PDA

View Full Version : just a vent....

carole
10-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Last night as we were going to bed, I was upstairs in our room looking out, I like to check there are no weirdo's hanging around, I have a good bird's eye view.

These three girls probably 19-20 years are walking alone at 10.30 at night, I guess they think it is safe, and then one of the girls goes up to my hubby's work van(which is parked outside)due to lack of room on our small section and proceeds to pull the window wipers, so they are sticking out, before she could do any damage( i don't know her intentions,) I open the window and yell NAH BUGGER OFF, she jumped out of her skin , good job, they ran away giggling.

My guess is a few too many were had in the bar that night, still they annoy me when they think it is funny to vandalise other people's property.

Ok I am done, thanks for listening.:)

AmberLee
10-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm so glad you were alert and scared them off. The nerve of some people!!! :mad:

catnapper
10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
LOL... thanks for the giggle. I can so relate to your story. My husband LOVES to yell things out to idiots who think they can play pranks on our yard. I love the ones that start screaming spanish obscenities at him, and he screams them back! The look of sheer surprise usually sends them running. LOL

carole
10-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah she sure got taken by suprise.

However I am mad, because when I went out to do the paper run today, I found a piece of black rubber where the van was, so looks like she broke it, little brat!!!!!!!!:mad:

Harmless pranks are fine,and yes I was young once too, but breaking stuff for the sheer hell of it, p's me off. UGH!!!

IttyBittyKitty
10-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Agreed!! Idiotic youngsters with no respect are very annoyng!!

Tonya
10-15-2004, 12:40 PM
What idiots! My husband says you need to invest in a paintball gun for next time. :D

carole
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Now thats an idea.

I live in an area close to the university and orientation week is coming up, again this is a time when drunken students think it is fun to vandalise others property, usually the letterboxes get taken out, now a paintball gun would be ideal hmmm carole thinks we might invest in one of those things, I wonder if I could be taken up for assault though lol.

moosmom
10-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Carole,

We have alot of that here in Ecorse. When I first moved here, someone punctured one of my tires (the one facing AWAY from the street).

The poor lady next door to me, Betty (88 years old) who has lived in her house for over 35 years, had her house broken into last week while she was out with her daughter. The jerk kicked the door in and stole lover $200 she had hidden in different places. Her daughter's broyfriend is an Ecorse cop. She now has a new door with 2 dead bolts AND a security system that the boyfriend paid for. Before that, someone broke her front window while she was asleep. I feel really bad for her because she lives alone. There's WAY to much of that crap going on in this town. Alot of derelects, displaced people with nothing better to do. It's sad.

I feel safe in my place because it's on the top floor of a building. No one bothers me and they'd have to break in the bottom door just to gain access to the stairwell. My top door has 2 deadbolts and a chain lock.

Isn't it sad that at one time people didn't HAVE to worry about locking their doors, cars, or walking down the street after dark, etc. :(

carole
10-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Yes Donna it sure is, I remember when my american friend came over (this is like 16 yrs ago,) he thought New Zealand was so crime free (and it was and probably still is compared with the US)that he could leave his car unlocked, but even then you still couldn't , there is always the opportunist thief just waiting to pounce.

I really detest mindless vandalism though, it bugs the hell out of me, the council here put in beautiful young trees(of which my rates help pay for) to beautify the roadside, and now most of them have never matured, because mindless idiots with nothing better to do have destroyed them, UGH!!!!