PDA

View Full Version : I miss my Tucker man........

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 07:52 PM
oh I am hurting so bad right now ... I can't stop crying, my heart feels so empty and I miss him so much it's killing me ... I want to smell his fur, feel him breath on my face, feel his whiskers tickle my forehead, I want to feel his paws kneading on my belly, oh God why? When, how, will this pain ever end??????????????????????????????????????????????////////

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2004, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how hard it is to lose a great companion. You may never know why you had to let him go, but you did do the right thing, And now he is at the RB without any pain and I am sure he really apprieciates you letting him go. I hope that you find the comfort that you need, to help you fill this void you are feeling. I offer my *HUGS* and I will continue to pray for you, Tucker and your family. I wish I could say more, but I just dont know what to say to make it stop hurting. I know it is hard to think of the good times, because it hurts to think of them, but you just need time to grieve, And I feel so bad:( I just hope that time will help heal your wounds, and I hope that you know that MANY of us here at PT look up to you, and think that you are a kind loving and compassionate person, who does rescue out of her heart, for no other reason other than love for helpless animals, who cant help themselves. I look up to you. *HUGS*:( Katie

Jods
11-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm so sorry Kim. :(

manda_moo87
11-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry about dear sweet Tucker. :( Hang in there dear, we're all here for you, your in my thoughts.

Grace
11-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Kim, I know exactly how you feel. Just two years ago, we lost our beloved Henry. He was also only two years old. I cried and cried - and still do today. It was so unfair, he was way too young, everything you're feeling now - I did then, and still do today.

It does get a little bit better with time, but just a little. Keep busy with the rest of your kitties and your gorgeous grand-daughter.

Sending {{{ hugs }}}

lizzielou742
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
kim - I am so sorry.... :( :( :( I don't know if there is anything I can say to make you feel any better. In desperate times, try to remember that you will see him again at the RB. :( :( :(
{{{hugs}}}

aki
11-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh Kim, I know exactly how you feel! When I lost my kitty Bilbo, I was the same way. I had to take time off work. Just when I thought I was okay, I would find a little clump of his fur behind a pillow or something and then start crying again. I ended up making a scrapbook of him to look at when I missed him with pics and bits of fur and his whiskers from my whisker box. After a while it made me feel better. I still have a framed pic on the fridge and it has been almost 12 years. Tucker is not gone. He will always be with you no matter where you are.
(((((((hugs)))))))))
Autumn

GraciesMommy
11-09-2004, 08:41 PM
I know how hard it is..it was one year ago for me last week when I lost mercedes..had to make that dreaded decision which I know was for the best, but my gosh its so hard...and still not over her yet..hugs

trayi52
11-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Kim, I am so sorry, and there is nothing I can say to make the pain go away. All I can do is just cry with you. And that is what I am doing right now. I just wish there was some magic words, but all I can do is say I'm sorry and if you need me, I am here for you anytime you need me.

Love,
Willie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Kim, I am so sorry, and there is nothing I can say to make the pain go away. All I can do is just cry with you. And that is what I am doing right now. I just wish there was some magic words, but all I can do is say I'm sorry and if you need me, I am here for you anytime you need me.

Love,
Willie

Willie, you are so sweet. I could never say it more eloquently so I'll just have to say ditto.

{{{hugs}}] to you Kim. :(

christa
11-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Kim:

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how much Tucker meant to you. Like everyone else has said . . . there's no magic words to make this pain go away.

All I can offer are prayers for you.

Lord, please ease the pain in Kim's heart! We all know how much she is suffering from the loss of her Tucker man. Bless her this night & help her to get a peaceful night's rest. And please be with her & comfort her down through the next few days. Amen.

You're always in my prayers, Kim. I hate that you're going through this.

{{{HUGS}}}

DogLover9501
11-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

Love,
Willie

I have to say ditto too.

Just know that we are all here for you and crying with you.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} :(

Logan
11-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Kim, I do hope that each day will get a bit easier for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and my heart is sad for you. :(

QueenScoopalot
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Many of us are with you, and understand the wrenching pain of losing such a special kitty. Cry all you can, and hug and cherish the sweeties who gather around you to comfort you. I've lost more than my share of extra special ones, and it's so hard. :( We're all here for you Kim.

jazzcat
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
(((KIM)))) I am so sorry. I wish there was some magical way to take the pain away. Unfortunately this comes with loving someone or something. It's been over 12 years since I had to part with my beloved poodle Pepper. He was my special 'heart' dog and I still miss him very much.

Laura's Babies
11-09-2004, 09:38 PM
When I lost my so special Sambo, I bawled for days... My eyes were almost swollen shut from crying so much and so hard, it was days before I could eat so I KNOW what you are going through. I know, it helps to have people who understand and have been there where you are right now.

It takes time Kim, a lot of time. If you want to cry 24/7, DO IT! Cry until there are no more tears. Sambo has been gone for... Hummm, I reckon 20 years or more and I STILL miss what we had and wish him back.

Kim, all I have to offer you right now is my prayers and I will do that daily while I am gone. May God ease your pain and help you heal.

sirrahbed
11-09-2004, 09:40 PM
((((Kim)))) We are here and sad and crying with you:(

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I know so many of you have felt what I am feeling ... and it does help to know that you understand and care ..... I just feel such a huge emptiness right now .... I thought I was getting better, but late afternoon / early evening up until bedtime is the worst. This is when he always followed me to "our" bed to go night night. Hubby works nights, so Tucker was my bed buddy. We had the same routine every night .... he knew when I said "let's go to bed, Tucker man" .... and would run back to the bedroom, jump on the bed and start purring and kneading the covers .... I always had to gently move him over just to pull the covers back and get in ... he was always standing right on my spot ... lol.

I am trying to post on some of the other boards some tonight, to get my mind off of myself and see where I can be of help to others. I am really dreading trying to get in my bed tonight. Last night I think I was too exhausted to even think about it ... tonight it is very clear. :(

Thank you all so much ..... Debbie .... thanks so much for calling me today, and Lorraine for calling me yesterday and also Gary (Catmandu) called me today as well. I am so very blessed with my wonderful PT friends.

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Craftlady
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I still cry to this day for RB Butterscotch he has only been gone since March. I am so happy I have all the photos I took of him. The memorial garden is a great comfort for me. I highly recommend doing that for RB furry kids. Time will heal :)

Fox-Gal
11-09-2004, 10:16 PM
I too am so sorry this had to happen, I know how bad you are hurting right now. As you may not know, I lost 3 of my babies during one of our hurricanes and it still hurts so much, even now.

Cry it out all you want and then remember the good days with Tucker and all the silly things, I'm sure he did, being a cat, then laugh about them and be thankfull you had him in your life and you where blessed with love.

Along with the joys of loving any pet comes the pain of losing them also. The two go hand in hand. Being able to accept love, I'm afraid means we have to accept lose with it.........but what a horrible life it would be if we didn't accept love into it, afraid of the risks of lose. You where given a great gift in Tucker, the gift of love, rejoice in that and it will get you through this.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
From the Zoo Crew.

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Wow, you all have such meaningful thoughts and stories to share, and they are so well-received ... "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough to say to you all!

Lori (jazzcat) just also called me .... you all are so very dear to my heart!

LOVE YOU!
Kim

rosethecopycat
11-09-2004, 11:02 PM
I know how you feel, Kim.
A heavy, heavy feeling in your chest. Tears just bursting forth.
And I know it will get better too.

I can't tell you how long it will be this hard, but try and turn that feeling into a warm feeling about Tucker. At least you had him to love for a time.
You will see him again.

:(

Rose

shais_mom
11-09-2004, 11:27 PM
While I have not lost a cat that was close to my heart like Tucker was your's, I can understand what you are going thru b/c my beloved Shaianne (greyhound) crosse to the bridge. It just takes time. Please take care of yourself!
Love
Staci

catfamily
11-10-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm so very sorry for the loss of such a special cat.I'm sorry for your pain.Know that Tucker had so much love from you as most cats are on the streets still looking for a home and love.
I know it was too early for Tucker but I know he had special love from you before he left us.

popcornbird
11-10-2004, 03:47 AM

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

NKBurlington
11-10-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm so sorry! I know how you feel.

In February, we lost our Sweet Jessie Girl. I took her to the vet and was in the room when they gave her the needle. DH could not go - he was too heartbroken and I felt ONE of us had to be there with her when she left to go to the RB.

I cried a lot while she was given the needle and I cried even more while holding her in my arms after she had passed. When I went home, I comforted DH who was a basket case. I was strong for him and did not cry; I only comforted him.

Then, the following night we were watching TV and I just lost it. I mean LOST IT! I bawled HARD for over an hour! I had no idea that a person could have so many tears. Do they ever end? It was DH's turn to comfort me. I cried for two days straight.

I feel your pain.

Attached is a picture of my Sweet Jessie Cat.

Barbara
11-10-2004, 07:24 AM
I am so sorry Kim!

Whenever I wake up in a hotel there is this second when I expect Filou to jump on my bed. If I imagine he would never come again...............

catlover4ever
11-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Oh Kim, my heart is aching for you {{{hugs}}}. I remember when I lost Tigger's brother Tony in 1999. It was all of a sudden. Even thought he had been sick for a while he had seemed to have gotten better, but I guess I was just fooling myself.

I can tell you that it does get easier....but I also know that it is no consolation to you right now. I'm just so sorry. :(

I have a tribute to Tony in pictures right next to my bed and I also was able to get his ashed back from the vet so I have them in a shadow box with his picture that is beside my bed as well. It has been 5 years since I lost him and I still look over at his pictures and think about him and cry. He was a "soul kitty"....just like Tucker was for you. Feel blessed that you were loved by him....we don't get to many "soul kitties" in our lifetime.

You know that if you ever need to talk or just someone to listen....I'm just a PM away. --- Meg

Rachel
11-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Kim, I am so very sorry. Tucker was a real buddy to you, a baby boy, a constant joy in your life. When an animal fills so many of our needs and then he is no longer there, there is indeed an emptiness. I am the type who can let the grief turn into a depression. Grieve, miss him, cry....yes, but hold on to the joy of life that Tucker was so much a part of. To do that is to honor him. For every tear you shed, look too to the beauty of the world around you and take it in. This will take a lot of effort in the coming days and weeks, but it is important that you make the effort. Tucker was a wonderful kitty, and being that, you know he wants you to recover from the heartbreak of his loss.

God bless his little soul and be with you during this sad time.

Love from us...

catmandu
11-10-2004, 08:17 AM
We,too were sorry,to hear about Tucker,and we were happy,taht you got,to hear so many Cats,yesterday.

ramanth
11-10-2004, 09:48 AM
:( :(

*HUGS*

kimlovescats
11-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Each and every one of you are such blessings to me always, and especially right now when I truly need you. I know my grief is bringing up sad memories for you as well, but you are kind enough to re-hash those feelings in order to comfort me. This is incredible to me, and I love you so much for this. I promise that I will not post any more sad threads about my Tucker from this point on .... maybe a few picture threads in his honor, but no more tears!;)

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Kim

persianmom
11-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Kim

I'm so sorry that you are in pain. I too understands the lost of a beloved pet. I will get better and you will remember the good times and joy he brought to you and then you will smile. :( :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker's trip to the Rainbow Bridge... .
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20474%20rainbow_bridge.gif

Bari_d
11-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Kim, Tucker was such a precious, precious boy, and he was also a very fortunate furrbaby because he had you to love him. Many of us here have loved Tucker from afar...

We understand your pain only too well..

Bari
----------------------------------

Keep our friend, KC's poem in mind...

"I'm Still Here"

Copyright by KC Sievert Bingamon 1998
for her precious CenCen
Copied with KC's permission

I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep
I could see that you were crying
and found it hard to sleep.
I purred to you so softly,
as you brushed away a tear.
"It's me, I haven't left you,
I'm fine, I'm well, I'm still here."

I was close to you at breakfast..
I watched you make your tea.
You were thinking of the many times
your hand reached down to touch me.
I gently put my paw on you,
smiled and said.."It's me ...
I'm never far away...
I'm still here."
You sat there very quietly,
then you smiled, you knew.

The day is over, I smile...
you yawn, and say,
"Goodnight ... God Bless,
see you in the morning."
When the time is right for you
to cross the brief divide
I'll rush to greet you...
we'll stand side by side.
I have so many things to show you..
There is so much for you to see..
be patient ... live your journey out..
and then, come home to me..

K & L
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh poor Kim. I just want to cry. I'm so sorry you're hurting so much. Only time helps, and friends like us here! The only peace for you heart is to know he's no longer suffering. Hang in there girl, we're here for you!

Queen of Poop
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
So very sorry about your loss. Been there way too recently myself, 3 months ago today for dear Trouble and almost 9 months ago for dearest Sami. Take care, I shed tears for you.

aguu
11-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Kim I am very very sorry fro you loss. I cannot imagine how much pain you must be in. My heart truly breaks for you. You are in my prayers!

dreamingoutloud
11-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker. I know that pain that you're going through. I lost my Phoebe on Monday, and it's just tearing my heart out. I can't stop crying. They really become such a huge part of our lives, and fill up our hearts with their love. My house feels so empty and quiet without her, even though I have two other cats. No one can take the place of that little furry soul.

I'll be thinking of you, and sending my good thoughts to help you heal. God bless.

---emily

catcrazylady
11-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Kim, you can share your feelings with us anytime! Don't hold back your feelings with your PT friends. You are not bringing people down and we understand so well what you are feeling. I just wish there was more that we could do. Sometimes just expressing in writing what your feeling helps so much and of course we are here to validate your feelings because we do understand.
God Bless you and take care friend.

prechrswife
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
(((((((Hugs))))))))