PDA

View Full Version : Today is day one of my Slimfast diet :( :) I need encouragement!!

Sirrahsim
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Oooook my husband and I decided yesterday that it was time to get off our rear ends and start losing some weight. I've got 25lbs to lose and he has about 20lbs or so.
We have started the slimfast plan, replacing two meals a day with the shakes. We are planning on going to the gym 5x a week to do cardio and weight training. I am also going to start taking CLA tommorow, and depending on how I feel, he might start taking that too, we can get it pretty cheap here on base.
Soooooooo, I have gone on this diet once before and it worked miracles, but I always have a hard time sticking to it. We have decided to allow ourselves one cheat meal a week. This week it will be on Sunday for our 4th of July cook out.
Pllllllease give me encouragement. I thought about posting a now picture and then later posting my results, but I don't wanna scare anybody:o :o I'm currently 5'4"(about) and approximately 147lbs. I wear a size 13 juniors jeans and that is just not right:(
WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Sirrahsim
06-28-2004, 10:30 PM
I guess I should add that I'm trying to lose weight just so that I'm healthier. I couldn't really care less about being "Pleasantly Plump":):)

anna_66
06-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Well Good Luck! I bet you'll do great.

And I surely don't think your picture would scare anyone.
At one time I was 153 and I'm only 5'2":eek: Now that's scary:p

RobiLee
06-28-2004, 11:46 PM
You can do it! I'll be your constant reminder for ya. I really need to do something also. Maybe you can kick me in the butt also.

I did join Curves and was doing super good for awhile. I even lost 15 pounds but now I'm in a funk and can't seem to get myself back there.

I hate all the weight issues. Drives me crazy!!!

I'll be here for ya if you feel like talking about it. I have a lot more weight to lose than you. So lets help each other out.

You should also talk to Kimmy (ramanth). She was doing the slimfast diet and it is working really well for her. She seems really dedicated to it and looks fabulous!! Keep it up, Kimmy! I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning that :o

Oh well, best of luck and I'm here for ya....lets motivated each other!!

Robin :)

RobiLee
06-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok....I just read what size you are and I would be so thrilled to be that size. But I know that everyone has there own self body image. If I post my full size pic of me than maybe you won't fee so bad....lol

Sirrahsim
06-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Ok, well here is me...:) I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm already contemplating skipping the gym today and swimming some laps at the pool instead, that's exercise, right?

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/Missyatworkfixed.jpg

I pasted over my coworkers for their privacy.:)

Uabassoon
06-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Swimming is great excersice, it's great cardio and it also helps to tone your body. If you swim instead of going to the gym don't feel bad about it at all.

NoahsMommy
06-29-2004, 01:22 AM
I think you look great, but feeling great is even more important. :)

When I need to make myself feel better, I eat healthier, but I need to be accountable. So, I made a food journal and had to look at what I put in my mouth each day.

You could do the same thing with food as you do excercise. Post it here or put it on your mirror at home....basically anywhere you'll have to stare at it.

Good luck! :)

anna_66
06-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I made a food journal and had to look at what I put in my mouth each day.

This is a super idea. I did the same thing and it worked awesome!

ramanth
06-29-2004, 09:08 AM
That is quite all right Robin. :D

You can do it Sirrahsim!!

I started Slim Fast a little over a month ago and lost 10 lbs initially and am now losing about a pound or 2 a week. :)

When I started I was 150 lbs at 5'6". I had just bought new clothes and couldn't fit in them! :mad: :(

I'm now down to around 135 lb. and am so happy that I fit in my clothes again. It's all I wanted. :)

AmberLee
06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Good luck. I think you look terrific already, but being healthy and feeling good about yourself is important, too.

More power to you!

Can I suggest only weighing once a week (daily fluxuations are FRUSTRATING) but posting your daily exercises successes here as a reinforcement?

Good luck to you both.

Dogz
06-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I think you look great, but feeling great is even more important. :)

I couldn't have said it better myself, Kelly. :)

Good luck, I am sure you can do it!

Sirrahsim
06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
hmmm my attempt at making my sensible meal for today didn't go very well... I first tried to turn on our big gas grill to make up some grilled chicken breasts, but I've never used the thing before and it made a scary hissing sound that I'm not entirely sure is normal.... soooooo I pulled out our George Foreman grill and put a chicken breast on there while making some broccoli and cauliflower on the stove. Well, I somehow managed to cook the outside of the chicken to the consistency of leather without fully cooking the insides, and I didn't cook the veggies long enough, but hey, it's my first try at making something healthy. I'd prefer to whip up a pan of lasagna or spaghetti everyday, but that is partly what got me into this position in the first place.
*sigh* have I lost any weight yet?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

by the way, I tossed the undercooked chicken, but ate the slightly crunchy veggies anyway:D :rolleyes:

edit: I can't spell today!!

BCBlondie
06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Sirrahsim, I also think you look fine the way you are!! But like NoahsMommy said, it's good to FEEL good as well..

Good luck!!! ^_^

Just wondering.. what are some good exercises to burn leg fat?

Sirrahsim
06-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Just wondering.. what are some good exercises to burn leg fat?

Sadly I don't think you can "spot" burn fat. I think that your body will just burn fat wherever it feel like taking it from. There are some great exercises for toning legs though! I love the movements from Winsor Pilates. They make my legs sore for a few days afterwards, but I think it's well worth it. The "clams" are a particularly painful exercise, but those movements tighten up my legs after just a few workouts.

Sirrahsim
06-29-2004, 11:29 PM
by the way, thank you to everyone who thinks I look fine how I am:o :) :) My main purpose of this diet is to improve my health, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't secretly toy with the thought of being toned, tight, and compact one day *snort* like that'll ever happen:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

ramanth
06-30-2004, 08:17 AM
I do the majority of my cooking on a Foreman grill too. I usually cook everything too long. :o But you'll get the hang of it. :)

Do you get your recipes from Slim-Fast.com? They have some great stuff there. :)

Sirrahsim
07-01-2004, 08:04 PM
I CHEATED!!!!! I feel terrible:( I was starving, and they have these really good spuds at this restaurant that I handle funds for... they're soooo goood! They bake potatoes, then cut them into slices, then season and deep fry them yummmy
But I CHEATED on my diet!!

I only had a few before my guilt forced me to throw the rest away, but now my guilt is forcing me to tell all of you:(

On the up side, my pants are feeling a bit looser today than they did last week:)
No, Ramanth, I haven't looked at the recipes from slim-fast.com. I didn't even think of that! thanks for giving me an idea:)

popcornbird
07-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I need to get back to losing weight again too. I lost over 20 pounds over the past few months, and I would like to lose some more. I've been a little lazy for a while though, and I'm not watching my diet as I should, nor am I exercising *enough*. I need to get back on track.

As to losing fat on your legs, there are many leg workouts you can do that really help. I usually use stretch bands for working out my legs, and they really help. They help when I do it everyday.

sirrahned
07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Pllllllease give me encouragement. I thought about posting a now picture and then later posting my results, but I don't wanna scare anybody:o :o I'm currently 5'4"(about) and approximately 147lbs. I wear a size 13 juniors jeans and that is just not right:(
WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Hey Girl,

We still have thirty cans of slimfast in our fridge. They haven't worked yet to take off a single pound. I guess we could try actually drinking them. I hope you have good luck with your diet...

Love,

Dad

lizzielou742
07-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Good Luck with your diet! It's great that you're making a change for yourself. You do look fine the way you are now!!! Of course, everyone says that to me too. LOL.

Swimming is GREAT exercise. It's a complete cardiovascular workout, it's low-impact on your joints, the water provides resistance, and it's an entire body workout the entire time you're in the pool. One summer, I started swimming four times a week (I worked at a pool) and stopped drinking pop, and I lost 30 pounds! (I went from 180 to 150, I'm 5' 6.5") Unfortunately it didn't stay off, but that was because I went back to college in the fall, stopped exercising and started back up on my beer/pop drinking, late-night nacho eating, pizza-ordering diet. :D At least I never got back up to 180 - I weigh 160 now and would like to get back to 150....but I can't give up my Cokes!!!

As for leg exercises, I totally agree with the Pilates idea. You can buy great videos for pilates, yoga, ballet etc. that would work. Also, swimming will help that too. Just remember to kick your legs when you stroke!! I have trouble remembering to kick sometimes, I just let my arms do all the work. ;)

Good luck and stay positive! It's hard but it's worth it! Feel free to PM me anytime you need some encouragement.
:) :)
liz

BCBlondie
07-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I hope your diet is going well!!

As for the leg exercises I asked about, my brother offered to let me borrow his 5lb ankle weights and showed me different stuff I could do. Yays! :D

Fox-Gal
07-02-2004, 09:32 PM
I hope your diet is working out for you, even though from your picture, I think you look great. I'd trade places with you any day.

I just thought I'd share this with you, in case you wanted to know. Better homes and garden did a study on these kinds of diets You know whats the best tasting etc etc. Anyway, they say for the can drinks the wal-mart brand is the best for taste. It's cheper too. :D Might as well save money as well as getting a better tasting drink.

Good luck to you.

Sirrahsim
07-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Anyway, they say for the can drinks the wal-mart brand is the best for taste. It's cheper too. :D Might as well save money as well as getting a better tasting drink.

Mmm yes, I agree, the Walmart brand weight loss shake does have a better flavor. too bad we don't have a wally-world here in Japan:( They own a store called Seiyu, but they don't stock Walmart brands. The only indication that they are related to the US walmart is that they use the Smily face guy in some of their ads:D :D The diet is going ok. We decided to cheat on the weekends, which is probably a bad thing, but we went from eating a jillion calories a day to less than 2000, so we think we're doing good:D My pants are definately looser and my hubby's love handles are smaller... I have mixed feeling about that loss, but it's good for him:) I have a feeling that next week will be any more successful for me. This week's exercise program consisted of only one trip to the pool :o :o I WILL do better next week.:)

Fox-Gal
07-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Silly me I forgot to see where you lived. :o I guess it would be a long trip to a Wal-Mart for you. lol

A little cheating in normal, now and again and as long as your pants are looser, your doing good.

Sirrahsim
07-09-2004, 08:42 PM
WEIGH-IN time!!

As of this morning (saturday), my official weight is 142. That's down approximately 5 lbs in two weeks. Go me:)

How are your diets going?