PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Marmalade

kimlovescats
05-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Marmy was an extremely feral mother cat, who came to me with a litter of 8 kittens (one of which was Pee Wee). I believe that Marmy may have been abused by humans at some point in her life, as she always flenches before you pet her. She has come such a long way though. At first she wouldn't let me pet her, but now she loves it, but I have to still approach her slowly and gently. She still will NOT tolerate being picked up and will tense up every muscle in her body and fight like crazy. Unfortunately I always have to scruff her, but I hold her close at the same time (and cradle her in my other arm) while talking softly to her.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Awww....she looks like such a sweetie pie. How could anybody be so mean to such a sweetie. I'm glad you have the patience to show her that not all humans are as bad as she first though. And 8 babies!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

catmandu
05-15-2004, 09:09 AM
It must be the Lords work , to takethat poor Stray , and find her ,such a Wonderful , and Gracious Home!

Steffi N
05-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Kim, I am happy that sweet pretty Marmalade has learned to be trusting of and to love being petted by you. :)

Cataholic
05-15-2004, 02:32 PM
She looks as sweet as her name, Marmalade!

catcrazylady
05-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm so glad I finally got to see the movies!!! Marmy is such a BEAUTY!! She looks very happy and relaxed with you. She is a very lucky girl!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

kimlovescats
05-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Debbie, Marmy was rescued with two litters of kittens ... hers and another feral mom's babies. The other mom was too wild to be caught, but luckily Marmy took in all of them. SO, I am not totally positive that Pee Wee was her natural baby, but she definitel "mothered" him as a tiny infant!;)

Fallon
05-16-2004, 02:59 PM
She looks so sweet. I can tell she loves the petting. I cannot comprehend how she could've been abused! Why would anyone do that..