PDA

View Full Version : My Special Girl Lola is Gone :-(

QueenScoopalot
01-06-2006, 11:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/P9040006.jpg
Lola my dear girl was sent to the Rainbow Bridge last week. :( She was a rescued feral girl along with her only surviving baby (of 4) Lita. Lola survived on the streets for who knows how long until she came into my life. She had a very rough start, but over the year + she was here, she blossomed from a shy reclusive semi-blind kitty, to a love seeking sweetheart. In the last six months she would greet me every morning and I'd brush her ratty dry coat and sometimes got the honor of rubbing her tummy. :) The whole time she was here I never saw her groom herself, so her finally allowing me to brush her daily was a treat for me and for her. :) Lola was never a big eater either...preferring crunchies to wet food. She knew she was different and she'd always defer to the other cats when it came to eating the desired wet food, and I'd always be sure there was some left over for her...and only her. Lola was diagnosed with kidney problems, and for a week or so I was doing the Lactated Ringers but she was going downhill faster than anticipated, and it wasn't fair to keep her going on the fast decline she was going through, so I kissed her goodbye, and told her her daughter Lita will live on for her, and that Lola will always hold a place in my heart. That ratty little girl was a miracle from the day I got her. :) I feel blessed that I had Lola for as long as I did, despite the fact that she was not only a feral who learned to accept love, but also the very rough story of how she (and her surviving baby) came into my life....http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=46596&highlight=Lola+Lita I'm quite sure that her bad start contributed to her kidney failure...how could it not? :confused: RIP my trusting little former street waif..I loved you when nobody else did...except your sweet little Lita who misses you too. :( I will kiss your (huge) baby every day, and let her know how hard you tried to survive for her. :(

Glacier
01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl.

louhirata
01-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Sorry to hear about Lola passing away. She was much loved and taken care, she knew. Now Lila will confort you as well. Lou

AmberLee
01-07-2006, 02:02 AM
So sorry for your loss. How wonderful that she enjoyed your pampering for a treasured year, at least...

Frolic happily at the Bridge, beautiful girl!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lola's passing. :( She knew that she was loved and that she'll never be forgotten. RIP sweet Lola. :(

Frostfrog
01-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Sorry to hear about Lola, but glad to know that she had someone that made her final time among mortals sweet time.

carole
01-07-2006, 02:53 AM
Oh QSA my heart goes out to you and I understand so much how you feel about loosing sweet Lola, you made a big difference in her life and she knew you loved her and that she was special, I am so sad to hear she has left for the Rainbow Bridge, maybe Lola and Zara are happily playing together,infact I am sure they are two sweet lil ferals having the time of their lives, chasing butterflies and playfighting with each other. HUGS to you I know your heart aches right now but just want you to know i am thinking of you and Lola will never be forgotten.

jenluckenbach
01-07-2006, 05:23 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Lola will most certainly be waiting for you at the RB and she will be healthy and vivacious.

smokey the elder
01-07-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm so sorry about Lola. She knew she was loved. Do you think she may have been pretty old?

Catty1
01-07-2006, 09:07 AM
What a brave, brave girl Lola was! Abd how WONDERFUL that she knew love and had a caring and wonderful home for the rest of her dear life!

You made the right decision, though I know how torn up you must feel.

God bless you and Lola; you have a huge heart and her daughter is thriving!

hugs
Catty1

QueenScoopalot
01-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm so sorry about Lola. She knew she was loved. Do you think she may have been pretty old?
Thank you all. I don't think Lola was very old at all...maybe 5? The vets are leaning toward her off the charts temps. of over 107 degrees when she was first rescued, as a contributing factor to her kidney problems. I remember them telling me the thermometer didn't go as high as her body temp. when she was fighting probable pyometra after giving birth in a dirt hole. She amazed everyone by surviving that unforgetable ordeal. I'm glad I had her at all.

Laura's Babies
01-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Aww! Jan! I am so sorry for your loss of Lola. She was a very special girl and I know you will miss her a lot. May she rest in peace at Rainbow Bridge and be whole again and watch over her sweet Lila and her human that loved and cared for her. In her 5 years, she had more love than she could possiabily imagine. You know she was happy and loved and I hope that comforts you some. RIP sweet Lola!

gini
01-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I have been touched by your story of Lola. God love you for taking her in and giving her the care and tenderness she needed so badly. I am sure she is running around the Rainbow Bridge telling everyone how fortunate she was to have lived with you.

Lola, now restored to full health and sight - run - play - have fun - your human Mama would want this for you.

kb2yjx
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
You gave Loal a chance to know kindness and love, and she will always remember that. Sleep softly sweet Lola...

catmandu
01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
There will be a Special Dinner for Lola,and she will be formally bee given Her Pet Angel Wings.
Then she will be able to dine in style with All The Pet Angels as they snag the Shrim,Beef and Chicken.
And she loves you Jan,for what you did for her,and she will thank you in person,when you meet again,One Fine Day.

Cataholic
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
QSA, I know the love was returned by Lola. You do so much, for so many, Lola just one of the blessed ones, even if briefly. RIP, Lola, knowing how loved you were, and that your baby will be lovingly cared for.

Poo
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear about Lola. RIP sweetie and ((((hugs)))) to you QSA.

Nicki x

jazzcat
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm so sorry Jan.

Rest in Peace sweet Lola.

Laura's Babies
01-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I had to come by and pay my respects to you and Lola again and see her sweet face again.

I am sure she is running around the Rainbow Bridge telling everyone how fortunate she was to have lived with you.

I am sure she has hooked up with others that you lost and they are lounging around in the soft green grass, telling their stories about the wonderful human lady that came out in the cold dark night to save them and each story outdoing the last one told. They are sure to draw a crowd as they compare their horror story of what they went through, how you saved them and loved them. I bet they will be knocking on God's door, asking for the brightest shinning star to lead you around to give you light and protect you on those cold dark nights while you are out searching for their lost friends.

kimlovescats
01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh Jan, I am SO sorry!!!! :(
You showed her the best love she could have possibly known, and you made her ending a peaceful and painless one.

((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))
Kim

catlover4ever
01-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Jan, I'm so very sorry. You sure do give these babies more love than they could possibly imagine.

RIP Lola, you were saved by one of God's angels. Watch over your meowmie.

rg_girlca
01-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Jan, I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved Lola.

I just finished reading her story. All I can say is, "BLESS YOU" for saving this precious girl and for trying so hard on saving her babies. I'm glad that it was you, that Lola and her baby Lita landed up with. You gave your all to them and showed Lola what it was really like to be in a caring and loving home. Even though her life was way too short, at least she left this world peacefully and painfree, knowing she was loved by the best.

Rest in Peace sweet girl.

Killearn Kitties
01-10-2006, 04:12 AM
I'm so sorry that your lovely Lola couldn't stick around for longer, but she couldn't have hoped for anything better than being looked after by you. She knew safety and comfort in that time and knew her baby was being cared for as well.

Rest in peace sweet girl.

TopCat3
01-10-2006, 05:57 AM
This has made me quite teary. I hadn't read Lola's story before. It warms me to know her last year here was so full of love and tenderness and that she got to share it with her kitten in a comfortable and happy home with you. It was undoubtedly the best year of her life and it was the best memory she could take with her. What a little survivor she was! Now you have Lita to carry on her memory for you. RIP sweet Lola, rest well earned.

trayi52
01-10-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lola, Jan. I know how much she meant to you. I am so full of tears of sorrow as I write this. You know if you need a shoulder to cry on, you know where I am. Just give me a call, and I am there for you.

Rest in peace, sweet Lola. :(

((((Hugs))))

Willie :(

Kirsten
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm very sorry that Lola had to go to the bridge! I wish she would have had more time with you and her daughter, but at least she experienced a lot of love in her last year.

R.I.P. Lola, now you're whole again at the Bridge...

Kirsten

Barbara
01-11-2006, 04:26 AM
I remember Lola's heartbreaking story. It is good to know that after her rough start all she experienced in life was love and care- because of you :)

Play hard at Rainbow Bridge, little girl !

Sonia59
01-11-2006, 06:58 AM
I am happy Lola has experienced love before she leaves to the RB.

RIP, beloved Lola

catmandu
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Lola had a meal in her honor at the Mandarin Buffet,and got the ceremonial First Dish,to have her fill of her choice of food.
She misses you very much Jan,but looks forward to the day,when you get the First Dish when you and Lola are reunited,One Fine Day.

WolvesRawk
01-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry about Lola. She was very pretty. I'm sure she's very greatful for your kindness.

Catty1
01-12-2006, 09:03 PM
In honour of Lola, do you have a picture of Lita you can post?

I would love to see her!

I bet she does her furmom and meowmie proud!

hugs

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2006, 09:43 PM
In honour of Lola, do you have a picture of Lita you can post?

I would love to see her!

I bet she does her furmom and meowmie proud!

hugs

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=71882&highlight=Lita
Here's a few of my darling little survivor girl Lita! She was always a beefy girly compared to her mama Lola. I feel blessed that Lola survived long enough to allow me to love her, brush her, and let her know she was loved....and for her to finally accept the love I gave her. :)

rosethecopycat
01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Lola's new coat, ever so shiny and easy to groom. Eyes now bright and clear, keen to gaze on her Mama. One Fine Day.

Hugs to you, Queen with the heart of Gold.