PDA

View Full Version : pics Luke got a "lion cut"

kaycountrygal
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Sat, 1.1.11
Every 3 months I take Luke to the groomer to get a "lion cut" because his hair gets long & sometimes he has bm problems & he needs a bath & a cut & toenails trimmed. He got his cut this past Wed and wow he sure looks and smells better. He feels like velvet. Groomer left hair around his face, his feet, and end of his tail. Yes, he is plump... was 27 lbs, now 22. Now that he is on all canned food, maybe he can lose more. Also now that he feels better he is more active.

Do you take your cat to the groomer?

I had never done this until he had a bm problem a year ago, cleared up, but then big problem recently. You may recall he had severe constipation in early Dec & required 4 trips & 5 enemas to "get him unplugged". Anyway I think he's ok now. Kay in NC

Karen
01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
It's good he's losing weight, and also good they didn't trim him TOOO close.

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Luke looks great! He's gorgeous!:love: My Missy and RB Sassy is/was short haired cat(s), no groomer, just regular brushing.:)

Freckles
01-01-2011, 02:45 PM
He looks like he's wearing slippers! ;)

Freedom
01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Leo, just look at your handsome self! You DO look like a velvet covered kitty cat!

He hee, because the fur at his feet changes to the darker shade, he looks like those paws are HUGE!

Keep up losing the weight, Leo, it is really great that you are!

Kalei
01-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know you could do this to kitties :) It is really cool looking! I bet he would looooove that cut in the summertime! It's really good that you have found a way to help his bm's. And at the same time, he looks very handsome! Just like a lion :)

cassiesmom
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Luke, I love your beautiful face. Please have your mum give you a (((HUG))) for me, some for the dogs too. Happy New Year!

Laura's Babies
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I was thinking I need to start doing this with Giz. She is having bad BM's that are full of fur and always throwing up rather large ones too. It is to much fur for her system to handle and it's been worrying me for awhile now. I have been adding pumpkin to their food for all of them (sometimes she refuses to eat it though) and it is helping. I also changed their food so she is not throwing up as much but I still feel she needs to get rid of some of that fur as she ages.. Do they have to sedate them to do that?

Taz_Zoee
01-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I've never taken any of my cats to the groomer. But I did take my friends Maine Coon there twice while I was watching for 4 months. He didn't have long hair, but he was so big he couldn't keep his bottom clean and he is polydactyl and I wanted his nails done by a professional in addition to me doing it at home.

I think Luke looks very handsome with his lion cut. He looks proud too. Some of the other kitties I've seen do not look so happy with this cut. :)

kaycountrygal
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Laura's babies: Hi,

NO, They do not sedate him. I've asked &have been assured he is not sedated because I would not want that. The main groomer says it takes 3 people to do Luke. He doesnt like it but he tolerates it. He usually is tired though when he gets home.

Do you use Laxatone? It sure helps Luke & I use a small amount every day... especially since his constipation problem. Also I used to mainly feed him dry food but have switched to canned food such as Wellness & W/D. It's expensive but it is helping very much. Kay in NC

catmandu
01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Luke, you are the most unique Little Lion that I have ever seen, with our Siamese Face and velevet tan coat:love::love::)
We are so glad that you are losing weight, that will stop so many things from bothering you as you become a Senior Kittyzen:cool::cool::cool:

momcat
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi there, handsome Luke! Wow, you look so regal with your new lion cut. It looks great on you. Would you ask your Meowmie to give you lots of scritchies and lovies from me? :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
He's such a handsome boy.:) I'm glad to hear that he's doing much better with his constipations problems too.:) I used to take all of my long haired cats to the groomers for lion cuts in the summer time. Last year Sky became so upset and nervous that he got himself sick and he started having asthma attacks.:(

The groomers said that he'd need to be sedated the next time. I now have 2 new kittens that are also long haired but I've decided no more lion cuts for any one. The stress on them just isn't worth it. A friend of mine has her vet give her male cat a butt shave because he also gets his stools caught his fur sometimes and he also gets matted.