PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful news!!!!!!!

moosmom
08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
After Buddy's vet visit, he is going to his new home in Danielson, CT with a couple and their 12 year old son. They saw his picture on Petfinder.com and fell in love with him instantly. I already did a vet check and they are very responsible pet owners. I will be doing a home check tomorrow. After what happened to those poor kittens at the hands of Jay Baldwin, I'm not taking any chances.

I will miss him a lot. Have a wonderful, happy life my sweet boy. Paula didn't deserve you.:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
This is great news and I hope that everything will work out. He deserves the best.:)

Moesha
08-28-2008, 10:24 PM
That is wonderful news! Buddy deserves a good family to love him forever!

Karen
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM
How nice! Sounds like the perfect home for him - even a boy to love.

Catty1
08-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Wonderful! Buddy gets to be an only cat, with three peoples to own! YAAY!:D

Medusa
08-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Yay for Buddy! Yay for Donna! Yay for the family! :D:D:D

Emeraldgreen
08-29-2008, 01:10 AM
That is the best news! :)

Laura's Babies
08-29-2008, 02:05 AM
GREAT NEWS!! I am happy for him!

sasvermont
08-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Donna, I am so glad your boy will be finding a good home. He seems as though he has learned to adapt pretty quickly, so his new home should be a breeze for him.

I hope your home gets back to its normal quietness and that your stress level becomes that....level........

Now....you must decided your limit! Ugh!

:love:

moosmom
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
:(:(:(

I got a phone call this morning from the husband (figures) who said they will not be adopting Buddy. :(

I have a feeling it was because I told her I wouldn't allow him to be declawed. She had mentioned that down the road she was going to have him declawed and I said no, and told her all about Soft Paws.

Right now he's at the vet having a complete physical along with shots and to determine if this peeing is due to a medical issue or whatever reason.

Just when I thought it was safe to cross the road, I get hit by a semi. :(

This sucks.

Taz_Zoee
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Aww man. Oh well, the perfect family for Buddy will come along. Think of it this way, you saved Buddy from losing his toesies. They could have just taken him and declawed him anyway. Thank goodness they didn't.
I hope the vet can find something that would explain the peeing problem and get it under control. And I also hope that the family meant to have him comes along for you.

Anikaca77
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry

But you are doing the right thing, it's not fair to declaw and most people don't realize that it's baned almost everywhere.

Take care

Catty1
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
OH, Donna.....sheesh. :( Prayers that there IS a UTI or something treatable with Buddy. At least his staying with you for now will be less stressful.

{{{{hugs}}}}

moosmom
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
While I'm HOPING it's a UTI which can be fixed with medicine, I think it might be a litter issue. Maybe he doesn't like Feline Pine. In which case I'll change it. My cats don't have a problem when I switch litters. He's smart enough to jump up on the fridge when Moo tries to show his dominance.

I don't know. Maybe it's fate. Maybe he's MEANT to be my cat. Maybe it's RB Casey "Bubba Dude" coming back as Buddy. I don't know anymore. :(

Kirsten
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh no! :( :( :(

I was just going to say that it's wonderful that Buddy found a good furrever home, and now this! :(

I cannot see why some people still want to declaw their cats, it's such a cruel act! Well, maybe it's better for Buddy that he did not go there after all.

Guess his purrfect new home is still waiting out there... :rolleyes:

Kirsten

moosmom
08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Kirsten,

Things happen for a reason. He's stilll at the vet and they're still waiting for him to pee so they can check his urine. Unfortunately, his bladder is too small to get by needle, so he may have to stay overnight.

I'm glad he didn't go to Danielson. I found out from the wife that they have a dog that is outside all the time. That should've sent up a red flag.

I cannot see why some people still want to declaw their cats, it's such a cruel act!

To save their precious furniture, didn't you know that???

Medusa
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Kirsten,

Things happen for a reason. He's stilll at the vet and they're still waiting for him to pee so they can check his urine. Unfortunately, his bladder is too small to get by needle, so he may have to stay overnight.

Donna, my vet gave me some litter that is, for lack of a better description, little plastic pellets. Maybe you've seen it before; I never had. It's for getting a urine specimen when they can't get it by needle or if you don't want them to do that. If there is going to be a fee for Buddy to spend the night, you may want to ask your vet about this litter. Obviously, Buddy would need his own litterbox and it would have only this litter in it; it can't be mixed w/other litter. After he pees, you take the litter and all to the vet so that they can get the urine specimen. I wish you were closer; I'd give you the surplus that I have. By the time I'd send it, it would be too late. You need that urine specimen now.

catmandu
08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
THATS GREAT NEWS ABOUT BUDDY, AND WE HERE ARE PRAYING THAT HIS NEW FURRREVER HOME IS THE KEY TO :love: BUDDYS HAPPINESS!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Cats%20ahving%20FUNNN-Scrapblog/8df6104e.jpg

moosmom
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Well Buddy finally gave it up and it's been sent off to the lab. I'll find out the results tomorow. I returned the bags of Feline Pine and exchanged it for a non-scented scoopable litter. I also put a bigger cat box in the bathroom for him. He's already used it. Now all the boxes have scoopable litter in them. Everyone seems content. They've had their canned treat for the night and everyone is out like a light. Buddy is in my bedroom window enjoying the fresh air and the peace and quiet. Maybe this is solution. I tossed out the kitty tent that was peed on. Don't want to take any chances.

Emeraldgreen
08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm so thankful that it was discovered before he was adopted that they intended to have him declawed. It's such a horrific thing to do to an animal and it shows that they don't have his best interest at heart.
I hope the scoopable litter does the trick and that he is a 'good boy' from here on out! :) Thanks for giving him so many chances.

moosmom
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
So far, so good. I have him on several websites for adoption and have also given my manager his picture to take home and convince his wife they need a third cat.

It's nice to finally have some peace in my house. Believe it or not, Shortie doesn't like him. He's actually afraid of her. She may be short but she sure packs a punch and he knows it!!!

Emeraldgreen
08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Believe it or not, Shortie doesn't like him. He's actually afraid of her. She may be short but she sure packs a punch and he knows it!!!

LOL! Sounds like my little tabby 'Tiny'. She's so small but she regularly gives big George a piece of her mind and chases him around to keep him in line. :)

kimlovescats
08-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Donna, I'm glad things are starting to look up for you! Hang in there!:love:

moosmom
08-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Kim,

I'm trying. Everytime I see or "smell" something, I immediately scoop the box. I don't want to give him ANY reason to pee anywhere than his new large litterbox.