PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite grade?

GoldenRetrLuver
01-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I saw something like this going on in another thread...so I decided to start it here. :p

What was your favorite grade, 1-12? Or, if you haven't finished school yet, what was your favorite so far?

I really liked 7th grade. That was when you weren't at the "bottom" but you weren't at the "top" either; and you didn't exactly have to worry about grades for graduation, and still had a year left with friends that you wouldn't see again. It was also just a fun year, lots of good times. ;):p

G.P.girl
01-25-2004, 01:05 PM
so far it's 8th grade. we're the oldest in the school and we're not so old that we have a highschool workload but we're not like little kindergarden kids either...i'm in 8th grade now:)

RubyMutt
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM
I really liked 2nd grade. I had two awesome friends, Susan and Margaret (Margaret is veegan on PT :D), and I remember having so much fun with them.

I also really loved my junior year of high school. I attended a vo-tech school studying Business & Management and I LOVED it. It was a small class and I became really close with all my classmates. It was such a fun time and I really learned a lot.

And of course kindergarten... man, those were good times.

primabella
01-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Last year was the best for me. It was grade 10. It was the best, I was close with all my friends and classes weren't as difficult as people would say. This year is tough because of graduation and prom and college and the years before I always had problems and issues with my "friends" so I'd have to vote for grade 10. :)

primabella
01-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I really liked 2nd grade. I had two awesome friends, Susan and Margaret (Margaret is veegan on PT :D), and I remember having so much fun with them.

Wow and you guys are still friends? Awesome! :D

G.P.girl
01-25-2004, 01:14 PM
oh yeah i forgot kindergarten! man those were good times! cookies and milk for snacks...nap time in the middle of the day...playing at the rice table....I think thereshould be nap time in every school...and snack time too!:D :cool: :rolleyes:

Tweety_Pie
01-25-2004, 01:19 PM
I REALLY like grade 5! :D

I LOVE KINDERGARTEN! :D

Truffles
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
hey,

reading the replies really makes me feel old.

lets see its hard to say cause school was very hard for me.having deslexia plus epilepsy really made things tough for me,anyway my favorite grade i'd have to say was i guess 3rd grade i got 100 on spelling and it was easy but i also liked kindergarden .......nap time was the best part.

marylyn

slleipnir
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Lets see. I -hated- jr high. esp grade 7. It was the worst year ever -_- Anywho, I think grade 12 was my fav..probably second sem. because I only had one course and I liked it/did well.....(chemistry)

bluekat
01-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Grade 6 was so fun for me:D
But so far, grade 8 is going pretty well too.
I'm so scared of high school though:(

Amber
01-25-2004, 01:44 PM
im in 7th now, and Im loving it. But I would have to say 6th grade, because all my friends were in my class, and we were always together.

Foam
01-25-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm in seventh grade now and I love it! Like you said, Julie we're not at the top, nor the bottom. There's a lot of first experiences and many good friends. :D

So yeah, other than that I liked fourth grade alot. It was so easy now that I look back. :p
I HATED SIXTH GRADE. Worst year of my life. Ugh, everyon maked you feel so unwelcome in your new school..blech. I try not to be so harsh on the sixth graders as the seventh graders were last year to me. That's pretty much the only thing I wish would hcange about seventh grade. Everyone thinks that they're the best, and people (especially girls) have the biggest attitudes. Puh!
Cool thread. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Foam
I HATED SIXTH GRADE. Worst year of my life. Ugh, everyone maked you feel so unwelcome in your new school..blech. I try not to be so harsh on the sixth graders as the seventh graders were last year to me.

Yeah, when I was in 8th grade, I didn't pick on the "little" kids. So they're 1 or 2 grades below you...big deal! :rolleyes: I have a sister who's in 6th grade now, and I told her if anyone picks on you, to tell her your sister who's in highschool will teach 'em a lesson. ;):p

I hate this year though. :( Brand new school...and lots of my close friends are gone. Of course I've made new ones, but it's not the same, you know? I'm hoping it'll get better.

binka_nugget
01-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Grade 1 for me. I remember getting excited because I was learning how to use spaces with my fingers:p.

Uabassoon
01-25-2004, 03:17 PM
I think my Senior year was the best year for me. I had a lot of fun and a lot of great friends.

CamCamPup33
01-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Id say anywhere from 3-5.. I had alot of cute boys in my class that liked, me.. i loved it! :p haha, But i had the best teachers through those years.. It was great!

hehe

~Amber

Tonya
01-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Junior year (11th grade). Old enough to drive, have money and a bit of freedom. Yet young enough to not have to worry about responsibilites and my future.

Moose
01-25-2004, 03:58 PM
I'd have to go with 8th grade...I loved it.

I normally would have said senior year [12th grade] but when you hit that age and second semester comes around, you're ready to get out of the house and move on to collge. That last semester was just brutal for me.

...and I know you didn't ask which is the least favorite, but I'd choose 6th grade for that one. :p

RockyRoad
01-25-2004, 04:03 PM
7th grade was my favorite year. :D I had the greatest teachers, and I met a bunch of new people. :)

I hate 8th grade.. here we have so many state exams to take. :( I've never had more fights and problems in any other grade. :rolleyes: My teachers are horrible this year as well.

kittie luna
01-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
Grade 6 was so fun for me:D
But so far, grade 8 is going pretty well too.
I'm so scared of high school though:(

Don't worry about high school. With in a week of attending it you will feel like you've been there for years.
Anyways, I'm in grade 9 and its been my favorite out of all the other classes so far. But we have exams and there no fun:( .

Cincy'sMom
01-25-2004, 04:22 PM
I think my senior year was thebest. We really had a great time, and for the first time my class seemed like we were allgood friends...did all the silly things like swear we would keep in touch and visit each other. Course it hasn't exactly happned. There is only one friend from my class (and another 1 yera behind) that I still talk to on a regular basis. Oh well, it was a blast at the time!!

catnapper
01-25-2004, 04:26 PM
I'd have to say 7th grade. I had a teacher who was way too cool for words - she introduced us to art history (which became my minor in college) and talked to us about her crush on the lead singer of Journey (yep, this was the early eighties.)

She got married that year and I actually did a reading in church during the cermony! At a time when I felt awkward and uncertain, she made me feel wonderful and special.

Wherever you are Miss A.... I'm still thinking about you!

Funny how now that I'm grown, I find myself married to a 7th grade teacher!

Moose
01-25-2004, 05:33 PM
catnapper, that is so sweet! :)

Kfamr
01-25-2004, 06:59 PM
8th grade was my favorite, and still is my favorite. We had so, so, so much fun and went on so many field trips that year.

I was so happy to get out the last day of school, while everyone else was crying that they didn't want to go, but now I regret it.

I want to go back so bad! Highschool is horrible, highschool kids are horrible, and highschool teachers are horrible.

So all over you in your last year of Junior High, DON'T take it for granted.

RubyMutt
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I want to go back so bad! Highschool is horrible, highschool kids are horrible, and highschool teachers are horrible.

Oh my gosh, I was the exact opposite. I HATED HATED HATED middle school/junior high. Almsot everything about it. I wasn't a big fan of high school either, but I liked it SO MUCH MORE than middle school.

Moose
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
highschool kids are horrible

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say they are horrible, but some of them rank right up there. :p I remember how much fun middle school was and how everyone just got along...and then high school came around and the people I used to hang out with started getting involved with alcohol, drugs, etc. And those people that didn't do that kind of stuff just all seemed so fake and caught up with their appearance and what other people thought about them. It was so irritating...:(

I hated the pointless high school drama.

Kfamr
01-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say they are horrible, but some of them rank right up there. :p I remember how much fun middle school was and how everyone just got along...and then high school came around and the people I used to hang out with started getting involved with alcohol, drugs, etc. And those people that didn't do that kind of stuff just all seemed so fake and caught up with their appearance and what other people thought about them. It was so irritating...:(

I hated the pointless high school drama.

Oh my gosh yes.

In middle school you heard about SCHOOL.

In highschool you hear about this and that girl getting "blown out " at this "smoking party" and how Bob go trashed at this party. :rolleyes: Ughhh.. It's HORRIBLE.

Then we get these freshmen talking aobut SEX. How they have sex every night. I don't CARE if it's a lie or it's factual, it's still disgusting either way. I cannot even begin to say how I hate most kids my age. Ugh. :rolleyes:

Moose
01-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I couldn't agree more, Kay. High schoolers are just the coolest, aren't they? :rolleyes::p

Don't worry, they get to be a little less...well, obnoxious...when you get to college. :p:)

leslie flenner
01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I hated grade school and jr high. In grade school, I was teased constantly after 3rd grade. Actually, I was shuffled from school to school throughout grade school and jr high. and in jr. high, the (b) girls wanted to beat me up all the time. They never did but they stole my best friends money every day with the threat of beating her up. In 8th grade, me and Rena (my best friend) started a petition that we did not want to be forced into home ec and wanted both boys and girls to have the option of home ec or shop. Well it worked, i got placed in shop class and all I really remember is being forced to make a tie rack for father's day even though I kept telling him "I don't have a father..don't want to make a tie rack!" He could care less and yelled at me to make a tie rack )can you imagine? what friggen control thing is that about? At about the same time, in the local paper, was a story about a man, Fred Schrumff who had helped open some alternative schools in CO. and he wanted to do the same in CU. (he was 25 at the time, how do young people get such drive and vision?! it's so special..). So 1972 began the pilot program for Urbana Jr high's alternative school. Back then, it was not for troubled kids. Some were, yes, but most of us were just wanting out of traditional teaching! I know I'm not a dummy, but in the traditional school, I was bored and intimidated by the bullies and just didn't want to be there. I remember, in the 8th grade, I wore a green t-shirt that had the women's symbol with the fist in it. Well, I got hell all day long, I was called names, the fact that I didnt have a bra on was pointed out in the teases (age 14- I had no reason to wear a bra anyway but at that age, boys are focused on...). I got a letter from mom to join the alternative school and life was much better when i left the public school. For the next 3 years! After I left, I heard that things changed. Alternative schools were for kids in trouble... The concept changed. I will always treasure my time at Education II (what we named our school). and esp the reuniun we recently had. PS i got p. e. credit for riding my bike to school and back! YES!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-25-2004, 08:13 PM

UGH, same here!! High School is horrible! I would go back to Middle School in a heartbeat. Those were probably my best years. Ahh...middle school. :p;)

Twisterdog
01-25-2004, 11:15 PM
I like sixth grade best out of grade school.

I hated seventh grade!

8th through 12th ... I liked them all. Although 11th was probably the best.

Once I got over being shy, which I was for most of grade school (believe it or not), I loved school.

Miranda_Rae
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I loved 5th grade. The classes were fun, and most importantly everyone that I knew was getting along and we were the "best of friends" well for that grade we were. :rolleyes:

Samantha Puppy
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I loved 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th and 12th grades and hated 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 11th grades. 5th and 9th grade were just okay.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I liked 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th.

cookieluver7
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
UHHHHH... Preschool! lol! Preschool was so simple and you got no h/w. Well when you did, it was fun. Everything in preschool was easy and fun. I haven't graduated yet, but what I didn't know at the time was that school got more boring and harder. So preschool all the way!

swimma253
11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
my favorite year was 5th, and 6th grade.

5th grade was my best year with friends, and a great teacher! Everyone in my class were friends, and we had our fun little "morning meetings" and discussed any problems we had with eachother. It was like we were all a little family! Everyone said we had the "best class" Plus we were the top of the school! :p :D We got to do brain gym, and sit on bouncy balls instead of chairs! :D Nicole are still my best friends, and have been since kindergarden! :D

And 6th grade, was awesome just because I LOVED my teacher! He was so nice! :D I cannot even explain how awesome he was! :D We went to Cape Cod at the end of the year, for three days! It was a great trip, and we went on a whale watch! :D

sammy101
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
7th was my fav! I hated 8 grade.im in 9th grade now and its ok.nothing to special yet:p

manda_moo87
11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Grade 1 and 4 were my favorites.

I'm in Grade 12 right now and HATE it... :o

MariaM
11-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Omg....I could go on FOREVER about grades 5 and 7. 5 was the WORST year in my ENTIRE LIFE! Yet 7...the BEST year, TOTALLY AWESOME, honestly, grade 7 and 5...I shall never forget those.

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
6th grade so far...it was fun and easy. (don't ask me why!)

guster girl
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I loved elementary school. I was alright with junior high, not so much with high school. But, actually, my senior year was my favorite! :)

CathyBogart
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
My Junior year....the year I graduated!!

Jamieejo85
11-03-2004, 03:58 PM
I loved high school but my senior year was my favorite grade ever! It was fun because I knew I would be out of there soon and on to college. At times, I didn't want to leave my friends, we all became a lot closer senior year because some were off to college out of state. Oh and senior parties were the best!!!!!!:D :D
Jamie

prechrswife
11-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I think 3rd and 12th were my favorites. I really did not enjoy junior high!