PDA

View Full Version : so excited!

shais_mom
12-09-2001, 12:12 AM
I FINALLY found "The World's Best Cat Litter" at my pet store!!
Haven't opened yet I just opened a box of OdorLockers. I told the salesclerk I don't care what you have to do but I want a bag of that!
Can't wait to try it!

aly
12-09-2001, 01:22 AM
Good luck with the new litter! Let me know how it works out. I still swear by my Pearl crystal litter.

TheAntiPam
12-09-2001, 12:44 PM
I've heard good things about the quality of the pearls, but isn't it expensive???

Oh wait, what am I saying??? This is for my kitties - and my only reason for having a job and making money is to support them in the style to which they are accustom - silly me! :D

yorkster
12-09-2001, 08:48 PM
Oh, I just love the Worlds Best Cat Litter! Clumps so well and is safely flushable (BONUS!)

:) :D

Freckles
12-10-2001, 07:28 AM
I'm a Worlds Best.... fan too. Won't change.
I haven't heard of OdorLockers, but from the website it looks expensive. Let us know what you think of that (before you change to the Best)

AmberLee
12-10-2001, 02:18 PM
Picked up a bag of "World's Best..." this weekend and we are trying it out. Apparently someone likes it ... Someone ripped into the bag and spread it/wallowed in it before I got it in the pan. :mad: Trying to convince myself this is a good sign. :rolleyes:

It reminds me a lot of S'Wheat, but seems to clump better. :D

When we tried Litter Pearls the odor control was great, but the little pearls got EVERYwhere and were a mess to clean. How do you control the 'kicking out of the box' mess? :confused:

purrley
12-10-2001, 02:48 PM
Last time I tried a new cat litter - one or more than one cat decided they didn't like it. Is this new litter really fine grain. The clump litters are like that and I guess my cats don't like that feel on their feet. They like diamonds - and still think they're diamonds :D :D Quote from my very favorite commerical :D :D Of course if it's more convenient for Mom it just can't be good
:cool:

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

NoahsMommy
12-10-2001, 03:22 PM
Where do you get it??? I don't they have it at the Petsmart by me....anyone have any ideas?

AmberLee
12-10-2001, 04:01 PM
Check out their website -- see the list of stores that carry it.

World's Best ... (http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/)

yorkster
12-10-2001, 04:31 PM
Ammber, when I first brought home a bag of Worlds Best, both my cats wanted to taste it- I guess because it's made from corn. That was okay though, it's non-toxic and harmless, which is another bonus.

As far as the litter pearls, they worked pretty good, bought I kept finding those things all over the house. I even would find them IN my bed....ouch! :eek: :(

AmberLee
12-10-2001, 04:41 PM
Dear Yorkster,

Thanks, that is reassuring. The first evening, once I finally got it in the cleaned out box, there were lots of paw prints through it. As of this morning, they are finally feeling free to use it as 'advertised'. It seems to be really good on odor control, although this is early to say...

I really liked LP, but the little pearls rolled everywhere and were very difficult to clean up. They seemed very static sensetive(?), would cling to the sides of things and would adhere to Sassy's poofy tail. I was using this litter once when I was travelling with the fur-kids. My relative complained she was still sweeping up LPs for months after we left. :o We switched back to our original litter (especially when travelling!).

aly
12-10-2001, 10:07 PM
I haven't had a problem with the Pearls being all over the house. Some of them do gather around the litter box after awhile, but I just sweep them up every so often.

I think I lucked out because my cat is a neat freak. Although she does love to dig a lot in her litter box, she manages to keep most of it in there. I buy the Low Tracking kind so the crystals are bigger and never get stuck on her.

AmberLee
12-10-2001, 10:11 PM
Maybe that's the key. They were really new when we tried them ... I don't remember a low-tracking option even being available.

They don't seem static-y any more? I'd try to sweep them up and roughly 1/3 would adhere to the broom. Very messy last time I tried em. Sounds like they've improved.

yorkster
12-10-2001, 11:12 PM
Aly.....your cat is a neat freak? You are so lucky! My 2 boys are messy as heck. Maybe boys are messier or something- I don't know......

I too noticed that the crystals were statticy (spellcheck there). maybe they are better now, or maybe it's once again my messy boys.

aly
12-10-2001, 11:42 PM
They must've improved it because I don't have a problem with it being static-y at all.

The only problem with having a neat freak cat is if I don't scoop out the poop as much as she would like, she'll go to the bathroom outside the box :eek: But she always does it right next to the box, never anywhere else. Another good thing about her is she doesn't like ANY human food except tuna so she's not a beggar when people are trying to eat. I love my oddball cat :)

shais_mom
12-11-2001, 01:06 AM
The OderLockers wasn't as near as expensive as World's Best. I think about $10.00
Kylie is very adjustable, thank god. I have tried so many different litters with her and she hasn't had a problem husing any of them.
I did like the Tidy Cat Pearls, I think they were low tracking. But the litter pearls ended up in my bed and like Yorkster, IT HURT!
I haven't tried it yet, I have almost a full box of the OL.
Will keep you posted!

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 12:38 PM
Dear Shai's Mom,

I've never heard of OdorLocker. If you don't mind, report back after your fur-kids have given it a good try. Thanks!

Logan
12-11-2001, 01:19 PM
I keep seeing the title "so excited" and I get excited, forgetting that it is a kitty litter discussion! :o LOL! Poor Mimi and Butter, they get Tidy Cat, Multiple Cat, clay litter! But they hardly ever use it, preferring to do their business outside. :)

BigCharles
12-11-2001, 06:19 PM
Anybody used "Worlds Best" in a LitterMaid yet? There is no way that we are ever going back to the manual box.

Lamoni does his thing in the garage and waits inside the door in the kitchen for the box to go off. Then he starts meowing for attention. "See ...er... hear what a good boy I was, Daddy?"

The Tidy Cat, Multiple Cat, intense oder control stuff is good, but if WB has even less dust and would help reduce allergic recation for Cindy it might be worth it.

yorkster
12-11-2001, 10:05 PM
Yes Charles, the Worlds Best is pretty dust-free. It does track a bit, but not any worse than regular litter. I am not totally allergic to dust, but kinda sensitive at this point, so I notice when litter is pretty dusty........ :eek:

shais_mom
12-13-2001, 12:37 PM
Kylie seems to like Odor Lockers. I think that for my first cat I have been blessed with a cat that isn't too picky about her litter. I am sure the next one won't be!
She doesn't care when I go from Tidy Cat to pearls to clumping to nonclumping.
She's wonderful.
It was me that wanted to try WB.
Sorry Logan I should have came up with a better title! Leave it to me to get excited over Cat Litter! Its my first cat!
:D :D

cr7clark
12-13-2001, 02:44 PM
Shais_Mom, you KNOW you're way too attached to your cats when you tell your guests you "need to use the litterbox" when you have to go to the bathroom!! LOL!
You also know you're WAY too attached to your cats when the only topic that gets you going is what kind of cat litter to use!! :D :D