PDA

View Full Version : Pixel's Emergency Trip to the Vet!

IttyBittyKitty
07-17-2003, 04:53 PM
My poor little darling!

She's had a tummy bug for the last week or so, she's had runny poopies and has been farting like a truckie. Yesterday, I felt ill so went home early from work. I went to feed Pixie, and noticed that there was poop all over the laundry! She'd obviously been in distress. I let her back into the laundry, and she started running around in further distress, meowing and making more mess! :eek:

I put her in her litter tray, and she did her thang, but it was horribly runny. She stopped for about three minutes, just sitting there. Then, she meowed loudly and BLOOD came out!

That was when I decided that an Emergency vet visit was in order!

I took her to the White Coats where they gave her antibiotics by injection and they gave us liquid goo that she has to have twice a day. I gave her a dose this morning and she was NOT pleased as she cannot spit it out like she could a tablet.

I hope my kitty gets better soon!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh My Gosh! Poor Pixel! :( She'll be in my prayers!

PayItForward
07-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Poor baby Pixel.

We are sending hugs and happy thoughts, your way darling.

Get well soon.

RedHedd
07-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Oh, poor Pixel! Kitty prayers going your way that you're better soon. Gentle scratches for now.

slick
07-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh poor Pixel!!! I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Please be good and let your Meowmie give you the meds. Soon it will be over and you'll be your old self again. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. Please give Pixel kissies from me.

Barbara
07-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Poor Pixel -it sounds like a bad bug but they seem to have the substances to kill the bug. You'll be fine soon -be a good kid and take your meds:)

Steffi N
07-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Gentle pets for you Pixel. I hope you are better soon.

lailamara
07-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Poor little Pixel. What did they say she had ? Hope she feels better soon.

jenluckenbach
07-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Poor little Pixel, I am sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope the antibiotics work their magic fast and you can feel better.

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Poor Pixel, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for a quick recovery. Please take care.

Lorraine
07-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Oh Pixel! I feel bad that you are sick, you sweet little kitty!
Get better soon , I will be sending prayers for you!:)

AmberLee
07-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Oh! Poor baby.

IttyBittyKitty
07-18-2003, 03:46 AM
The White Coat lady says that she has a bacterial stomach bug. It's not serious, but I know that she feels yucky - she hides it, but I know that she's not well.

She is a bit better today - no piles of poop in the laundry today, except in the litter tray. She still has the runs, but it seems to be getting a little better.

She's in good spirits - she tried to nick the food off my bowl whilst I was staring right at her! Still up to her old tricks!

She's been getting plenty of kisses and cuddles, but because she's not acting like herself, she's been a bit distant :(

HayleyRosie
07-18-2003, 05:44 AM
So sorry to hear Pixel is not feeling well. Get well prayers are on the way.

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-18-2003, 06:17 AM
Sorry to hear little Pixel isn't well.

Sending big "Get Well" kisses

Vio&Juni
07-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Poor Pixel, I hope she gets well soon.

Lerah021399
07-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh, poor Pixel :( Feel better soon, sweetie! Jack and Ali send you lots of headbumpies and noserubs.

Kirsten
07-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Poor poor Pixel, what an awful stomach bug you have!!! :( I'm glad to hear you're doing a bit better already!

A speedy recovery to you, get well soon!

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
07-18-2003, 08:51 AM
... but she's well enough to chew the Cat 5 cable snaking out of my laptop! Wifi, here we come!

She's trying to pretend that she feels great, but I know she's not! My brave little mite.

She's in a very cuddly mood at the moment, she must be tired, the poor mite! She says thankyou for all the scritchies and cuddles, especially from the boy cats!

Sheesh! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've got a boy-mad teenager on my hands!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-18-2003, 08:59 AM
poor little PIxel.... somehow i missed this yesterday.

Hope you are feeling better soon little Pixel kat!! prayers on the way...:(

Van10
07-18-2003, 09:06 AM
Oh you poor baby! :(
I hope you will be feeling better soon. Tux sends you headbumpies. :)

Van10 - Meowmy to a Tuxedo kitty

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Get well soon, poor Pixel. I'm glad that you're starting to feel a little better.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Oh no, I sure hope you feel better real soon little Pixel.

And I'm not surprised you're chewing on the Cat 5 cable, after all, your name is Pixel, and it is a cat 5 cable, I'm mean really, just what does your mommy expect? ;) :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh how scary! I am glad that she's doing better, but how scary that must have been to see her like that. Minion and I are hoping that she makes a full recovery...and very soon.

BastetsMum
07-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Get better Pixel!

Don't scare mummy like that!

give her a big hug from me and heabumpies from Bastet please.

kimlovescats
07-18-2003, 05:18 PM
So sorry to hear sweet Pixel has had the upset tummy bug ... but glad to hear she is improving. Trying to steal food off mommy's plate is a good sign!!! ;)

Cataholic
07-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Poor little nawteekat Pixel. I hope you are nearly better by now. Scritchies to you from the herd and Binx.

ChrisH
07-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Poor Pixel :( I hope you are feeling loads better today sweetie.

sasha the cat
07-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Mew, mew sweetie -- squirtie poops with blood is very frightening. IttyBittyKitty must have been frantic. KatMa would be bonkers if I had such poops.

We hope the meds work (goo meds -- KatMa likes that 'cause that eliminates looking for the pill projectile).

IttyBittyKitty, please post to tell us Pixel is al better.

IttyBittyKitty
07-20-2003, 01:59 AM
She ate my earphones! She had exhibited much interest in them, always trying to have a chew. I hid them under the pillow, but that was not effective enough. Daddy left the study door open, and she went in there and had a good ol' chew. The earphones are now in about a twenty pieces! :rolleyes:

After spending most of last night running amok, she cuddled with me in bed during the morning. She came right up and cuddled against my chest, until she realised that my hair looked quite interesting and that she'd chew that as well.

She must be getting better! Poopies are still a bit runny, but slowly improving. I'm still finding little dollops everywhere though! I don't want to know how it got on to the wall, however!

:)

jenluckenbach
07-20-2003, 05:17 AM
Blad Pixel is getting better, and the left over diarrhea could be from antibiotics.

catmandu
07-20-2003, 10:11 AM
all of us at the Lost Cats Hotel send our Best wishes , Purrs and Blessings to Little Pixel! Please Get Well Soon Dude Cat! Meeeows from us All!

IttyBittyKitty
07-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Blad Pixel is getting better, and the left over diarrhea could be from antibiotics.

It hasn't been quite as bad as it was, and her belly was really swollen when she had the bug and now she's as skinny as your next Meezer! And with three times as much energy! She has been tearing around the house like she did when she came back from her week-long White Coat visit.

She'll be staying on the meds until they run out, to ensure that we capture this nasty. She doesn't seem too fussed about her food tasting like banana lollies.

Steffi N
07-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Glad to hear that Pixel is running around again. She's a good girl to take her meds so well.