PDA

View Full Version : It's OK Meowmie...I made it to the RB!!

slick
12-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi Meowmie: Wow, what a trip! You wouldn't believe how pretty it is up here. When I arrived, there were all kinds of furry and feathery angels waiting to greet me and when I made that final step off the bridge there was a band playing. There were celebrations going on all over the place. The sky has the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. In the middle of town is a huge Christmas tree all lit up and there are kitty beds all lined up below it. I was investigating this when all of a sudden I spotted one with my name on it. Oh Meowmie, the bed is so soft....I just had to take a nap to try it out.

I feel so good Mewomie. I have the body of a young kitty....all sleek and shiny and I don't feel any pain at all. I've already met so many of the PT angels that you told me about just before I left you. I've tasted some wonderful catnip and the sweet grass feels good beneath my feet. I wish you could be here Meowmie! In the meantime, don't worry about me. Did you hear me purr in your ear a little while ago? Yes, that was me telling you to stop crying. I'll see you again when you make the trip up here. OK, I gotta go because Twicket and Tubby want to show me this neat tree to climb. I love you Meowmie. Bye and I'll see you later.

Speckles

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid197/pb7b04d4f62a5d6dbd41e551e733a7ae4/f0f9c164.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid197/p8c366455b20e9e272e49562670db1306/f0f9c168.jpg
Meowmie giving me kisses....one for each Pet Talker.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid197/p1b0ec1efb32895093ab9008c86fe92d9/f0f9c166.jpg
My visit with Santa

smokey the elder
12-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Aww, I'm glad you made it safely, Speckles! Now you need to remember to comfort your meowmie.

{{{Hugs x a million}}} to Slick.

zippy-kat
12-21-2005, 07:58 AM
:( LES

No words, just {{hugs.}}

trayi52
12-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Speckles, so good to hear that your trip to the bridge was so easy. Have fun at the bridge, and say hello to my Pyewackett, she is there somewhere playing.

Be sure to look in on your Meowmie from time to time just to make sure she is doing okay, she misses you and loves you very much.

Willie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Major LES. :(

I'm so glad you made it safely, Speckles. I just adore the pictures of you and your meowmy, and how wonderful that Santa stopped by to see you before you had to go.

Please watch over your meowmy, she misses you so already.

Slick, you're all I could think about all night long. Hang in there because it may seem right now like your heart will never stop breaking, but it does get better with time. Wish I knew the exact words to make you feel better.....

{{{hugs}}} :(

Cataholic
12-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Oh, God. Help Slick, please, help her at this most difficult time. RIP, Speckles, RIP.

Gentle hugs to you, Slick.

catmandu
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
You gave Spreckles nearly two decades of love and she appreciates that more than she can say.
Even now sitting at a Terrace at The Honolulu Hilton with Champagne Bob,she wishes that you were there.
But you have Max to look after,and Spreckles knows that theres a time for everything.
And she will see you,and Max when you are reunited One Fine Day.

lbaker
12-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I just can't stand it. Yes I can. I was awake and online at 4:30 this morning thinking of you Slick. Could you feel my love and my hugs? Sweet babies everywhere are our dear angels that comfort, eventually you will feel comfort too.

anna_66
12-21-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm so glad you've made it to the bridge Speckles. Everything sounds absolutely beautiful. I hope you and the rest of our babies have a wonderful christmas.

Slick, I was thinking about you this morning when I woke up. I hope you doing alright. I can't say much more, I too have the LES.
Many {{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

Killearn Kitties
12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Speckles sweetie, don't you look wonderful in your photos with Santa. Play and have fun, sweetie, but don't forget to look after mummy for us. Keep purring in her ear, baby.

catlover4ever
12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
So glag that you made it to the Bridge. Watch over your meowmie, play hard and please say hello to my babies for me. RIP Speckles.

furrykidsmother
12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Yes, LES here too!

Oh Speckles, so glad to hear of your arrival and happy that it is all decorated for Christmas and you have such a wonderful soft bed to sleep in. I bet you do feel great now. Your Meowmie gave you the best Christmas gift, but it was so hard on her. Just remember to purr in her ear now and then to remind her you are thinking of her.

Play hard sweetie!

Logan
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Many hugs and good thoughts are being sent your way today, Vickie. :)

The pictures are priceless and that beautiful girl is now safely in the hands of God. We should all hope to be so lucky.

Love,
Logan

kimlovescats
12-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm crying with you now, Slick! :(

Dear sweet Speckles, please tell my Tucker Man that I love and miss him still!
You all have fun and happy times at the bridge!

Love and Hugs,
Kim

Craftlady
12-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Those photos are so sweet. Nice memory to cherish :)

Corinna
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
LESCan't see to type hugs

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Slick, I'm glad that Speckles made it to Rainbow Bridge safely. I too have LES after reading your post. :( I'm glad that you were able to share her last pictures with us and yes they're priceless. As Debbie has said things will get better with time. I too wish that I could say something to help comfort you during this difficult time but all I can offer you are some giant cyber hugs. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please take care. RIP sweet Speckles. (((HUGS)))

wolflady
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif
Another LES person here! That was really beautiful Slick. The pictures that you included really got the tears flowing. Speckles was dearly loved, and indeed she is celebrating the holidays at the RB. I hope she can say hello to Socks and Misty for me! What a beautiful christmas angel she must be right now.

Many hugs and prayers for you during this most difficult of times.

**hugs**
Karen

Barbara
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I am sitting here crying.
Slick, sending us this wonderful letter from Speckles- it sounds as if you wanted to comfort us!

I can see the love between you and Speckles in your pictures and I hope she meets my little Meo at the bridge.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm crying so hard, I hope this makes sense. Sometimes during morning prayers, pictures flash in my mind. This morning I was asking God to make sure Speckles got lots of hugs and kisses when a picture of her arriving and being greeted by a MOB of animals and people flashed in my mind.

There were animal and people kisses and tons of cuddles too. A certain black bunny insisted on being the first to greet her.

Before Speckles entered the gates of the bridge, she turned and blew a kiss to earth and whispered, "Thanks Meowmie! I love you! I'll always be near, you may not see me, but I'll be there just the same. When you feel a breeze, think of me. I can now run faster than the wind!"

Edwina's Secretary
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Godspeed Speckles...

Randi
12-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Slick, I'm so glad Speckles had a safe trip to the RB - she is now running free and playing with all the other kitties. :)

The pictures of Speckles are wonderful, although I can see she is tired and ready to go. :(

I wish I could be there to comfort you, Slick - I am sending big hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. You know how to contact me.

Speckles, you were such a beautiful kitty and we all miss you. Please look in on your meowmie from time to time - and know that you will never be forgotten!

Rest in Peace, sweet girl!

Glacier
12-21-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm glad you had a safe trip, Speckles, although I am sorry you had to leave. Have fun with Twicket. He'll show you all sorts of fun stuff..watch out for his honeysuckle addiction!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Slick.

neko1
12-21-2005, 03:38 PM
LES....

(((HUGS))) Slick. I am thinking of you.

Thank you so much for sharing those last precious pictures of Speckles.

manda_moo87
12-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Another pair of watery eyes here... :( :( :(

Oh Slick... sending you lots and lots of gentle hugs.

Speckles, make sure to look for a handsome ginger boy by the name of Perkins.

lizbud
12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I am so sorry to learn of Speckles passing.What a beautiful tribute
to the love between you & your sweet girl. I'm sure she will never leave
your heart. Rest In Peace Speckles. :(

captain
12-21-2005, 05:30 PM
SLick,

That was beautiful.
{{{hugs}}} to you ......

Love Michelle

jenluckenbach
12-21-2005, 05:31 PM
I am shamelessly sitting here crying my eyes out. :(

Those photos are a wonderful ending to a cherished life.

RIP Speckles.

Russian Blue
12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
I am sitting here crying.
Slick, sending us this wonderful letter from Speckles- it sounds as if you wanted to comfort us!

I can see the love between you and Speckles in your pictures and I hope she meets my little Meo at the bridge.

I can't see the screen after reading Slick's letter. I knew Speckles would have a safe journey because of all the hearts that were with her.

Speckles, please say hi to my first cat Kissa. I had her in my life for 23 years and it's been awhile since I've heard from her.

Sorry, have to go get a kleenex.

RedHedd
12-21-2005, 05:42 PM
LES here too :( What a wonderful tribute to Speckles. I'm sure my RB Goldie was part of the welcoming committee too. Just look for a beautiful orangie plume of a tail on a gorgeous fluffy green eyed gal. Speckles, keep purring in your meowmie's ear.

kb2yjx
12-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Speckles, you are the latest messenger that went to the bridge, carrying with you lots of love for all the PT's kitties that you will be meeting! What a very important job and you will do it well!! Sleep softly sweet Speckles...Sandra

moosmom
12-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I am absolutely speechless. I am sitting here stunned with tears in my eyes. Please accept my sincere condolences. :(

Glad you made it safely to the RB, Speckles. Give smoochies to Casey "Bubba Dude" and Marina Mar and tell them I love and miss them very much, just like I know your Mama is going to miss you. :(

Hugs to you Slick

(((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Donna

koxka
12-21-2005, 09:02 PM
:( :( Rest in peace Speckles.

Hugs to you Slick

luvofallhorses
12-21-2005, 09:42 PM
{{{{slick}}}}

R.I.P. Sweet Speckles. :(

AmberLee
12-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I am shamelessly sitting here crying my eyes out.

Those photos are a wonderful ending to a cherished life.

RIP Speckles.

How beautifully worded. And I'm crying, too.

Nomilynn
12-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Well I (barely) held it together until I got to MOFF's post.. so many wonderful words of support and love here.

Vic you know I'm always praying for you. *HUGS* to you and Max

emily_the_spoiled
12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
LES here...

Slick I know that was one of the hardest decisions you ever had to make. Speckles is now watching over you and playing with all our RB friends who have gone before.

I am so sorry :(

Kirsten
12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
What a wonderful and loving tribute! :) Speckles, did you meet my Katz already? When you meet her, please tell her I love her very much. And when you see Aysche, please let her know that I'm so sorry that I found out too late about her illness...

Slick, I'm glad you have these photos! They must be so precious to you!
The last photos I ever took of my Katz got lost because my camera broke. It's something I terribly regret.

Dear sweet Speckles, have a wonderful time at the Bridge!

Kirsten

rg_girlca
12-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Slick, I think you have all of PT crying right along with you.
((((((HUGS)))))) for you in your time of sorrow.

What a very unique and loving tribute.

Rest In Peace dear Speckles and have fun on the Rainbow Bridge.
Say HI to my Katie girl for me.

WolvesRawk
12-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Have fun, Speckles! Say hi to my friends there! Don't forget about your Meowmie!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Slick, I received a special whisper in my ear for you this morning:

"pssst: mawmee thank you so much for the wonderful tribute. Just have to tell you, I have a new nickname. It's Sparkles, because I just sparkle and shine from all the love you and the Pet Talk family are sending me. All the animals are getting ready for the big party tomorrow but we will all be sending special Christmas wishes to our families.
Love forever (remember I'll be with you even if you don't see me)
Speckles aka Sparkles ♥♥♥♥♥

RedHedd
12-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Aw shoot, MOFF, now I have LES again. RIP Sparkles.

finn's mom
12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm just now seeing this...what a sweet precious soul...and a wonderful tribute, befitting of a good friend.

slick
12-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Oh MOFF.....I was doing so good today....spoke to lots of PT'ers on the phone.......now I see this.

Major LES..... :( :( :( I miss you so much little Sparkles.....

Thank you MOFF for relaying the message and a final thank you to all of you for the well wishes through PT, PM's, emails and phone calls. Your love and support mean so much to me and I only hope that I can give back just as much to you.

Vermontcat
12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Slick, I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in this thread until now.
I tried to read through it several times but the LES took over.
I am so sorry that Speckles has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. :(
Hugs to you at this difficult time.

orangemm
12-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I join the others (and you) with LES. I pray that Speckles will continue to have a wonderful time at the RB. I'm sad, but comforted in the fact that she is resting peacefully with our loved ones.

Frostfrog
12-26-2005, 03:08 PM
So much love expressed by so many who never knew Speckles except in Cyberspace. Her memory will always be alive in your heart and on these pages.

RobiLee
01-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Ohhhh my, I'm so so sorry.

Rest In Peace, Speckles. I'm glad you made it to the bridge safely. Have fun there and watch over your mommy.

{{{Big Hugs For You, Slick}}}

lisalee
01-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm so terribly sorry you lossed your sweet, precious Speckles. She's now just happily waiting for you to join her someday. Rest in peace Speckles, your mommy loved you so very much.

slick
12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey Meowmie, can you hear me???? I just wanted to fill you in on what's happening up here. It's so neat. On the first anniversary of an angel's passing, there is this huge parteee with lots of balloons to chase and lots of catnip to taste. As you can imagine, with all the angels up here, there's a parteee every day. It's so much fun and I feel so good. I miss you Meowmie.

It amazing Meowmie, but I just can't get over how fast the days go by. There's so much to do and so many angels to meet. I've got my own little spot on the sun ray where I sleep when I play too hard. It's so nice and warm.

I secretly heard that they are preparing for my 1st anniversary parteee and I can hardly wait. It would be so wonderful if you make it up here for the 21st, but it's a long way for you to travel and you are not ready for the Bridge yet. I'll be thinking of you though. I love you Meowmie.

My sweet Sparkles.....do you know that I didn't have the heart to put up a Christmas tree this year?? It just didn't seem right not to have you beneath it. Maybe next year. There are some nights that I wake up and I feel you snuggled under the blankets beside me. I'm sure that's you....comforting me and watching over me. Thank you for that.

I miss you more than you will ever know and you'd better save a spot for me on that sun ray...right beside you. We will sleep peacefully forever.

dukedogsmom
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh Slick. That made me sad. I'm sorry you're still feeling the loss so strongly. I know exactly how you feel. No decorations for me, either. Pm me any time you want to talk.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Oh my gosh.... cannot stop crying here... :(

Take care, dear Slick!! A very special cat-angel is watching over you now!!

message to Specles aka Sparkles: please look for my Sydney and tell him we all miss him so much! Merry Christmas to you!!

kb2yjx
12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Dear Slick, this Christmas is going to be difficult one for many of us that have lost a beloved cat/cats this year. And so many have gone to the Bridge. They are planning a wonderful Christmas party for all the cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies that never knew the love that they did while they lived with us!! It will be so special and a tribute to those who were left behind to cope with their passing.
Christmas was Ralph Syracuse's FAVOURITE time of year!! He loved to help wrapping presents, " fixing " the tablecloth, eating the ribbon, tissue paper, and fake tree, then promptly throwing up. This will be the first Christmas in 2 years that he will not be sick. Ralph is with your Speckles and all the other PT cats and kittens at the Bridge. They are young, healthy, and handsome as ever!! They wait patiently for us...Take care...Sandra

wolflady
12-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Gosh, this just made me cry all over again. The pictures at the beginning of this thread are definitely LES touching moments that will no doubt be cherished forever.

The holidays do seem more difficult when your loved ones are gone. But, Speckles isn't really gone, for you've felt her presence. :)

**hugs**

gini
12-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Big hugs for you my friend. Anniversaries of our beloved pets passing are so hard. They bring back all of the feelings and tears. It is doubly hard when they happen to be around Christmas.

I really do believe all of us who have lost precious pets, now do have angels that whisper purrs in our ears to comfort us, or perhaps a still wet nose that touches our face with love.

Speckles has been very busy this year telling everyone what a great life he had with you and how much he misses you too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Tubby here, Auntie Slick. Shhhhh.....don't tell Speckles but we are planning the BEST partee ever for her! The way it works is that all RB residents are in attendance, but all those who have become residents within the last year get to sit at the table of honor. Unfortunately that table is always over flowing. So you see....it's not that we don't want you to be here too....but there's just no room for you yet. And besides, Speckles tells me that her snotty brother Max still needs you down on the ol' dirt ball to take care of him. So don't worry, Speckles understands that you can't be here yourself. But that's ok, she loves to visit you during the night and she really enjoyed helping you re-cup-er-ate after your sir-jury.

I gotta go now, Auntie Slick. Head bumpies to you. Tell meowmy I said Hi!

Slick. I know exactly what you're going through. :( {{{{hugs}}}}

Bengalz
12-19-2006, 09:35 PM
A big hug for you and Max from Eve and me. Having lost beloved furbabies myself, I can understand your feelings and the sadness. The upside is that you have experienced that wonderful relationship with Speckles and although you miss her terribly, she will never leave you (as painful as that may be at times).

There are many times when I feel Roxy and August's presence. That feeling is bittersweet - wonderful to know that they will never "leave" me but painful to know that I can't hold them and cuddle them and play with them the way I once did. Eve has really helped in her own way. Although she never knew Roxy and August, she "knows" they were here and often cuddles up in some of their favourite spots after a good sniff :) She helps to keep their spirit with us always. In fact, I think there is some communication happening on a level that I cannot consciously apprehend. Eve has begun to do certain things that only Roxy would know about and I can't tell you just how wonderful that is for me. Although it sounds bizarre I am certain they have a spiritual connection and I'm just fine with that :)

Betty