Glad I was wrong...


Man lost in Manitoba woods located
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 | 8:59 PM CST
CBC News
Andrew Paul Conly, who was lost in the woods in northern Manitoba for more than six days, has been located.

A Winnipeg man declared missing by RCMP after his car was found abandoned in a provincial park has been located.

Police said Tuesday that Andrew Paul Conly, 39, got lost in the woods of the Grass River Provincial Park sometime before they discovered his unlocked truck parked on a side road on Aug. 4.

The park is located about 725 kilometres northwest of Winnipeg.

Conly was found by police at about 6 p.m. CT. He was "extremely dehydrated" but otherwise in good health, Const. Miles Hiebert said.

"There is no indication at this time how long Mr. Conly had been lost in the woods, but initial reports were that he had become disoriented and possibly lost," Hiebert said.

Police said earlier in the day they initiated a search — which included a helicopter, foot patrols, a police dog and officers on ATVs — because of the circumstances of his disappearance.

While he had not been reported missing, his truck had been found unlocked, undamaged and with his personal effects still inside.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...#ixzz0xv47sK00

ETA: Many commentators wondered why the heck a better photo was not found.