Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catnip toys!!

All my cats go crazy for catnip except for Twinkles and the new baby Hercules. I buy my cats Catnip Buds, they're made by a company named Kooky Kat, it is grown locally and is only sold in British Columbia, Canada I think. It is the worlds best catnip because Beautiful British Columbia has the perfect enviroment for it to become very potent.
    Here's a picture of the catnip buds. If you live in Canada look for these, they make my cats crazy!

Check out their website!

Kooky Kat

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Cat Nip pillow and pouch

My two cat's Katie and Simba love catnip! I bought Katie and Simba a Cat Nip pillow from a company called Krazy Kitty and they love that pillow so much they end up fighting over it, but when Simba gets a hold of the pillow he digs at it, so that's when I have to take the pillow away from him. Simba is such a funny cat, he knows where I hide the pillow... he watches me, and next thing you know he opens the door to the hutch with his paw and takes the pillow out. What a smarty pants!

I also just bought Katie and Simba a Cat Nip bag, and my goodness is that ever funny to watch, Simba loves to carry it around in his mouth and Katie chases him until he drops it. lol

Does anyone grow their own catnip? I had a friend give me a little snippet of her plant and my cats went bonkers!!
    Pets On The Net - A Canadian Pet Owners Forum

Bastet goes mad for catnip - I love the stuff because she has a play in it and then falls asleep for a few hours *laughs*. Its a blessing for aby owners who need peace and quiet when convalescing from illness! She eats it too. I don't know if its ok for her to do that, does anyone know?

She loves her catnip mousies and loves rolling in the stuff as well. She smells all minty fresh after that!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

My abys show no interest in catnip but they're only going to be a year old on Christmas Day. Maybe they're still to young. In any case they don't really need anything to make them more active or crazy. Valium....maybe would be better, for me that is !!!

Some cats like catnip and some don't. Bosun, my foofy tortoise shell, loves it on her scratching pad. In fact that's her reward for letting me comb the mats out of her fur. She growls and growls, then runs over to her scratch pad to wait for her 'nip!

The Cat Factory, the stuff in that bag looks like an illicit substance.

Cat Nip plant

I had a lot of Cat Nip plants in my backyard. Katie and Simba go for the Cat Nip plants over the Cat Nip that was bought in the store. Fresh is the best!

The only thing that is wrong with having the Cat Nip plants growing in the backyard is that it attracts all the cat's around the area to my house. lol
    Last edited by ActionCat007; 11-18-2002 at 09:27 AM.

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

The thing I love about all the kitties I've known is this particular move they make when they're playing with their toys - if the toy is just sitting there on the floor, they will deliberately walk OVER it, and just "happen" to step on it with their back paw, which makes them have to turn around and fall onto the toy and start beating the snot out of it. Every kitty I've known did this, and it never fails to crack me up.
    I KNOW!!!! It is like, "hey, where did that toy come from? It just attacked me"!!!! All of mine do this, and it is so funny to watch.

I envy you!
    we don't have here this type of mint, I am sure, Juni would enjoy it.
    But I give her from time to time Valeriana pills (they are natural) and she really likes them. I have to break them in two parts, because of the glaze the pills are covered with she cannot smell the Valeriana.
    I will ask a friend to bring me some seeds from US.

Catland, where did you get the seeds to grow your catnip? I have a few containers of the stuff in their "accessories box". Are there seeds in raw catnip that is purchased at the pet department in stores?

......wayne

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.

At the Westchester cat show this weekend there was this vendor of enormous cat trees who had the best catnip. I'd gotten one sack last year and it lasted about a week. It's called Dr. Pussum's Best, pure 'nip sewn into about a 3 inch square bag. This year I got 5 bags and am doling it out. This stuff comes from Vermont. Diamond is the worst nip head of the bunch.

Our cats LOVE the stuff. We get these catnip cigars from a local pet store for Noah...he LOVES them. They are made of really sturdy fabric, so they can't break and lose it's "power".

Here, you can get catnip in any garden section. They sell it as an herb.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...