PDA

View Full Version : GRRR stupid warts!!!

tikeyas_mom
09-13-2004, 08:52 PM
I found a wart on Tikeyas neck a while back ands the vet said it was no big deal. Well guess what! I just found another one on her chest!!!! The last thing I want to think of is my baby getting older (The vet says that older dogs get warts :(). He wont remove them inless she is already under anestetic!!! :mad: ... She doesnt need a major surgery so at this rate they will never get removed, and I hate them. I want them GONE!

Nomilynn
09-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Our old english sheepdog started getting them around 7yrs.. by the time she was 12 they were everywhere. I don't think she EVER fussed with them, but they were kinda nasty looking :p

Tonya
09-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Ewwwww? Ask the vet if maybe that Compound W stuff that you use on humans is safe.

wolf_Q
09-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Smokey had a couple of warts, we had them removed...and guess what...they just grew back. He had a ton of them when he was really old. Reggie has a couple now too. Just be glad Tikeya has a coat that will cover them.

Nebo had a large wart type thing on his leg when he was 4 months old, it was removed when he was neutered and it has not grown back.

wolfie
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Cocoa has a couple warts on her ears and neck. She's had them since she was 2, so it's not just something old dogs get. It's no big deal.

Dot
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Same here with my poodle/terrier mix -- he has more warts than I can count! They don't bother him, though, even when one 'oozes' a little bit. I have to be a little careful with the clippers when I give him a haircut, but other than that, the warts are no problem.

My vet said he would be wealthy if he could have a penny for every wart he's ever seen on dogs.

Our dog's name is Shorty (he's low to the ground), but our nickname for him is "Warty Shorty."

:-D

Logan
09-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Murphy has at least a dozen. I think it is just one of those age related things and I tell her that it adds "character". She could care less! Hehehe!!! She's 14 1/2 years old!!!! :D

bsherman
09-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Tawny has quite a few, I stopped counting, when you get older you get warts, not the virus ones, just old warts. She 13 1/2 and they add dignity to an old white face. Our vet is the same , she doesn't like to knock out a senior due to possible complications.
Tawny wears them well and I love everyone of them. Even furless seniors get them. :)