PDA

View Full Version : Treacle Introduction Photos

PayItForward
05-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Far from being stressed and nervous, Treacle wants out of the spare room already !!!
Well we are here to serve.

As Milly & Milo were already playing outside and George was asleep on the sofa. We locked the cat flap to prevent unexpected arrival of Milly or Milo.

Meeting George & Fat Cat Pillow

Then we opened the spare room door; Treacle followed me straight down stairs and trotted into the living room. Treacle spotted the fat toy cat pillow and bolted upstairs to the safety of the spare room.. LOL.

Treacle arrived downstairs again 5 minutes later (I had removed the cat pillow), he wandered around and then spotted George asleep on the sofa….

http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/avi/TreacleMeetsGeorge1.zip
(Please Note. This movie has to be downloaded and is 17MB in size :eek: … PaysForIt is going to show me how to compress it tomorrow)

Meeting Milly & Milo

Milly & Milo have heard Treacle in the downstairs hall.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/TreacleIntro1.jpg

Watching Treacle intently.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/TreacleIntro2.jpg

He doesn’t look bothered.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/TreacleIntro3.jpg

Feeding time
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/TreacleIntro4.jpg

Things have gone well. There has been a little bit of mutual hissing between Milly, Milo & Treacle.

Milly hissed & then smacked him……Treacle smacked her back. Milly is in shock, that this stranger cat didn’t bow to her, like the other two. LOL

carole
05-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Aww cute pics, i am so glad Treacle seems to be fitting in well, the others will get used to him soon. Give him a pat from me ok

boscibo
05-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Cute movie! It's funny how they can get all long and low when they're not too sure of something.

ChrisH
05-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Nice pics, it`s good to see that Treacle is settling in so well.:)

Chris

(I`m downloading the video now and it is taking some time, so I will watch it later:D)
:)

Steffi N
05-27-2003, 05:19 PM
I enjoyed the video, and the pictures. I'm sure you will have a happy quartet. A little hissing is to be expected. Looks like Treacle can stick up for himself.

Cataholic
05-27-2003, 05:27 PM
They wouldn't be cats if there wasn't some hissing! How great that things seem to be going along so well.

Vermontcat
05-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Great pics! All of your cats are beautiful! :)
Did you say you got Treacle at the same shelter as Milo? Did they meet each other while they were there together or were they always in separate cages?
(Don't forget you need to change the number from 3 to 4 above your avatar photo);)

IttyBittyKitty
05-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Good to see Treacle settling in ... they will all calm down soon! :)

NoahsMommy
05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
What a doll! He looks so much like my Oliver, Jenny!!! I'll have to get some pictures and compare them.... :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-27-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm so glad that the introductions seem to be going smoothly. :D I think it took Sunny about a month to finally accept Cirrus and now they're best friends and playmates. :)

PayItForward
05-28-2003, 04:03 AM
you need to change the number from 3 to 4 above your avatar photo

Opps :)

Yes Milo & Treacle were in the same shelter but Treacle was in an upstairs small cage (as he was stressed out and not eating well when he was dropped of)

Milo on the other hand was playing happily with 6 other black & white cats in one of the large multi cat rooms downstairs. (not littermates)

Also though Treacle is pure black (like my Georgie) he has one white whisker.

jenluckenbach
05-28-2003, 05:54 AM
My RB Bear was black with one black whisker.:D

Glad to see the photos. Too bad I can't see any of the movies that people put on.:(

PayItForward
05-28-2003, 06:13 AM
Jen..

The movie shows Treacle spotting George trotting over to the sofa. Treacle reaches up cautiously and sniffs George and he twitches (realising George is a real sleeping cat) and sniffs him several times before dropping back to the floor and walking off.

Thoughout Treacle is holding himself a little low (nervous)

Lerah021399
05-28-2003, 07:16 AM
I'm glad that everything is going well w/ Treacle. I'm so glad that he has a forever home now. I know that you'll take excellent care of him!

HayleyRosie
05-28-2003, 07:32 AM
It looks like Treacle is fitting in quite good. Keep us posted. And keep the pictures coming!

ramanth
05-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Great to see that Treacle is getting along. :)

Loved the pics and I'm downloading the movie now. :)

Tina
05-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Great Pics!! Looks like Treacle is fitting right in :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2003, 12:52 PM
That video is great! :D I can't believe George didn't even bat a whisker! He must have thought it was just either Milo or Milly so he just ignored him. ;) :D

Jen, if you're on dial-up, it will take a really, really long time to download this. Once it's downloaded, you should be able to see it, but you have to have the patience of Job first. ;) :D Also, you can continue on with other things while it's downloading, so click on the link, then continue reading PT and it will let you know when the video is ready for viewing. Hope this helps! :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-28-2003, 01:13 PM
How cute! Can you help with the pronunciation of "Treacle?" I've seen the word but never heard it said.

carole
05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
It appears only the english and kiwis and maybe australians know of the word treacle, its a lovely sugary sweet syrup, you can pour on crumpets, ice cream whatever u fancy, treek-ill, thats the best i can do to show u how to pronounce it.
Do Americans have Golden syrup, Treacle is a darker syrup and a bit richer yummie just like its beautiful black furry namesake

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2003, 10:45 PM
In my dictionary it says that Treacle is 1.something excessively sweet or sentimental. 2. Brit. molasses. :) Now that I know what it means, I really love Sooty's new name. :D

PayItForward
05-29-2003, 05:28 AM
something excessively sweet or sentimental

Too right (Just like Caramel) !!!