Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help *FAST* *UPDATE WITH PICS* page 2

Need help *FAST* *UPDATE WITH PICS* page 2

My dad had his wild animal trap set, and this is what he caught....

Do I just let him/ her go on our farm, and risk the poor kitten being hurt..or worse? He/She is scared, but I wouldnt call it "faral". It is shaking, because it is so terrified.

It is just a kitten, so I'm sure it could learn to trust humans, since it doesn't.

I've fed it, and it has more food and water. I also put a bed in the trap. I haven't taken it out of the trap though...shoud I? There isn't a place that I could keep it, except my room where it could be away from the other animals. Should I let it go in my room tonight?? What do I do??!?!

I've also pet him through the wires, and it just sat there...
    Last edited by Toby's my baby; 08-11-2006 at 02:56 PM.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Did you forget a link or a pic, perhaps?
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Oops...sorry. I edited the original...

more pictures comming soon..
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Poor little thing. Keep him/her safe in your room. Keep the environment quiet, warm and safe.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Leave it in the cage, poor thing, and drape a towel over the end, so it has a good "hidey cave," as it sounds completely terrified. Don't expect it to eat while you are looking. Maybe also put a soft toy in there for it to snuggle. Then tomorrow morning, you can ask around, see if anyone is missing a kitty ...

Do I just let it go out of the cage?? Do I bring in an old dog kennel and put a new bed, food and water in there, but leave it open so it has somewhere to go?? Do I put a litter box up?

It's out in my grandpa's shop right now, in the trap.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

I'd only let it go into a kennel if you are sure it won't escape somewhere during transfer. But put a box or something in there so it can hide and rest. You can put a litter box in there, though it may not have a clue what its for, if it's a feral ...

So put it in a kennel, in my room, with a box with a towel? a litter box, food and water?

What if I can't find the kennel??

Should I handle him at all??
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

Oh my gosh, what an absolutely adorable tabby kitty.

I agree with keeping her/him in the cage for now with a towel partly over it.

The cage looks big enough if you could put a little litter box in there along with a little bed or box with a blanket for it to sleep in.

What are your plans for these little one?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

HOPEFULLY keep it. When I went in the house after seeing him, my dad said "no" before I even said anything. BUT he also said that with Maggie, Autumn, AND C.P so....

My grandpa also came and saw him, and said "we'll become friends" so if my grandpa likes him, there is no rehoming him. If he doesn't work out, I'll rehome him or foster him or something. We have the finances to take on another kitty, so one more shouldn't hurt.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

Oh we were posting at the same time.

If you are able to keep the kitty in the kennel, it would be better all around as it would probably just stay hidden under your bed. It looks pretty scared so I wouldn't advice trying to pick it up as you wouldn't want to risk getting bitten or badly scratched.

Use your own judgement in regards to picking it up. You said that you were able to pet it through the bars and it just sat there. Some rescue people use a pillow case to transport rescues. Maybe you could try that. If you can, try and get the pillow case over the kitty and when it goes to bolt, scoop up the pillow case and make sure you keep a tight hold on it. This way it would be easier for you to transfer it from the trap to the kennel.

Good luck and bless you for doing all you can to help this precious kitty.

I just read your reply and I hope you are able to keep it so we can see it grow into a beautiful mature cat. He/she has such a sweet face.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Didn't get to read this until now. The kitten looks a LOT bigger in the pictures than it actually is. I did handle it. It is VERY VERY sweet. I picked it up with gloves on first, and it didn't even try to get away. I took the gloves off and set it down, and it just sat in my lap and purred...so maybe it has been handled?? I brought him in the house, fed him a bit more, put a littler box in the kennel, and water. I sat with him for about 20 min. and he purred and wandered around a little bit. It is still warry of doors shutting and stuff like that. I locked it in the kennel for now, and I told everyone at my house to leave it alone until tomorrow, so it can settle in.

Thankfully, my mom did help me get a litterbox and food and water ready, so she can't be too terribly against the idea of keeping it.

Keep your fingers crossed it all works out!

Names...??
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

Aww, thank you for helping the kitty. I think the kitty is saying, "keep me, you did a good job of taking care of me!"

Now, boy or girl? Let's think of names!

AWWWWWWW how adorable. Well it is obvious that it isn't a feral kitty or else you would not have been able to handle it so easily. You keep saying "Him", is it confirmed now that it is a he.
    That was so nice of your Mom to help you out and get the kitty what he needs.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here that you are able to keep him.

As for names, these are a few that I could think of...Chance, because you will be giving him a chance at a good, safe life.
    Sunny, as he has brightened up your day.

Any chance on getting more pictures of this darling.

I think that is a very good idea to leave this little one alone for the night to settle in.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Thank you so much for keeping this baby safe!

Now..about that name...we'd better think of one quick so that kitty knows she's a keeper!

We don't really know if kitty is a boy or a girl, do we?
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good