PDA

View Full Version : A dog's life - Now with MORE LES!.

RICHARD
07-29-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10027349

Dennis McCarthy does it again.

I love L.A.:)

Taz_Zoee
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow. LES here for sure.

Can you please let us know if they are reunited, Richard?

RICHARD
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow. LES here for sure.

Can you please let us know if they are reunited, Richard?

Absolutely.

The paper does a bang-up job on following up his stories.....just like the dog and the sheep that were lost a while ago!:)

jazzcat
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
That is great, thanks for sharing!:)

jennielynn1970
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh my gosh. Tears streaming down my face.

Look at that sweet, happy face of Kaiser! I hope they find his owner and that they can be reunited. It would be nice if someone who sees it can find some lodging for the homeless vet as well.

moosmom
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Ya did it again RICHARD. Reduced me to tears. But in a good way. I pray they find the homeless veteran so he can be reunited with his BFF.

RICHARD
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I just post the links.

Dennis McCarthy is one of the best 'small town' writers on the planet.

He writes about people and the things that happen here in Lost Angeles. He doesn't boggle you, or make you run to the dictionary trying to find out what words mean. He writes to your heart and your head.

I cannot tell you how many times I have 'leaked' reading his columns.

LOL, I don't read him in public!;)

---------------

The one thing that really peeves me is the cops in the Granada Hills area.

GH is an mid-to uppity area of the valley where people get really stupid about the neighborhood.

As you go west in the valley the neighborhoods are filled with the Neighborhood Watch Gestapo. Kinda like the condo police. They take their complaints to the area/neighborhood meetings and the stupid councilpeople burden the cops with these rules to enforce.

The cops are LAPD, BTW.

Instead of waiting until the people who put up the flyers leave and taking them down themselves, they make a big deal about it and use valuable city resources to clean up a rather benign problem.
I understand the area people wanting to keep their area clean, but they are some of the laziest dopes in the planet. They think nothing of walking over to a trash can and putting some trash in, but if something happens to fall out they won't make the effort to pick it up.

My neighborhood isn't the spiffiest, but I have seen more ashtrays emptied out in the parking lots of the more upscale areas.

When the 94 earthquake hit there was a program to help the residents clean up the material that was destroyed. They city asked the residents to put out piles of trash on the curb on certain days and the city would come by and pick it up.

There was more crap from people's garages than there was rubble. It was too much of a good deal to pass up...some areas of the city weren't afforded that luxury and for a long time some of the hoods farther away from the Northridge area had piles of shiat in the streets long after.

I can see where a flyer stuck a telephone pole could be construed as a real problem for their neighborhood!

kt_luvs_kitties
07-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Thank you for sharing. His writing just flows, he knows how to tell a story, and make you feel it.

LES here as well. I pray he will get his best friend back.

RICHARD
07-30-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_10036826?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com

:)

moosmom
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
That is the most fantastic, awesome happy ending I've ever read. McCarthy has done it again and is a credit to his profession.

I hope both Kaiser and his master live a long happy life together. And yes I have LES, AGAIN!!!!

Taz_Zoee
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Woo Hoo!! I :love: happy endings. I read this before I went to lunch and I was glad I was leaving the building because I was in tears again. Happy tears of course. This is so great!! :D :D

pitc9
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
OMG.... BIG time LES here....

That was Such a wonderful story.

I'm at a loss for words, I'm so happy they're together again.

RICHARD
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
OMG.... BIG time LES here....

You guys are a bunch of wussies.;)

RICHARD
08-01-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10062020

Third time this week!!!!!!:)

It always amazes me how people can be sooooooo great when it come to our attention.

Taz_Zoee
08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Awww, that is awesome! :)