PDA

View Full Version : I went to the Pet Store...:(

GoldenRetrLuver
11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok, I hate going into pet stores that sell dogs..but I go in every once in a while to see how they're doing. Whenever I leave, my heat aches for the poor things..but this time, it really got me.
I walked in and there, right in front, was a Golden Retriever puppy. He looked EXACTLY like Daisy when she was that age. I swear, the resemblance was amazing. It kept looking at me, so I asked my dad if I could hold him. I had him in my arms and started humming softly. The puppy licked my face and cuddled in my arms. I almost started crying..right then and there. I held him for about 15 minutes until my dad said it was time to go. I put the puppy back in the cage. When I got home I ran over to Daisy and just cryed my eyes out. I would have taken that puppy in a heartbeat...but I refuse to support them.

I will never understand why people do such horrible things...Never. I only hope that puppy finds a loving, caring home free from suffering.

Amber
11-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Aww, I always feel the same way. When I see a little terrier puppy I think of katie and how she always had looked. when I see then sitting in their cages with their little head cocked up and that puppy exprestion. I always ask WHY? why do these dogs need this? they dont meed to be in a petstore in a cage. waiting for someone to buy them. I alwasy want to cry because I cant do nothing about it. If I could their future would be so much brighter.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:03 PM
AWW :(:(. I know a person who stole a pet shop puppy and never got cought. I would never buy a pet store puppy, but I would sure a hell steal one..

Moose
11-01-2003, 11:08 PM
I would never buy a pet store puppy, but I would sure a hell steal one..

I'm sure you would......:rolleyes: Poor puppy......I'd rather be in a pet store than....-->shuts self up<-- Naw....I won't even finish. You already know where I'm going with it.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I'm sure you would......:rolleyes: Poor puppy......I'd rather be in a pet store than....-->shuts self up<-- Naw....I won't even finish. You already know where I'm going with it.

I am sure everyone know s where you want to go with it.. :rolleyes: because you are a troll and you love to start fights on message boards, :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
I am sure everyone know s where you want to go with it.. :rolleyes: because you are a troll and you love to start fights on message boards, :rolleyes:

*Ahem* SHE'S not the troll. :rolleyes:
But whatever floats your boat...

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:55 PM
yeah she is.. look at her posts.
O well I'm not going to feed the troll.

I would steal a puppy if it was in a bad situation.

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 11:56 PM
Um, Sorry to say but she's not a troll.
She just speaks the truth, very bluntly -- but the truth nonetheless.

If anything -- I'd consider you a troll.

Aspen and Misty
11-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Um, Sorry to say but she's not a troll.
She just speaks the truth, very bluntly -- but the truth nonetheless.

If anything -- I'd consider you a troll.

AMEN!

zanzanfergie
11-02-2003, 12:13 AM
I know how you feel Julie. Once I saw a Siberian Husky in a pet shop, and couldn't stop thinking of Nebo. Just keep sending good thought vibes to the sweet puppy, and warm love to whoever ends up with him that they raise him as best they can despite his unsavoury start to life.

magcpen
11-02-2003, 12:34 AM
Okay, I do not like upsetting everyone, but please, everyone drop the issue with tikeyas_mom, even just for now, this isn't what this thread is about.

Now, GoldenRetrLuvr, was it a particularly bad situation that the puppy was in? :confused:

No matter what the puppy sounds very sweet and while reading your post I was kinda hoping you ended up taking him/her home with you. ;) Be sure to give Daisy extra snuggles tonight and look at her bay pictures. If notihng else, it will put a smile on your face. :)

cloverfdx
11-02-2003, 12:45 AM
That poor sweet puppy :( but if that puppy finds a loving home , another innocent puppy will fill the cage at the pet store and the cycle will go on and on .

:(

Amber
11-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Why are you people So mean to Jynelle? what did she EVER do to you? Ever thought about that? and if she did do do something, you know every human makes a mistake. As for moose, you do start alot of fights. You usually make some rude comments at TM.
If you dont like her for any reason, then do say nothig at all because it creates fights and broken friendships.
---------------------------------------------
Sorry Julie! I know this thread was about the petstore puppy, but I just had to get my word out.

magcpen
11-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Amber
Why are you people So mean to Jynelle? what did she EVER do to you? Ever thought about that? and if she did do do something, you know every human makes a mistake. As for moose, you do start alot of fights. You usually make some rude comments at TM.
If you dont like her for any reason, then do say nothig at all because it creates fights and broken friendships.
Sorry Julie! I know this thread was about the petstore puppy, but I just had to get my word out.

I just have to say.... :) A very wise comment, I think. *Sighs*

G.P.girl
11-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Amber

my thoughts too... I've been reading older threads and they go fine until Moose starts insulting people, then they all just end up in fighting

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by magcpen
Now, GoldenRetrLuvr, was it a particularly bad situation that the puppy was in? :confused:

It is a bad situation, considering the puppy most likely came from a puppy mill. :( I really hope he finds a good home..I would have taken him home if I could..but I refuse to support those horrible places. :(

It's alright guys...I had a bit of a feeling something would start up. Sorry to have posted it.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
That poor sweet puppy :( but if that puppy finds a loving home , another innocent puppy will fill the cage at the pet store and the cycle will go on and on .

:(

That's what I've always believed. But...I can't help but hope he finds a good home. He sure deserves one..:(

magcpen
11-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

It's alright guys...I had a bit of a feeling something would start up. Sorry to have posted it.

Don't be silly! This argument is completely unrelated to this post. And I myself apologize for my ignorance in the pet store area, I guess I'm just never much exposed to the wrongs of one.

cloverfdx
11-02-2003, 01:16 AM
Julie no need to apologise for starting the thread, the comments made were off topic and not related to the puppy at the pet store.

and it is true that puppy deserves a great loving home :( i cannot believe the human race somtimes (ALOT in the last few years)

tikeyas_mom
11-02-2003, 02:34 AM
the puppy definatly deserves a good loving home :) BUT if you dont want to buy it, due to supporting the puppy mill, then steal it lol..

I think that way the dog is out of there, and the puppy mill doesnt get any money for the puppy, or the pet store owner has to pay for the dog out of its own pocket.

IMO. :).. poor puppy, i hope he finds a home :(:(. :tear:

wolf_Q
11-02-2003, 02:53 AM
the puppy definatly deserves a good loving home BUT if you dont want to buy it, due to supporting the puppy mill, then steal it lol..

think that way the dog is out of there, and the puppy mill doesnt get any money for the puppy, or the pet store owner has to pay for the dog out of its own pocket.

Oh yeah, steal and it will really be cared for well while you're in jail. :rolleyes: Just because some friend of yours got away with it doesn't mean everyone should go to pet stores and steal puppies. Do you have any idea of the consequences? You can be fined big time for stealing a stupid pair of socks, I can imagine what you'd get for trying to steal something worth $500+. And yes, I'm calling it "something" because that's all a puppy is to a pet store, is a product. It's sad, but that's the unfortunate truth.

Even if the dog is stolen, the pet store is just going to replace it with another puppy. The majority of puppy mills really don't get that much money PER dog. The sell them to brokers, who, in turn, get more money for the dog, and the pet store gets even more money. But the reality is, you stealing one dog is really not going to directly bother a puppy miller at all. Many of their puppies die just being transported to the broker, so it wouldn't seem they'd care that much about individual puppies.

The best way to hurt the puppy mill business would be to not visit or buy from pet stores that sell puppies at all...and educate others about buying from pet stores.

Kfamr
11-02-2003, 05:00 AM
And she wonders why we get angry with her?!!??!:mad: :mad:

Oh gosh...........

(I'm sorry Julie! :o)

Tonya
11-02-2003, 08:21 AM
None of the pet stores around here sell dogs, thank God! They have rescue adoptions, but that is it.

Amber
11-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Come on people! Cant we all get along? :(

tikeyas_mom
11-02-2003, 10:45 AM
if I ever seen a dog in a bad enviroment I would call the shelter, the dog controll or whatever, but if they didnt do anything about it, I would take matters into my own hanmds, I would form a strike and if that didnt work I would steal it lol. .. I wouldent care if I went to jail. As long as the puppy was out of that enviroment..

Kfamr
11-02-2003, 10:48 AM
You stealing the puppy and then going to jail would do no good for the puppy.

tikeyas_mom
11-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
You stealing the puppy and then going to jail would do no good for the puppy.

keeping the puppy in a cage to suffer is worse. ...

Moose
11-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Jules, I apologize. I didn't mean to screw your post up or anything . :o :p

[i]Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
keeping the puppy in a cage to suffer is worse. ...

Where do you think it's going to go if you get sent to jail? :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-02-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm sure it's not SUFFERING. It probably knows no life other than that. I'm not saying it's happy and free like a little puppy should be -- the situation is VERY sad..

But better than some stranger child stealing you, then probably going right back to where you were after the stranger went to jail.

Stealing isn't a smart thing to do.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Moose
Jules, I apologize. I didn't mean to screw your post up or anything [it's actually a very good thread]. :o :p

It's alright.
Jynelle, it's one thing to say you want to steal it, then to really WANT to steal it. Sure, when I saw him in the pet store, trapped in that nasty, tiny cage I would have loved to take him home; I even thought about it. But it's just common sence. Stealing is wrong. And it'll come back to get you every time.