PDA

View Full Version : How do I.......

Husky_mom
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
get throuhg a night without you....... LOL.... (sorry about the singing got carried away :p)

I want to know how do I pass a video from a camcorder (V8) to the comp so I can burn it into a CD..... what program can I use and mostly how can I connect the video to the comp.... it had a cable like cable cable.... but somehow got lost :rolleyes: I just have the 3 colored ones....... can i connect those to the comp??

how can I do it??.... please any help will be soooooo very much appreciated

I want to burn some videos of my kid as a baby, and having them on video tape makes me worry as to have the tape ruined by rewinding and playing and fast forwarding so many times....

Taz_Zoee
11-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Can't help you with your question.
But I just wanted to say...when I read your title I started singing that song!!! Then I open it and you continue exactly what was going in my head!!LOL :D:D:D

sandragonfly
11-17-2007, 10:20 AM
is your computer a PC? mac? it depends on what ports your camrecorder and computer has. in general, you 1) cable the camrecorder to the computer, 2) turn the camecorder on in VCR mode and 3) use video editing software on the computer to upload the video...you probably already know that. :p

your camrecorder might have firewire/iLink/IEEE 1394 port (three names - same thing) that can connect to the same thing on computer (like firewire on mac, iLink on a sony, IEEE 1394 on anything else, etc). or you might have a USB 2.0 port on both of them, do you see it?

and of course, are there enough hard disk space free for video? (I'm afraid a video would take a lot of space!).

I can help more if you can tell me exactly what camrecorder (manufacturer/model name) and computer (manufacturer/model name, plus operating system version for best software).. all these little details help! :)

oh, or there is another option, I've done this before with all of my old videos, I took to a store where they have a recording machines, copying off video onto a CD - all for you. maybe you can find that business locally, usually doesn't cost you too much. I got mine for like $5 each (video and CD).

whew, I hope I helped! lol.

Husky_mom
11-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh Gina.... you placed me in such predicament... LOL.... I donīt have a clue, besides I donīt have the cam at hand right now, but I will check....

I might as well try the store and see if they can do that for me....you really made me consider tha space issue... thanks :)

I mhave a PC... the cam only has the 3 colored cables that usually connect to TVīs and an S-video output, so no USB.... just the comp has them....

I think Iīll inquire about someone doing it for me, if not Iīll come back with more Qīs........ thank you!!