PDA

View Full Version : PA Pet Talk meeting report!

jenluckenbach
04-26-2003, 07:11 PM
A great time was had in Doylestown today. The weather was damp, a bit misty at times and chilly, but the people were warm and friendly!!!

Charlie and I met Pam and her sweet Ripley, Christian'sMommy (Robyn) and Christian (a VERY darling baby!), K9Karen and John, FloppsyLadySally (Britt) and her mom (SallySlave), lbaker (Laurie)and cuddly Badger Boy and also her daughter-in-law, Jenny, Aspen&Misty (Ashley) and her dad (Jerry- hope I remembered that right) who brought along Mary (Soxie), Karen and Paul.

There was so much good energy there between these virtual strangers, that the only appropriate "pet-talk" word to describe it would be "niceness overload". I could not have picked more pleasant people to spend the day with if I had the choice of a thousand individuals.

I must let the picture posting up to those more capable (namely those with digital cameras) but there will be plenty of photos, I am sure. {I am hoping the one of my newly acquired cat/mouse sweatshirt somehow makes it onto the board.....hint, hint}

I hope everyone who went there comes on to share a special story for you all to read. (But keep in mind, not everyone is heading home tonight, so you may need to wait a day or so)

Let's go again next year!

Pam
04-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Yep Jen I think this is going to be a yearly event for me at least! It was so much fun meeting every one. Thank you Karen and Paul for making this day happen. :)

Cataholic
04-26-2003, 07:52 PM
So COOL! Niceness overload..I like that. More stories, more (any) pictures, NOW!!!

Pam
04-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Here is Jen modeling her new sweatshirt. What do you think is on the front? Three guesses! :) CATS OF COURSE!! :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pff4bac2fc521bb0f28337422c891b582/fc445eed.jpg

jenluckenbach
04-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Thanks Pam.

CATS AND MICE !!!!! on the shirt.:D

Pam
04-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Oops :o forgot to mention the mice! :D

Christiansmommy
04-26-2003, 09:11 PM
This was my second time meeting fellow Pet talkers. First being Sallyanne (SASVERMONT)...we even passed our meeting spot with her on our way home from this meeting...(sniff, sniff, miss you Gabe :)) That was such a great experience and this one was too!

Yeah, we definitley had a great time. I am really glad i could be apart of it. If any of you ever have the opportunity to get together with fellow pet talkers...it is highly recommended ;)

I agree, thanks to Karen and Paul for thinking up this board in the first place...3 cheers to them! It is great that they were able to come all the way over to PA...and great to meet them.

Everyone really was SUPER friendly!! Maybe next time i will have a doggy to bring...hoping we get one between now and then. The cats wouldnt have been very happy with me if i carted them off to the meeting!! ;)

Thanks everyone for coming and glad to have met you all!

Robyn

Pam
04-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Ditto! I couldn't have put it better. What a great bunch of people, but then again we always knew that Pet People Are The Best People! ;)

kingrattus
04-26-2003, 09:34 PM
I wish a pet talk meeting could be held out here. But no one could possibly come all the way up here... Mose of u r allergic to the cooler weather, & r just too far away :(

Aspen and Misty
04-26-2003, 10:19 PM
That was great guys! We loved it! I think I will sleep all night and all tomrrow long :p I have to agree, everyone was soooo nice! It was a great time and I can't wait till next year, or sooner :D

I'll have my pics up tonight or tomrrow.

zippy-kat
04-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Lovely shirt, Jenn!

So great to see you all had a blast!

RubyMutt
04-26-2003, 11:43 PM
What fun!! :D I wish I could've been there! I can't wait to see pics!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 02:41 AM
I'm glad that everyone had a great time. :) I agree that Pet Talkers are great people because I've been fortunate to meet some of them too. :D That's a nice sweatshirt Jen. I can't wait to see more pictures. :)

Barbara
04-27-2003, 05:35 AM
Sounds wonderful. Jen -a lovely shirt:)
I want more pix purrreaaze:D

Randi
04-27-2003, 07:53 AM
I'm glad so many of you could get together and have a great time! Wish I could have been there.

I love the t-shirt Jen! :)

AmylovesMisty
04-27-2003, 07:57 AM
every year? could there possibly be little PT meetings in different locations..like every 4 months and only ppl in that area should attend?or am i messing it up and i got it wrong?

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 08:18 AM
We said every year because the event we went to yesterday is an annual event. This would give this group of people a chance to get togther again. BUT.....others also plan get togethers in their areas, maybe you would like to see who lives in your area and find a meeting spot. You may be surprizes how far some people will travel.

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2003, 08:21 AM
Sounds like everyone had a great time!

Aspen and Misty
04-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Finally got all my pics loaded and on an Album! Come check it out!

Here is my fav pic!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p092959a8b2a45fd83cd371cc578140f9/fc43679c.jpg

O and for everyone who went. I have a picture of the 6 month old boxer and the flower! LOL.

Come check it out! And sorry, I don't have many pictures, and not many of the people who went :(

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290276011 (I hope this works)

Ash

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 12:03 PM
they were great pictures, Ashley!

RockyRoad
04-27-2003, 02:42 PM
It was a blast! Everyone was soo nice, and my mom seemed to fit right in too! It was so great meeting some great Pters, and of course it was a pleasure to be able to pet Badger and Ripley! I had so much fun, even though I was so shy! The free pie was great, and that Boxer & the plastic flower was hillarious! My mom told me that we probably looked like social outcasts when we couldn't go to dinner, lol. Those cows, sheep, llamas, bunnies, etc. were so cute, and the flower arrangements were beautiful!
I haven't had time to upload our pics, but I should get it done soon.

Oh yes, and thanks to all who waited for my dad to come pick my mom & I up! ;) :D It was a pleasure meeting you all! :D

jenluckenbach
04-28-2003, 07:10 AM
Britt, I could just picture your mom saying that .... "Social outcasts". LOL but we knew that you had other family to be with, we just wanted to make SURE you knew you'd be welcome to come.:D

I am still waiting for more pictures. (I counted on the others to take them for me. :o ) hee hee

lovemyshiba
04-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Sounds like everyone had fun!!
I wish I could have gone, but my parents visited this weekend, and I wasn't able to go. I can't wait until there's a PT meeting that I can attend--I just know everyone is sooooo nice!!!!

Great pictures Ash!!

lbaker
04-28-2003, 08:32 AM
We had such a wonderful time and just can't wait for the next Meet:D Badger made me sooo proud with his winning, mellow ways but was really obnoxious when he got home - gloating to the dogs I had to leave behind. He wasn't really impressed with the horses or cows but was facinatated with the goats & sheep (the Aussie in him kicking in I guess). He wasn't quite sure what to make of Ripley (strange looking cat I think he was thinking). :rolleyes: Doylestown was a lovely, historic, somewhat funky college place and before we left we took a long lovely walk around. We stopped into a lovely church Sunday morning to admire the stained glass windows and the folks we ran into inside had no problem with Badger being with us. I really needed this and thanks to Jen & Charlie for keeping the rain away. One afterthought... when we filled up with gas to go home it was a full service station for only $1.57 a gallon and when the attended gave me my change he also handed me some milkbones for Badger. Thanks to all that showed up for making us feel so welcome. Now my daughter-in-law understands even more what a fine, fine find I have found in my life.
Laurie
Huge hugs all around:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2003, 10:06 AM
I am green with envy!! Doylestown, PA is not too far from Newtown, PA where I lived for 2 years and will be going to on June 25th to visit relatives! Booo Hooo!!

Glad to hear that you guys had fun. I want to see more pictures!!

marysmerrycats
04-28-2003, 10:16 AM
wow, sounds like it was all so much fun! I think that is wonderful to be able to meet people from the internet, from pt!
in Sept I am going to be in Ca and hopefully will get to meet some pt'ers:)

lbaker
04-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Souraya, will you be driving (through) MD? With Andrew and my love Drake? Sammi & hubby Mike will be here in June (well, Virginia) and may be stopping by (I hope). I realize Drake & my Badge may not be best buddies (such as it is, male dogs and all) but maybe we can still meet!! PetTalk meets are soooo wonderful.
Laurie

soxie
04-29-2003, 02:42 PM
it was so much fun:) we talked and talked and or pet stories were injoyable We should have a yearly one and another sometime soon
mary

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
I agree, we need another one soon. Ash, what was that wild animal place you were talking about that you worked at? I think I'd like to go there.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Laurie, sadly, Draker won't be accompanying us on our trip. He will be staying with my brothers. If we weren't planning on another long trip (driving to AZ and taking Drake with us) we may have considered taking Drake to PA. But two very long drives may make Draker a grumpy boy.

Aspen and Misty
04-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I agree, we need another one soon. Ash, what was that wild animal place you were talking about that you worked at? I think I'd like to go there.

T&D's cats of the world. Not sure where. I will be startign work again this summer, can't wait! :D I hopefulyl will get to work the booth again, so me and lady can work on our tricks! :D :D

I was wondering if anyone would be interested there is a Pet Expo coming up here soon in Williamsport. It's a whole day dedicated to horses, cats, dogs, and small pets. It should be fun. I'm going. If anyone wants some info you can pm me.

Ash