View Full Version : Pittsburgh, welcome to the hot & humid 90s!

davidpizzica
06-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Pittsburgh is on the verge of some HOT & humid weather the rest of this week and the weekend. Tomorrow it'll be "only" 87 degrees and friday the temp will be 93 degrees! The weekend will be in the low 90s with very high humidity. Thank goodness for air conditioning and I hope the boss has a heart!!

lizbud
06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Want to trade for thunder storms,tornadoes, heavy rains & flooding?:)

Oops, gotta sign off, just had a tornado alert go off.:eek:

Karen
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
We had warm and a tad muggy yesterday, and rainy today, thanks. I'd rather have rain than 90 degrees and hummmmmid any day!

davidpizzica
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
We had warm and a tad muggy yesterday, and rainy today, thanks. I'd rather have rain than 90 degrees and hummmmmid any day!

I'll go along with that, Karen! I have to be extremely careful on the golf course and make sure I have plenty of water and find shade to rest in.

Medusa
06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
It's been beautiful here until yesterday when it poured nearly all day and the temperature dropped considerably. It rained again today, although not as heavily. It's very humid, though. No matter. I'll take it. It's good for the skin and hair. Better than sub zero temperatures and that awful white stuff that we got more than our share of this winter.

Daisy and Delilah
06-04-2008, 06:48 PM
That sounds like Florida weather, David. What would we do without AC? I don't want to find out!!:(

petslover
06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I knoww! Its hot and humid here too. I have to drive around with no air in my car. It gets like a tin can in there.

davidpizzica
06-05-2008, 03:18 AM
That sounds like Florida weather, David. What would we do without AC? I don't want to find out!!:(

Daisy and Delilah, I don't know either! I'm glad I have a new car with a good air conditioner and I have a good AC in my living room. I HATE this sticky weather!

moosmom
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Ever notice in the winter, people complain about how COLD it is and in the summer, they complain about how HOT and HUMID it is out??? Go figure.

davidpizzica
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Ever notice in the winter, people complain about how COLD it is and in the summer, they complain about how HOT and HUMID it is out??? Go figure.

Donna, I'm one of the "lucky" few that has to work in both kinds of weather! So I think a complaint is in order.

Medusa
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
It's pretty sticky today. I didn't realize how humid it was until I got home. I hadn't turned on the AC and it's sticky in here. But it's late in the day now so I'm not going to bother. It's 89 right now.

pitc9
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Add Cleveland to the list!
Yikes it's warm and sticky outside!:eek:

I feel so bad for my Buddy, the heat takes such a toll on him.
He starts panting once temps creep past the mid 70's!
I think today would be a great day for a bath outside with the garden hose!
It will cool me off too! ;)

We don't have central air, we only have a window unit that is huge and does a good job of keeping the house cool... however... being that it's still down the basement isn't going to do any of us good tonight while we're trying to sleep!

mruffruff
06-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Sunday in sunny South Carolina, 101 degrees.

Even the cats came in from the cat pen to spend the day on the couch with Mom and the A/C.

At least I don't have to shovel it!

sasvermont
06-09-2008, 02:38 PM
For the past couple of days, it's been humid and hot and NO wind. In goes window air conditioner in living room window.....then the damn humidity continues........and air conditioner number 2 goes in computer room window. I think I must be getting older...because the heat is not agreeing with me. I do believe this is the earliest date yet, for me to install the air conditioners. Global warming? Old age? Both?

I feel so sorry for the folks without any cooling equipment. Fans just don't cut it at 2AM when you cannot sleep.

I have been hitting the "smoothie" button on the blender quite often these past few days. Too bad I'm not drinking these days, as a little vodka in the mix might brighten my evenings somewhat. I am trying to take good care of my health right now....No pills, no drinking....exercise...no stress.... (no work either!)....... Just staying cool and drinking smoothies!:rolleyes::D

elizabethann
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Fenway is having a hard time dealing with this heat wave. My a/c is in the back of the closet and for me to get it, a million things have to come out first. It's too hot for me to move all that stuff. It's supposed to end tomorrow night so I will try to deal with it one more day. But poor Fenway has been huffing & puffing. I feel bad for the little guy. I've been taking him to the pond so he can get a cool dip.

lizbud
06-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Still raining and flooding here in Indiana. The southern part of the
state has dams broken & flooded roads everywere. I can't complain
about the water in my basement when I see on the news about famillies
who have lost their house, their business, everything they owned.:(

The AC has never felt so good with the heat we've had. This is way
to early to need the AC every single day.:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Still raining and flooding here in Indiana. The southern part of the
state has dams broken & flooded roads everywere. I can't complain
about the water in my basement when I see on the news about famillies
who have lost their house, their business, everything they owned.:(

The AC has never felt so good with the heat we've had. This is way
to early to need the AC every single day.:rolleyes:

You're right, lizbud, I'm worried about some heat & humidity when people in Indiana and Wisconsin are losing everything they own including in some cases their lives due to the rain and flooding there. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this flooding.

lizbud
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
You're right, lizbud, I'm worried about some heat & humidity when people in Indiana and Wisconsin are losing everything they own including in some cases their lives due to the rain and flooding there. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this flooding.

Thank you David. :) Many families are having such a hard time right now
with this crazy weather & they can use the prayers.