PDA

View Full Version : sad and upset

davidpizzica
03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I feel really sad and upset that I have to give up the only church I've known for 61 years. It's closing it's doors because of small attendance and running out of money to keep the church building going. Now I'll have to find another congregation to attend. After all of those years at this one church, going to another church will be a very different experience.

Medusa
03-13-2009, 05:32 PM
No matter where you go, David, God will be there. Cheer up. :)

Karen
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh, David, I'd invite you my church, but it's a bit far to drive on a Sunday morning. Sending you hugs, and hope that you find a new community who will treasure you as the nice person you are.

moosmom
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I echo what Mary said. No matter where ya go to worship, God's there and he'll hear ya!

Logan
03-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Search out a new group, David. I know there are other congregations out there that will fill your needs. I'm so sorry that your church is breaking up, but remember there are a lot of believers out here and you will find a new home.

Daisy and Delilah
03-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm so sorry David.:( It can be heartbreaking when something ends or changes.

I have to agree with the others. God will be wherever you go. You'll have a wonderful new church sooner than you think. You'll be making more memories with your new friends and some of the other folks from your church that's closing. Look at it as the beginning of a wonderful new experience.:)

DJFyrewolf36
03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
*HUGS* to you. I wish I could do more...God has a plan though and you and your congregation are part of it. Its hard right now to understand why things happen the way they do, but keep the faith!

davidpizzica
03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
*HUGS* to you. I wish I could do more...God has a plan though and you and your congregation are part of it. Its hard right now to understand why things happen the way they do, but keep the faith!

Thank you, DJF. Hearing me and caring about me is good enough. Being a Missouri Synod Lutheran, I'm considering going to an ELCA church! I bowl with with an ELCA bowling league and I'm thinking about going to their church.I have a lot of friends there.

Marigold2
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Just read in the paper this morning that many of the churches here in the Ohio area are closing and or merging.
I am so sorry that yours is one of them.
I am sure that many people are feeling the pain you do now. Much uproar here.
With your kindness and friendlyness you are just what people will need.
Someone to reach out and welcome them and make them feel at home in their new church. Where ever you go David I know you will be that man.
God has opened a new door for you.