PDA

View Full Version : Who likes *or* loves COUNTRY music?

CountryWolf07
02-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Just seeing who I can find people on here who likes/loves country music like me! ;) So don't be shy.. hehe..

All Creatures Great And Small
02-09-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm a very recent convert - I used to HATE country music; I thought it was for rednecks and would lower my IQ. ;) :D But, last spring when YLL and I took a road trip down to South Carolina and back, I had to have the country music on to soothe the savage beast in the passenger seat. I actually started to like some of the songs after having them pounded into my head; especially the ones with a humorous slant (like She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy, You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinking, The Fishing Song - I'm Gonna Miss Her, etc.). Some of the country music really ROCKS - it's not just about pickup trucks and broken hearts any more. I did like some of Garth Brooks even before I converted, like Friends in Low Places, but that song he does, Squeeze Me In, totally kicks butt!! Ya gotta crank it! In fact, I think I'll go crank it right now!

zippy-kat
02-09-2003, 05:35 PM
I go through stages where I hate it then I love it... recently I've been in an "I hate" it mood, but there are a couple of ones I like floatin' around out there. lol

Soledad
02-09-2003, 05:36 PM
I like the old school stuff. New country is pretty hopeless, IMO.

CountryWolf07
02-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Whooo-hooooo! Country music isn't that all BAD! LOL... not til' you give it a shot and you'll actually find that most of the songs are related to everything in real life - love, breakup, country life, some can be humorous, some can be sad, some can be romantic, and so on...:)

Desert Arabian
02-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Me??? A savage beast??? Naaaaa! You must be thinking of someone else, maybe dad??!! :) :D ;) :p (I know the rats are savage beasts- almost ripped my arm off last night.:p ;) )

Let's see yellow Labs, Lord of the Rings, Country music= my obessions.

When you walk into my room this is what you'll see , one side of my room/wall is covered in Lord of the Rings posters, desk lost amungst Lord of the Rings collectables, the other side of the room/wall covered Labrador pictures, dresser lost amugst Labrador figurines and other collectables, and my radio playing the Country station. :D :D :D ;)

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 05:40 PM
not me! :)

mugsy
02-09-2003, 06:09 PM
I like it. I used to love it, but I haven't been listening to much music lately.

LoudLou
02-09-2003, 06:14 PM
I like it... I love it... I want some more of it.....;)

Kfamr
02-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Not I.

Crikit
02-09-2003, 06:24 PM
It depends on the artist and the song. Unlike my sisters I can't listen to it all the time it just gets to me after awhile...that could be why I don't listen to the radio I need variety. But I do like it and listen to it when I get the urge.

Love Garth...then again how can you not?
Old Reba stuff, her new stuff just as good.
Nickel Creek..but I guess they're more bluegrass aren't they?
Then it's just a variety of people usually only one or two songs.

I must say though, if you like Country Music, Calgary is the place to be for it during Stampede week. It's like country music 24-7, you just can't escape it, unless you're at the coca-cola stage but even they play some country.

Soledad
02-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Love Garth...then again how can you not?

Eeeek. Quite easily. Sorry....:rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
02-09-2003, 07:15 PM
I love it!! Half.com is the BEST for CD's that came out about 8-10 years ago. $.75 + shipping each!! I have gotten a lot of brand new ones. Favorite artists...hmmm...Alabama, Joe Diffie, Steve Azar, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood...Lots of them. I used to really like Garth Brooks until the whole Chris Gaines thingy, and he broke up with his wife. I had been really impressed with what he thought of his family, and then he cheated on them?? That totally turned me off.

CountryWolf07
02-09-2003, 07:38 PM
I know what you mean... I didn't really care for the whole "Chris Gaines" thing.. and I still love Garth's music, doesn't matter what he did.. from rock to country.. but I was dissapointed with the whole family issue... but right now, he's retired, and making it up to his daughters..

iceyshiver21
02-09-2003, 08:07 PM
I LOVE COUNTRY!!!
***I LOVE GARTH BROOKS when i was little I had this hige crush on him:rolleyes: I was a strange child!

****By the way CountryWolf I love the new picture in the your sig.

slleipnir
02-09-2003, 08:10 PM
I like light rock more, but when I use to ride it got me liking country, so I do like it, but I don't usually listen to it much :]

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2003, 10:11 PM
I go through phases in how much I listen too, but I love it!

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Nope...sorry....don't do country....

The Chris Gaines album that a friend burned for me doesn't seem to bad so far, though I've only listened to it once...and I guess it's not quite country.....

Nomilynn
02-09-2003, 11:03 PM
For me it depends.. certain songs are good, while some I really dislike. But I wouldn't call myself a country music fan.

RICHARD
02-10-2003, 12:05 AM
see the dixie chicks live.

i thought, eh, what the hell.......

they played the tightest show i have ever seen, they were incredible - one of top ten i have ever seen..out of about 150

lynnestankard
02-10-2003, 05:58 AM
I simply love Country music - yep and Garth's got to be my favourite - but I love Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, Trisha, Reba (and yes again her older stuff!), Martina, Dixie Chicks, John Michael Montgomery, Colin Raye and Shania. I know Garths personal life has upset a lot of people, but I just can't 'stop' liking his music - and I hated the Chris Gaines rubbish!

Lynne

CountryWolf07
02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
I know, I didn't really care about the "Chris Gaines" stuff, but I'm still a loyal fan, no matter what! :)

Amy - I told you so, I told you so, I told you so! (THAT IT IS NOT COUNTRY, it's COMPLETELY ROCK MUSIC) :P

CountryWolf07
02-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Iceyshiver - Thanks! :)

Chinadoll
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
*whispers* me!
I always claimed I hated country music until my little sis would blare it whenever she came over to my apt. I like newer country music...Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Dixie Chicks, the guy who sings What a beautiful mess I'm in, and the guy who sings: The Fishin Song-I'm gonna miss her...as well as other popular country songs now. My absolute favorite: Rascal Flatts!

CountryWolf07
02-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Ooh I like Rascal Flatts.. Tim McGraw is awesome.. :) I like newer and the country music of the late 80's and the early - late 90's..

Tanya&Fritz
02-10-2003, 02:19 PM
I love Shania Twain but that's about it. I'm more into top 40 music.

Cookiebaker
02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
[B. My absolute favorite: Rascal Flatts! [/B]

Awww me too!! I want so badly to get their CD's!!! I love love love the video for This Everyday Love. It's on www.launch.com

iceyshiver21
02-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I like top forty music too, those are my very two fav. types of music.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I LOVE country music!:) ;) So does my dad, and all of our family friends.

mugsy
02-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Shania is cool. She definitely sets Nashville on its ear!

weiner_teddy
03-11-2003, 04:25 PM
I love country music!!! my favorite singer is Kenny Chesney :D

Daisylover
03-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I really enjoy country...it can be corny or sentimental or romantic, or just plain dumb sometimes, LOL!!! I like the "new" country MUCH better than the old twangy stuff. :rolleyes:

slick
03-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Love it :D :D :D
I used to be in a line dance demo team years ago. It was a blast. I think I can still remember some smooth moves...:eek:

Especially love the Dixie Chicks!!! Have seen Brooks & Dunn...ooooo that was so great!!!:D

Brie
03-11-2003, 07:42 PM
So, this is probably going to offend somebody, but, please take it as a joke...

I saw a bumper sticker last night that read:

'Stop inbreeding; ban country music'

I only occassionally like country. I grew up with my mother listening to it. But, it's not something I listen to by choice now.
I like the Dixie Chicks, but... I think their music is starting to boarder line on the pop category rather than country.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-11-2003, 08:35 PM
I love country music! I take after my dad and all of his friends!:) ;)

micki76
03-11-2003, 09:32 PM
I listen to a lot of country. But I also listen to rap and a little rock and a good bit of pop. Mostly country and rap. Opposite ends of the spetcrum, I know. I'm, uh, different. :D

COCatMama
03-11-2003, 11:23 PM
blech!!!!
hehehe

The Cat Factory
03-12-2003, 12:45 AM
I can't stand Country Music!

Dakota's Mommy
03-12-2003, 03:38 PM
I think it's okay! I don't listen to it much, but there are a few of the country groups that I really like and their are others who I just like one or two songs! But, I do listen to it some, so I don't really dislike it!