PDA

View Full Version : Remember the shelter...

catnapper
02-17-2005, 01:59 PM
that I told everyone about.... the one that charges $200 just to accept the cat, PLUS they want the person giving them the cat to pay for all vetinary care? The one that charges $120 adoption fees? WELL... I just saw them on Animal Planet's "A Pet Story"

You could have knocked me over with a feather!

How do the ritzty, foo-foo places get notoriety, and the ones that do the most good, the ones that need the most public exposure and need the most donations... why do they get ignored?

aly
02-17-2005, 02:17 PM
We recently had to raise our adoption fee to $120 because the $75 was just not covering the costs per animal. We ask for a $25 donation for surrendering a fixed animal and a $75 donation for surrendering an unfixed animal. We're still in the hole and can't cover costs :o

I do think $200 is too much to ask though, and I hope that they make acceptions for people who just cannot do that. I missed your original thread so I dont know much else about that place. Anyway, keep fighting the fight for the little shelters out there and help get the word out. Maybe someday they will be recognized.

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Guess what they say is true? $$$$$ talks! That SUCKS!

catmandu
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
The Animal Welfare,asks 125 Dollars,and that does not even begin,to cover,the Vet Bills,the Housing costs,etc.And all,the work,taht is done,is done by volunteers! Maybe,they are charging 200 Dollars,to see if the Adopter,is sincere,as the SPCA,up here,is almost as expensive,but that includes Micro Chipping.