PDA

View Full Version : New Baby!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

junescrater716
12-08-2006, 10:38 PM
We might be getting another pug baby for christmas!!! Our mom said something to our dad about wanting another pug so we have been contacting multiple agencies about the pug puupies.

Now I know most of you are against buying puppies a couple days before x-mas, BUT, I would be on winter vacation and my parents would be off also so we will have a lot of time to spend with the new pup. (I checked with my dad first to see what his schedule was like).

So excited!!! I'll keep you posted!!! :D

junescrater716
12-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Lol sorry one more thing. It's a black one we want!!!

Muddy4paws
12-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Cant wait to see photos! I would suggest really researching into this, alot of BYB love christmas! Make sure they are responsible breeders or go to a rescue :)

I'm not 100% sure but alot of breeders dont breed about christmas time because of dogs being given as presents so just be very wary!

borzoimom
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
We might be getting another pug baby for christmas!!! Our mom said something to our dad about wanting another pug so we have been contacting multiple agencies about the pug puupies.

Now I know most of you are against buying puppies a couple days before x-mas, BUT, I would be on winter vacation and my parents would be off also so we will have a lot of time to spend with the new pup. (I checked with my dad first to see what his schedule was like).

OH HONEY THAT IS SO EXCITING! I know you have been waiting, and yes having time off will help alot in the transition!!!

junescrater716
12-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Yes. No worries Muddy4Paws, before we adopt the pug we'll go take a look at the kennels to make sure everything is ligit. I told my dad that he has to promise me that before we adopt the pug that we will go look around the breeding grounds first.

I e-mailed the owner with my dads permission and she said that they will hold a puppy for christmas we just have to go see him first.

junescrater716
12-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Michelle!!! I just hope this whole thing works out this time since it's a present for my mom.

borzoimom
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
That sounds great honey! I know this has been a long time coming! :D

junescrater716
12-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I know!!! My dad is calling today when my mom isn't home. :D

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 08:03 PM
The little boy is arriving at our house on the 21st or 22nd!!!

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Here is what he looks like!!!

http://2hugapug.com/mojomale4

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Here is what he looks like!!! His parents are on top the fawn and black ones. He is at the bottom. With the white stripe on his forehead.

lute
12-13-2006, 08:10 PM
he's adorable! i've never seen a pug with a white stripe down it's nose.

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Neither have I!!! It's really cute though. He's fawn/black so that might be the result.

bckrazy
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I hate to rain on parades, but I would never buy from that breeder, IMO. :[

Only a 1 year guarentee against genetic problems. You cannot even OFA until 2 years old.

Parents have no titles or health certifications. They are two pet Pugs, with unknown genetic health, who are being bred for money or fun or whatever.

This looks like a classic BYB to me, and I could neverever say I support that, ever. I feel that there's no reason these people should be breeding. There are already tons of Pugs in rescue as it is, it's sad that this breed is being ruined.

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
The parents do have certificates. They have been breeding pugs for several years and no other pug breeder has the one year warrenty. Some don't even have one! lol

bckrazy
12-13-2006, 09:32 PM
If they're the only breeder you found with a one-year guarantee, I think you're looking in the wrong places.

What "certificates" do the parents have? There is no mention of that at all.

cali
12-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I have to agree wuth bckrazy this looks like a BYB to me, there is somthing about the parents that just doesnt look right, I have seen a lot of proper pugs and these guys just look "off" to me, the breeder does not strike me as a good one at all :(

Giselle
12-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Agreed with the rest. Abort the sale now and go save a pug from a shelter. Pugs are a fairly popular breed and there has got to be Pug rescues in Oregon. I have family in OR so I could definitely help you find one. You can PM me :)

Just off hand, here's a PDCA endorsed rescue in WA:
http://www.seattlepugs.com/

Also, AKC "inspected" and registered means nothing. As far as I know, AKC doesn't inspect breeders unless there is a reason (i.e. alleged claims of abuse, I think). They're just a registry. They're just there to ensure that purebreeds stay pure (and sometimes they can't even do that). They can't ensure quality. In a nutshell, "certificates" from the AKC don't mean much.

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 09:57 PM
We don't really care if it's a "proper pug" or not. If the pug is happy, healthy and safe thats all that matters. If the pug isn't show quality we don't care. We love them just the same. We got curly at the pet store without any info on his parents and we love him to death but he isn't show quality.

cali
12-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I was refering to the the breeding itself, the parents dont look right and should not have been bred in the first place, I couldnt care less if the puppy itself is not show quality and will be fixed, its the person who bred the pups parents in the first place that concerns me.

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 10:32 PM
We're meeting them on the 21st so if we don't like the look of it then it's off.

#1Wolflover
12-13-2006, 10:34 PM

thats so neat!!! pugs are sooooo cute im like really happy for u :D

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 10:35 PM
yay thanks so much!!!

#1Wolflover
12-13-2006, 10:36 PM
yay thanks so much!!!
ur welcome! ;)

junescrater716
12-13-2006, 10:36 PM
lol!!!!

K9karen
12-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Puggly Wugglies are so cute! Congrats on your up and coming new arrival. I know you're so excited!

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Here is what he looks like!!!

HOLY SMOKES!!! WHAT A CUTE PUPPY!! OH Junes you must be soooo excited and I am soo happy for you!!!! :D :D

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 09:47 AM
lol thanks everyone. My mom still doesn't know since it's her present!!! lollllll He is fiesty she said. great, lol two little terrors in the house lol

bckrazy
12-14-2006, 05:43 PM
yeah. no certifications. and Pugs are one of the most pre-disposed breeds to hip/elbow/patella/breathing/eye problems. good luck with your puppy, you are taking a total crapshoot, but whatev.

Im kind of shocked by how apathetic this board has become. =|

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I know junes- and have before she came here- including before I came here as well.. I already checked into this on her behalf. There is nothing wrong with these people or the puppy.. Please back off..
Junes darling- I didnt tell you I checked into this. I did out of concern for you. You are a dear friend, and I did not want you hurt. It looks good honey- it looks very good! He will be a wonderful addition to your family Sami..

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Oh Michelle you are so sweet!!! Thank you!!! I would never buy from a breeder I didn't trust and they should know that. You remember how frantic I got about Curly scratching. And thats not even a big deal!!! lol

I thought the pugs looked healthy and happy. Even my best friend said so and her uncle owns one. A lot of people are used to seeing "show quality" dogs I think and if a few markings are out of place they say it's a sick dog. All pugs make those faces if thats what they're talking about.

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh Michelle you are so sweet!!! Thank you!!! I would never buy from a breeder I didn't trust and they should know that. You remember how frantic I got about Curly scratching. And thats not even a big deal!!! lol
I know honey, and that is why I checked into this. You would have heard from me by now if something felt out of place. I know what to ask, how to say what, how to get the information, and I was impressed. ( that is not easy to do with me as you know..)..

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Yes I know. I've even been talking to the breeder about him and she said he was a very healthy dog along with his parents and others that have adopted from them have said so too!!!

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Yes I know. I've even been talking to the breeder about him and she said he was a very healthy dog along with his parents and others that have adopted from them have said so too!!!
EXACTLY!!! ...

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I know they OBVIOUSLY didn't read all of the pages. :mad: lol jk :D

applesmom
12-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Congratulations on the new addition junescrater. I hope the puppy turns out to be everything you hoped it would and more! :)

applesmom
12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
I know honey, and that is why I checked into this. You would have heard from me by now if something felt out of place. I know what to ask, how to say what, how to get the information, and I was impressed. ( that is not easy to do with me as you know..)..

Borzoimom I'm starting a new thread based on the above comment. It will be titled Breeder Impressions.

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks so much applesmom!!! I haven't seen you around much how are you?

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Borzoimom I'm starting a new thread based on the above comment. It will be titled Breeder Impressions.
sounds good applesmom- .. Just because something is a private breeder does not mean they do not care... or do genetic testings etc..

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 09:17 PM
where applesmom- I cant find it...

junescrater716
12-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Neither can I

buttercup132
12-14-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah. no certifications. and Pugs are one of the most pre-disposed breeds to hip/elbow/patella/breathing/eye problems. good luck with your puppy, you are taking a total crapshoot, but whatev.

Im kind of shocked by how apathetic this board has become. =|I couldn't agree more, I dittio all your post but I don't get it, it seems like people are just stopping and letting this happen instead of trying to convince the person not to get the dog like they used to.(Not saying everyone)

Pugs would be the dog to make sure the parents are all health certified because of all the possible health problems and if not bred right you can imagine those issues worsen making it cost more for you in vet bills. Someone said ( I can't remember who)
" It's better to spend the money on a health certified healthy puppy then to pay double the cost of the dog back in vet bills from a cheap "breeder". "

Why didn't you go to a shelter?

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Buttercup- opinions aside- but you do not know what you are talking about. This breeder is far from it, and quite frankly... jeez... New members or not- you FAIL to understand people have experiences outside of this site- and this is not the first time you have come after someone based on how long they have been a member HERE.. I am also reporting your post to Karen..

applesmom
12-14-2006, 09:34 PM
It's up now under this topic Dogs General.

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 09:37 PM
It's up now under this topic Dogs General.
Ahhhhhhhh I just found it - thank you applesmom! I love your posts- always have!

BaileysMom
12-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I am a 'newer' member here and have never understood the whole BYB thing.. yes I know what goes on in them and know that the dogs most likely will have health problems and stuff but in all honesty I don't see anything wrong with adopting a BYB puppy other than the fact that you're 'supporting' it by giving the BYB money.. but as for the dogs themselves they deserve to be loved too just as much if not more than 'respectable bred pups'. They've lived horrible lives and deserve any love anyone can find in their heart to give. Don't just push them aside or 'dispose of them'. All that is is murdering an innocent dog just because it has health issues. That's no better than 'disposing of' a disabled child!

applesmom
12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I am a 'newer' member here and have never understood the whole BYB thing.. yes I know what goes on in them and know that the dogs most likely will have health problems and stuff but in all honesty I don't see anything wrong with adopting a BYB puppy other than the fact that you're 'supporting' it by giving the BYB money.. but as for the dogs themselves they deserve to be loved too just as much if not more than 'respectable bred pups'. They've lived horrible lives and deserve any love anyone can find in their heart to give. Don't just push them aside or 'dispose of them'. All that is is murdering an innocent dog just because it has health issues. That's no better than 'disposing of' a disabled child!

I have a response for this comment too, but I'm not going to get into it here.
If someone wants to start another discussion regarding BYB and let junescrater enjoy talking about her puppy, that would be great.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
I disagree with where you are getting your pup from just by first impressions on their site alone, but we aren't going to change your mind nor are we going to change your Dad's mind. And who knows, perhaps the breeder isn't actually so bad. Not everyone is great at creating websites and taking the greatest of pictures to show off a dogs' good qualities. So, congratulations on your new addition and I wish you all the best. There's no doubt in my mind that he will very much be loved and have a great home, but I hope for your sake as well as the pup's, that he will be free of serious health issues. :)

And Buttercup, the pup isn't deformed as far as I can tell. Sure, he has a white stripe on his head. So what? It's a mismark. A breeder would not cull pups with mismarks in most cases, and they also wouldn't sell them for next to nothing. Maybe a little less, but close to the same price as the standard coloured puppies. And I also wouldn't go as far as to say that she shouldn't own a dog period. That's extremely rude and uncalled for. How would you feel if someone told you the same thing? Think about it. I don't want you to reply to me in this thread as it has already gone way off topic, but you really, really need to think before you "speak" sometimes on PT. That being said, I'm glad you edited your post.

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 10:19 PM
By the way- puppies can have a "cow lick" on the muzzle and it is totally normal..

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Even in the best of breedings, mismarks can occur. That just means the dog can not be shown in confirmation. I had a well bred poodle when I was a child ( the reason I got into showing dogs in the first place....) and she had a tiny white spot on her chest. She also was the best obedience dog I ever or ever will have- . I got her when I was 8 years old, and the whole reason I got serious about dogs from her success in the obedience ring- etc.
I am not even totally convinced its a white strip. It looks like a cow lick as the hair reverses. Sometimes as the head grows, this becomes more normal in appearance.
In any reason- shape or form- junes wants another pug- has talked about it for over a year, and even said several times she hoped she could find a black one. Its her pet, and we all have the right to have the breed we want- alias the reason we even have breeds...

shais_mom
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM

Im kind of shocked by how apathetic this board has become. =|
before you go judging "the board" you need to realize that most of board now are KIDS who don't know better.

a dog can have health problems where ever it comes from. I am not in favor of BYB but whatever. I also know that people feel very passioniate about them but what you are forgetting is junescrater is a KID! so she doesn't care about our opinion one iota.
Buttercup - 2 steps forward 3 steps back - everytime I think you are getting better you do something to prove me wrong. And its always worse then before. The Majestic Collies thing, this, geez - I don't understand why you are allowed here either. Never have. OH and what about taking a pet to the shelter and exchanging it for another one - I didn't know shelters were like Walmart. I seriously don't get where your elitist attitude comes from you have no right.

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 09:23 AM
before you go judging "the board" you need to realize that most of board now are KIDS who don't know better.

a dog can have health problems where ever it comes from. I am not in favor of BYB but whatever. I also know that people feel very passioniate about them but what you are forgetting is junescrater is a KID! so she doesn't care about our opinion one iota.
Buttercup - 2 steps forward 3 steps back - everytime I think you are getting better you do something to prove me wrong. And its always worse then before. The Majestic Collies thing, this, geez - I don't understand why you are allowed here either. Never have. OH and what about taking a pet to the shelter and exchanging it for another one - I didn't know shelters were like Walmart. I seriously don't get where your elitist attitude comes from you have no right.
APPLAUSE..... Thank you...
We all have what we want. As many of you know, I looked into for a long time adding a dog into my house to compete in obedience with, but have the calm enough attitude to live with 4 Borzois. Right about the time I gave up, Major SHOWED up.. We all have to consider what fits into the household, what we want in a breed, and she has stated for a year she wants a pug- perferably black! She found one- it checks out well enough, and its what she wants and affordable. We should be happy for her- its her new baby, and its funny when someone shows up with a mix breed- strange markings and all - we "ohhh" and "aww"- but does she get the same ? From most yes- ...
JUNES- "OHHHHH"- " AWWWWW" " HOW PRECIOUS AND CUTE PUPPY! GOOD LUCK WITH HIM- YOU MUST BE THRILLED!"

TFTpwnsYou
12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I disagree with where you are getting your pup from just by first impressions on their site alone, but we aren't going to change your mind nor are we going to change your Dad's mind. And who knows, perhaps the breeder isn't actually so bad. Not everyone is great at creating websites and taking the greatest of pictures to show off a dogs' good qualities. So, congratulations on your new addition and I wish you all the best. There's no doubt in my mind that he will very much be loved and have a great home, but I hope for your sake as well as the pup's, that he will be free of serious health issues. :)

And Buttercup, the pup isn't deformed as far as I can tell. Sure, he has a white stripe on his head. So what? It's a mismark. A breeder would not cull pups with mismarks in most cases, and they also wouldn't sell them for next to nothing. Maybe a little less, but close to the same price as the standard coloured puppies. And I also wouldn't go as far as to say that she shouldn't own a dog period. That's extremely rude and uncalled for. How would you feel if someone told you the same thing? Think about it. I don't want you to reply to me in this thread as it has already gone way off topic, but you really, really need to think before you "speak" sometimes on PT. That being said, I'm glad you edited your post.

Yeah. I just read all this. How can people be as so cruel that someone is so excited about a new puppy, and they have to drag down on it. Junes, congrats on the new pup! I know you're probably on edge with excitement and counting down the days that will go ever so slowly. I've been there...lol.

Muddy4paws
12-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow, this is going so off topic.

I'm glad it was brought up that she is young, I love the way people preach on this board. At the end of the day this dog is born and needs a loving home and she is offering just that. If she wasn't an animal lover she wouldn't of joined this site. So its obvious she is looking out for the dogs interest.

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Amen muddypaws!!!

BaileysMom
12-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I want to apologize to you Junes about my first comment.. I am really happy for you and so thankful that you are willing to open your heart and home to this little guy. Congratulations. He sounds like a little sweetheart. And trust me from experience.. the 'imperfect' dogs are the ones with the biggest hearts. Just look at Bailey.. I wish you the best of luck.

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 03:17 PM
That sweet face of Bailey looks like " welcome newcomer puppy"... Man I love that face!

BaileysMom
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
lol thanks =) i'll have to get some new pics.. omg i feel horrble! i didn't get any of him yesterday! ok i'm officially a horrible mom =(.

again junes, congrats from bailey and me

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
lol Thanks guys!!! Only 6 or 7 days!!! lol :D

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Here is what he looks like!!! His parents are on top the fawn and black ones. He is at the bottom. With the white stripe on his forehead.

:D he's soooooooooooooo cute! you have to put up more photos of him once he's home for a while!!!! ( can't wait to see more pics!!!!!!!) :D

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:24 PM
I'll try if we ever get another disposable camera. lol our old actual camera broke. :(

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
lol Thanks guys!!! Only 6 or 7 days!!! lol :D
not uh that uh you are counting though... lolll. :D

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Oh I'm counting!!! The puppy comes on the 21st or 22nd!!! EEEEEKKKK!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

GreyhoundGirl
12-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Sorry if this comes across as being rude, but why do you want one from a breeder? Like, no offence, but why get one from a breeder that is mis-marked anyways? Mis-marked dogs can't do confrimation, anyways. I'm excited for you, but I really don't understand why you would want one from a breeder. :confused:

You could get one from the SPCA that is cheaper and just as good, and *might* even be healthier.

:) I'm excited for you, (but more excited for puppy pics :p )

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Because he's adorable, cheap, spunky, and we don't care about whether or not we can show them. He's getting neutered anyways so he couldn't show even then.

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I'll try if we ever get another disposable camera. lol our old actual camera broke. :(

I'm sorry your camera broke! :( But think of it this way at least your getting that black pug puppy you always wanted!! :D lol

TFTpwnsYou
12-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, she won't be showing the dog so a mismark is no big thing. And maybe they wanted to go to a breeder because they wanted a puppy, they were looking for a specific color, and they want to be able to meet the parents. I went to breeders for certain reasons myself.

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:36 PM
What TFT said. lol We will be meeting the breeder sometime next week. Still my mom might be coming home AFTER the puppy arrives so we'll have a big red bow around his neck for her!!!

dogzr#1
12-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I am truly excited for you, but I don't think this breeder is the best out there. If you want just a 'pet' pug, I suggest going to a nearby rescue or shelter and adopt a pug in need of a home. They are 'cheap' and are the ones that really need the homes. Just a thought. But yeah, the breeders dont look too 'good', for lack of better words. They dont do many testings and pugs are prone to many health problems. Just MHO...

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Pugs are REALLY hard to find in shelters especially black ones. Most rescued pugs are old, sick, and not trained. Believe me we looked.

Besides my dad already sent the deposit check. lol

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 07:08 PM
What TFT said. lol We will be meeting the breeder sometime next week. Still my mom might be coming home AFTER the puppy arrives so we'll have a big red bow around his neck for her!!!
AWW- that is sweet!

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah I cannot wait until he gets here!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D :eek: :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Sorry if this comes across as being rude, but why do you want one from a breeder? Like, no offence, but why get one from a breeder that is mis-marked anyways? Mis-marked dogs can't do confrimation, anyways.

This is nothing against you, but I'm just curious as to why you don't think someone should get a dog from a breeder if it's mismarked? When I get my Toller, I'll be getting her from a breeder and don't care if she's mismarked or not. She'll "just" be a pet. Lots of people go to breeders even if they just want a family pet, not a conformation dog. I see nothing wrong in that. Sure, rescuing is great, but not everyone wants to do that for various reasons..

TFTpwnsYou
12-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, my main reason for going to a breeder and not a shelter was the fact that I knew I wasn't ready for a dog that "may" have baggage. I knew if the dog wound up messed up that was my fault.....lol. :)

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 07:27 PM
yeah. We just can't ever find the breed we're looking for at shelters and if we did it would already be held.

Jakesmom
12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Agree on the above 2 posts--both my dogs are from breeders who show, though we got "pet quality" puppies because that was what was available and we didn't plan on showing. The golden is way too big (100 pounds) and the English Cocker has a white mark on her chest (she's black, so that would disqualify her). For myself, I wanted to raise the puppies and I wanted a relatively guaranteed temperament, which I got. Not everyone supports rescue by adopting or fostering the dogs, some contribute money or time to shelters or rescue organizations, so some of the holier than thou posters should think before they spout off.

Contratulations on the pug, she looks adorable. My only suggestion--think about who will be able to be with her each day after you get her. We got our Jake just before Christmas (the breeder wouldn't usually do that, but I begged and must have seemed responsible...) and had to go to a Christmas party on his third day, he was very upset to be in his crate. You dont' always think about all the running around that you might need to do.

Jakesmoom

junescrater716
12-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Don't worry Jakesmom I will be home with him for the next two weeks due to winter break. I know how to train the puppy to sit, stay, down, up, and heel, I can also potty train him since I had to help out with Curly.

I trained Curly so I'll be able to train this one. It'll be fine. We'll have everything set up. We don't believe in crates so we will just lug him around everywhere. lol

MajesticCollies
12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I must admit I have had a pug around once and they just have an adorable temperment. He was a Senior Foster that we let live out his golden years from a rescue. I was just always worried I would step on him. lol Congrats on your new baby.

junescrater716
12-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks Majestic!!! 5 or 6 more days!!!!

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 12:21 AM
EEEEEEEEkKK My dad said hes coming on Friday!!!! WOO HOO!!! 6 Days to go!!!

K9karen
12-17-2006, 12:43 AM
yeah I cannot wait until he gets here!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D :eek: :p

My best friend is grandmaw to 2 black pugglies, Pigskin (Piggy) and SuperFudge (Fudgie) and they are simply adorable! Your new arrival will look so handsome in his red bow! I wish I could see the expression on your mom's face!!!!

mr.chiwawa
12-17-2006, 12:55 AM
[b][color=darkgreen]Why didn't you go to a shelter?
I dont understand all the negitive karma. If that's what she wants why do you people have to be sooo nasty and mean. The breeder that I got my Chi from isnt "well known" but they are the kindest most helpful women I have ever met. And about going to a shelter ..do you know how hard it is it find a smaller breed at one. They are gone in a blink of an eye. And on another note I dont belive in my heats of hearts that her father or her for that matter would get the puppy if they had the slightest doubt that it wasnt a good situation.So just back off is it your money or your home? No then all the negitivaty isnt nesscary. :mad:
He is a beautful puppy and I hope you enjoy him...

BC_MoM
12-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Geez, it's Christmas, you guys! Let's keep PT a happy place!! If you want to offer advice to this person and try to deter them from buying this puppy, please PM them rather than starting a heated conversation.

Most of you know should, anyway, that no matter what you say, you won't change their mind.

areias
12-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Okay, I WAS going to bite my tongue..but nah, everyone else has jumped in so why don't I. :p

Congrats on your puppy, it's really exciting to be getting a new member of the household.

People are urging you to get a puppy from the shelter. I think that option should be searched first...check and see if what you want is at the shelter. If not, then by all means go to a breeder. I feel that it is the same-they mismarked pugs at the shelter too. I mean, there's really no difference, and there is still the question of health. I mean, I was going to get a Vizsla from a breeder before I got Zoie...but I fell in love with Zoie, and she ended up having luxating patellas, and I got her from the shelter. There's no predictability to follow, if you get what I mean. I DO ask that most people spay and neuter their pets though, which is one reason I'm not totally fond of BYBs themselves, as there is no contract usually.

I don't think anyone ever asked me where I got Romeo, and I didn't really say b/c I didn't want this issue. I got him from a lady who had two unregistered ACDs and bred them. I guess she's considered a BYB. However, I was unable to adopt from a rescue or shelter due to stricter adopting rules (ridiculous) and I couldn't find what I wanted in "free to good home" ads or asking around. I also kind of wanted a purebred for once, for whatever reason. He was cheap, too. I really didn't have the money to go to a wonderful breeder, and spend $1000 on a pup. When it comes time to get my dobie, then yes I will be very particular given I have set standards when it comes to that breed, but I just wanted a companion for Zoie and myself. I want to spend the extra money on supplies and such. He already had two sets of shots, too, as well as his parents were vaccinated and well taken care of.

So anyways, I think it's fine she's getting a puppy from them. If she dosen't, someone else will...so what's the difference?

Pet shops and puppy mills are totally a different story.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 01:36 AM
We've looked into puppies at the local shelters but like Mr.C said They're gone in a blink of an eye. We already sent out the deposit and the pug is coming Friday. No one will change our mind unless we see the pug and decide we don't want him. Probably won't happen but we'll just play be ear. Thanks Mr.C for your support!!!! :)

mr.chiwawa
12-17-2006, 02:03 AM
No problem Junes I got mine from a breeder and yes i paid more money then i would have at a shelter but i have piece of mind of knowing his parents and meeting them knowing where he is comming from. Who cares if he is mismarked the poor pup doesnt know he is and all he wants is a loving and caring home. I have no doubt that is excatly what you and your family will give him.
Good luck with him and feel free to im me anytime if you need a little extra support ;)
Chi hugs

Lilith Cherry
12-17-2006, 02:44 AM
He is an adorable puppy who will be loved and cared for in your home. I wish you great joy from your new little boy!

Sophist
12-17-2006, 03:12 AM
For those who are ragging Junes... it isn't even her decision. Her father is the one who chose this puppy. If she says they did try the shelter route, I guess that is good enough for me. I totally advocate adoption, but I personally currently own 2 from a breeder and only one pound puppy.

That said, I am going to join in on hating on this girl and her puppy... but only out of jealousy. I'd love to have a pug of my own someday.

Junes, congrats, and take good care of this little guy. Make him feel safe and loved. I hope you work it out so we can see pictures of him when he gets home.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 10:15 AM
:D Thanks guys!!! 5 days left!!!!!!! :eek: Be expecting a lot more of these until he comes lol

bckrazy
12-17-2006, 05:40 PM
So anyways, I think it's fine she's getting a puppy from them. If she dosen't, someone else will...so what's the difference?

Wow.

I hope you know that BYB's produce the majority of the overpopulation. There IS a difference, because less demand = less supply.

Good luck with your puppy June, anywho. I'm sure he is adorable & I hope he will turn out really healthy & happy.

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow.

I hope you know that BYB's produce the majority of the overpopulation. There IS a difference, because less demand = less supply.

Good luck with your puppy June, anywho. I'm sure he is adorable & I hope he will turn out really healthy & happy.
And I am sure he will be.. And she would take NOTHING but the VERY BEST of care for her new puppy- as well as the one she has now..

bckrazy- the fact is over 3/4 of the dogs in shelters are mix breeds of mix breeds. People that have a mix, do not spay or neuter because " its just a mutt" mentality and " not worth the money...".Its also a sick fact most "pure bred" dogs are better cared for. " ITs a Pure Bred" mentality. Both attitudes are inexcuseable- but also sad and true.
Breed rescues account for some the placements, but the fact is, the bulk of dogs that come to breed rescues were contacted from the owners- not the shelters.. In addition, a " pure bred" is more likely to be adopted.
And PLEASE understand, as stated several times now- she WANTS a Pug- and a black one..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Anyways for all of you saying that it's a waste to buy from a breeder, and that I should buy from a shelter YOU'RE WRONG!!! Most of the dogs that come into the shelter here are sick and will die within the first 5 years of buying them.

We want a pug we found one in the paper, I went online, I chose the pug my dad liked him too so we bought him. End of story. Stop ragging on me saying that I'm a bad person to buy from a breeder. I'm not. Even if it was a BYB I'd be saving the pug from there. Think of it that way.

Everyone tells me that I can't buy from pet stores, local breeders, BYBs, etc. Where are we supposed to get one then? We aren't going to go out and buy a 2,000 dollar show quality pug just so we can have him as a loyal, loving, pet, (Or child ;) ) We also arent't going to go out and adopt a sick, untrained, and old dog. Believe me I'd love to take one in but I couldn't deal with losing an adopted dog a few years later.

Pugs are VERY hard to come by and those who own them know that for a fact. Breeders/Pet Stores are really the ONLY places to find them. Not to be mean or rude but I've been standing by watching people call me disgusting and other things because I'm adopting from a breeder. I only want POSITIVE thoughts. Nothing negative because that hurts and we already basically have him. So please back off a little. Thank you. :)

bckrazy
12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
To be honest, I dont care about the breed of dog. If the parents are registered purebreds yet are not being shown to prove their conformation & their worthiness of being bred, and are not being tested to prove genetic soundness, it might as well be a mixed breed. And breeding mixes is on the same level as breeding unproven purebreds in my mind.

I have 2 dogs from rescue, one a purebred & one a mix. My Border Collie is from BCRNC, and I have fostered for them twice. They don't even ACCEPT any dogs from owners, only purebred BC's from shelters, because even with many foster homes in Northern California, they can only save a small fraction of the BC's dying in shelters. My Corgi mix had a purebred Corgi mom who was dumped in a shelter pregnant, and rescue thankfully took her in. Both of my dogs were saved from BYB's and both would be in a bad situation or dead right now if they weren't. Of course there are "better" BYB's out there, but the fact is they are ALL hurting dogs, whether that's from dumping their excess or unwanted dogs in shelters, or simply hurting the breeds genetically/temperamentally/conformationally.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, good for you then. ;) This is our choice and I don't care if you respect it or not because this puppy is our new baby. He'll live a long and happy life with a big step-brother to show him the ways of being a pug. So thanks for you're input in this topic :D

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:13 PM
EEEk Just read your post borzoimom. Sorry!!!!

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:13 PM
YOu are getting on a " soup box" that doesnt even apply here. If you want to open a thread on BYB's- go ahead, but it doesnt belong here. As a matter of fact- go ahead, because on that forum I want to ask you a series of questions about your dogs..
Enough - JUNESCRATER- CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ADDITION- AND HOW MANY DAYS is it now????? lol

bckrazy
12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Most of the dogs that come into the shelter here are sick and will die within the first 5 years of buying them.

Both of my dogs are from rescue, and they are the healthiest, happiest, most well-adjusted pups I could ask for. thankyou. =]

There IS such a thing as reputable breeders, you know. Check out the Pug breed club, they have 100's of references to good breeders in EVERY STATE.

Supporting a BYB might be saving that one life, but it also ensures that the breeder continues to pump out puppies that add to the devastating overpopulation. Pugs are part of the country's overpopulation, too.

Of course you wouldn't buy a $2000 show Pug. But for a few $100 more, you could easily find a pet quality Pug pup from a reputable breeder who shows the parents & tests them as well. Of course you have the right to buy from who ever you want to, just as I have the right to try to encourage you to look into reputable breeders instead. I would never bash you for wanting to buy a pup from a breeder, I just question the breeder you are buying from, and I would be shocked if any dog lover did not believe that reputable breeders are the only responsible way to buy a pup.

Pugs on Petfinder: 682

bckrazy
12-17-2006, 06:16 PM
As a matter of fact- go ahead, because on that forum I want to ask you a series of questions about your dogs..

Go for it. PM or you can create a different thread.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Borzoimom- 5 days!!! YAY!!!

bckrazy- Are you saying now that I'm not a true dog lover??? :( :confused:

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Junes- its been reported- .. Any dogs ability to live well and happy is in the hands of the owner, and you are a dedicated, loving caring owner of your dog- soon to be DOGS..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Thats so cool. Instead of saying "my dog" I can say "my DOGS!!!!" Yippeee!!!! :D

caseysmom
12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
YOu are getting on a " soup box" that doesnt even apply here. If you want to open a thread on BYB's- go ahead, but it doesnt belong here. As a matter of fact- go ahead, because on that forum I want to ask you a series of questions about your dogs..
Enough - JUNESCRATER- CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ADDITION- AND HOW MANY DAYS is it now????? lol

Whats a soup box???? Is that like a soup can??? hehe

Erica...my biggest problem is I think about our family and bubba, as you know we were looking for a small dog and had looked high and low at shelter so I bought from what was most likely a byb. I have a lot of guilt because if we had taken one from a shelter instead that would have accomplished two things, 1. it would have discouraged byb in our area if they don't have customers and 2. it would have made a place for another dog in a shelter and saved a life.

I have learned a lot from many people on this board, many younger than myself but I never get too proud to listen, I certainly don't know everything about all subjects just because I am older. I highly replect bccrazy on this subject, she is just trying to help the animals.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
IT'S NOT A BAD BYB!!! HECK I DON'T EVEN THINK IT IS ONE!!! :mad: The breeder offered to show us around and a bad byb wouldn't do that. They would try to keep people away so that they wouldn't get reported!!! She practically begged us to come over and take a look around so everything was up to our standerds!!!

caseysmom
12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
I wasn't implying this was a bad byb...just a byb...to me that in itself is bad. The place we brought bubba invited us in also, she had dewormed and gived there first shots and was a lovely loving woman, she was still a byb however.

I did it so I am not sitting in judgement, just sharing what I have learned.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I know all about BYBs, Puppy Mills, Pet Stores, etc. I belong to a few clubs that are against them. People are treating me like I don't know what I'm talking about and it's getting annoying because they keep repeating things over, and over, and over again. lol it's driving me crazy!!!lollllllll

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
JUnes- as you already know- out of consideration and concern for you, I already checked this person out.. There is no need to worry, and any further converstaion on " BYB's" is off topic on this thread..
Did you get your hot chocolate.. ? ( opps off thread.. lol.. ) So are set on the name " Moe"? or are you going to wait until he names himself. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE- borrow someones camera or something.. I will demand pictures.. lol..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:44 PM
LoL the name is up to my mom but it will most likely be Moe. We've been wanting a Moe since we had Curly. lol I will save up for a disposable camera but first I have to pay a fine at the library. Ooops overdue Cds. lol

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
do you have a cell phone that takes pictures- or a member of the family have one that you could email the pictures to your computer then load??? now there is an idea..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Maybe I can ask my sis if I can take a couple pics with her digital camera when we get him but I have a better chance with my dad's camera phone. lol

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
That'll work- boy what a face!!! I would have a 100 photos in the first 24 hours... lol..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
lol!!! Yes "Moe" (thats what I'll call him for now) Is quite a character. The breeder said he was very friendly and playful and fiesty!!

buttercup132
12-17-2006, 07:00 PM
We want a pug we found one in the paper, I went online, I chose the pug my dad liked him too so we bought him. End of story. Stop ragging on me saying that I'm a bad person to buy from a breeder. I'm not. Even if it was a BYB I'd be saving the pug from there. Think of it that way.

Everyone tells me that I can't buy from pet stores, local breeders, BYBs, etc. Where are we supposed to get one then? We aren't going to go out and buy a 2,000 dollar show quality pug just so we can have him as a loyal, loving, pet, (Or child http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif ) We also arent't going to go out and adopt a sick, untrained, and old dog. Believe me I'd love to take one in but I couldn't deal with losing an adopted dog a few years later.
I'm not replying on here to bash you I just want to say something about your comment about you saving the puppy IF they were BYB's. I know he's not from a pet store but I wrote this on another thread os I'm just going to copy and paste it.

A puppy sitting in the store looking all sad. But think of where it came from. Most come from puppymills. Where the mother is bred and bred and bre, laying in her own feces, fighting other dogs for food, maybe not even getting food at all, dirty or no water, never getting human attention , never going to the vet, getting beaten.having absesses wich are common because of their living conditions having the pain from those absesses sometimes not being able to lay down from pain. The puppy gets taken away from the mom early so by the time he gets to the pet store he is old enough to be sold. On the way to the store one of it's brothers or sisters die from the living conditions and not being cared for. The little puppy it'self is sick and weak ,nervous and scared. By buying that puppy you are making it so that the mom is bred again right after having those puppies.Your making it so that she has to go through more pain and suffering. If you didnt buy the puppy it would stay in the store. The dogs would stop being bred because the other puppies aren't selling.
The mom would either be put of of her misery or taken to a shelter.
There would be no more puppies dying in the cold no more dogs suffering. So to make a change that big it all gose back to not buying that puppy and supporting the pet store. Yes the puppies need homes to but some will have to suffer in order to save the rest.

Not all dogs from the shelter are old,sick,and untrained. There are programs that alot of shelters are getting into where they send to dogs to the jail and they have imates train the dog basic commands to help their chances of being a dopted better. There is even a show on it called Cell Dogs.

Obviously it would be a little hard to find your specific requirments you want in a shelter I understand that. But I just wanted to clarify that not all and majority dogs aren't what you described in shelters.

Most people on PT have dogs they got from a shelter and they aren't sick, they live just as long and alot of them are very obidient.

Congrads on your new puppy. Is the puppy on the site the one your getting?

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm not replying on here to bash you I just want to say something about your comment about you saving the puppy IF they were BYB's. I know he's not from a pet store but I wrote this on another thread os I'm just going to copy and paste it.

A puppy sitting in the store looking all sad. But think of where it came from. Most come from puppymills. Where the mother is bred and bred and bre, laying in her own feces, fighting other dogs for food, maybe not even getting food at all, dirty or no water, never getting human attention , never going to the vet, getting beaten.having absesses wich are common because of their living conditions having the pain from those absesses sometimes not being able to lay down from pain. The puppy gets taken away from the mom early so by the time he gets to the pet store he is old enough to be sold. On the way to the store one of it's brothers or sisters die from the living conditions and not being cared for. The little puppy it'self is sick and weak ,nervous and scared. By buying that puppy you are making it so that the mom is bred again right after having those puppies.Your making it so that she has to go through more pain and suffering. If you didnt buy the puppy it would stay in the store. The dogs would stop being bred because the other puppies aren't selling.
The mom would either be put of of her misery or taken to a shelter.
There would be no more puppies dying in the cold no more dogs suffering. So to make a change that big it all gose back to not buying that puppy and supporting the pet store. Yes the puppies need homes to but some will have to suffer in order to save the rest.

Not all dogs from the shelter are old,sick,and untrained. There are programs that alot of shelters are getting into where they send to dogs to the jail and they have imates train the dog basic commands to help their chances of being a dopted better. There is even a show on it called Cell Dogs.

Obviously it would be a little hard to find your specific requirments you want in a shelter I understand that. But I just wanted to clarify that not all and majority dogs aren't what you described in shelters.

Most people on PT have dogs they got from a shelter and they aren't sick, they live just as long and alot of them are very obidient.

Congrads on your new puppy. Is the puppy on the site the one your getting?

All my dogs are from sheltors and I have 5 happy healthy dogs! True not all dogs from sheltors are sick, in fact I've never met one. But a petstore/puppymil are totally different from a breeder! And this person didn't buy the puppy from a puppymil they bought it from a person who breed there dogs everyonce in while! As for puppymil pups thats different, one of my dogs supposedly ran away from a puppymil (she was extremely skinny and oveously had puppies) I feel sorry for thoses dogs and hope that one day it can be stopped! :p

buttercup132
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
All my dogs are from sheltors and I have 5 happy healthy dogs! True not all dogs from sheltors are sick, in fact I've never met one. But a petstore/puppymil are totally different from a breeder! And this person didn't buy the puppy from a puppymil they bought it from a person who breed there dogs everyonce in while! As for puppymil pups thats different, one of my dogs supposedly ran away from a puppymil (she was extremely skinny and oveously had puppies) I feel sorry for thoses dogs and hope that one day it can be stopped! :pI know BYB's aren't the same as puppymills. But the pet store puppies come from puppymills (MOST of them).

I know she isn't getting her pup from any of those places but I wanted to cear up why it is bad to get a puppy from a pet store, byb or puppymill.

That's good that you rescued all those dogs.

tikeyas_mom
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
hey
my friend is getting a new registered Pug soon too!!!! She is on a waiting list from a reputable breeder.. The next litter is planned for late March.. I cant wait to see your new puppy!.. and hers too ;).

congrats

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Please people- If you know she isnt getting a puppy from these places, then answer for me- or better yet- do not- WHAT does this have to do with Junes new puppy????? Somebody start a new thread on this subject of whatever- and keep junes puppy OUT OF it..

buttercup132
12-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Please people- If you know she isnt getting a puppy from these places, then answer for me- or better yet- do not- WHAT does this have to do with Junes new puppy????? Somebody start a new thread on this subject of whatever- and keep junes puppy OUT OF it..Because she said she dosne't see a problem with getting a pup from a pet store or puppymill and considers it saving a life. It doesn't have to do with her puppy she is getting but it still isn't right to think that way. What would be the point on making a whole new thread when the topic is still relavent to the OS. I know in my replies above I didn't incorperate her new puppy into them.

caseysmom
12-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Junes...to end my posting on this thread on a positive note...

My bubba was not from a reputable breeder and he is a love...no health problems so far (not with my shelter dog that I have had for years either) but he is a sweet lovely dog.

I wish you happiness with the new addition to your family, please remember everyone is just trying to convince you, I don't think anyone is trying to attack you.

Yes we do need pictures :D

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I agree about the pictures.. Now we need to get a camera to her... lol..

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
lolllll :D

dogzr#1
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I agree with Alicia, 100%!

Getting a dog from a BYB/puppymill or the like isn't really saving it's life. In turn, you give them business so they 'pump' out more puppies to get more sales thus more money. If you didn't buy from them, their mothers would probably be put out of her misery or go to a shelter where she will get bathed, UTD on shots, spayed etc. The same thing will most likely happen to the puppies.

As others have said, the 'breeder' you are getting your pug from isn't that great. Sure she's just breeding pugs for pets, but even pets need testing done. Who knows, he may develop some sort of health problems later on, regardless if you take good care of him or not. I'm sure you will take excellent care of him though!

Also, not all dogs at shelters are dying, old or unhealthy. You can find many happy, healthy dogs there! Pugs included! There are many pugs available for adoption on Petfinder. You just have to look!

Well, congrats on your new addition!

ps- I am not trying to bash/attack you. I'm just trying to convince you to adopt a dog instead of buying one from a BYB.

mr.chiwawa
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
WHY DOES ANYONE CARE WHERE SHE IS GETTING HER PUPPY FROM? :mad: ARE ANY OF YOU PUTTING UP THE MONEY FOR IT????????? NO!!!! :mad: SO BACK OFF OF HER AND JUST BE HAPPY FOR HER!!!!! IS THAT SOO HARD? :mad:

dogzr#1
12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Sheesh, calm down. We are just telling her that next time she should get one from a rescue or a reputable breeder instead of a BYB. We aren't attacking her in any way.

mr.chiwawa
12-17-2006, 09:00 PM
YOU MISSED MY POINT...WHY DO YOU CARE WHERE SHE GETS A DOG..UNLESS YOU HAVE OT LIVE WITH HER OR PAY THE VET BILLS WHY DOES ANYONE CARE? :confused: :mad:

dogzr#1
12-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Because it has a bad domino effect for many other dogs/breeders. It basically fuels the fire in the world of BYBs.

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Well you know what it's too late. We already paid for him. Mr.C you ROCK!!!

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I know BYB's aren't the same as puppymills. But the pet store puppies come from puppymills (MOST of them).

I know she isn't getting her pup from any of those places but I wanted to cear up why it is bad to get a puppy from a pet store, byb or puppymill.

That's good that you rescued all those dogs.
I refuse to buy pups from puppymills, cute as they maybe they benefit the puppymills, and I couldn't think staright knowing I helped a puppymill. :)

TFTpwnsYou
12-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I just went through all of the posts. Junes, just ignore the people with nothing nice to say. I know your situation, and I'm happy for you and the puppy. And don't worry I'm a mean person like you since I didn't adpot either of mine. ;) The puppy is in good hands, and I'm glad you found the one that fits perfect with you. 5 days if I read right?

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-17-2006, 09:41 PM
You guys, why bother repeating the same things over and over again? Seriously. You all know that she nor her family is going to change their minds. Yes, BYBs are bad and we all know that. I'm sure she understands the point you're all trying to get across. They are going to get the puppy regardless. There's nothing we can do about it. Just be glad the pup will be in a good home and won't end up in the shelter - as a lot do.

As far as all this "why don't you adopt?" stuff goes, why can't you all just drop that subject as well? It makes it seem as though everyone getting their dog even from either a BYB or a reputable breeder are awful, horrible people. She's obviously not getting her dog from a reputable breeder, but I'm just sick of hearing "adopt, adopt, adopt!" all the time. It's not for everyone, myself included. She's already stated reasons as to why she doesn't want to/can't adopt. Why is it that some of you have to go on and on and on about all the wrong things she's doing and you can't just be happy for her? I kind of know how she feels as I've gone through the same thing on other boards about my choice to go to a (wonderful, excellent) breeder instead of adopting my next dog and it certainly is not enjoyable to listen to.

I'm not trying to stand up for her or say it's right to get a pup from a BYB, but I think the entire thread has gotten way out of hand and everyone is just repeating themselves. You're all (well, most of you) making her sound like an awful person about this chocie to purchase the pup (I know you weren't trying to, you were all just educating, but that's the way it's coming across - or atleast thats how I see it anyway). You also have to remember that she herself is not buying the dog...her parents/Dad is.

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Sheesh, calm down. We are just telling her that next time she should get one from a rescue or a reputable breeder instead of a BYB. We aren't attacking her in any way.
well as long as you check the breeders and there not puppymills, whats the big deal? Maybe the local sheltor didn't have a pug! :)
But I understand what you mean, all my 5 dogs are rescued from sheltors, one supposedly ran away from a puppymill!

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Well you know what it's too late. We already paid for him. Mr.C you ROCK!!!
you go junescrator, theres nothing wrong with getting a dog from a breeder, as long as you check the breeders out first! :D

junescrater716
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
We have checked her out and shes fine. I've talked to a few of her adopters and they've all been very happy with the service. BTW pugs out in oregon are hard to find. We looked for black ones but all the black pugs were over a year old, sick, had diabetes or some other illness, or were way to expensive. So we checked this breeder out and it was a perfect situation.

My friend who lives a few doors down from me even said that the pugs are gorgeous and look happy and healthy and she has two girl pugs of her own plus a boston terrier.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 07:12 AM
I just went through all of the posts. Junes, just ignore the people with nothing nice to say. I know your situation, and I'm happy for you and the puppy. And don't worry I'm a mean person like you since I didn't adpot either of mine. ;) The puppy is in good hands, and I'm glad you found the one that fits perfect with you. 5 days if I read right?
OH WELL JEEZ- TFTPWNSYOU- If you are a "mean person" then I flat out must be HORRID!!! (ROFLMAO).. Three of my current dogs are from dog breeders, and so is the coming collie. Technically- so is the 4th Borzoi- out of the top international kennel in the World for Borzois-, out of the Borzoi Rescue- and she has the health problems Miss Top Breeder in the world-... Saying BYB's are bad is one thing- saying this breeder qualifies for this is another...

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
OH WELL JEEZ- TFTPWNSYOU- If you are a "mean person" then I flat out must be HORRID!!! (ROFLMAO).. Three of my current dogs are from dog breeders, and so is the coming collie. Technically- so is the 4th Borzoi- out of the top international kennel in the World for Borzois-, out of the Borzoi Rescue- and she has the health problems Miss Top Breeder in the world-... And I will say this- its a good thing the breeder of this puppy isnt reading this thread- some of you would be heading for one heck of a slander lawsuit.. I know if it was me as the breeder you were atttacking- I would.. ( hmm I wonder what I would do with all those houses....lol)
Saying BYB's are bad is one thing- saying this breeder qualifies for this is another...

Gosh you threaten lawsuites and things a lot...you honestly think you could win lots of houses from this? Nobody was attacking, why do you always think critisism is attacking? Thank god things can be analyzed without always being contrued by all as attacks.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
It was a joke- and I will edit. Just making a point. .. You never know who is reading.

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 09:32 AM
It was a joke- and I will edit. Just making a point. .. You never know who is reading.

It doesn't matter who was reading...nobody was lying about anyone, just stating an opinion.

I can say gee I went into Target and I didn't like the quality...is that against the law...no if I make up something totally false about Target maybe ...but that is even a stretch for anything to happen.

I didn't know you were joking...it really didn't seem like you were.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Well if I was a hobby breeder, I would be horrified at being called a BYB... Thats the point...

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Well if I was a hobby breeder, I would be horrified at being called a BYB... Thats the point...

To me thats like saying "were having a yard sale" instead of "were having a garage sale"

guess it sounds better but its the same thing imo

TFTpwnsYou
12-18-2006, 09:46 AM
OH WELL JEEZ- TFTPWNSYOU- If you are a "mean person" then I flat out must be HORRID!!! (ROFLMAO).. Three of my current dogs are from dog breeders, and so is the coming collie. Technically- so is the 4th Borzoi- out of the top international kennel in the World for Borzois-, out of the Borzoi Rescue- and she has the health problems Miss Top Breeder in the world-... Saying BYB's are bad is one thing- saying this breeder qualifies for this is another...

LOL! Yup just horrid! :) Well, I had to make her feel better. Some were making it seem since she didn't rescue from a shelter she was doing a bad thing by buying a puppy from a breeder, and it's not. If anything at least there is one puppy that she knows has a good home and won't wind up in a pound somewhere. That's how I feel about mine. I know for a fact I have them, and there's 2 less dogs to be owned by someone else who may decide that they don't want them anymore.

Hobby breeders are not the same as BYB. BTB's don't care about the health of the dogs they breed, they just do so they can make money. I would say a hobby breeder is one who has excellent dogs, has done the testing necessary, and just does not show. Just because someone doesn't have some exclusive kennel does not mean they're bad. Hobby breeders still care about the breed in itself.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
To me thats like saying "were having a yard sale" instead of "were having a garage sale"

guess it sounds better but its the same thing imo
Lol... well not quite.. Hobby breeders mean- they are devoted to the breed, test their breeding stock, try to breed within standard- .. Later Hobby breeders become " breed people". There is a big difference from the quality a " hobby breeder" has and a " BYB".. Hobby breeders usually only have a few dogs- nice representatives of the breed, and spend alot of time with the pups- and the pups stay longer with them as well. They understand having the pups socialized by litter mates etc. By the time she picks her puppy, her puppy will be passed all but one fear period ( the one that occurs about 6 months old) I would say that was dedication as well. Even our breed doesnt let the pups go until 16 weeks because of leg injuries that are common, and to socialize with litter mates.
Hardly the " same products.." but I did like your analogy. .. Made me giggle as yard/garage sales are abundant in the valley..

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Also cassiesmom- as I know you know- but the internet is a public forum. Its not even a personal email- its public. What is said can be held accountable. And even some emails- like that lady that started a chain email about cancer and got all those donations under false pretenses. It wasnt just the donations that got her in trouble- they also stated the use of a " public forum" as well.. The internet is now treated as a newspaper as far as liablity..

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Also cassiesmom- as I know you know- but the internet is a public forum. Its not even a personal email- its public. What is said can be held accountable. And even some emails- like that lady that started a chain email about cancer and got all those donations under false pretenses. It wasnt just the donations that got her in trouble- they also stated the use of a " public forum" as well.. The internet is now treated as a newspaper as far as liablity..

I am caseysmom not cassiesmom. I am aware of what the internet is and the rules. Nobody here did anything they could get in trouble for.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I am caseysmom not cassiesmom. I am aware of what the internet is and the rules. Nobody here did anything they could get in trouble for.
opps- sorry about that... I apologize- Caseysmom... I think I type that because I had a shepherd named "Cassie"

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 10:20 AM
There is a cassiesmom on the board that you mixed me up with before on the "I overdid it thread" just reminding you we are two different people.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 10:23 AM
There is a cassiesmom on the board that you mixed me up with before on the "I overdid it thread" just reminding you we are two different people.
OHHHHHHHHHHH.. Thank you! I just figured I made the connection because of my shepherd.

TFTpwnsYou
12-18-2006, 10:43 AM

I didn't know there was 2 either! Shows how much I pay attention....lol

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 12:17 PM
lol I'm just kind of sitting here not saying anything anymore. lollllll :D

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:24 PM
ROFL.. ME TOO.. 4 days now right????

TFTpwnsYou
12-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Ummmm. If I read correctly I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously. I think it was just for a chuckle. No big thing....laugh and move on! No need to take it to court. Too expensive. :D

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
OMG buttercup just give it a rest already!!! That was in the past. It's getting really annoying everyone is turning my topic about getting a new puppy into why I SHOULDN'T get the puppy. Well guess what I DON'T CARE!!! Just stay on topic instead of making someone else's topic your own.

If you want to go pout and make a scene go make your own topic buttercup instead of using mine!! lol gosh people :D

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
4 DAYS!!!! EEEEEEEKKK!!!!!!! :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek:

TFTpwnsYou
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I thought it was 4. I know you're on edge with excitement. I've gone through the same thing. Having trouble sleeping yet?....lol

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't sleep normally. lol I just lay there all night. The most sleep I've ever gotten was last night. I didn't go to bed until midnight and I woke up at 10:30. lol so maybe me sleeping is a result of excitment!!!! LOL :D

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Junes- I warn ya- tftpwnsu couldnt sleep for DAYS before getting pippers.. lol..

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
oh well I'm used to it. I sleep about 4-6 hours a night which isn't very much in my family. I hope I stay up then I can watch more x-mas classics!!!!YAAY!!!

sumbirdy
12-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Congrats on the puppy! I bet you're really excited!! Dad has always wanted a black pug but...having 16 dogs I don't think he'll ever have the chance of getting one. :(
When you get that puppy give him lots of kisses for me. What are you going to name him?

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks sumbirdy!!! On friday we're driving out there at 7:00 am to get him and meet his parents!!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I would bet you are ready at 5am... lol... ( if you sleep at all...)

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
yes I'm gonna wake up at 6 am to do my hair/ makeup. Hair mostly though it's waaaaaaaayyyy to long (2.5 feet) and it takes me forever to put up in a ponytail!!! Then I'll use Curly's old harness to get the new pug in/out of the car. All planned out!!!

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I know you want to hold the new baby in your lap, but really its safer in a crate- you have one? If nothing else if he gets sick in his car ride, it will uh well you know. Papertowels, trash bags, clean newspaper or a few towels...lol..
I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HIS PICTURES!

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:16 PM
good idea. We have a pet taxi but it was already used by our cat AND curly. Couldn't that scare him???

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Well he would be less scared if he felt secure- and a crate will do that if you make it comfy. A pet taxi is nice because it is closed on all sides but the front. So you could see him and he could see you..

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
See, when we bought curly it was at a pet store right around the corner from our house. But this is a 2 and a half hour ride. So it's going to be pretty tough considering he isn't potty trained. lol

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Well if he feels safe and secure in " a little den" he will go to sleep for most of it..

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm sure eveything will be ok on the ride back, but a nice soft towel might help. :)

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
yea. I made this HUGE pillow for curly but he never used it so I'll put that in there. He also might be sleeping in my room because curly already sleeps w/ my parents so I might just use the pillow as extra cushioning for him.

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
I heard if you put a warm towel and a clock with him it mimicks the sound and feeling of his mother. Should I do that also or no?

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
I've never heard of a clock, but I have heard of having a baby listen to the sounds of the womb to make it sleep, so it might work. Give it a try, and if it works it works. :)

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
No a clock is irratating if they are use to it. You will have heat in your car. I would not worry about that.
I take a k-mart towel bath size that is fluffy. Cut in half, then the second half cut again. Put the larger pieces in the bottom, with a second half on it. If the pup gets sick it soaks it up, and taking off the top towel solves the problem of it being wet. I have like 3 sets of these. Old kitchen towels work too.
I am sure he will be fine after the first few minutes cry- or stop and go to sleep.lol... Galina never said a word, Zubin HOWLED for 10 minutes then slept.. lol.. Femka was silent but she is an adult.

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah ok. I'm just now getting nervous.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
YOU AND YOUR BABY will be just fine!!!

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
don't worry everything will go alright! :)

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
ok change of plans we'll be leaving around 9:00 am instead. :eek: 4 DAYS My dad said he'll be sleeping in their room since it's my mom's pup. :( :( :(

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
May as well sleep in a little- its going to be a long, busy but wonderful day!

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
sorry the pup can't be in your room, but at least you can see him everyday, just not at night. :)

junescrater716
12-18-2006, 08:53 PM
True besides I already have a cat that sleeps on my face lol I woke up this morning with fur on my mouth!!!!!! :p

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 11:06 PM
True besides I already have a cat that sleeps on my face lol I woke up this morning with fur on my mouth!!!!!! :p
lol!!!!!!!! my cat likes to do that to! :p

K9karen
12-18-2006, 11:19 PM
When i brought my Cody home as a wee one, his original parents gave me a piece of welping towel. It had the odor of his siblings and mom and other yukky smells and he slept pretty well. He only got up once for 2 nights, then slept like a dream puppy.

I remember the feeling well! I'm so excited for you!!! *Jumps up and down*

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 12:11 AM
ok thanks I'm too excited now and it's only monday!!! :eek: This week will go by ever so slowly!!!

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 08:52 AM
but who is counting.. :D

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 11:18 AM
:eek: :D :) 3 DAYS!!!! EEEEEEK!!! :eek: :D :) :eek: :D :)

TFTpwnsYou
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to see the post the day you get him.....lololol.

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL!!! I probably won't be on the day we get him. We'll be gone for at least 6-7 hours. The location is 2 and a half hours away and we get to go check out the grounds, shes going to give us instructions on care for him, and it'll mostly be chit chat about him and his litter and her previous pups that she has sold. :D SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Thats okay honey- we know you will go "POOF" for a few days when he comes.. After this long wait, we just need to keep you calm to wait on the time to show up. Just remember he will be tired his first day when he gets home.. Thats a long day for a puppy, but totally do able. Got a camera phone set up? BTW- he " told me" ( lol..) he wants a pretty blue collar- lol... Go take a look at collars.. lol.. Give you something to do. lol.

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I can't look at collars. :( My mom's home and she would find out if we came back with a collar and a bunch of toys that aren't for curly. lol

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 11:52 AM
ohhhh ( smacks head) of course- I forgot about that one.. lol.

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 11:53 AM
yeah shoot!!! When she leaves I'll get the pet taxi all washed up and ready to go and hide it somewhere. That'll keep me occupied!!! lol

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Should I put a toy in the pet taxi with him??? I made this toy for Curly where you stuff an old sock with 5 other old socks and you tie a knot at the top and when you rip it open he has 5 other socks to play with. should I make him one of those???

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
That sounds good! Knotted socks are always a favorite of puppies. Its great on those gums..

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I think curly needs a new one! lol theres a bunch of holes on the "tail" of the sock ball. lol

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 02:58 PM
So other than getting him home there really is nothing to worry about??? :eek:

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Nothing at all.. lol.. Let him meet curly away from the house- but you know all that..

#1Wolflover
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
no theres nothing else to worry about, just make sure he gets plenty of rest! :)

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
ok. What about Curly what if hes all over him trying to figure out whats going on and he keeps the baby up???

#1Wolflover
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
well if curley doesn't seem to lose intrest after a while than maybe you could separate them for a while just while the little one sleeps. :)

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
honey sleep happens.. lol.. YOu will see what I mean. like this first one of Zubin his first night at home.. ( do not giggle at how small he was.. lol.. he was only 16 weeks.)

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Because the way our house is set up he would have to go upstairs unless we put the puppy upstairs to sleep and keep Curly downstairs. That would work. Ok still freaking out but I'll be fine. lol First really young puppy when we got curly he was four months old. This one is 12-14 weeks.

#1Wolflover
12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
don't worry everything will be fine! :D

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
I hope so. We still need to get him some Nylabones. :eek: When curly was a puppy we have these ottomans that had wood on the bottom to keep them stable. Curly started chewing on them and now they're practially falling over!!! lol

#1Wolflover
12-19-2006, 03:16 PM
thats another thing, make sure you have plenty of chewing stuff! or else he might chew furniture! :)

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Yea I'm gonna make him that sock toy. curly has one and he loves it when he gets too rowdy we just shove that in his mouth and instead of biting us he'll bite that. lol

#1Wolflover
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
lol!!! the sock is a good idea! that will keep em happy! :p

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I hope so. We still need to get him some Nylabones. :eek: When curly was a puppy we have these ottomans that had wood on the bottom to keep them stable. Curly started chewing on them and now they're practially falling over!!! lol
Also good frozen.. lol. When they start cutting those back teeth, nothing is better than a frozen nylabone or a rubber bone out of the freezer.. lol.

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Lol I just hope I have some old socks left over!!!

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Good idea michelle!!! We'll have to try that. especially with those tiny itty bitty sharp puppy teeth!!! :D

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok!!! The pet taxi is ready! I cleaned it, put a nice squishy pillow that I made in it, and I put a sock toy in for him incase he needs to chew. That way he won't chew on the gate like curly did. :D I'm soooooo excited 3 DAYS!!!!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Instead of a sock toy, you may want to put something tougher in there. I've heard of too many cases of pups wrecking softer toys, swallowing large pieces of them and then needing surgery. Since he's really young it may be ok, but I still wouldn't risk it. :)

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 05:45 PM
:) Trust me this thing is HUGE I paid no money whatsoever for it and it's stronger than any of the other toys we got curly. It's a normal sized sock with 2-5 other socks stuffed in it. I made it myself and there is no way he can rip it open and swollow a sock. It has a Big knot at the top so none of the socks fall out.

Curly can go through 3 soft toys in one day. This one has lasted him three years!!! If it can go through Curly it can go through anything. lol Plus I'll bee in the back seat with the new pug to make sure he's okay. ;) :D :)

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.2hugapug.com/mvc-004f13.jpg

This is my new baby!!!

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Omg He Is Just Precious!!!!

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks!!! I picked him out of the whole litter!!! I love him already!!!!

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Man alive- me too!!!! :D

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I cannot wait anymore. this week better hurry up!!! lol I remember the first night we got Curly. He ate my homework. lol :D

junescrater716
12-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I can't wait to go get him. Should I sit in the back seat with him in the carrier just to be safe??? Sorry for all the questions. lol

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
My dad said if Curly didn't get along with the new pup then we would take him back. :( Curly gets along with everyone though so I don't really have any worries. He is in love with our cat so if he loves her he'll love anything, lol not kidding!!!

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 12:45 PM
2 Days Huh?? Lol :d

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I really hope Curly likes him I want him to stay with us. I mean, look at that little smushy face!!!!! :D

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Just remember to let curly know he is top dog. The pup wont know the difference but Curly will. Its hard with a puppy because just care alone makes you give attention to the pup like going outside. Always ask curly if he wants to go. At first he will- later he might say " I will just stay here" or he might decide its fun to go out and play with the pup.. Feed Curly first, give treats to Curly first etc. And if you say no- say the pups name so Curly doesnt think this is " aim" at him.

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 01:08 PM
ok. So, are there any other ways we can show Curly that he is the big boy of the house??? lol

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh he knows he is the " big boy".. Its the fact you show him by just putting him first. I still give cookies etc in order of "rank". Hottie, Femka, Zubin and Galina- and when Major comes- then him.. I feed in that order too- I brush in that order- if on a leash- I put the leads on - in that order. I like Curly will love the puppy and find him a great playmate. And the first two weeks, you will be home with them to work it out. You have good timing here for sure.

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
ok thanks. I'm so nervous for some reason. lol

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 02:30 PM
just excited, and want him home. :D

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes very!!!

Taz_Zoee
12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Forgive me if you have already told this, but this is a long thread and it is full of "stuff" I chose to skip, but tell us how you plan on presenting him to your mom. I look forward to Friday night or Saturday morning to see how things went on the ride and the reveal. :D

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
lol Well we're leaving at 9:00 and then once we get home we'll tell my mom that she has a surprise. Then we'll open the pet taxi and the puggy will come out with a big red bow around his neck. :D

Taz_Zoee
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Awe, that is so exciting!! I can't wait either!! I love surprises!!! :D

junescrater716
12-21-2006, 12:19 AM
lol I'll tell you EVERYTHING that happens.

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 07:50 AM
ONE MORE DAY- EVERYBODY CONGO.. xx.xxX.. xx.xxX.. lol

junescrater716
12-21-2006, 02:02 PM
ONE DAY!!!!!!! EEEEEEK THATS TOMORROW!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek:

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Breathe... lol.. Try to get some sleep tonight.. And do not tip off your mom..

junescrater716
12-21-2006, 03:42 PM
When we were going to the library today she asked me where me and my dad were going tomorrow!!!!! I just told her it was 2 and 1/2 hours away. :eek: :D

junescrater716
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Baby Is Home!!!!

borzoimom
12-22-2006, 04:46 PM
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME here... lol :D

Danegirl2208
12-22-2006, 05:43 PM
congrats! cant wait for pictures

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
AAAHHH!!!! Where are the pictures?? Bust out that phone and get some pix of this adorable new baby!! LOL :D
I also want to hear how the surprise went.
But you are probably so busy with the new little guy. We understand. We will patiently be waiting for news on how he is doing. And how Curly is doing too. :p

junescrater716
12-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Sorry!!! We have a disposable camera and after this week we MIGHT get them develpoed and I can post them here but it's going to be a pretty busy week.

I love this puppy. He is so gentle, he is the biggest kisser I've ever seen!!! If you kneel down on the floor with him, he'll run up and kiss you soooo much!!! He is adorable.

Curly is doing fine. At first Curly didn't like the puppy and his fur would stand up and he would ignore him and run away. Now he follows him around constantly and if he gets "lost" in the backyard we'll tell Curly to go get him and he'll just herd him back into the house. Curlys acting like the puppy's father.

By the way, the puppy's name is Ollie. It's short for Oliver. :D I came up with it and my parents liked it so Ollie it is.

My mom likes him alot. When she got home we heard her say "OHHHH MY GOSH!!!! Ohhhhhh he's so cute!!! Is he really a pug?!? Ohhh my gosh he's adorable!!!" It was really funny.

The breeder we went to lived on a farm and had at least 30 pugs. They were sooo cute!!! She had geese, peacocks, cows, cats, roosters, hens, chickens, and a REALLY big dog. She has a horse too. The pugs were all well taken care of and happy looking. She had two bins which held at least 10, three-week-old pugs. There were two bins and they both had baby pugs in them. They were the cutest things I had ever seen!!!

When we got home we played with the pug a bit and waited for my mom to come home. When we heard her pull up I ran upstairs and put the carrier on the bed with Ollie inside it so that when she went upstairs to change she would see a little pug in a crate sitting on her bed. It was really cool.

The names we went through before landing on Oliver (Ollie) were:
Otto, Louie, Moe, Larry, William, Gomez, and Oscar. I liked Ollie the best out of all of them. lol he didn't look like a William, Gomez, or Oscar.

Well I think I've written enough!!! lol :D

Flatcoatluver
12-22-2006, 11:43 PM
The breeder we went to lived on a farm and had at least 30 pugs. They were sooo cute!!! She had two bins which held at least 10, three-week-old pugs. There were two bins and they both had baby pugs in them. They were the cutest things I had ever seen!!!

30 pugs! :eek: She has other puppies from a different litter there too! :eek: Sounds like a puppy mill to me. I am sorry. But that is just way to sad.

junescrater716
12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
No she breeds HER OWN dogs. The baby pugs were from her dogs. And 30 isn't alot when you live on a farm and breed them. As long as their healthy and happy does it really matter?

Flatcoatluver
12-22-2006, 11:53 PM
No she breeds HER OWN dogs. The baby pugs were from her dogs. And 30 isn't alot when you live on a farm and breed them. As long as their healthy and happy does it really matter?

I live on the farm, my family used to breed dogs, we never had anything close to 30 dogs!!! Even if she bred her own dogs, she can still be a puppy mill. I don't even think you know what a puppy mill is. You can't prove the pup is going to be healthy when the parents don't even have a genetic testing done.

junescrater716
12-22-2006, 11:56 PM
30 pugs! :eek: She has other puppies from a different litter there too! :eek: Sounds like a puppy mill to me. I am sorry. But that is just way to sad.

Okay really when you think about it every breeder is either a BYB, a puppy mill, or something else. You can't be a "professional breeder" What makes you a professional anyway? To me it's someone who knows the breed, what illnesses they are attracted to, and a passion for the breed and that is EXACTLY what this lady has. So you know what I don't care what you think of her because I have a really great puppy with a great personality and a love for life because of her. :mad: :mad: :mad:

junescrater716
12-22-2006, 11:57 PM
BTW I do know what a puppy mill is thank you very much.

applesmom
12-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I'd have to agree that this wonderful "breeder" has all the earmarks of a puppy mill. So much for the idea of checking breeders out through phone conversations. At least it sounds like the dogs are pretty well taken care of other than being bred to death.

However, what's done is done! And little Ollie has found a wonderful loving home where he will be well cared for. All we can do now is hope that he is healthy and that all the other pups in those bins are also healthy and are as lucky as Ollie was in finding a great home rather than be kept as breeding stock.

junescrater716
12-23-2006, 12:02 AM
They are healthy, it's not a puppy mill if the dogs are healthy.

Taz_Zoee
12-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Welcome to your furever home Ollie!! I am sure you will have a wonderful, fun-filled life there with Curly and the humans who love you!! :) No matter where you came from you are an adorable puppy. :p
I can't wait to watch you grow up. Maybe one of the humans in the house will get a digital camera for Christmas!! hee hee :D

junescrater716
12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
LOL!!! Thanks Taz! He is in bed now. :( I want him to come out and play some more!!! lol :D

Taz_Zoee
12-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Awwe, he's a pooped puppy. :p Well, you will have plently of time to play and love on him over your winter break. :) He is very lucky to have such a great sis!! :D

mr.chiwawa
12-23-2006, 02:32 AM
I live on the farm, my family used to breed dogs, we never had anything close to 30 dogs!!! Even if she bred her own dogs, she can still be a puppy mill. I don't even think you know what a puppy mill is. You can't prove the pup is going to be healthy when the parents don't even have a genetic testing done.I'd have to agree that this wonderful "breeder" has all the earmarks of a puppy mill. So much for the idea of checking breeders out through phone conversations. At least it sounds like the dogs are pretty well taken care of other than being bred to death.

However, what's done is done! And little Ollie has found a wonderful loving home where he will be well cared for. All we can do now is hope that he is healthy and that all the other pups in those bins are also healthy and are as lucky as Ollie was in finding a great home rather than be kept as breeding stock.

LADIES LADIES LADIES.....MUST I REALLY GO DOWN THIS ROAD AGAIN ESPICALLY SOO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS? BUT I SUPPOSE I WILL WHERE AS YOU MUST RAIN ON JUNES PARADE. DID YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THE PUPPY?...NO! ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR ANY OF THE VET BILLS REGARDLESS OF WEATHER ITS HEALTHLY OR NOT?...NO!!! SO WHY DO YOU CARE?...DO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO FEED IT?...NO IN THE BOOK OF THE BOTH OF YOU THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "REPITUABLE" BREEDER AND IT SEEMS AS IF THE ONLY WAY SOMEONE CAN GET AN A++ IN YOUR BOOK IS IF YOU ADOPT FORM A SHELTER WHICH STILL HAS NO HEALTH GRANETEES. SO I GUESS MY QUESTION TO YOU WHICH YOU WONT ANSWER BUT WILL SKIRT AROUND IS WHY DO YOU CARE SOOO MUCH WHAT ANOTHER PERSON DOES WITH THERE MONEY?.....THIS FEED WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSITVE AND SUPPORTIVE OF JUNES AND HER NEW PUPPY WEATHER SHE GOT IT FROM A SHELTER OR FROM MARS. SOO PLEASE BACK OFF AND LET WHATS BE BE!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :mad: :D

mr.chiwawa
12-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Oh And I Almost Forgot Flatcoat Junes Isnt As Stupid As You May Think She Is Well Aware Of What A Puppy Mill Is. And Your Were Kind Of Rude In A Witchy Kind Of Way To Imply Otherwise. :d

bckrazy
12-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Mr. Chiwawa, you're being pretty rude & condescending. Flatcoat & Applesmom showed their concern in a very civil way. This IS a public forum, and people are entitled to their own polite opinions without being berated by you, thanks. People who are involved in rescue and really involved in their particular breed (showing, rescuing, breeding responsibly) DO have to clean up after the messes that mills & BYB's leave... don't think that buying one puppy doesn't create a ripple affect. It does. A breeder who does health testing & shows the dog & strives to actually improve their breed is NOT impossible to find, it's actually pretty easy with most breeds. Just stop by a show or trial, or talk to a breed club & they're right there!

I agree that with 30+ Pugs & 3 litters at one time, those are the stats of a miller, not a "hobby breeder". Hobby breeders have a few dogs & breed minimally. A puppy mill does not have to have sick dogs in tiny cages to be a mill. The idea of a puppy mill is to pump out pups from untested/unshown "pet quality" parents with the goal of making money being #1. However, it is great that the dogs are being well cared for.

Congrats on your puppy. =] I'm glad he's healthy & happy and he's in a loving home.

Pam
12-23-2006, 05:35 AM
If you want just a 'pet' pug, I suggest going to a nearby rescue or shelter and adopt a pug in need of a home. They are 'cheap' and are the ones that really need the homes.

Dogzr#1, this puppy has already been born and also needs a home. Why do you say a pug from a shelter REALLY needs a home. I fail to see the difference.

I just don't understand how some of you can be so harsh to someone who comes on here to post about how excited she is. A simple definition of a BYB would be sufficient and then just let it go. She obviously loves this little dog so why do you continue to beat up on her? She will be the one raising this little one.

My first dog came from a pet shop and my second dog came from a BYB. I didn't know anything about how to select a proper breeder back then, but I can tell you these dogs were smart, healthy and got me hooked on this breed. They represented the breed well, and both lived into their teens, the second one making it to 17.

June I am thrilled for you. I haven't read through the rest of these posts because I just couldn't stand the way people were taking the air out of your balloon. I look forward to meeting your new puppy. I have a secret closet desire to own a pug as many people on this board know. :)