PDA

View Full Version : I tried it.... it worked!

Laura's Babies
01-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi PT friends, Samantha here, Laura's Babies beautiful sweet black girl. Meowmie has told you how much Boo has picked on me and even though that gots better, she still trys to intimidate me by staring me down. Sometimes she does, other times I just ignore her. I use to sleep with Meowmie every night until SHE came to live with us and I miss not being able to even go in our bedroom, much less sleep with her. I have been trying something and it has been working. I just been sleeping further and further down the hall every night, getting closer and closer to the bedroom and nothing has happened.

SO! Last night, I thought I would test it and see what happens. I ran in the bedroom, right past the ole grouch Boo. She watched me but didn't move. I moved around in the room, sitting here and there, in plain sight to see what she would do. She just starred at me but still didn't move. So I started moving, closer and closer to the bed where they were... nothing happened! I really got brave once I was right next to the bed and jumped up, right by Meowmie and laid down... watched and waited. Nothing happened. YEAAA! Meowmie, knowing what I wanted, picked up the covers and under I went! Ohhhh! We had the nicest time! I was SO happy! I just laid my head on Meowmies chest and purred as hard and loud as I could. We laid there and loved on each other for awhile and played some and just had a great time. It got to warm so I finally got out from under the covers and I laid by Meowmies pillow (with Boo at her feet) until she went to sleep. Ahhhh! It was SO nice!! I am not sure if I will try it again tonight (don't want to push my luck ya know!) but I will try it again sometime since it worked this time. Wish me LUCK!!!
Samantha

momcat
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Samantha, You certainly are a girl with a plan and it worked for you. How great is that! I'm sure your Meowmie misses you purring her to sleep each night. Go for it, sweetie. Good luck tonight, please let us know how things go, okay? Sending you lots of scritchies and lovies.

Grace
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/9.gif BRAVO Miss Samantha

Randi
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Samantha, I'm so glad to hear your plan worked so well, and I think you should give it another try tonight! ;) I'm sure your meowmie loves your visits in bed, just like my mom does when I snuggle up with her under the duvet in the mornings. :)

Fister

Edwina's Secretary
01-13-2008, 03:15 PM
You go girl!!!

catmandu
01-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Tubster Panthers So Proud Of Samantha, Says Just Give Them The Sonny Liston Stare And They Will Always Clear A Path For You.
They Are Always More Afriad Of You Than You Are Of Them.
And Boo Had A Tough Life, I Think That One Day You Will Be All Friends!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

moosmom
01-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Great job!!!! And so rewarding!

gini
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Clever, clever girl! I can just tell how happy you were by the tone in your message. Back where you belong - snuggled next to Mom!

krazyaboutkatz
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
This is great news!!!:D You're a very smart girl and I bet that you'll be able to do this many more times without Boo catching on.;)

Freedom
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
What an exciting development!

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Well done Samantha! I am so impressed by your bravery; although, as I am the one who glares at my sister Daisy, and tries to prevent her reaching the bed, I am not sure that I approve.

Ambivalently
Samantha

Laura's Babies
01-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Well, I didn't try it again last night. I have proven my point for awhile! BUT, last night before Meowmie went to bed, we were ALL in the living room on the floor within feet of each other... all 4 of us! Meowmie was in the floor with us and she just sat there and grinned because it made her so happy.
Samantha

Medusa
01-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Fuzzy high fives from the fur posse!

StarandBratsmom
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Yay Samantha! Facing your fears is the way to go!

kimlovescats
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Good girl, Samantha!!!

Laura, it sounds like Boo is finally really becoming a family with your others! Congratulations! :)

catfamily
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm so happy Samantha finally said"who cares!!I'm going to be with My Meowmy...cozy in bed with her" ;) :D

rosethecopycat
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Gosh that's wonderful. It's so important that each cat can feel comfortable in their surroundings and have their 'special thing'.
do you think you should try to carry her into bed with you and put her right under the covers?

My cats tend to know when Malfi is under the covers. He's such a small 'bump' at only 6 lbs. That is his 'special thing', his joy! And now, after breakfast he cries to go under with his daddy!

Malfi: WAHHHHHHHHH....... I can has under?

So happy for Samantha, the black beauty. And proud of Boo for not making a fuss.

phesina
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
That's fantastic, Samantha! Well done, wonderful, all of you!

catfamily
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I also wanted to add that I'm so happy Bo is still with you and you all stuck it out with each other.I know how hard it can be and sometimes it takes soooo long for cats to get use to one another.
sometimes i know we need to find homes for some...but Bo was way to special (being your mom's kitty)and he is older so it would of been impossible.
My Tucker and Jasmine were both scared of each other for no reason at all since jasmine came over a year ago and now they seem not as bad anymore...they can accually walk by each other without jasmine hissing at tucker...poor tucker :rolleyes:

KittyCrazy
01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Way to go, Samantha! You tell that Boo she needs to be afraid of YOU! :D

Dusty's People
01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
My password to Pet Talk!!!!! Well mom we took two of those Cockatiels. Them People have no Buisness with animals either. They had 5 in one cage Lisa said they keep them covered the whole time she was there. Man you should have seen Dusty and MoMo's face looking up at the ceiling. Both Birds were bullied by the other 3, One of them has Bald spots like me ( we call her Sunny). Research on the net says the Female Hissss like a cat. The other (same color as Dusty) is now named Smokey. So now grandmeowie you are also a Grandbirdie! LOL, you have Furry grandkitties and Featherie grandbirdies. It would be awsome if takes a liken to them and rides them around on his back or LOL PULLS them in his cart. Wishfull thinking I know, but he has surprised us before.

Laura's Babies
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Kevlin, I think with that orangie (I forget his name) in the house, those birds better be kepted caged up high and shut in another room when no one is home.

Can't wait to meet the Grandbirdies!! (I just may have to take a ride over there next week end!)