PDA

View Full Version : mum got an eternity ring at last....

carole
10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
It's my mother's 70th birthday on the 18th November, so we have been ring hunting, my sister in Auckland found two rings for her and had them sent down to our jewellers here, and today we went shopping and she now has this gorgeous ring, wish I had a camera to show you all, however my dad has just purchased a good digi camera, but its in Australia with my sister who is on holiday and snapping pics up, but its mighty pretty, her engagement ring is one that has three diamonds, and the new one has got, I think five.

Anyway just wanted to share, it is long overdue and she is rather happy with it.

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 07:53 PM
What exactly is an eternity ring? I have never heard of it before. :confused: I love rings! Congrats to your mom. :D

carole
10-20-2004, 07:59 PM
You may have a different name for it in America, well you get your engagement ring, then wedding ring, and hopefully an eternity ring which means just what it says, you are married for eternity, now my parents have been married for 51 years, so she has been waiting a while.

I got my eternity ring from my husband when our daugher was born, he brought it into the hospital, it was such a suprise, I had seen it with him a while back and said how I loved it, I am looking at getting it re-modeled soon, as it does not match my new ring set.

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh I get it now! By the way, I'm not in Australia....I live in the state of North Dakota... :o :rolleyes: How embarressing....:o

carole
10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Huh i am confused, I know you are from America:confused: what made you think I thought you were an aussie lol.:) :Do you need your vision checked lol?;)

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by carole
Huh i am confused, I know you are from America:confused: what made you think I thought you were an aussie lol.:) :D

Oh my bad....lol :o :o I read AUSTRALIA instead of AMERICA....guess I was reading too fast...lol....sorry about that! oh my! :o :o :rolleyes:

carole
10-20-2004, 08:19 PM
It's ok I kinda figured that lol, is it late at night over there? BTW is Miranda Rae your real name, just asking as its a very pretty name, must put it on my future kitties name list lol.:)

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by carole
It's ok I kinda figured that lol, is it late at night over there? BTW is Miranda Rae your real name, just asking as its a very pretty name, must put it on my future kitties name list lol.:)

Its about 8:22 here. Thanks! Yes, Miranda Rae is my real name. Miranda is my first name and Rae is my middle name. I like it too! :)

carole
10-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I feel we should be private messaging each other, but oh well did not expect too many replys anyhow, you are lucky to have such a pretty name, thank those parents of your's.:)

Miranda_Rae
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
lol....thats what i was thinking...next time maybe we'll do that. oh yes, I have thanked them for the nice name! :)

catnapper
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Thats a lovely gift! I've been trying to convince my dad to get my mom something like that. Mom works in a kitchen and one day she was kneeding dough... hours later she noticed the diamond from her engagement ring had fallen out. She KNOWS it was in someone's pie crust :( We never had the money to replace the stone, but I have always thought he should get her something like your dad got your mom.

I had always thought an eternity ring was a band with channel set diamonds all the way around (which seems silly to me - and hard to keep clean! :D )

KYS
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Happy 70th Birthday to your mother, I know she
will love her ring.

carole
10-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys, yes she is very happy with it, it makes her engagement ring look like one big diamond now.

trayi52
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
What a lovely, sweet and thoughtful gift! I bet she just loves it!

Willie:)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I've never heard of an eternity ring before. Everyone I know only has an engagement ring and a wedding band. It sounds like such a wonderful thing, I'll have to mention it to Justin. ;)

carole
10-21-2004, 04:01 PM
It is probably a British tradition we have followed, not sure really, but the idea behind it is nice, being married for eternity, yes mention it to Justin, you may be sporting a new diamond in the future , here's hoping!
Great to see you back Willie I was worried about you.:)

trayi52
10-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Carole, just been hanging around the telephone pole trying to get them to fix my phone! Thanks for worrying, but I am back!

Willie:D

carole
10-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Great stuff Willie, glad to have you back on board.:)