PDA

View Full Version : Update on a couple of kitties.

jenluckenbach
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Vet day! (again)

1) Willow http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Willow/th_Willow5-26-06.jpg

Received his rabies shot and had his check up. Just a little tarter, we are going to try some dental diet food for him. He is 7 1/2 years old and 12 pounds. Still has his grade 3 heart murmur.

2) Fern http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Fern/th_Fern8-21-04.jpg

Received her rabies shot and had a check up. Also, just a little tarter, we will be trying the dental diet for he as well. She is 11years old now, and 7 pounds. She too has a slight heart murmur, but it is not new. Ve says she looks real good for her age.

3) Rutherford http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Rutherford/th_Rutherford9-11-04.jpg

Rabies and check up. The vet found a grade 3 heart murmur on his too! but he never had it so we are to keep a check on it. And I had felt some small lumps, right over his backbone. the vet wants me to keep a watch on these as well. He is 10 3/4 years old and just shy of 9 pounds. He is in great shape otherwise.

4) Bonnie http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Bonnie/th_BonnielookingStraight.jpg

She has refused to eat her dry food for the last 2 days (an she will NOT eat canned), so I knew her mouth was hurting her (at least that was my assumption). So she went along for a depo injections. The last one she got (before her dental surgery) in July, helped her right away to feel better. She is 8 1/2 pounds and only 5 years old. Her teeth are good and there is no tarter, but her gums are red and inflammed. :(

That was today's trip.

But I also asked about Jasper who was in for diarrhea on 8-31. he has been on meds, and it helped firm up the poops BUT she is still doing it on the bed! :eek: I know this means he still does not feel well. :( So we are adding another medicine, prednisone, hoping it will help. I got to be honest though, he is reminding me very much of Lucas. I can tell that he just does not feel good. It's so sad.

Well, I guess that is all for today. ;)

catfamily
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
It never ends,does it.
I hope Jasper starts feeling better soon now that his stools are firmer.Also hoping it's nothing serious.
They have a great furmom.

jazzcat
09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow, that was a long day at the vet!

I'm really sorry to hear about Jasper and I hope the shot will help Bonnie. :(

Sounds like the others are maintaining well and hopefully those lumps on Rutherford aren't anything serious.

I didn't realize you had so many small in weight cats. Rutherford has always looked in pictures like he would be a 12+ pound boy. I know all the fur can be deceiving.

kimlovescats
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
So now you have broken the bank, right? :eek: I'm glad that most of them are maintaining well! I hope poor Jasper's tummy troubles get better soon, and that Mommy and Daddy are able to quit sleeping under plastic again! ;)

catmandu
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I am sorry to hear about all the Vet Trips that you have been going on Jen, I have had dental for 4 Cats already and now young Scrappy 2 looks as though she has some build up.
I am a little nervous as I know my Cats are getting older and in the next few years may need operations.
I pray I can take care of them as well as you have Your Friends, Jen.

G535
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Positive thoughts for Jasper.

Rutherford's weight was a surprise, I always thought he was a big cat! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Rutherford was also diagnosed with a heart murmur:( and I sure hope that the lumps aren't anything serious. He's always been one of my favorites. I'm also surprised that he's such a light weight. I expected him to be more like my Sky who's a little over 13lbs.

I also hope that Bonnie's gums improve and that she'll start eating her dry food again. Lots more prayers are going out to Jasper. I hope that the pred will help his diarrhea problems. It's helped Starr but now Starr's having another relapse so I feel your pain.:( I think that this time Starr's is due to stress.