Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Made Some Cat Condom Beds

I Made Some Cat Condom Beds

Hi everyone. With the help of my mom, I made 4 cat condom beds. First I'd like to thank Jazzcat and Sirrahbed for their instructions and Debbie for her extra help. I really only made one of them completely by myself and I do agree that it gets easier each time you make them.

My mom made this circle pattern for me so it would be easier to cut out the base of the bed. I made the 24" size but the circle was actually a little over 24" in diameter. I also used fleece material and used two different kinds. I bought 2 2/3 yards of each so that I could make two beds out of each material. I also had some left over.

Once I cut the first circle, I found it easier to use this as a pattern because it layed flatter. I bought this material at Walmart. I cut out 4 circles total to make two beds.

These are the strips that I cut out for the tubing. This material was only about 58" wide so I needed a little extra to make it the right size. I cute three strips and then cut the third one in half. I forgot how long my tubing was but it was a little over 72" long. You stitch one of each of the shorter strips to the longer strips.

This is what the tubing looks like pinned to the base. We only ended up pinning the first one. For the others we just pieced them together and slowly stitched them with the sewing machine.

Here's what it looks like before it's stuffed. I used polyfil and needed almost three 20oz. bags. We found that leaving a 4" hole was better and we also used a zigzag stitch on the finished edge at the bottom of the bed to help it hold it's circular shape better.
    Here's the finished cat condom bed. We were only able to make this one on Saturday and then made the other three on Sunday.

More pictures coming up.>>>>>

Here are the four beds. I made the one on the right in the front row.

I bought this fabric at Joanns and it was easier to work with than the other material. It's also much softer. On these we made the strips 13"-131/2" wide instead of 12". They measure about 25" wide instead of 24". It was also much easier to stuff them.

Here's Storm and Sky trying them out. All of my cats are very large and you can see that they have plenty of room. So far all cats have slept in them except Sunny.

Sky taking a nap.

Cirrus napping.

Storm napping.

That's all. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Great job on the beds! I absolutely LOVE those fabrics ANd the models look perfectly fit inside the beds

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Fantastic!!! Well done you! And the models appear to LOVE them --- what more could you want?

Very well done. What a productive weekend you've had!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

OMG, Tracey, where did you find that gorgeous fabric??? I spent a complete morning few weeks ago at e fabrics-shop, and they didn't have ONE single cat-pattern ! . Not fair, he

These beds are gorgeous! I will make some too, but I don't know yet if they will turn out as good as yours... . I never learned how to sew at school; of course, I learned it later when I had kids: I made all the blankets, trousers, even winterjackets! But, that is YEARS ago..... (Jo is 19 now....)
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

OMG You did a GREAT job.I can't wait to try this after I'm feeling better.

They look great! I see they get a Paws-Up approva from the boys too.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Those came out fantastic!!! PTers are going to end up putting the kitty condom companys out of business at this rate. I love the fabric!!!! And the quality control testers.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Awesome beds!!!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I LOVE that fabric!!!

You did a GREAT job and I know your kitties are happy with your work.. They just are not critical at all when it is for them.. They only complain when there is someone else in their bed. You will be happy you made them everytime you see them used and you kitties will use them a LOT!! GREAT JOB!!! I am proud for you!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Great job and love the fabric and it looks like it didn't take any time for the cats to approve them. Guess I need to get mom to help me make one for my Annie.

Your Cats,are certainly fortunate,in having a Huardian,that is so skilled,that she can make them,those wonderful Cast Beds,in which,to sleep.and Four Beds,no waiting,they must love THAT!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh my gosh, I just saw that fleece at Walmart this past weekend and wondered what I could make out of it. Now I know!
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Yay Tracey!! Great job on the beds!!

I saw several vendors with these at this weekend's cat show - but never got over to see the prices. They were also in assorted breeder cages - really taking off I would say!!

That fabric is really purrfect too! I will have to kee watch out for it.

Again - great work for you and your mom

Those are FANTASTIC! You and your mom did a great job and that fabric is GORGEOUS! It is very obvious that the kitties approve. What else do you need?