PDA

View Full Version : The quivering-tail-thing...

Kirsten
06-18-2004, 01:28 PM
It's really funny, but Lily is doing that all the time now. She would turn her butt to a wall or an object, lifts her tail and quivers. She's doing it when she's getting excited - when I'm about to give her a treat - or when I want to take her away from a place where she's not supposed to be. Remember, she's female AND spayed !

So far, I did not notice something coming out of her when doing that, but sometimes you can see the muscles in her belly contracting while quivering, just as if she's pressing. Strange, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Kirsten

trayi52
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Kirsten, Pyewackett, my RB kitty used to do that. I would start thinking she was taking up what the males do, but no, she was just quivering her tail, and making little stomping motions! Dern I miss that cat!

The cats I have now are all bunny butts, so they don't have a tail to do that way! I think I need a cat with a tail. I honestly don't know how I have ended up with two cats with no tails! What, are the bunny butts just attracted to me or something? LOL, oh well, guess I have to live with it!

Willie:)

Edwina's Secretary
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I have read that is a gesture of love....so considered yourself loved!

Cataholic
06-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Georgia does this ALL the time! In 8 years, I haven't ever noticed anything coming out..just quivers upon quivers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Tubby does this too, especially when he's happy or excited. Of course, Peanut could be doing it also I just can't tell because of all the hair on her tail. :D

Sara, I had never heard that that is what the tail quivering means. I like it! :D

catlover4ever
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Kirsten, Smokey started out as a boy but due to urinary tract problems he has been turned into a girl and HE does the exact same thing....quivers his tail all the time....nothing comes out either. I think it is just the funniest thing to see the tail quiver....make you think that they are cold.

catnapper
06-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Neither of my boys do that... but they're boys - something might come out fi they tried :eek:

Pouncer says he thinks that's the cutest darn thing he's ever heard of!

catland
06-18-2004, 04:52 PM
I wish I had the same luck. Joxer used to do that for the first few years of his life and I thought it was really cute but in this last year he's actually gone to the next level and now he sometimes sprays.:eek: :eek: . I wish I had discouraged it now.:eek:

Biscuit's Mom
06-18-2004, 07:13 PM
My Little One (a neutered boy kitty) used to do that when he was expecting a delicious treat of canned (wet) food, but nothing ever came out.

My Biscuit (also a neutered boy kitty) does this as well (in my apartment) and nothing so far has come out. However, I know he knows how to "spray" as I have watched him doing that outside on my apartment patio where other cats come and go. I just hope he doesn't "learn" to do this in my apartment.

Biscuit's Mom

rosethecopycat
06-18-2004, 07:23 PM
It is an attempt to spray. Females can spray.

They do it when they are happy too.

Nothing may ever come out. I had foster Orangina who did it.

Nothing to worry about.:p

Pam
06-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Neither of my boys has ever done that. The only thing I have seen them do with their tails is swoosh them furiously back and forth when they are at the window watching the birdies. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
06-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Grace does this alot, and even tiny Angel too!!! It is very cute .... easy to say as long as nothing is coming out!!!:eek: :D

catcrazylady
06-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Pepper Jack does it too when he is excited about dinner. You would think he had been starved at some point in his life which I know he wasn't! He thinks eating the greatest thing! Tail quivering is cute as long as it stays dry!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Craftlady
06-18-2004, 09:14 PM
RB Butterscotch would guiver when he was happy and excited. Especially when he got tuna treat :) Whenever I now open a can I smile because he would of come out of the woodwork to get his treat.

sirrahved
06-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Pickles does that, and I always scold him, because yes, he does it when he sprays, too! I think you can understand why I get nervous and scold him...

jazzcat
06-19-2004, 12:43 AM
My parent's cat, Miss Kitty, does that all the time when you go to pet her. It kind of freaked me out at first because I thought she was trying to spray but after watching her for a bit I realized she was just excited or happy.

catmandu
06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
It is rae , but Females can spray . but they generally only do that , in a multi Cat home, to claim , a bit of territory , but as there are only 2 cats, that is puzzling!

kuhio98
06-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Princess Kuhio did that all during her 17 years. Always wondered about that -- but she seemed to do it mostly as part of her "happy dance" when she was getting fed or standing near a heater.

PayItForward
06-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Quote from http://www.hsus.org/ace/13953

'But how about a quivering tail? That is the greatest expression of adoration any cat can bestow upon a human'

Ahhh, how sweet :D

Kirsten
06-19-2004, 02:45 PM
'But how about a quivering tail? That is the greatest expression of adoration any cat can bestow upon a human'

Awww, I love that!!!! :) :) :)

Kirsten

lisalee
06-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Oh my, Sash does that all the time when I hug and kiss him. I once heard too that it shows great adoration. That's why I just have to watch that tail when I'm loving my boy. Makes me feel so loved.:)

Lisa & Sash

prechrswife
06-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Chloe does this all of the time, too.