PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and well wishes needed / UPDATE POST #14

rg_girlca
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Yesterday I noticed that my grandkitty Sades was just not quite himself, but my son kept saying, "No, he's okay Mom, he's just chillin today." But later on he agreed that he wasn't himself. I put Sades to the test and brought out a tin of wet food and got the plates ready. Usually he is the first one that bolts and I mean "BOLTS" into the kitchen when he knows I am getting ready to give them their treat. But not yesterday. He somberly came into the kitchen and when I gave him his plate, he just ate a bit and then left to lay back down in the cat bed. My son knew right then and there that there was something definately wrong with his cat. My son went to pick him up and Sades let out a cry. We noticed when he put him back down that he had a slight limp to his back right leg and was walking just not right. I figured that maybe he landed a little too hard when he jumped off the bureau and that he would be better by the next day, but unfortunately he isn't.

We will be leaving soon to bring him to the vets to see what is what. It's going to be a long wait as they are very busy today. You have to take a number and wait your turn. I'll update ASAP.

So, if you could please send out some prayers for my Grandkitty that it isn't anything serious.

He basically hasn't left this spot since yesterday except that one time when I put the wet food down. I can see that he isn't well. Poor baby.:(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures078.jpg

Catty1
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh no - I hope it's "just" a sore muscle.

PT Prayers for Sades!:love:

Anikaca77
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Praying that he's ok!

kimlovescats
10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh dear, prayers for Sades!

jazzcat
10-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Poor Sades. Not only does Decker look like him but he also sounds like him about food, first to bolt.

I sure hope he's okay and will be feeling better soon. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

G535
10-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here for Sades.

Felicia's Mom
10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Sending prayers and positive vibes to Sades!

Laura's Babies
10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Any News Yet?

Donnaj4962
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Prayers coming from me and the girls here in Indiana. Hope Sades is well soon.

I will keep checking back for an update.

Medusa
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. Poor little guy just isn't himself. Thank goodness that you trust your instincts and got him into the vet. Praying for a really good report.....

phesina
10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are coming from us.

momcat
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this! Many prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please let us know how things are going?

catmandu
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
THE FOUND CAT ANGELS WILL LEAVE A BOWL OF TUKEY AND CRAB LEG MEAT WITH DRAWN BUTTER FOR SADES , TO HELP KEEP HIS SPIRITS UP.
WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS FOR THE LITTLE ONE THAT ALLS WELL, AND THERES NOTHING SEIOUS WRONG WITH YOUR LITTLE GRAY GUY.:love::love:

rg_girlca
10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Sorry for the late update, but we left later than expected and just got back home about 15 minutes ago.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. :D

Well, my suspicions were right. The vet said that he most likely jumped off something high the wrong way. It could have been the bureau or the cat tree. He said he most likely bruised his back end because he was very tender there when he examined him and when he put Sades down on the floor to see how he walked, he let out a cry. You could clearly see that his back end was not working right. So he is on anti-inflammatories for one week and we have to TRY and keep him from jumping up on things. I think he knows he can't anyway, because he is back in the cat bed, where he usually never sleeps. My son has two small bureau's stacked on top of one another, beside a lower bureau and he always sleeps on the stackable ones.

Thank you again everyone. :)

momcat
10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Lorraine. Groucho and I stiil feel bad that Sades doesn't feel too good but we're relieved to know it's nothing too serious. Now, how do you keep a kitty from jumping up on things?

rg_girlca
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Now, how do you keep a kitty from jumping up on things?

Well, apart from laying the cat trees down on the floor and taking down the bureau on top, I can't think of anything else. It's just for a day or two, so hopefully he will stay put in the cat bed.

Medusa
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Sades probably won't want to jump because he's feeling kinda punk right now. I'm glad it isn't anything too serious but we'll keep the prayers going so that he heals nicely and is back to normal quickly. :)

jennielynn1970
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Awe... poor Sades. I hope he gets to feeling better and his bruises heal up quick. Honey fell on something (I think he was being chased by Zach :rolleyes:) and he was purple on his belly! I felt so bad for him. He's better now, but I have to constantly watch out for Zach being a meanie with him.

Feel better hugs and pets on the way for Sades! Rest up sweet boy!

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Poor Sades! Hopefully his injury will clear up soon!

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that he'll feel better soon and make a quick recovery.

phesina
10-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Continuing prayers that Sades will rest comfortably and heal thoroughly.