PDA

View Full Version : Do you know your pets sibling(s)?

IRescue452
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM
The lab story made me think of this. Do you know any of your pets siblings?

We know one of Autumn's, he lives two houses away. He used to live across town and we met when the dogs were 6 months old.

cali
03-24-2007, 05:01 PM
know them or know who they are?

Happy I personaly know most of her family:
brothers: Surge and Ride
sisters:Skye(know but never met), Sweep, Punch,and Strega.
half sister: Fly
mom: Dyna
dad: Cajun
uncle:Toby(know but never met)

Blair I know his full siblings Harley, Cruz, Jib, and Cabri, and his half siblings Gizmo and Aimee.

Electra I know OF her siblings and I know where they are, but I have never met them.

BC_MoM
03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Mickey has a red tri coloured brother named Murphy. I exchanged e-mails with his owner a year ago or so, but then she just stopped responding.

I wish she hadn't. I wanted to meet Mickey's brother. :(

BCollie_Kelly
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Aww Jess! That would've been so cool to meet his brother! Do you have any pictures?

Glacier
03-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I am friends with the owner of Franklin's sisters. She posts here occasionally as mnt_chick.

Other than that, I only know the siblings I own....Mac & Ozzy, Delta & Antare, Earle & Hoodoo(Muskwa is their sire).

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I know most of Tango's siblings. :)

Alasse
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
A friend has Scooby's brother.....but he's the only one i get updates on out of a litter of 12 :(

BitsyNaceyDog
03-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Two of my chinchillas are sisters, other than that I don't know any of my pets siblings.

carole
03-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Not siblings, but i ended up adopting an abandoned mother and daughter, and one of my neighbours, who has since left this neighbourhood, has my younger cats son,and this happened before i knew her and befriended her. :) I tell her we are cat in laws lol :D

.sarah
03-24-2007, 09:17 PM
With Buck, I know a few of his siblings. The sire owner kept a puppy from his litter, and then when they had a second litter together she kept another puppy. The breeder kept a puppy from the second litter. I also am good friends with the breeder and she's kept up with the puppy owners and pet sits for them sometimes, so I get to see his siblings every now and then. Maybe I'm biased but I definetly think I got the best looking pup ;)

I met three of Nova's littermates when we picked her out, but haven't seen any since then. Luka we got as an adult, so I never saw any siblings. Mandy was alone when we picked her out but the shelter said she had a tan brother that was adopted a day or two before her.

Giselle
03-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes, but not really.

On Giselle's GH-data page, it lists all her littermates so I know who they are and their names, but I've never met any of them. I believe 2 or 3 of her littermates have pictures posted, but I don't know anything else =/

Lucky - BYB. 'Nuff said.

chocolatepuppy
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I met RB Mandys siblings when I picked her out at the shelter. When I picked Layla out I met her siblings and her mother. I met Missys sister but she is gone now. :(
Lacey was alone in her cage at the shelter and Sassy I took off the street.

Kalei
03-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't know Queen's siblings of course cause she's a fish lol.

I don't know my cat Bobo's siblings.

And technically I don't know Kishii's siblings, but I see them alot. After I bought her cause she was the last lonely rabbit at the petstore(and people didn't want to buy her because she was not a tiny baby bunny, she was a bigger grown up bunny) I went back to the petstore to buy supplies and I realized that whoever Kishii's mom is, is used for breeding those rabbits all the time. I see new black bunnies in there once a month and they all look the exact same as Kishii and sometimes have the same blue eyes as Kishii.

I feel bad for the poor mother rabbit who is being breed all the time for a petstore:(

Freedom
03-25-2007, 09:19 PM
All my pets are rescues. Shelter adoptees, foundlings, rescue organization. So I don't know anything about them except that I love them!

I think I can get some info about Sugar's family, as she is AKC registered. I've been thinking of calling them. I also want to ask them if there is a way I can track any of her pups! She has had AT LEAST 6 litters, that I know about. She is such a great dog, I wouldn't mind taking on any of her puppies if they end up needing a home.

cloverfdx
03-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I voted yes and no.

Clover - Nope don't know any of her siblings, but there is a dog that goes to a friends vet practice that looks like Clover and is the same age as her, so we think he may be one of her brothers.

Elvis and Tinny were the only pups in the litter and they both are 'mine'. We see there breeder most weeks and get updates on their Mum.

Harri - Saw one brother and one sister yesterday when they came to the flyball comp to visit. And i am very good friends with his breeder so we see one another a couple of times a week, so i see his Mum often :).

Penny & Theo nope don't know any family now. We knew Penny's Mum and Dad, and siblings but we lost contact after they moved :(.

Charlie (Foster - most likely Foster Failure as he is not suitable to re home as a pet) - We know his Mum and half Sister. His old owners also have his litter brother and a few half siblings awell that they have kept over the years.

Yumi cats 4 siblings were dumped at the pound when they were 4 weeks old, so unless someone fostered them they would have been PTS.

Whisk_Luva
03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, my one of my best friends has Whisks little brother and my mums friend has Nut and Eggs sister! :)

k9krazee
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I know all of Kyra's siblings (since they're Mini's pups) and get regular updates on most of them.

Micki and Mini are siblings. I do know that there were four total puppies in their litter though, and last time we talked to the 'breeder' he told us that Micki and Mini are the only two left. One was hit by a car and I'm not sure how the other one died.

I don't know any of Shadow's siblings but I did know her parents, her dad has since passed on.

The cats Motchka and Batman are siblings too, I took them and their brothers in when they were babies. I found homes for the boys, but eventually lost contact with the new owners.

Zippy
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I known Zippy's brother Tiger.We got both of them together they were the last two left.He passed on a few years ago. :(
I voted no because I don't know any of Pumpkin,Piglet,Sweet P,or my bettas siblings.

Roxyluvsme13
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Roxy's siblings I never knew. She was adopted from the shelter, so dunno. Lily, I met her brother. His name is Henry (I think), and he's also a Black and Tan Pom. Skye, I met her two brothers when she was adopted from the shelter, there names were Chessmen and something else I don't remember. I met some of Gizzie's siblings. Dipstick, yes. I saw all of his brothers and Petsmart and we had one of his brothers, but he died. The bettas, who knows if I knew any of there siblings :p.

Suki Wingy
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
not one of them.

Taz_Zoee
03-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I voted no, but I do know most of Zoee's sibs. Since I got her from a breeder (I know, I'll never do it again :rolleyes: ) she has a website and it tells where each puppy went. I believe she still has two of Zoee's sisters with her. However, we have never come in contact with any of them. Last year we took Zoee to the breeders house for her to dog sit for the weekend. So Zoee got to play with her sisters and an uncle. :D

dab_20
03-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, I don't live in MN anymore, but my hockey coach has one of Molli's younger sisters. Sam was the last of his litter so I didn't even get to see his other siblings. So, no, I really don't know any of their siblings.

Chilli
03-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Indeed I do. =D
Out of my rats, alot of them were brought home with their sibling.
Otto & Venny are brothers.
Garber & Akio are from the same parents.
And Sid, Ophelia, & Pocky are from the same parents.

I met Don's sibling, and interacted with him/her alot when the two were young and not ready to be brought home, but since the other little bugger went to his/her home, I haven't seen him.

We owned Frisk's brother for a week or two, but he went back to the breeder to find a more suitable home(at the time, our home wasn't ready for two dogs).

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 07:34 AM
The only Animal I have, where I know their siblings is Mocha. My MIL has Mochas Brother Nemo. :)