PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Mandy and Ebony, please

Freedom
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
No big issues, but I sure would appreciate some prayers to help them along.

Yesterday, both went in to the vet for dentals.

They were both way over the top nervous, so they had to be sedated prior to the anesthesia.

Ebony had tartar and gingivitis, so we expected her to have a lot of work done. Nope! Cleaning and polishing, and she is good to go. She got her 3 years rabies shot too, so she won't need to make that hard visit again for a while. She seems to be doing well this morning, recovered from everything, out of the spare bedroom and vocalizing to any and all who will listen: I'm HUNGRY! I gots to make UP for that time of no food!" He heee. She did have to have sub q fluids, as she was under a long time, longer than expected.

Mandy had a bit of tartar, so we expected her to need a cleaning and a polish. So both cats were put under together, and work done on Mandy first, expecting Ebs to be the one needing work done. Didn't work out that way.

Mandy had major gum recession on the lower rear molars, so both of those came out; and she had managed to break her front upper left fang in the past 2 weeks (no idea how, and I didn't know this) so that came out as well. She must have had quite a lot of pain from all of this, the vet says, so in time she should feel lots better. She had to have IV fluids as it was quite a job getting those 3 teeth out.

Starting this morning, I am to give Mandy liquid meds in an oral syringe: pain meds morning and night for 2 days, antibiotic morning and night for 7 days. This morning's meds did NOT go well. Mandy has remained quite feral in spite of being an indoor cat for 4 years now, since she was trapped at about 3 to 4 months old. (She spend a year with Donna, MoosMom, and still didn't come around!). Mandy typically wants NOTHING to do with me, and this morning, she was worse than usual. I got about half the pain meds in her mouth; the rest of that, and all the antibiotics went over her, me and the chair.

Mandy has been living in the spare bedroom since July of last year; after 4 years, she and Tommy decided they can NOT live together. :rolleyes: So she is contained in one place, which makes it easier for me to monitor her; and all the more odd that she found a way to break a fang.

So if you could, spare a prayer for Mandy as I am sure she is feeling out of sorts today and for a couple of days. Thanks.

Laura's Babies
03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Healing thoughts coming their way.. Poor babies...

catmandu
03-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I know that Michae:cool:l, Joseph:D , John Hancock :)and Princess:love:
all veterans of Dental Visits will be there for Mandy and Ebony to keep them company and help them through what can be a scary trip for Our Cat Companions.
We are paryiong taht all be well, when they come home.:D:D:D

phesina
03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Many prayers and good healing wishes and energies for Mandy and Ebony both, as they get their teethies taken care of.

Catty1
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Prayers for Mandy and Ebony - and especially Mandy! I wonder if her pain meds could be compounded into a gel?

I hope she feels better soon!

kaycountrygal
03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Good wishes for Mandy and Ebony... and you who has to give meds to Mandy. Maybe you could squirt the med on wet food. That's what I had to do with Luke (in December) because I just could not get meds in him (and he has never been feral). As with you, they ended up on me & him & the floor... Kay in NC

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow! They both have been through a lot so hopefully in a few days they'll be more relaxed. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Mandy and Ebony. My Ziggy also has some gingivitis so I've been brushing all of my cats teeth at least once a week. I'm hoping to avoid having to put Ziggy through a dental because she too becomes very scared at the vets.:(

cassiesmom
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Big prayers for Ebony and Mandy! And a gentle *kiss* too.

katladyd
03-10-2011, 01:08 PM
You got it! Prayers are going out for both Ebony and Mandy! Feel better soon, girls!!!:love:

Medusa
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Of course, prayers for both going up right now. And you, too, Sandie. :)