View Full Version : Don't be gay...we'll arrest you! :(

CathyBogart
03-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Tenn. County Wants to Charge Homosexuals

DAYTON, Tenn. (AP) - The county that was the site of the Scopes ``Monkey Trial'' over the teaching of evolution is asking lawmakers to amend state law so the county can charge homosexuals with crimes against nature.

The Rhea County commissioners approved the request 8-0 Tuesday.

Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the measure, also asked the county attorney to find a way to enact an ordinance banning homosexuals from living in the county.

``We need to keep them out of here,'' Fugate said.

The vote was denounced by Matt Nevels, president of the Chattanooga chapter of Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

``That is the most farfetched idea put forth by any kind of public official,'' Nevels said. ``I'm outraged.''

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Texas' sodomy laws as a violation of adults' privacy.

Rhea County is one of the most conservative counties in Tennessee. It holds an annual festival commemorating the 1925 trial at which John T. Scopes was convicted of teaching evolution. The verdict was thrown out on a technicality. The trial became the subject of the play and movie ``Inherit the Wind.''

In 2002, a federal judge ruled unconstitutional the teaching of a Bible class in the public schools.

Pathetic. Just.....pathetic.

If people have a problem, fine. I happen to think that running someone out of their home because of their harmless personal life is a bit....OVERBOARD!

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 12:02 AM
:mad: :(

Each and everyday... my thought of the human race proves itself to be correct... :(

Lilith Cherry
03-18-2004, 03:45 AM
That's horrific! What an awful thing to do to just because someone is a little different from you.... shame on them all..

micki76
03-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Rednecks, what are ya gonna do with 'em? :rolleyes:

2kitties
03-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Note to Self:
Do Not Go Anywhere near Rhea County. Crazy cultish people will eat you alive.

micki76
03-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Note to Self:

I’ll bet they have the largest population of snake charmers and fire talkers in the country. LMAO

guster girl
03-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Geez, that is just frightening. How scary it would be for any of those residents agreeing with this crap to actually take a few steps out of their small, poisoned bubble. Culture shock at its finest. Wow. It's no wonder I prefer dogs and cats and rats and snakes and hamsters and fish and.....

pitbullmommy
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
:( THAT IS HORRABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maresche
03-18-2004, 11:55 AM
THAT IS HORRABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention very unconstitutional. No way this would hold up in any court.

DJFyrewolf36
03-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Note to Self:
I agree....most places in the south are this way too...*no offense to people who live in the south who happen to be nicely tolerant of those different from them*
This proves my theory that rednecks are Gods way of personifying the notion of intolerance...
Rednecks have to have SOME usefull purpose...

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 01:17 PM
What upsets me most about this town's attitude, is how will this affect their children ?

If they success in baring gay people from 'their' town, do they think they are 'safe' ?

Do they think that an all straight community will raise only straight children :mad:

I feel for those poor gay children growing up in such a town. :( Are they going to run out all gay teens too, what about the 10 year olds !!!

(My brother knew he was gay from being 10 years old).

and those poor straight children will be raised under the shadow of their parents attitudes.

Idiots. :(

Tiah
03-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I agree....most places in the south are this way too...*no offense to people who live in the south who happen to be nicely tolerant of those different from them*
This proves my theory that rednecks are Gods way of personifying the notion of intolerance...

I am sorry but, I have to say something about this. I relise you said "no offense" but still- :( I live in Texas, and I have NOTHING at ALL against gays/Bisexuals infact some of my friends are gay. People here are the same as "up North."

Excuse me but- "rednecks" DO have "some" purpose. :mad: :rolleyes: :(

CathyBogart
03-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiah
I am sorry but, I have to say something about this. I relise you said "no offense" but still- :( I live in Texas, and I have NOTHING at ALL against gays/Bisexuals infact some of my friends are gay. People here are the same as "up North."

Excuse me but- "rednecks" DO have "some" purpose. :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Time and place. Don't hijack my thread, that's what PMs are for. :P

Edit: I know plenty of nice open Texans! I try not to generalize, but it happens sometimes. I mean, we Californians are all drama queens right?! :D

Tiah
03-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Whoops, sorry.....no hijacking intended ;)

2kitties
03-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Hijacking- Sorry WolfChan
I'm Southern, educated, non-redneck, non-racist and non homophobic- as are my friends, family and acquaintances.
Please refrain from stereotyping southerners from your home in Nevada....especially when you are choosing to quote me.

DJFyrewolf36
03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Don't have a cow....
This is what I'm talking about anyhow...I mean I know most people have just about nothing nice to say about Nevadans and I don't get upset about it....sheesh. Note I didn't say ALL rednecks are useless. :rolleyes:
Besides...I wasn't refering to Texas anyhow. Or anyone in particular. Although you must admit they have thier fair share of racists, just like anyplace else. And oh BTW, I think northerners are just as retarded...no one has come up with a creative name for them yet. Any ideas? I'd like a few. And YES Im hijacking the thread to defend myself. And oh in my opinion, ALL people in nevada are useless...there I said it...Im not sitting on my high horse...in fact Im pretty useless too.
Thanx a lot for proving a point

micki76
03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
There are rednecks everywhere, southern rednecks are just more proud of it! :p

ILoveReptiles
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM
I have long since given up any hope for humanity. Things like this don't surprise me much anymore.

It's appalling and pathetic, but what can be done about it?

*sigh*
:rolleyes:

My Peanuts
03-19-2004, 02:01 PM
If this wasn't so ridiculous I would be offended. I actually find this funny because these inbred idiots have no idea how stupid they look to most of the world. This is America, there is no way this is going to happen. The goverment will step in.

CountryWolf07
03-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Rednecks, what are ya gonna do with 'em? :rolleyes:

She's right about that..

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 12:20 AM
This is America, there is no way this is going to happen. The goverment will step in.

As optimistic as that sounds, I don't believe it. Not when our CIC is trying to be the first president to amend the Constitution to TAKE AWAY rights instead of give them. This country will never recognise the GLBT community as 'real' people unless those in charge take the first step. The way I figure it, I pay taxes, and get treated like a citizen in every other way.... why, then, am I not given the same rights as everyone else? Sad as it seems, it's because of little towns like that and narrow minded people like that, that it will be years before I am allowed to legally marry, file taxes with and generally be a true partner in the legal sense of the word, with the person I love. I'm not expecting to be treated any different from anyone else, I just want to be treated the same. I'd like to be able to have my partner have certain legal rights to children etc without a veritable novel of power of attorneys and legal paperwork.

Sorry for the rambling reply, but this is something that I feel so strongly about that once i get going I can't shut up. :D

RICHARD
03-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Mexico sets up gay football league

Mexico has set up a gay football league for homosexual players.

All match officials will also have to be gay, reports Mix Brazil.

The league is made up of five teams: The Clan, Fashion Team, The F***ers, G Strength and Your Mother.

They will compete for a cup and the chance to represent Mexico at the World Gay Football Championship.
------------------------

One country with the 'pelotas' to host an event like this!;)

IttyBittyKitty
04-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
If this wasn't so ridiculous I would be offended. I actually find this funny because these inbred idiots have no idea how stupid they look to most of the world. This is America, there is no way this is going to happen. The goverment will step in.

Exactly ... though, I can't imagine that there would be too many gay men and women living in a community like that - they probably would have moved to a more intelligent and culturally aware community a long time ago.

As should any intelligent, straight people - though they are probably in short supply in Rhea too.

sirrahved
04-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Even though I think committing homosexual acts is a sin, I don't think it should be against the law. I sin every day, and I'm glad that (most) of my sins aren't against the law!