PDA

View Full Version : caring for a feral kitty...UPDATE...NEW PICTURE (cuteness warning!)

MoonandBean
06-28-2011, 03:04 PM
My friend got bit and scratched by a feral kitten on Wed. It was in a parking lot under some construction materials crying. She cornered him and then tried to pick him up figuring he was someone's "lost kitty" but he freaked and clamped on with teeth and back claws. She got him into a storage room (I have no idea how...LOL) and then set a have a heart trap. He was in the storage room (a hot and loud room) :( for 4 days. We kept checking the trap but he wasn't in there. We would meow and he would meow back but was clearly terrified and not coming out.

Finally...Sunday night at 9pm...success!! OMG...he is so small and cute. He acted like a Tazmanian devil when we transferred him from the trap to his much bigger digs...a nice sized dog crate.

We set up him in a nice cool garage with a litter box, food, water, a bed and a stuffed frog. Once he stopped trying to get out of every opening in the crate (some very stressful minutes as we weren't sure he wouldn't be able to squeeze through the slats), he finally settled down and ate and drank. He already uses the litter box and he loves his bed.

He no longer cries and he closes his eyes when I sit near the crate and purr to him...or sing...(atleast he's not covering his ears). He does hiss and spit if he gets startled.

My friend is on antibiotics and we know to watch him to make sure he stays healthy for 10 days so that she doesn't need the rabies shots. Assuming he stays healthy (he eats and drinks like a little piggy), we will begin trying to socialize him.

Anyone want a feral kitty in 10 days? Haha...no seriously, I'm up for any advice.

Thanks.

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Awww, kitty! How old do you think he is? (I'm wondering if he's old enough for Composure cat treats ... or feliway ... or ???)

Fingers and paws crossed!

http://www.amazon.com/Composure-Feline-Bite-Sized-Chews-Soft/dp/B003KV7XVA

lvpets2002
06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
:love: Awee Bless your friend for poofing this baby.. Do tell your friend to take good care of the bite & scratch & keep it doct. with plenty of meds.. Feral cats/kittens can be really bad due to their outside living.. Aweee I will bet since the kitten is young then the baby can be socialized in no time at all.. Gots any pics yet?? Keep us posted ok..

mon
06-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you are doing a fine job. Our feral cat found us around 5 yrs. ago and ya just have to make up the rules and deal as you go along. All I know is that just when you think you've got thier #...... think again. Spicy is always Wild at heart. Also need to get rid of fleas,mites and mange if any exsist. Ya wear long leather gloves to the armpit for that little checkup if your smart for sure. Good luck, you'll do great!

MoonandBean
06-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I do have one picture (will post) and will get more tonight. We think he is 7-8 weeks old. We are calling him "biter-man" (sing to the tune of "spider pig"...LOL.

MoonandBean
06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi! I'm Biter-man!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/050.jpg

Trying to scratch his head and back :)
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/055.jpg

Aww...his widdle bed:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/054.jpg

The big scary back scratcher:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/053.jpg

Scaredy cat :)
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/052.jpg

He has it kinda good in there :)
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/051.jpg

phesina
06-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Awwwwwww.... Adorable!

Freedom
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi ya, Biter Man, you are CUTE!

For future reference, to calm them down put a blanket or towels over the cage, makes it feel more like a save cave. We also covered the traps when trapping ferals, to make it more like a cave and to contain that lovely smell of the salmon or other tasty tidbits in there.

You need to handle him to tame him up. At 7 to 8 weeks he is young enough to do this. You know how to scruff him by the neck? You can do this and clip his nails, will need 2 people.

After that, you do it all w/ positive reinforcement, just like training a dog. Use the toys on a stick, danglers, to get him playing. Keep him a safe distance from you, do this multiple times a day. Once every 2 days, move him closer to you.

Kittens are full of energy and love to play. Being in the crate (good job, that!), he should have plenty of energy for these play times. Won't be long he will be climbing on and over you after that toy! ;)

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Please don't be afraid, sweetums. Everything will be fine. It is much better for you to be indoors where you can be watched, played with, talked to, oohed and aahed. You are just so stinkin CUTE!!

MoonandBean, do you think Bitey Man's mom cat is still out there? Maybe he misses her.

mon
06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Cutest little cat, can't believe how wee. Will turn around on a dime with time cuz of how young the kitten is. LOVED the pictures of the kitten. i think the sound of Sherman is more appropriate as it sounds softer. Just always talk soft and gently and bityman will not be able to resist ya before long. Well done !!!!

MoonandBean
06-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Just always talk soft and gently and bityman will not be able to resist ya before long. Well done !!!!

Haha...that made me laugh. Elyse, Bitey-man actually rode to work underneath our co-workers car. I will ask her if she knows if there is a feral cat in her neighborhood. I've been worrying about the same thing :(

sana
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Looks exactly like the kitten in my garden. What a darling!!! :love::love::love::D

MoonandBean
06-29-2011, 04:47 AM
He's quick to adjust. We can already scratch his head, ears and back with the back scratcher. Maybe today, we will try a hand...gloved :)

Medusa
06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
You've done a great job. He looks so harmless! I do know what little devils they can be, though. Good luck and keep up the good work. :)

GILL
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Thank you for working with little guy. At that age you should be able to socialize him. after 10-15 weeks it gets harder BUT not impossible. Olive was about 4 years old and came from a feral colony. I have had her a little over a year. She now will let me give her a good head scratch and some pets. Still cringes when you reach to pet, but once you start it "all is well".
So again thank you and don't be afraid of the scratches, they heal and a hart won makes it all worth it.

catmandu
06-29-2011, 09:12 AM
:):love::love::love:
What a Great Little Cat of the Future you are , and we hope that you will soon get used to your new Furrever Home and your New Guardians.
:):):)
What a Great Little Cat You will grow up to be. Is it too late to suggest the name Joseph.
:D:D:D

MoonandBean
06-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Thank you for working with little guy. At that age you should be able to socialize him. after 10-15 weeks it gets harder BUT not impossible. Olive was about 4 years old and came from a feral colony. I have had her a little over a year. She now will let me give her a good head scratch and some pets. Still cringes when you reach to pet, but once you start it "all is well".
So again thank you and don't be afraid of the scratches, they heal and a hart won makes it all worth it.

Thanks Gill...now that we are 99% sure that he doesn't have rabies, we can start handling him without much fear of bites and scratches. I can always get Augmentin and will heal :)

MoonandBean
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
:):What a Great Little Cat You will grow up to be. Is it too late to suggest the name Joseph.
:D:D:D

You don't think we should keep the name "biter-man"? LOL. Joseph is a good name...IF he proves to be a He.

lvpets2002
06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
:love: Awee such a very cute wittle fellow.. You will have him social in no time at all..

Taz_Zoee
06-29-2011, 02:54 PM
He is adorable!! :D

You don't think we should keep the name "biter-man"? LOL. Joseph is a good name...IF he proves to be a He.

You can always call him Joey, that is a unisex name. :)

MoonandBean
06-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Day 3 of "operation bitey-man"...we can reach in the cage and pet him all over his widdle body with a gloved hand. He likes neck rubs! This boy is going to be very easily poofed! <3

My hand looks huge:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/018.jpg

"Oh dat feels good" ~~Bitey-man aka: Joseph or Joey
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/020.jpg

hand protected...rest of me, not so much:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/024.jpg

Karen
06-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Hee hee - sounds great! And if he gets used being called Bitey-man, you can always change it to Biederman, a good German name!

MoonandBean
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Karen, did you see the pics? We may have been posting at the same time. :)

cassiesmom
06-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Awww, awww! Look at his eyes in the picture "Oh dat feels good"-- and his ears are forward-- and his pink nosie-- how sweet!

You know, now that I think about it, if I reach to pet Cassie from the front, she does sometimes flinch. And she's been with me for years. She LOVES to have her head skritched and she will do "elevator butt" when I pet her sides or back.

We had a scare one day-- I kicked my foot out to untangle my pants leg and she ducked and ran! I have never, ever hit or kicked her, not ever. But she must have been right behind me with my tangled pants leg. She scared us both! Sometimes I stand with my back right against the closet door so she can't sneak up behind me.

kuhio98
06-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Awww, awww! Look at his eyes in the picture "Oh dat feels good"-- and his ears are forward-- and his pink nosie-- how sweet!

The pink nosie is what I love too.

Hang in there Joseph, Joey, Jo-Jo, Josie, whatever. You sure are a cutie!:love::love::love:

Moesha
06-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I bet it won't be long until the little one is running over to the cage door for your attention. :D

katladyd
06-30-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm voting for Joseph, he was a great cat! The little guy resembles him a bit, doesn't he?:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2011, 01:13 AM
The kitten is adorable and I'm sure you'll be able to hold him/her very soon.:) Have you heard any purring yet?

MoonandBean
06-30-2011, 05:19 AM
The kitten is adorable and I'm sure you'll be able to hold him/her very soon.:) Have you heard any purring yet?

No purring but I make purr noises when I sit with him or now, pet him..and he always closes his eyes when I purr. :love:

moosmom
06-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Great job!!!!! Kittens that age are very easy to tame. When he blinks his eyes at you, that shows he's beginning to trust you.

Another thing you can do is wrap him up in a towel with only his head exposed. Pet and kiss his head, gently talking to him. I've found that the gloves have a tendency to scare the kitties. Maybe that's why I have so many scars!!!

You're doing an awesome job MoonandBean. Thank you for taking this precious one in. Welcome to kitten season!!!

Pinot's Mom
06-30-2011, 08:28 AM
AWWWW - JoJo will be purring in your arms in no time! :)

MoonandBean
06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks everyone. He really is so sweet. I can't wait to hold him :love:

aTailOf2Kitties
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
call him Feral Darryl, LOL

astrid
06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
:love::love::love:AWWW!!!!:LOOKS LIKE BABY SOPHIE!!!!:love::love::love:

Randi
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Aww, he's a cutie! You're doing great socializing him! He loves that ear scritch. :)

ramanth
06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Awww! He's adorable! Reminds me of when I first took Logan in. Wish I had had an extra dog crate. That would of made taming him and taking him to the vets SO much easier. lol!

I'd recommend getting some Comfort Zone Feliway. It really helped calm Logan. If there is no outlet nearby for the plug in version, then I'd try the spray and use it around the crate and on his bedding.

Good luck!!

phesina
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh, what a beautiful little guy and what great news how well he is coming along.. and what a fine job of taming him you are doing!

Thank you for taking him in and loving him so well! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

lizbud
07-01-2011, 09:43 AM
call him Feral Darryl, LOL

:D:D LOL :D He/she is much too cute to saddle him with that name but,
Joey or Josie is nice.:)

MoonandBean
07-01-2011, 10:45 AM
We are naming him Joseph if he's a boy and Josephine if she's a girl :)

No more "bitey-man". He has been with us 5 days and hasn't done anything but hiss. Last night, we picked him up by the scruff of his neck and moved him from his litter box to his newly made bed. He runs to his food bowl when we go to fill it and we can have the door open while we're cleaning his cage and he makes no attempt to escape (quite a difference from the first night when he was trying to get out and testing every opening).

My cat Moon went in the garage for the first time last night and Moon looks like he could be Joseph's mother. Joseph's face "LIT UP" when he saw Moon. (See attached pic...Moon is the cat on the left....Bean is on the right....Sunny is my pup but you all know that...:) ). Moon wasn't too interested and walked right out but it made me sad for Joseph. He must miss his mom!!

Thanks for all the great advice. I am really surprised how smoothly this is going. His quarantine is over tomorrow (clearly...he is healthy) and we are going to start holding him and carrying him everywhere.

Stay tuned....:)

DriftyAlison0
07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Peaches is around 3-5 years old (thinking closer to five) and she used to be feral. Loves human attention and is ok with the other cats unless they get too close to her then we hear her faint hiss and she isn't afraid to smack them. (she doesn't have much of a voice poor cat).

MoonandBean
07-01-2011, 08:55 PM
We can hold him!!!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/011.jpg

God, he is cute!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/012.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/014.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/015.jpg

Medusa
07-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Good job! He really does look like a little stinker! :D

sana
07-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Oh my gosh! That is totally awesome! And now we'd need lots of pictures of him :D This is totally great!!! I hope he doesn't scratch and bite anymore :) :D

MoonandBean
07-02-2011, 05:39 AM
He is so cute! Maybe he wasn't feral at all....just alone and scared.

phesina
07-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Oh, how adorable! Thank you.

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2011, 08:47 AM
He is so cute! Maybe he wasn't feral at all....just alone and scared.

Exactly. Poor baby...so glad he's being cared for and loved!:love:

cassiesmom
07-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Awww, Joseph Bitey-Guy! What big eyes you have!

katladyd
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
AWWWWW! He's a cutie, that's for sure. Give little Joey some loves from me.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Wonderful news!!! I knew this would happen soon.:) Joey sure is one lucky kitten. I bet it'll be very hard to adopt this little cutie out. I know I'd be a foster failure for sure.;)

MoonandBean
07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Wonderful news!!! I knew this would happen soon.:) Joey sure is one lucky kitten. I bet it'll be very hard to adopt this litte cutie out. I know I'd be a foster failure for sure.;)

Yep...I'm pretty hooked. I might get out voted but we'll see :)

MoonandBean
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
"Wrangler" as we're calling him now, tested Negative for Feline Leukemia and FIV. He got his first set of shots. He is soooo cute :)

Catty1
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
TOOOO cute! So glad he tested negative. :) Especially in the second photo he does not resemble a biter man at all! In the first, he has that sleepy-eyed happy kitten look.

Congrats - bless you for all your work with him.

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
This is wonderful news.:) He's such an adorable kitten and it looks like he's found his new meowmie.;)

cassiesmom
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Yay, Wrangler, former bitey-guy! He is getting so big and, if it's possible, even more CUTE! :love:

GILL
07-08-2011, 07:53 AM
With a face like that how can you not love him.

cassiesmom
07-12-2011, 12:37 AM
MoonandBean, how is little Wrangler doing?

lizbud
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Just look at that sweetie.:love::love: So cute.:love:

MoonandBean
07-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Wrangler has crawled into our hearts like a little heartworm. We *might* let our co-worker (a great newly married guy who is fixing up his house to get ready for an indoor only kitty) adopt him when he is 12 weeks. Or...we might not be able to let him go. Either way, he will have a great life! He gave us a little scare after his first set of shots and de-worming medicine. He stopped eating and was pretty lethargic. His belly went from a big swollen sac (worms) to flat as a board. I assumed it was the de-worming that made him sick but I still worried. Of course, I hand fed him and gave him water with a 3cc syringe. We took him to the vet on Monday. He weighed in at a whopping one pound 11 ounces. The vet said he seemed pretty healthy. His stool still showed roundworm eggs but we will recheck that in a week rather than give him more de-worming (the first dose may still be working). She gave us some cans of ID food (good for upset bellies) and just like that, he started eating the minute we got him home. He really eats well after we hold him and play with him. He is on medicine for ear mites. He is eating a can a day now plus his kitten chow dry so I'd say he is definitely thriving.

Here are some extra CUTE pictures.

He is 100% comfortable with Sunny (dog) and she is able to take a treat off the floor 6 inches from him and he doesn't flinch. She is actually still a little scared of him. He lights up when he sees my 14 year old cat who looks like he could be his father. Unfortunately, Moon wants nothing to do with him but it's so obvious he misses his mommy. We have heard of 2 other kittens found near where we found him so we are assuming someone either dumped the litter or their mom was killed. The vet says he is 8 weeks old which means he was 5 weeks when we found him and should still be nursing :( but he definitely can eat on his own too which is good.

Thanks for checking in on Wrangler :love:

happylabs
07-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Wrangler has crawled into our hearts like a little heartworm. We *might* let our co-worker (a great newly married guy who is fixing up his house to get ready for an indoor only kitty) adopt him when he is 12 weeks. Or...we might not be able to let him go. Either way, he will have a great life! He gave us a little scare after his first set of shots and de-worming medicine. He stopped eating and was pretty lethargic. His belly went from a big swollen sac (worms) to flat as a board. I assumed it was the de-worming that made him sick but I still worried. Of course, I hand fed him and gave him water with a 3cc syringe. We took him to the vet on Monday. He weighed in at a whopping one pound 11 ounces. The vet said he seemed pretty healthy. His stool still showed roundworm eggs but we will recheck that in a week rather than give him more de-worming (the first dose may still be working). She gave us some cans of ID food (good for upset bellies) and just like that, he started eating the minute we got him home. He really eats well after we hold him and play with him. He is on medicine for ear mites. He is eating a can a day now plus his kitten chow dry so I'd say he is definitely thriving.

Here are some extra CUTE pictures.

He is 100% comfortable with Sunny (dog) and she is able to take a treat off the floor 6 inches from him and he doesn't flinch. She is actually still a little scared of him. He lights up when he sees my 14 year old cat who looks like he could be his father. Unfortunately, Moon wants nothing to do with him but it's so obvious he misses his mommy. We have heard of 2 other kittens found near where we found him so we are assuming someone either dumped the litter or their mom was killed. The vet says he is 8 weeks old which means he was 5 weeks when we found him and should still be nursing :( but he definitely can eat on his own too which is good.

Thanks for checking in on Wrangler :love:

So happy he is doing better. Poor little guy with all of those worms in his belly. :(

I hope you keep him so we can continue to hear about him and see pics. I don' think I would be able to let him go but I understand if you can't keep him.

He just seems to have such a personality in the pics. :) :love:

Catty1
07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
THUNK! Cute!!!! :love::love::love::love::D

phesina
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
What a sweetie! He's just ADORABLE!!!

astrid
07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
What a cute little angel :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2011, 11:45 AM
He sure is a cutie pie.:) I hope he's able to get rid of all of those nasty worms and earmites. I too hope that you'll end up keeping him. I'm sure that Sunny wouldn't mind.:)

katladyd
07-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I know that I would have a big problem letting this precious little guy go. Good luck! He is a complete year's worth of cuteness overload in one picture!:love:

happylabs
07-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I know that I would have a big problem letting this precious little guy go. Good luck! He is a complete year's worth of cuteness overload in one picture!:love:

That is a good way to put it. At least a year's worth of cuteness. :love: :love: :love:

lvpets2002
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
:love: I like his new name = Wrangler fits him.. This Baby Wrangler Is Just Too Cute.. Yup Foster Failure Here Forsure.. A Must Keeper.. Just look at that Sweet Adorable Face..

"Wrangler" as we're calling him now, tested Negative for Feline Leukemia and FIV. He got his first set of shots. He is soooo cute :)

MoonandBean
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Last night, he snuggled with us on the couch and watched SYTYCD. This morning, he got brought out of his crate and into bed for 10 minutes before we got up. Then he got his ear mite medicine put in and a bowl of his wet food which he quickly devoured. We just love this little baby. :love:

Randi
07-14-2011, 09:18 AM
He is such a sweetie! :love: Glad he got rid of the worms and is thriving. Sounds he'll be a keeper. :D

Kisses and purss from us.

happylabs
07-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Last night, he snuggled with us on the couch and watched SYTYCD. This morning, he got brought out of his crate and into bed for 10 minutes before we got up. Then he got his ear mite medicine put in and a bowl of his wet food which he quickly devoured. We just love this little baby. :love:

Snuggle kitties are the best! :) :love: :)

MoonandBean
07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Forgot to mention...he PURRS like a train the minute we walk into "his room"

Malibu's Mom
07-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Just read the whole thread. He is TOO cute! Reminds me a lot of Malibu when she was a kitten. Now she's a show cat! When you put effort and love into these fearful kitties they really pay it back in spades. Thank you for saving him! :D

MoonandBean
07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Just read the whole thread. He is TOO cute! Thank you for saving him! :D

My pleasure; thanks :)

Scooter's Mom
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Any updates on this little guy?

MoonandBean
08-12-2011, 09:53 AM
He is doing really well!! We decided to keep him :) Couldn't give him away after he bonded with us and Sunny; they are so cute together! Even Moon is starting to play with him. He looks like a mini-Moon. So cute! Bean barely notices him. Will update with pics later :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
He is doing really well!! We decided to keep him :) Couldn't give him away after he bonded with us and Sunny; they are so cute together! Even Moon is starting to play with him. He looks like a mini-Moon. So cute! Bean barely notices him. Will update with pics later :)

This wonderful news!!!:D I was hoping that you'd be another foster failure. I can't wait to see some new pictures of him. I'm glad that both Sunny and Moon seem to like him.:)

cassiesmom
08-12-2011, 12:56 PM

Yay! Yay! This is good news!

phesina
08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Wonderful! Fabulous! Thank you, and God bless.

moosmom
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
We ALL think you're keeping him!!! Glad to hear it.

MoonandBean
08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Oops. Spoke to soon :( We did decide to let him go to his new home as his new mommy and daddy were very disappointed and had already bought him a new bed and lots of toys. We decided to let him go with the understanding that he comes back to us if there are any problems.

We dropped him off and brought all the things he was used to. He adjusted really quickly and was already purring, playing and eating. He also got to hang out with his new daddy at our place a few nights ago so he was familiar.

So...this was my first foster. He was with us 7 weeks and is 12 weeks old now. over 3 pounds, worm and flea free. Happy, healthy and loved. I'm happy :)

Catty1
08-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Aww! :love: It sounds like his new purrents had everything ready to spoil him rotten! Ya done good! :D

MoonandBean
08-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Aww! :love: It sounds like his new purrents had everything ready to spoil him rotten! Ya done good! :D

Thank you :)

Pinot's Mom
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
It's OK, Deb, I'm sure the kitty will be very happy. Ya done good! ;)

phesina
08-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh, this sounds great! I hope the people will update you as he settles in.

Welcome HOME, little kitty!

MoonandBean
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks Pinot and Phesina! I work with Wrangler's daddy and got a great report this morning. He is already running around the house and getting lots of undivided attention from his new parents. We can keep tabs on him and will see lots of him :love: but I sure did miss bringing him upstairs this morning (he was such a snuggler!) :love:

Malibu's Mom
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry that you had to give him up but so glad he is going to get the spoiling he deserves! :love:

Do you think you'll do any more fostering?

MoonandBean
08-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry that you had to give him up but so glad he is going to get the spoiling he deserves! :love:

Do you think you'll do any more fostering?

He kinda snuck into our lives :) so no fostering in the near future but ya never know :) Thanks.

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Well if he couldn't remain in your home, I'm glad to hear that he's now in another wonderful loving caring forever home.:) It's great that you work with his new daddy so you'll be able to get updates.:) Is there any chance that his daddy could join PT?

Anikaca77
08-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Awww....I hope you will get updates on him. Melissa

MoonandBean
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Well if he couldn't remain in your home, I'm glad to hear that he's now in another wonderful loving caring forever home.:) It's great that you work with his new daddy so you'll be able to get updates.:) Is there any chance that his daddy could join PT?

Good idea :) I will have him join so he can post pics and cute stories :)

catmandu
08-16-2011, 09:07 AM
And Deb, there is another Gold Star by your name in Our Awesome Angels Army Hall of Fame:love:
These are reserved for those good people who go out of their way to make sure that a Lost Cat becomes a Pet Companion.
:love:
You are a hero, in the truest sense of the word:love:

MoonandBean
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM
And Deb, there is another Gold Star by your name in Our Awesome Angels Army Hall of Fame:love:
These are reserved for those good people who go out of their way to make sure that a Lost Cat becomes a Pet Companion.
:love:
You are a hero, in the truest sense of the word:love:

Thanks Gary! That made me :D

katladyd
08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I second what Gary said!

phesina
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I third it!

MoonandBean
08-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Wrangler in his new home...he looks so content!!!! :love: :love: :love:

phesina
08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh, what a fine picture! Thank you so much.

Anikaca77
08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Awww, I love the kitty tree so cute.

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2011, 01:58 AM
He sure is adorable.:)

kuhio98
08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Awww, I love the kitty tree so cute.

Me too! I think little Wrangler has his people wrapped around his little paw. Just as it should be. :D

katladyd
08-18-2011, 12:58 PM
One word: CUTE!:love:

mrspunkysmom
08-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Wrangler in his new home...he looks so content!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Oh he does. I love it when people spoil their kitties.

MoonandBean
11-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Texted to me by Wrangler's pawrents...

"Wrangler reading my kindle" ~~Wrangler's mom

moosmom
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Thank you for not giving up on him!

I'm working with two feral kittens (about 13 weeks) now. They've come a long way. Unfortunately, the male has Giardia, Lung Worm and Round worms, which will be treated with antibiotics.

Spray Feliway on your shirt before taking him out to socialize him. It worked wonders for me!!!

Good luck!

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Texted to me by Wrangler's pawrents...

"Wrangler reading my kindle" ~~Wrangler's mom

Awww!!! He's so handsome and I'm so glad that he's in a wonderful caring loving forever home.:)

Catty1
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
He is getting so big! His face has a look of utter contentment and snuggling up with his hoomin is obviously what he loves!! And his hoomins love him too! :love::love::love:

Congrats on finding him such a wonderful home - and they update you too!:D

katladyd
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Not only good looking, but smart, too! Maybe he was reading a book about cats!:D

sana
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Awwww!!!! What a cute photo!! :love: :love: :love: :D Thank You to you that he found a loving home. Thank God he is happy and cared for in his new home. And looks like he took away his meowmie's Kindle. Awie! ;) :love:

MoonandBean
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I keep looking for the "like" button when I read your comments. :)

cassiesmom
11-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Wrangler is absolutely adorable! I love his white pawsies and his cute pink nose!

MoonandBean
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I wonder what book he's reading today :)

Catty1
11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't he be reading it on a "Kittle"? ;):)

MoonandBean
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Wouldn't he be reading it on a "Kittle"? ;):)

:)

His head is the size his whole body used to be :love: