PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tags

RubyMutt
06-13-2003, 08:28 PM
I haven't even had Ruby for one year yet & I'm already on my second set of ID tags. The writing just keeps rubbing off! I got the first set at PetCo and the ones I have now I ordered through Foster & Smith. They're 14k gold-plated and are supposedly the longest lasting tags Drs. Foster & Smith have to offer. But the writing is already fading! I don't remember going through ID tags this quick with my old dog, but I don't remember where we got them (I was younger and my parents were the ones buying the tags). ANWAY, does anyone know of any long-lasting dog tags that are really long-lasting? I know they're not that expensive, but I just don't want to keep going through a bunch of tags.

kingrattus
06-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Go to a place were they engrave keychains (found in malls). & get him a cool looking keychain. tell them to make it a deep as they can & it'll last along time.. when max was wearing a collar several yrs ago, I got him one & it lasted for 2 yrs.. I still have it & u can still read it too

Tonya
06-13-2003, 09:39 PM
I think that hard plastic like material lasts longer then the metal.

Cinder & Smoke
06-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
... does anyone know of any long-lasting dog tags
that are really long-lasting?

Check in both your Vet's Office and a larger Pet Shop -
they usually have DISPLAYS of Pet Tags with
actual samples attached.

The MOST Durable & Long-Lasting are the Stainless Steel ones with
"Stamped" Lettering - *not* the ergraved lettering.

kingrattus
06-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Oh ya, I got max a canadian army tag (it has a soft plastic/rubber going around the tag so it doesn't make noise, like other countries dog tags), I totaly forgot about that one, it was punched deep into the metal & it went through a heavy beating of aout 3 yrs until the plastic/rubber fell off

Cheshirekatt
06-13-2003, 10:02 PM
I always get mine through Lucky Pet and they're great. The plastic ones are ok for the cats, but I always get the metal ones for the dogs. I haven't had to order any replacements yet. :) And they're loca.....in Redmond, I think.

tikeyas_mom
06-13-2003, 10:10 PM
I mad two for Tikeya, one for Oscar and ya they are great. get an ingraved one they last!!!

Crikit
06-13-2003, 11:18 PM
I have those tags that you get from the machines at the pet stores for my dogs but for both Smudge and Winter I have this pouch that goes on their collars and holds all their tags so you don't hear them jingle and they don't rub against each other.

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :D Come to think of it, Muffy, my RB dog, did have plastic tags... that didn't occur to me before. I guess that's why we didn't have to replace her's as often :rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt - I have never heard of Lucky Pet. How can I find them? Do they have a website?

LoudLou
06-14-2003, 02:06 AM
http://www.luckypet.com/

Cheshirekatt
06-14-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :D Come to think of it, Muffy, my RB dog, did have plastic tags... that didn't occur to me before. I guess that's why we didn't have to replace her's as often :rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt - I have never heard of Lucky Pet. How can I find them? Do they have a website?

Here's the only number for them that I have: 1-800-456-7685 or they may have something online.

LoudLou
06-14-2003, 02:54 AM
They also have a 24hr customer service number. Check out their website you can "Preview" your tag. http://www.luckypet.com/images/nav_11.gif

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Thanks! :D

lovemyshiba
06-14-2003, 11:36 AM
I just got the dogs new tags a few weeks ago, I got the plastic ones. When I made a metal one for Kito when we first got him, he walked around like he had a bowling ball hanging from his neck:rolleyes:
Luckypets is cool--I may have to order some new ones--I love the star shaped ones!!!!!
Thanks for the link!!!:)