Thread: "Do you think purebred animals make better pets?"

Hybrid View

"Do you think purebred animals make better pets?"

Ok, 20% of the people who voted said yes. Who and why? I'd like to find out where you live and give you a piece of me. What kind of snob says that a purebred makes a better pet than a mutt? All animals have different personalities and purebreds and mutts can make equally good or bad pets. I've only been bitten by purebred dogs, never been bitten by a mutt. I'm a mix of several different ancestries, does that make me a worse human, does it make a person who is a jerk but 100% of something the better person? I have a husky/gsd mix living with me now, she is a great dog, best of both worlds, which I may state is better than the best of only one breed. How dare anybody say that purebreds are better pets. Having fun burning in ****.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I voted no.I think both purebreds,and mixed breeds make great pets!!

I also voted no....

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I was wondering the same thing! I mean, doesn't the Declaration of Independence say that "All men are created equal"? Shouldn't the same thing apply to pets!?

I don't think that mixed or pure make better companions. ALL animals make the best companions!!!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

My Gracie is a yorkie poo..a "designer mutt" as they say, but I take offense to that! But then I am one of those people who have a hard time even calling her a "dog"..lol..she is my BABY...

But to tell you the truth...I think it is pretty darn snobby to say that too! But it was set up that way in the poll so what do you expect? Of course someone would have to answer it anonymously..they sure weren't posting there name, now were they..lol

OOpss..I guess I should have read the poll update..some did state their names..should have read it again before responding..that is what I get for "speaking without thinking"...lol
    Last edited by GraciesMommy; 02-16-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Hey there - remember what Gramma said - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar! Yelling at people will never convince them to change their mind!

Truth be old, the only dog who ever bit me was a mutt. Do I care? No. It was my fault, and Mommy explained that to me. I, myself, am a mutt - or a well-mixed purebred American - take your pick! Can you not see that claiming mutts are better is, in a way, as prejudicial as claiming purebreds are better?

We are Pet Talk - where every pet is special, purebred or not, doesn't matter to me.

I think they are all equal...whatever the breed...I love them all...

I think the people who voted 'yes' probably weren't thinking that purebreds make better pets but rather that they would prefer to have a purebred pet as opposed to a mixed breed pet. I voted no, but I would prefer to have a purebred dog.
    I've been BOO'd!

I think it totally depends on the dog! Both mixed and purebreds are awesome!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

what poll is this refering too? the one that askes if you like purebred or mutts better? I voted purbreds, not because they make better pets but because I personally happen like purbreds better, although I personally have both.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I would have voted no. I think the only reason to ever BUY and not adopt would be if you were going to show the dog. I am AGAINST creating anymore new breeds.

Niņo & Eliza

I personally think that the best pet is simply the one that best goes with your needs and lifestyle. The one pet that just catches your eye and your heart.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole