PDA

View Full Version : Another angel has crossed to the Bridge

Gio
09-13-2001, 10:03 AM
I have already posted something similar to the thread "Prayer request list" in Dogs general, please forgive me for the repetition.

On Tuesday we had to take the sad decision to put Gigio to sleep The last couple of days he was just laying on the floor, refused to eat and had become incontinent. It was so sweet on Saturday night he insisted in crawling in my bed and slept wrapped around my neck all night, it was the first time in weeks and also the last time he left the kitchen. I have no regrets with him, we found him when he was only a few months old and lived very happily for over 18 years. It's strange not to see him around though.

Maya and Prema keep looking round, poor Maya doesn't know what's hit her with my dad being so unwell and now losing her brother. My parent are also devastated and keep crying. It's hard but I think that it was the best for him.

Former User
09-13-2001, 10:12 AM
We are so sorry to hear about your cat :(
but it's best that way, now he didn't have to suffer. He's watching you and your family from the Rainbow Brigde and hope that you all will be fine. Take care ok?

Cougie Wechsler
09-13-2001, 11:04 AM
My deepest sympathies over your loss. God Bless you.

cr7clark
09-13-2001, 11:23 AM
I am sorry to hear about your beloved Gigio. You did the right thing but it still hurts. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this tough time. :(

shais_mom
09-13-2001, 12:55 PM
Gio, I had no idea, I am so sorry for your loss. We will grieve together.

Logan
09-13-2001, 02:21 PM
Gio....I am sorry and happy at the same time. So glad that you had 18 wonderful years together, but sad for you and your family that eventually, it had to come to an end. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Staci today. We have lost two great friends on this board.

Logan

lizbud
09-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Gio...
I'm so very sorry to hear about Gigio..
It is such a hard time for us that stay behind; but know that you gave the last full
measure of love to sweet Gigio by releasing
him from his pain and suffering !!
I will pray for You ,(Maya & Prema) and family....

Cinder & Smoke
09-13-2001, 04:24 PM
We'd like to offer our sympathy to Gio and the Family on the passing of dear Gigio :(.

Take comfort that you have 18 years of happy memories to think back on.

/s/ Phred, Cinder, Smokey, and Boots

zippy-kat
09-13-2001, 04:49 PM
What a sad week for the pettalkers.

Gio, please know you are in my prayers. If you need anything, let me know.

God Bless you!

4 feline house
09-13-2001, 07:06 PM
It seems here in the last month or so an inordinate number of Pet Talkers saw their beloved furry friends go to the rainbow bridge. Gio, please accept my deepest sympathies. Never doubt that you did the kindest thing a pet parent can do. Take comfort in the knoweledge that you gave him the best possible life. So many, many animals don't have the same fortune. I'm glad you had one last cuddly night with him. He probably knew and wanted to spend one more night with his humans.

wolflady
09-13-2001, 08:18 PM
Oh Gio, please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. Know that you gave Gigio the best 18+ years of life :) Maybe God has been calling special pets to come and comfort those lost in the tragedy, because we all know how comforting pets can be...God bless you and you're in our prayers as well.

AmberLee
09-13-2001, 08:25 PM
{{{Gio and Gigio}}}

So sorry to hear of your loss. Holding your family in our thoughts and prayers.

crow_noir
09-14-2001, 01:03 AM
Gio, my thoughts go out to you and your family.

yorkster
09-14-2001, 02:18 AM
Gio, I am so sorry for you. Please don't worry because you did the best thing possible. Someone said, and I agree that many pets have passed-on this week, so that they can comfort the people that were lost on Tuesday. Our thoughts are with you.

Gio
09-14-2001, 06:23 AM
Thanks a lot everyone. I will print all your replies and keep them with my babies photos

gini
09-15-2001, 01:42 AM
Gio, I just saw your post. Please allow me to extend to you my deepest sympathy. It seems to me that no matter how long a life or short of the pets that I have lost - it was never enough time. 18 years - it is just like losing a child. My very first cat, Sugar lived to be 18. I miss his sweetness even today.

The Rainbow Bridge must be just like love - there is always room for one more. What tender last few days you had. I understand your loss.

Kirsten
09-15-2001, 08:29 AM
I'm sooo sorry! :( I know it's so hard to let them go, especially after such a long time. At least he doesn't have to suffer anymore...

Kirsten

tatsxxx11
09-15-2001, 10:20 AM
Dear Gio. I also wrote you a note on the prayer request thread. I am heartsick and so saddened to hear of the passing of precious Gigio. And sweet little Maya and Prema. I know you miss your furpal so. And my heart goes out to your parents as well. Please give them my love. I hope our father is getting better. My heart is so filled with sadness this week it is almost overwhelming. I lost my kitty Lizzy of 19 years this past Christmas. No matter how long we are privileged and blessed to have them in our lives, it is never long enough. Bless you little Gigio. Your mommy will miss you so until you are together again. Gio, until then, hold tightly to the beautiful memories you shared those many years. Let them flood into your heart and fill that sad, empty space until you see his precious face again. My family sends all of our love, sympathy and prayers to you and your family during this very sad time.
Love, Sandra
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Gio, Staci, and everyone who has lost a precious furkid.
God Bless Our Pets

They say memories are golden
Well, yes, this may be true
I never wished for memories
I only wanted you

A million times I needed you
A million times I cried
If love alone could save you
You never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a special place
No one can ever fill

If tears could build a stairway
And heartache pave a lane
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again

Our family chain is broken
And nothing seems the same
But as God calls us one by one
The chain will link again

author...
ANNONYMOUS

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

NoahsMommy
09-16-2001, 10:50 PM
When I first came to PetTalk, Gigio was the first name I saw...I thought it was a very sweet name.

I am so sorry for this loss. You did the right thing by peacefully allowing Gigio to go to animal heaven...you really did. You loved this precious angel enough to put his needs first.

You are in my prayers for your sadness to lift and only the happy times to stay. I am really sorry... :(

God Bless.

Gio
09-17-2001, 06:46 AM
Sandra,
thank you so much for the beautiful poem. I will take it home along with all the other messages and translate it for my family. My parents have taken it rather badly, my father being old and ill himself was very upset and my mon, who insisted to be alone with him his during his last minutes, cries every time she thinks of him. Things are slowly getting better and they now start to talk about their memories.

NoahsMummy,
Gigio is a sweet name even though it's the name of ...a mouse. I can't recall who called him that (we were all livng home at that time) but whoever it was decided to name him after a puppet who was rather popular. Once he was sleeping, that program was on, someone on the telly just shouted "Gigio", the cat woke up with a jump and looked at us as if he wanted to say " It wasn't me, I was sleeping honest!" :D

catwoman
09-18-2001, 02:00 PM
Gio,

I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved Gigio. But I am happy he has other special friends from PetTalk already there to greet him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. They will all play together there, with the perfect health of kittens.

Dianne

Snowy's Mommy
09-19-2001, 03:07 PM
Gio,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Gigio.....our prayers are with you and your family.

Snowy and Jordan

nsweezie
09-19-2001, 09:08 PM
It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, but you can take some solace in the fact that you provided a wonderful home for a special animal.
My thoughts are with you.

shais_mom
09-20-2001, 12:07 AM
Gio, I just found out that my cousin had to out her cat of 6 years to sleep. He had feline luekemia. And a girl I work with had to put her 9 year old Golden to sleep in the end of August and another guy I work with his 2 year old rottie died a month ago.
I hope they are all playing at the bridge together.

Gio
09-20-2001, 07:18 AM
Staci, I hope they joined the rest of them. GIgio hated being on his own.

Ila
09-20-2001, 08:49 PM
Words cannot express at a time like this how much sorrow you are feeling I am sure. Our sypathy goes out to you. Their little humans in furry bodies. Their our children and I am sure your baby is in heaven. Take care and remember the good times.

AvaJoy
10-04-2001, 08:44 PM
Gio . . . wasn't Topo Gigio the name of the mouse puppet on the Ed Sullivan show a zillion years ago?? If that is his namesake, I'm sure he is entertaining all the Rainbow Bridge furkids until you both meet again.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss, and just want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Gio
10-05-2001, 05:35 AM
Yes, you're right... Topo Gigio is the puppet that appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show :D