PDA

View Full Version : Absent-minded?

davidpizzica
07-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I may getting a little absent-minded in my old age. I got home from work the other day and I changed clothes. I took everything out of my pockets (I thought) and put my dirty clothes in he washer and started the washer. I looked down at what I took out out of there and realized I left my wallet in my other pants and they're in the washer!! I hurried downstairs and quickly retrieved it and now i have the cleanest wallet in town! (if still a little damp). I hope I'm not getting somewhat forgetful.

Rachel
07-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, join the club. So far I haven't washed my purse yet but I did leave it at a White Castle once. When we arrived home in our driveway, I went to reach for it and it wasn't in the car. We drove back to the White Castle and it was still hanging on the back of the chair I had been sitting in. (Thank you, God) What I didn't forget when I left the White Castle was my cup of diet soda. Took that with me.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Is that what they call money laundering? :D

davidpizzica
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Connie, I guess you could call it that, even though I didn't have much money in it to launder! However, I was worried about the important cards I had in it, drivers license, S.S. card etc., they were all right, a little wet.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Glad nothing was distroyed. Our driver's licenses are laminated in plastic. I had a nightmare once that I lost my purse and couldn't prove who I was!!! :D

davidpizzica
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Glad nothing was distroyed. Our driver's licenses are laminated in plastic. I had a nightmare once that I lost my purse and couldn't prove who I was!!! :D
They were very cleam Connie! Our driver's licenses are laminated too whch probably saved it.

Laura's Babies
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Alls well that ends well! Nothing was distroyed, Thank God!

cyber-sibes
07-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Is that what they call money laundering? :D LOL! That's a good one! A co-worker's husband decided to be "helpful" and did the wash while she was out...he didn't realize her PAYCHECK was still in her pocket! It got destroyed.
David, I think we're pretty close in age - I have memory blips more & more often...it's kind of scarey. Glad all your important papers were ok.

Catty1
07-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD:

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it goes . . .

I decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .

BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .

BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops…there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .

BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.

What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .

BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .

Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .

BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.

END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .

And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .

I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!

I realize this condition is serious . . .

I'd get help . . .

BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll check my e-mail.