PDA

View Full Version : An update on us....

Cookiebaker
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I feel like I hardly have time to surf pettalk anymore, but I do try and read threads here and there. It's been a while so I just thought I would give you an update.

I posted a few weeks back about a problem we are having with Marigold marking in the house. We started her on some anti-anxiety meds and so far so good!! She is really like a different cat now -- always using her litterbox, soo much more cuddly, better tempered etc. etc. I am so happy for the change in her, and am keeping my fingers crossed that this will keep up once the baby comes, too. The one thing I am concerned about is that she has quit eating wet food. :confused: Normally she loooooves wet food, comes running when she hears the can-opener leave the drawer, purrs and meows around my legs. She still does all that, but now she turns her nose up at it, eats a few bites and leaves the rest. :confused: That's totally not like her at all!!!

Malone & Emerson are doing awesome. Since I quit my job, Malone has settled down sooo much!! He is turning into a lazy bum boy and looooves to lay in the sunshine all morning. Emerson is still the wiggliest boy in the universe :) but recently we have been battling with BAD breath! :eek: I have started brushing his teeth every 2-3 days with baking soda, and so far no change. I don't know if it might be something in his digestive track or WHAT, but it'll knock you down! We gotta figure this out.

Also, wanted to let you know that I had my 34 week appointment today, an ultrasound, and a non-stress test. Everything is looking great with the baby, and we are right on target for mid-February. We verified today that "she" is really a she. When we were on the monitor for the non-stress test, she got the hiccups, and it was hillarious-- HIC-cup HIC-cup! :D We are in the process of getting the nursery furniture together. So, we are getting closer and I can't wait to meet our new non-furry baby! :D

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I didn't stay up this year which is a first in a long time. :(

Ginger's Mom
01-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear that everything is going well (except Emerson's breath, lol). Just don't forget to let us know when that little girl is about to make an arrival. :)

prechrswife
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that all is well. :D

ramanth
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update Anna! Great news about Marigold, Malone, and the baby. :D Thought of any names yet?

Sorry to hear about Emerson's breath. Don't have any suggestions. My two have typical dog breath but it's not unbearable unless they get into poop. :rolleyes: :p :D

Logan
01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Anna, I am so excited for you!!! :) Little girls are so special.

I'm glad Marigold is doing better, too!!! One less worry!!!!! :D

Logan

borzoimom
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Keep us posted- we are waiting for the news... lol.. ;)

Vermontcat
01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm happy to hear that Marigold is doing better.
Does the medicine she's on decrease her appetite maybe?
I'm glad that your Lab boys are doing well.
I just replied in your thread with the ultrasound photos.
Do you have any photos of the nursery yet or maybe pictures of Marigold, Malone and Emerson to share? :)

Cookiebaker
01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I will definitely try and get some new pictures of my three fur babies soon! Marigold has been so cute recently snoozing in the bay window amidst the plants, and I keep thinking that they would make a perfect photo opportunity. So I will have to dust off the camera and put it to use!! Thank you for asking. :)

Also, our nursery right now is a work in progress -- filled with various boxes, and a crib-half-put-together; patched walls; and needing the border to be put up. But I will take pictures when we get it done, hopefully in the next week or so.

And BTW, thank you so much for the Christmas card, Vermontcat! It was such a lovely surprise! :)

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Any names for your little girl, yet? :)

Also, when you dust that camera off Nala would like to see some pictures of her boyfriend and his brother! :)

anna_66
01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Anna I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you and the family. I bet your so excited to have this baby, I know I would be:)
Take care of yourself and I'll be waiting to see some much missed pictures of your fur family.

Cookiebaker
01-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Any names for your little girl, yet? :)

Also, when you dust that camera off Nala would like to see some pictures of her boyfriend and his brother! :)

Yup! We have a name all picked out, but shhhhh!!!! it's a SECRET! :eek: This is probably the hardest secret that I have ever kept in my life, so many people want to know. But I haven't even told anybody yet!!! :D

The good news is that I found my camera battery today so now I just have to charge it up! Pictures coming soon! :)