PDA

View Full Version : Update on babies.

Sevaede
06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I will have to work for quite some time to get Mama Cats babies to trust me. It will be worth it though.

Anyways. The reason I posted is to updated on Rasputins babies. There are three boys and two girls, it looks like. One boy is HUGE. I mean, he is about the size of a kitten who is a week or more older than he actually looks. He is medium haired and cannot meow. Yesterday, Troy and I brought them in (despite NASTY looks from FIL) and we cleaned all their eyes and noses. This boys right eye was crusted shut and oozing pus again. :( The one boy that is a grey tabby with the little white wisps, I've started calling him Sweet Pea. The runt, the only all black, had watery and pus-y eyes. I've taken to calling him Magic. :) I have absolutely fallen head over heels for him. I can describe the exact moment too. :o I had picked him up and was holding him under the arms with one hand while supporting his legs with the other. I was trying to get a good look at him and he just looked into my eyes and I looked at his and just died! :D I then proclaimed to Magic and Troy my adoration for him. I, honestly, never thought that I would just flip over that little boy. One of the girls I am so very, very fond of. The feeling, however, is not mutual. She is really the only skittish one and runs if I move towards her. She is aboslutely beautiful and amuses me so much. :D The other girl has colours and patterns that look exactly like our foster Tiger Lily! (The cream on grey. It looks like a dilute tortie, of sorts).

Any suggestions on helping their eyes?

Just thought I'd let you all know what is going on! :D

CultureJunky
06-12-2006, 05:26 AM
One thing I've found helpful for eyes in the past (which my mum has always done) is to bathe them with tea. Just put a teabag in a mug, poor the hot water on and let it brew, take the teabag out, and then let the water cool until it's lukewarm. Then use a cotten wool ball and bathe the eye with the tea for about a minute.
I really don't know if this will help as the kittens may have a bad infection that needs anti-biotics obviously but you never know.
When I was a kid of any of our cats started to get gunky eyes we'd always do that and it'd clear up.
It may be worth a try you never know. And I certainly don't think it would harm the eyes if there is something seriously wrong with them.

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
One thing I've found helpful for eyes in the past (which my mum has always done) is to bathe them with tea. Just put a teabag in a mug, poor the hot water on and let it brew, take the teabag out, and then let the water cool until it's lukewarm. Then use a cotten wool ball and bathe the eye with the tea for about a minute.
I really don't know if this will help as the kittens may have a bad infection that needs anti-biotics obviously but you never know.
When I was a kid of any of our cats started to get gunky eyes we'd always do that and it'd clear up.
It may be worth a try you never know. And I certainly don't think it would harm the eyes if there is something seriously wrong with them.

Wow, I will have to try that! Thank you for the suggestion! :D

catmandu
06-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Cat Fancy is a great site for health advice about your Cats.
I dont have any advice for those babies.
Just prayers that they will be all right.