PDA

View Full Version : Look at my babies :)

aly
05-18-2002, 10:32 PM
These are my new fosters:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pa7a30543e90d11f8e7842cc0d42097a2/fdba0ed9.jpg

Hope
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p0e956448eaa84ad22820056b642b3f78/fdba0ed7.jpg

Faith
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pe3811a6e7b2c036edd7824429727ad22/fdba0eda.jpg

sasvermont
05-18-2002, 11:18 PM
Aly, thoses kittens are SO DARN tiny. No wonder they are on 2 hour feeding. Awwwwwww. The are sweet...... I am envious....

More pics please....

:)

AmberLee
05-18-2002, 11:33 PM
So adorable!!! {{{Aly}}} -- wow! What tiny, sweet babies. I can't quite imagine an every two hour feeding schedule. You are very dedicated. But, what sweet adorable darlings. I'm very impressed.

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Wow, what cute kittens. They are so tiny. How old are they?

aly
05-18-2002, 11:54 PM
They're about a week old. All they do is cry, cry, cry, cry, cry. They're not taking the bottle well so I am feeding them with syringes. I am going to get a better bottle from the shelter tomorrow.

My cat is very upset that they are here but she will get over it. The dogs are very intrigued by these babies. They sit by me and watch me feed them :)

I will post more pics either sometime in the middle of the night or tomorrow. I'm going to run and get an hour of sleep so I can be up for the next feeding time. I will keep you guys updated on the little boogars.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-19-2002, 12:30 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Aly please give those sweet little babies a big kiss right on their sweet little kitty faces for me PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!
OH I JUST LOOOOVEEE THEM!!!!!

TheAntiPam
05-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Ah yes, the every-two-hour feedings - and the crying - anyone who has raised orphan kittens will remember that well! And isn't it amazing how sharp those tiny baby teeth and claws can be - like little razors! So be very careful, Aly - or you will have permanent scars to remember these two sweeties by.

If you haven't tried this already, put a hot water bottle (wrapped in a towel) in with the babies - that made my Winston (then age 2 weeks) much happier, and he stopped crying so much.

Rub those little pink tummies for me - Aly, you have one of the sweetest jobs in the world and you do it so well!

lynnestankard
05-19-2002, 11:59 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!

Aren't they the most adorable furbabies - oh so cute and tiny and pink tummies!! Cuteness Overload!

Aly your doing a wonderful job - good on you.:)

To add to The AntiPam - when you wrap a hot water bottle in the towel if you can put a ticking clock in as well - it seems to soothe them quicker - like a heartbeat!!

Good Luck Aly {{{{{{{xx}}}}}}}

Lynne

rg_girlca
05-19-2002, 01:07 PM
Well this certainly made my day seeing those sweet adorable precious new little furbabies. Gosh i want to get a new kitty now.

Thank you Aly for making my day. I really needed it.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Oh, what sweetness!!! Babies!!! I miss having baby kitties around!!! I haven't seen any that tiny since my Leonardo was a tiny one. He couldn't handle the bottle either. It was too big. I used an eye dropper to feed him. That was 12 years and 15 pounds ago. :eek: :)

tuxluvr
05-19-2002, 04:23 PM
awwww. what sweet tiny beebees! They look like they might have markings similar to Heather's TattyBogles & Max when they grow up..

It looks like they are healthy and responding to your TLC....what do you feed a kitten that tiny? smoochies!

aly
05-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Guess what? I ended up with three new 4 week old babies today. I didn't have the heart to tell the people to take them to the city shelter where they would definately be euthanized. They are BEAUTIFUL! I will post pics of them later tonight. For now, I have to go take a nap because I am EXHAUSTED!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Wow! You sure are a dedicated furmom. I can't wait to see more pics.http://bestsmileys.com/cats/catbouncy.gif

aly
05-20-2002, 01:16 AM
I can't take pictures right now because they are all dead asleep and if I wake one up, they will all start crying :rolleyes: I have to rename Faith and Hope because I found out one of them is probably a boy. I had a feeling that was the case. I worked with them very hard today and finally got them used to the bottle. They take it pretty well now.

There are 2 females and a male in the group of my new kittens. I can't wait for you guys to see them :)

lynnestankard
05-20-2002, 03:04 AM
Us guys can't wait either Aly!!!:D

Couldn't the boy be called Hope? 'Cos with you as his Mummy he has lots of that. xxx

Lynne

Heather Wallace
05-20-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
[B]awwww. what sweet tiny beebees! They look like they might have markings similar to Heather's TattyBogles & Max when they grow up..]

Yes your right, they have similar markings don't they?

aly
05-20-2002, 11:03 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p5a687b0ba2466b7341698c5ce4e44150/fdb8c500.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p6a919eb9fe50b3280abca4cde42dce9b/fdb8c501.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pa3d6cda9142fa712337087a1dacf37bc/fdb8c53e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p0cd6754db383bd261dabc8d548600411/fdb8c53f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pa9b7866f3cd12d2fb6d7528bd7cba0d2/fdb8c568.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pe7045cf6db1a80a9bb19506a0d28683f/fdb8c564.jpg

Lando
05-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Wow! They are tiny. It reminds of the time when I had to foster two kittens that were only 6 days old for a couple of days.

jennifert
05-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Oh Aly, they are so precious!! Two of the new ones look so much bigger than the other one?
How do you find the time? Holy mackerel!!

Lachesis
05-20-2002, 11:32 AM
What cuties!!!!

luckies4me
05-20-2002, 11:37 AM
I love your kitties!!!!!!! I just got a 2 week old kitten in yesterday that someone brought to me in a paper bag. He was found down at the river. His mommy was a stray and all other kittens were lost to a dog. :( He is on 2 hour feedings. Just to let you know, your first kittens are older than a week old, kittens eyes open when they are two weeks.;) Youmentioned that you are feeding with a syringue? Is this a tube syringue or just squirting milk into their mouth. Tube feeding must be done by someone who is experienced or you can risk placing the tube into the lungs instead of the stomach which would kill the kittens!:eek:

wolflady
05-20-2002, 11:42 AM
HOW PRECIOUS!!!

{{{Aly & kittens}}}
How wonderful that these precious little babies have such a great fur-foster-mom!! No doubt they're in good hands:D I can imagine how exhausted you must be, but what a rewarding experience!!! Cuteness overload!!! Do keep us posted on their progress!!! Try and get some rest!
**hugs**

maxx's mom
05-20-2002, 11:49 AM
They are so precious!!!:D :D Thank goodness there are people in this world like you who are willing to take the time and love to care for these orphaned little furbabies. God bless you!:)

aly
05-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jennifert
How do you find the time? Holy mackerel!!

I'm lucky to be able to bring them all to work to keep up with their feedings. Other than that, I had to cut my sleeping time in half to make more time, hehe.

aly
05-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Just to let you know, your first kittens are older than a week old, kittens eyes open when they are two weeks.;)

Youmentioned that you are feeding with a syringue? Is this a tube syringue or just squirting milk into their mouth. Tube feeding must be done by someone who is experienced or you can risk placing the tube into the lungs instead of the stomach which would kill the kittens!:eek:

I dunno. Someone at work told me they were between 7 and 10 days old when I first got them on Saturday. (I just read that they are open anytime between 9 and 14 days old so they are probably about a week and half old).

I have been taking care of babies for a long time at work and would never do anything if I didn't know how to do it. I was just squirting milk in their mouths with a syringe but they are on a bottle now. Trust me, they are spoiled and I have my vet and also the techs at work that I can reach by phone in a matter of seconds.

aly
05-20-2002, 12:00 PM
I have a question. My little babies aren't pooping. I make them pee after every feeding but they won't poop. I think they're constipated from the change of mama's milk to formula. Anyone know how long I should give them before taking them to a vet? I'm gonna drop by work today and see if anyone can do it, but no one could yesterday so I'm not too hopeful.

K9karen
05-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Ok, Aly, You got me! I am so behind in Pet Talk, esp; the Dog threads, feeling so out of the loop and behind with everyone's stories, BUT I just HAD to check out your post and I am so HOOKED on these little kitties!!! OMG They are just soooo cute and adorable and fuzzy and . PINK! God Bless You as always for your compassion and caring and love! Up every 2 hours? I'll bet as tired as you are, you really aren't complaining at all, huh??? I remember when I got Cody, i got uo every 2 hours to take him out whether he wanted to or not, lost lots of sleep, but it was worth it in the end. No regrets. Boy! Would I love to visit you some day! You're closer than Best Friends !! :D :D :D Love you girl, Aly the Angel!

Kirsten
05-20-2002, 12:10 PM
Aly, these babies are soooo cute! :) How tiny they are!!! And they have such beautiful names! :)

I think Hope is okay for a boy, I wouldn't rename him...

Kirsten

aly
05-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Oh yeah I have another question. For the 4 week old kittens, is crystal litter okay? I know its best for them to have pellets but I dont have any of that right now. I know they experiment with eating the liter when they are babies and don't know if I should put crystal liter in with them.

*yawn*

Kirsten
05-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by aly
I have a question. My little babies aren't pooping.

Are you rubbing their little bellies after nursing? This should stimulate their bowel movements. Cats are licking their babies bellies for that effect...

Kirsten

lizbud
05-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Aly,

About the babies not pooping. Don't you have to
kinda do what a Momma kitty would do and just
rub & massage their tummies after they eat?
Think I read that somewhere. God Bless you &
Best of Luck with the wee ones.

aly
05-20-2002, 12:19 PM
Yes, I do rub their bellies (thats how I make them pee), but they won't poop. I keep rubbing for awhile after they pee and still nothing happens.

sasvermont
05-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Aly, I would call your vet for sure - and ask them. I think the massaging thing will do it....but if not, they must poop. Exercise may help a bit too.....I think their Mom would probably lick their...well, what can I say....the anus.....and that stimulates the process. I suspect a soft cloth on the finger might do the same thing.

Hope all runs smoothly for you.

Keep up those photos. I just love them.

And bless your soul for taking care of such tiny creatures!

:)

aly
05-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I think their Mom would probably lick their...well, what can I say....the anus.....and that stimulates the process. I suspect a soft cloth on the finger might do the same thing.

Thats how I've been doing it. I use a damp warm cloth and rub them catching the pee with the cloth. Then when they're done peeing, I keep rubbing and nothing happens :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 05:29 PM
Ok, Aly, you're not playing fair now. ;) :D I was just about to leave for home but thought I'd read one more thread, and here I sit, grinning away at your tiny little creatures. They are sooooooo cute!!! I want a kitten so bad <pouting> but Terry says two are enough. Ok, so I don't need two hour feedings, but you sure are a dear to put out such an effort for these little darlings. I have nothing to offer in the making them poop department, but I know with the resources you have on hand you'll get it figured out soon and they'll be growing so fast. I can't believe the difference between the two week olds and the 4 week olds. What a difference that two weeks makes when they are so young.

Oooohhhh I've got the kitten craze again!!! Thanks for sharing!!!:D

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2002, 07:00 PM
All the babies are sooo adorable ( and I am not a huge cat fan :) ) If they would stay that small and cuddley I might ignore my allergies and get me some...

You are such a wonderful person for opening your heart and home to so many animals in need. I'm sure they all thank you :)

aly
05-20-2002, 08:51 PM
My little boy pooped!!!! YAy! I got him to do it myself. Still no luck on the girl.

Oh yeah and when I stopped by work, they gave me ANOTHER kitten. This one is a little younger than my 4 week olds, but we put him (or her? - don't know yet) in with them and they're all curled up sleeping together. More pics to come. For now I have to go prepare bottles :)

tuxluvr
05-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh, Aly, you are such a good mommy!

I was grinning while reading about the 'poop patrol' you've been on - it reminded me of my own "poop watch" after Ritzy's spay surgery - she was sick because she ate all the fur off one of her toy mice during her pre-surgery required fasting period...I had to make sure all that blue-furry poop made it out of her system...

Good luck with the sweet babies - there is a star on a crown somewhere in heaven for you and those like you :D:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by aly
My little boy pooped!!!! YAy! I got him to do it myself.

Congratulations!!! Reading this out of context someone might wonder what goes on here at Pet Talk, but we know, and we know it's a small victory, but also a big one! Here's hoping the little girl follows suit soon. :D

And can't wait to see more pictures. I just love itty bitty kitties. :D

yorkster
05-20-2002, 09:40 PM
So cute :) and tiny to be motherless :(
How old?

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2002, 12:59 AM
I just loved the new pics Aly. I can't wait to see more. :D Like everyone else, I'm also a big fan of kittens.http://hstrial-rknouse.hssites.com/files/1_gif01.gif

lynnestankard
05-21-2002, 03:39 AM
Sorry to be late back Aly - the new pics are wonderful - you do know don't you that YOU are responsible for all us Mums out here going through the 'Kitten Kitten Kitten - I need a kitten Syndrome'??!!
So pleased the baby furboy (Hope?!) has pooped - fingers crossed that the little baby furgirl has obliged by now!!
Your doing a wonderful (exhausting??!) job and hope your getting rest whenever you can.

{{{{{Aly}}}}}

Lynne

Gio
05-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Aly they're precious. One of the bigger ones looks like my Maya.....memories! And I love the picture with Reece :D You have a great little helper there!

aly
05-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Here is the first picture of Clover, the new kitty that was added yesterday. Turns out he is a boy when I thought he was a girl. The people at work told me to keep his name Clover though because that could work for a boy too. What do you guys think?

Let me tell you, if there was any kitten in the bunch that I would keep, it would be Clover. I love them ALL soooooooo much and am waaaaaay too attached to them but Clover is such a little cuddler. When I take the kitties out to play, they all run around me playing but all Clover wants to do is curl up in my lap or on my chest http://www.plauder-smilies.de/love/biggrinlove.gif

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pa118f0de54eb537b97d539bca8377c16/fdb77fa9.jpg

aly
05-21-2002, 08:20 PM
krazyaboutkatz - If I kept Clover then I'd have one that looks like Storm and one that looks like Pepper :D

wayne0214
05-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Aly, you are doing a great job. In all of my kitten experience, this is one area that I have not been able to do, mostly because I have never received any abandoned new-born kittens to care for. And besides, I wouldn't have the time to do that kind of work. and especially being on a 2-hour feeding schedule! It takes a dedicated person such as yourself to accomplish all of this.

Although all of my kittens are 3 weeks older than yours, now, I have to be careful whenever I go into their area. If they are hungry, they will all begin to follow me around (a complete pride of kittens) and cry consistantly until I feed them. Also, that one has to be careful where walking or stepping, because little kittens are notorious for getting around your feet, and consequently their little paws and tails usually get stepped on. Of course, there is a soft rug in their area, and I am not a large person, so that there has been no injuries. During feeding (they get canned Friskies food) They remind me of a school of piranhas on a feeding frenzy, because when they are done, the bowl is licked clean -I mean there is nothing left.:eek: And their food intake is unbelievable for 4 week old kittens! Then I can eat in peace after all of my furkids are fed. The kittens then go fast asleep in the corner or under their hung-up blanket in the middle of the floor with one of the (2) moms(Blue and Cookie) watching over them.:)

..........wayne

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Aly, I think you should keep Clover. I also think you should keep the name Clover. I wish I had Storm as a kitten. He was about 1-2 years old when I adopted him. The vet thinks he was younger than 2 though. Clover sure is a cutie pie.http://bestsmileys.com/cats/catbouncy.gif

aly
05-22-2002, 02:00 AM
Oh my gosh. It just took me 3.5 hours but I completely cleaned out everything because my older kitties have fleas. I gave them all baths in baby shampoo and picked fleas off of them. Then I'd wrap them in towels and hold them until they were bone dry. I kept putting the towels in the dryer so they'd be warm to dry the kitty faster. Then I gave them all a bottle and tucked them in Reece's bed with Reece. I scoured their litter box and completely changed out their beds. I also vacuumed. Now I am hoping to not see anymore fleas!!!!!! I don't want my two little babies to get any.

I am seriously considering naming the orange and white male Julius (the second, hehe). I'm still trying to think of names for the two calico females and the two itty bitty babies.

I wish you guys could have seen/felt/smelled my kitties before and after their baths. HUUUUUUUUUGE difference!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Wow!! :eek: You really are a dedicated mom! But I guess you have to be when you have such little ones - and so many of them. Hopefully you got some time for sleep in there too. ;) And I wish I could have seen/felt/smelled them before and after too. It's been a long time since I've held a kitten. <pouting, again> :)

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2002, 05:14 PM
Clover is so adorable!!! He reminds me of Smokey, my aunts cat that I adored when I was younger :) Looks like a keeper to me!!

aly
05-23-2002, 03:03 AM
Reece being Mr. Mom to the kitties:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p5453922b47ed5097537968fa0dae0b6b/fdb69e66.jpg

The four older kitties playing:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p1c206884846444690421b9475770d409/fdb69e65.jpg

Little Clover:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p83b38df19caf069d61d9b9743deec687/fdb69e64.jpg

Reece cleaning Jade:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pa6bd1c1131c8c5c9e2efc48abb4cc3e2/fdb69e0f.jpg

lynnestankard
05-23-2002, 03:33 AM
Oh Goodness Aly - those pics., are just sooooo lovely. Isn't Reece the most wonderful foster-mummy!LOL. That three and half hour marathon of washing sounds a bit like fun to me!! Those babies all warm and smelling real kitten smell - oooohhhhh I'm so jealous :p !! Your such a mega-mummy - remember grab a bit of rest now and then!:D

Wayne - your babies sound wonderful too - I've got a mental picture of you with your pride of kitties following at your heels!!:D
When they feed do some of them actually get IN the bowl with the food? We had a baby who did that once - ROTFL - but when he finally came out all the others used to clean all the food off him - then Mum stepped in and made doubly sure her baby was a clean boy!! Oh the memories - thanks for re-kindling them.

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2002, 09:30 AM
Oh, Aly, those pictures are sooooo cute!!! Reece is just the perfect foster mommy, I can't believe it. And the kittens seem to adore her too. Even though it's a lot of work, I envy you the fun you must be having with all these little ones. How are the tiny, tiny babies doing? Hopefully the girl has pooped by now? Keep the pictures and stories coming.....when you get a chance that is. :)

aly
05-23-2002, 10:01 AM
THE GIRL POOPED AT 4AM THIS MORNING AND THE BOY POOPED AGAIN RIGHT AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/party/partytime.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/party/party.gif
http://216.40.201.38/otn/animals/twister.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/animals/ride.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/animals/jigga.gif

I've been so worried about them! I am glad the girl finally went. I was talking to a girl at work yesterday and she said it took her bottle baby she has now a week and a half to regulate and that she expected mine would start to regulate soon. I am going to call them up at work and tell them the good news :D

I changed Clover's name. I want to name the four older kitties all J names so I named the orange and white male Julius, the dilute calico Jade, the calico Jasmine, and the blue one Jasper.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by aly
THE GIRL POOPED AT 4AM THIS MORNING AND THE BOY POOPED AGAIN RIGHT AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/party/partytime.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/party/party.gif
http://216.40.201.38/otn/animals/twister.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/animals/ride.gif http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/animals/jigga.gif

I've been so worried about them! I am glad the girl finally went.

Yippeee!!!http://www.colute.net/cwm/kao/otn/blobflower.gif http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/luxhello.gif http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/otn/pdevil.gif

So that means everyone is doing good. You're a great mom, Aly. And with the help of Reece, looks like those kittens will be spoiled before they even know what it is. http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/kao/otn/pblob4.gif

lynnestankard
05-23-2002, 04:20 PM
YIPPEEE ALY'S BABY GIRL POOPED!!!!

Lynne

aly
05-23-2002, 06:48 PM
To think just a short day ago I was praying for poop, and now all I ever see is poop poop poop! My day consists of cleaning poop, washing bedding, washing my hands, then turning around and seeing more poop!!

wayne0214
05-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Lynne, Yes, a couple of them consistantly get inside their feed bowls, as I use 2 of them. Namely, my little dark-orange tabby and one of the blue kitties. It has only been a few days now that all of them are beginning to feed out of the dish. Actually, I made an error in their feeding in that I started them off with canned food, and now they won't eat anything but that. So, what I have been doing is placing a little canned food in their dish and then covering that with dry kitten food, and then all of it gets eaten. I hope that I can gradually get them to eat dry kitten chow, as they probably don't have an acquired taste for it. The expense of feeding a pride of kittens is greater than originally believed! So, now I'll have to, out of economic necessity, begin to teach them to eat dry food.:p

Aly I really like your calicos. I think after I re-home some of my current kittens, I will actively seek a calico. probably from the shelter. I have never owned a calico, and now I want one after seeing yours.:D

...........wayne

aly
05-24-2002, 01:16 AM
Wayne, its too bad you don't live closer. You could come visit them and see their adorable personalities. I took a nap on the couch today and all of them slept with me on my neck.

I can relate with you on the economic factor. I'm spending a ton on formula. My little ones just get bottles and my older ones get a bottle and also a bowl of "mush" (wet food mixed with formula).

lynnestankard
05-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by aly
To think just a short day ago I was praying for poop, and now all I ever see is poop poop poop! My day consists of cleaning poop, washing bedding, washing my hands, then turning around and seeing more poop!!

Sorry Aly that is just so ROTFL - I'm still giggling!!! Don't be offended by this ----

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dogshit.gif

Lynne

Gio
05-24-2002, 09:33 AM
I'm pleased all the kitties are doing so well! I know they're hard work! I love the pics (I know I said it before but especially those with Reece - they are priceless).:D

sammi
05-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Boy Lynn if that isn't a fitting picture!!!!:D

Aly, I just saw this post - I guess I have been looking for pictures and a update on the general board! Why I don't know. But those kitties are sooo cute! I can just picture you feeding them with a bottle and snuggling them up with Reece!;)

aly
05-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

Sorry Aly that is just so ROTFL - I'm still giggling!!! Don't be offended by this ----

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dogshit.gif

Lynne

Trust me, I'm not offended. I'm a poop expert by now! :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Great pics Aly. Your kittens are adorable. It's great that Reece is acting like a second mother too. When our family cat had kittens our female dog also acted like a second mother. Since the cat and dog were best friends, the cat didn't mind. She let her wash and play with her kittens. It was so cute.:D

aly
06-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Gee, I haven't been on Pet Talk much lately at all. All I ever do is take care of kittens and go to work, I don't even have time for sleep. Just when I got to the point where I could sleep for 4-5 hours at a time, new kittens were dumped and I had to take them or they would die. So I'm back to up every two hours and I now have 8 kittens ranging from 1 week to 5 weeks old. Here are pics of the two newest ones (sorry they are blurry - better pics to come):

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p9e21456cab860211ed30bc57c8ecba49/fdaa20ff.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p618edab369f3dd0b5db0b3a6861cf0bd/fdaa20fb.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2002, 10:24 PM
They are precious. Thanks for sharing the pics. :) Now try to get some sleep.

aly
06-09-2002, 08:53 PM
I lost a kitten this morning. I'm no t handling it well at all. The vet said it was a birth defect and nothing I could have done about it but I cana't help but think would she still be alive fi someone else was taking care of her ?

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm so sorry to here about your loss Aly.http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/mecry.gifLike the vet said it was nothing that you did because it was a birth defect. I know it hurts now but at least the little one didn't suffer. {{Hugs}}

AmberLee
06-10-2002, 12:47 AM
{{{Aly}}},

You've put so much time and energy into so many little babies lately. I know it hurts to lose one, but you need to believe the vet on this that it was entirely outside your control. The little darling is at the Rainbow Bridge now having known so much love from you. I believe it's your tiredness that making you question yourself right now and that's no good for you or for the other babies. Is the pressure of the baby care still as intense right now? Can you get some time for you to heal?

Worried about you,
A.L.

:eek: Re-reading this it sounds harsh, and I don't mean it that way at all. The baby couldn't have been saved, but it is adding to your pressures and I'm worried for you is what I'm trying to say. Sorry to be phrasing it badly. {{{hugs}}}

06-10-2002, 06:43 AM
I only discovered this thread right now ... ! Wow , you are a SUPER MOM !!! I admire you !!
Those tiny kitties all look so cute and adorable ... ! What happens to them once they are saved and can eat on their own ? Does the shelter look for new homes then ???
I wish there was a place like that nearby here !!! I would be spending lots of hours there , that's a certainty !!!

please send us more pictures ; we all love those !!! THANKS !!!!!

htp://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

lynnestankard
06-10-2002, 10:01 AM
Oh Aly please don't be so upset - the vet was right! Your doing such a splendid job don't let this little hiccup spoil things for you - get some rest though!! {{{{}}}}

Lynne

aly
06-10-2002, 08:43 PM
I've been feeling so bad and not getting over it at all but I did manage to make it through work today and I saved 2 kitties from bad situations so it is making me feel a little better. I will give more details later. As for now, I've got kittens and dogs galore to feed (Yes I have an extra dog tonight too - can you say EXHAUSTED?)

More to come.....

Logan
06-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Aly, I'm not sure your body would know what to do with a full night's sleep. I do hope you're taking good care of yourself, eating decent food and resting when you can. You're no good to anyone if you're sick.

Hug those babies. I'm so sorry about the one you lost. :( But I can't help but to smile when I realize how many will have life because of your efforts. :)

Logan

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-10-2002, 10:12 PM
**HUGS TO YOU ALY!!!**
I really admire you!! It takes a very special person to do what you do. I can imagine that you are hurting for your lost kitty but imagine if he would have never found you... he had warm happy days for his little short life because of your kindness. Those little babies are just sooo precious, I wish I could take them for a couple of hours so you could rest (but then you might never get them back) Hang in there girl. We are behind you 100% Keep us posted. **HUGS to the Reece Man too for bein such a good helper!!**

aly
06-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Here is a picture of one of my new ones. He doesn't have a name yet. He's SOOOOOOO sweet. He was hissing at first but within 5 minutes of stroking and cuddling and kissing, he was a purr machine! Now he won't leave my side. He screams if he's alone and just falls right to sleep in my arms whenever I go get him. He has to stay seperated in the laundry room tonight though until I get him tested for FIV. If he and my other new kitty both test negative, then they will be able to play together.

Anyway, some landscaping man found this kitty in a tree. He put him down on the ground because he thought he'd go find his mother, but he just ran under a big rig and screamed. The man said that if we didn't take it, he didn't have time to take it to the city shelter so he'd throw it back in the field he found it in. Our Receiving person still said no so I said I'd take him home until we have room at our shelter.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/pc30056a92874223c629f99cbddf924e3/fda80cdc.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2002, 12:25 AM
What an adorable kitten. I'm so glad that he has a safe place to live now and that you're able to care for him. I hope his tests go well. Thanks for sharing the picture.http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/colours.gif

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-11-2002, 12:42 AM
What a cutie pie.... he looks so shy in that picture.. and big ears..

aly
06-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Here's my other new baby. He's so sweet. He likes to lay on my chest and nurse on my chin. He's soft as a bunny rabbit too. I haven't named him yet either.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p28327cf2ce62ecf7c6141c2bf80f36bb/fda7ccfe.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p1767226c276beb22ca544a2cdce71dfd/fda7ccff.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2002, 11:15 AM
He's cute too. Aly you sure have some cute babies. I bet it's hard to let them go.

aly
06-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Yay! Both of my new fosters are negative for FIV :D I tried to introduce them today and quickly found out that the little boy is a satan child :D Actually his wild side came out when I took him into work for his medical work up. He went ape wild and it took three people to hold him down while I cringed in the corner. Then I tried to introduce him to his new "sister" and he wouldn't have any of it. I really wanted them to hit it off so they won't scream all night again. They woke me up SO many times last night crying of loneliness (one was in the bathroom and one in the laundry room, I couldn't mix them yet because I didn't know if they were FIV positive or not). He's SO sweet with people but seems to hate dogs and cats. This morning when I had some alone time with him, he ran all around the house then came up and snuggled on to my chest purring away. This evening when I let him play with my dogs, he spent the whole time attacking them hissing, growling, spitting, and spatting. Then he stalked the little girl kitty and kept attacking her and rolling her around. She doesn't fight back at all and was scared to death. I tried to intervene as little as possible in hopes they could work it out and get along, but I did have to pick up the girl finally and give her some loving because she was scared to death.

I was afraid the girl would be sick. She's been pretty lethargic and has bad diarrhea and gas :eek: They did a fecal sample on her at work and couldn't find anything wrong. We are thinking it might be stress and diet change but I'm not so sure. It seemed like coccidia diarrhea to me but we'll see. She did test negative for coccidia though. She's the SWEETEST cat in the world. She just wants to be held and loved on 24/7. The clinic nurse had a hard time handing her back over to me. She loves my dogs and keeps rubbing up on them. I already have a home for her. I called someone from the waiting list at the shelter. I've been trying to help them find a kitten for about a month. They have an 11 year old daughter who has always wanted an orange kitty. They had a Siamese who accidently got outside and they haven't seen her since (2 years ago). She was indoor only though and spoiled to death.

Ok, enough yacking for now.

aly
06-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah, I don't have the 4 kitties (Jasper, Jade, Jasmine, Julius) anymore because they did have coccidia and I didn't want to risk spreading it around to my other fosters and pets. They went to another foster home for their 10 day treatment. They are doing really good though.

I also don't have the sibling of the kitten I lost. It was too painful for me so he went home with a coworker of mine. She's a kitty expert and if anyone can keep him alive, its her. She has 7 cats of her own and 10 fosters right now.

So I only have 4 fosters at the moment - my original 2 bottle babies and these 2 older ones. I'm not going to take in anymore fosters until all these guys get adopted. The older two should be able to go home next week after they are spayed/neutered.

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2002, 10:58 PM
It sounds like you're doing a great job Aly. I'm glad that you are only down to four kittens because you need to get some rest so that you're ready for the next batch that comes along. Good luck.http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/colours.gif

lynnestankard
06-12-2002, 04:50 AM
Wonderful shots of the two new ones Aly :) :)
Hope now you've got the numbers down a bit you will get some 'proper' rest - you know anything more than a thirty minute nap!!!
Hope the furboy with 666 on his head (you know - devil!!) will settle down soon!:eek: :eek:

Lynne

aly
06-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Phooey!!!! My little babies have ringworm. I guess that's where I caught it. I have it on my finger. We just spent awhile at the vet talking about the treatment, etc. Grrr, I hate ringworm!!!

lizbud
06-12-2002, 07:57 PM
Well darn !!! Sorry about this complication Aly.:(

Will Reese & Lolly have to get treated as well ? I know
that this is very treatable, but it's to bad it had to make
things harder for you. Keep up your strength. Hugs to all
your furkids.:) Liz & Buddy.

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2002, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the ringworm problem. I hope you are able to get it under control before it spreads to your other animals. Please keep us posted. Good luck.:)

aly
06-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Not only do we have ringworm in the house, but now the older ones have coccidia and giardia :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Everyone is on treatment and will hopefully be better ASAP... or I might just lose my mind.

Here's a couple new pics:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/p94c9bad4870447795ffe61424fdf379d/fda22e2b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/p956ad0681e905aab97789f5a798c824a/fda22e2e.jpg

Cincy'sMom
06-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Despite their illnesses, your fosters look happy! You are such a big hearted person for caring for so many sick little ones! Hang in there...it will get better!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-18-2002, 11:35 PM
They are so cute. They are also very lucky to have such a good Mommy to look after them and to cure all of their diseases. Good luck and don't give up you're doing a great job.http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bounce3.gif

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-18-2002, 11:58 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW
I just love the new pictures!!!!! I just love them little kittens!!!!! :D

aly
07-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Here are some new pics:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pd27dcc9747edd1dcdbc7a713f590d0e4/fd908006.jpg

*** Caught in the act!!!! ***

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p4dae9ebb6fd874036e84f507374f874c/fd908003.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pdec289d52a5369b2f1fdd8521789401f/fd908079.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p4aead59d82e6773e4b61cbbaaa9bc35d/fd90807c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pfa033d761ccaf741c4d2427b53f8ef89/fd908073.jpg

Cincy'sMom
07-07-2002, 09:49 PM
They are so adorable! And getting so big!!! Next to the sink and in the plant are my favorites

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2002, 10:58 PM
Aly, you sure have a couple of sweethearts. They sure are getting big. How old are they now? Are you just fostering them or will you keep one of them? I hope you get to keep at least one of them. :) Thanks for the cute pics. :)

zippy-kat
07-07-2002, 11:55 PM
I LOVE that last picture!! sooooo frisky!!

yorkster
07-08-2002, 01:02 AM
How incrediably CUTE they are! The orange one looks like our Noah! :cool:

Aly, you are amazing! I don't know how you do it :)
maybe you have said before, but how does your own kitty do with all the fosters? Probably used to it..................

Former User
07-08-2002, 01:56 AM
Awwww, they are sooooooo adorable! I don't know how you can let these adorable furkids go then... I would have to keep them all :D
Anyway, Aly, you have done an amazing job, WELLDONE!!! And thank you for caring of them so much!

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Those kittens are precious, you'll be so attached to them.

lil.kitty.kizzez
07-09-2002, 07:53 AM
AWWW!!!

just look at those cute little faces and pink tummies! *SOOO* adorable! I'm jealous! :p give 'em some cuddles and hugs from me!

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 01:01 PM
How are the babies doing today?