PDA

View Full Version : Sweet little baby Pebbles...........

Soapets
11-19-2005, 07:23 AM
I am SOOO, SOOOOO sad right now! I went up to check on the babies, and baby "Pebbles" was limp and not moving. I picked her up, and she had JUST passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. WHY are there such MORONS out there who let things like this happen to such beautiful creatures?????????????? She never really had a chance. I tried everything I knew to try......... I am going to take her out to the Humane Society in a little while, and they will take care of her bodily remains. Her spirit is now at the Rainbow Bridge, playing and happy and healthy and no longer malnourished........

Major LES here right now! :(

Here is a picture of her, the first one I took:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p3648007118909138ded32332a56a516b/f16e573b.jpg

Deb

Kirsten
11-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Oh no!!! :( I just saw the other post about her this morning, and I replied that she's such a beautiful and sweet little girl... :(

This is so sad, and I'm so very sorry for you and the little girl.

R.I.P. little one!

Kirsten

Alycat
11-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi

I am so sorry. She was preciouis and beautiful. Its not fair that these things happen. At least her last few days were wonderful being with you instead of at the shelter.

Aly

kilbarchancats
11-19-2005, 07:35 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear that. You gave her a wonderful chance which is a beautiful thing. God bless, little one. xx

rosethecopycat
11-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Oh, she was too beautiful for this world. :(
She touched more lives than we'll ever know.

Godspeed, Pebbles

catnapper
11-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I am so sorry! I know you did everything you could. This is the heartbreaking, hard part of rescue. (((hugs))) to you.

Felix
11-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh no thats sad. :( Im so sorry.Such a sweet little one,how can people be so cruel?I know you done the best you could,and you gave her a chance in your loving home.Play hard at RB sweet baby girl.

CalliesMom
11-19-2005, 08:28 AM
:( RIP Little one. I am so sorry she didn't make it.

kuhio98
11-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace, Sweet Pebbles. You were loved!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh no..... not this beautiful sweet tortie..... :( . Don't worry, you did all you could for her and at least she got the chance to spend a few happy days in loving care!!
Godspeed to the RB, little onehttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20474%20rainbow_bridge.gif

catmandu
11-19-2005, 09:55 AM
That is such a sad thing to happen to Pebbles.If she had proper Guardians,she would be enjoying life in a nice Furr Ever Home.
But Our Lord,in his infinite Mercy,and Wisdom has made Pebbles an Eternal Angel and she will have Fun,and Joy with the Pet Talker Angel Army.
And Pebbles appreciates,that she passed on as a Companion,and will Thank You in Person,when you see her One Fine Day.

Grace
11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm so very sorry - that poor little thing.

She's fine now - at the Bridge with all who have gone before. I know Phineas is looking out for her and Henry is thinking of places to go and people to see with her.

Corinna
11-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Everyone says all I can say so HUG

PJ's Mom
11-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Awww, Deb. I'm so sorry. :( RIP, little one.

Laura's Babies
11-19-2005, 11:13 AM
This little one has touched so many of us. She was brought into your life so that she could be brought into ours and her passing would not go unnoticed. Her life was brief but she touched many. I made this for the special little girl she was and so that her life will not be forgotten.
RIP Little Angel, I will not forget you!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Tortiewithangle.jpg

Soapets
11-19-2005, 11:59 AM
That is so beautiful, Laura! Thank you for making it!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It is difficult to believe she was only here for 2 1/2 days!

Before I took her body to the Humane Society, I had to tell my son about her passing. He works at Wendy's, and on Saturdays he goes early so he can help unload a truck and stock supplies, etc. I called Wendy's when I got there, and had him come out to our van so I could tell him. He was absolutely crushed when I told him the news. He didn't want to stay and work, but I told him he had to. I let him see her tiny body, and tell her goodbye. Then I went to the Humane Society and just waited in my van until someone finally came. They don't open until 10:00, but the workers come around 8:00 to take care of all of the pets there, etc.

The first Animal Control Officer to show up took her inside after I explained the situation to her. She took my name, and said she'd let the others there know about little Pebbles, too. I cried all the way home. I feel so bad! :(

Deb

orangemm
11-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh, Deb, my heart goes out to you. How terribly sad for this beautiful little angel. I was doing all right until I saw Laura's beautiful angel and now I just can't help crying. Thank goodness she had a few happy days with you.

Play hard at the RB little Pebbles. We all love you!

Soapets
11-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I printed out a copy of Laura's angel tribute, and am going to frame it. I'll let my son keep it in his room, and now I know little Pebbles is one more Angel watching over him. She will help the remaining two fosters here thrive, also, so that they can go on to find their furever homes here on this earth. I hope she knew that not everyone and everything in this world is cold and cruel!

Deb

aki
11-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I am so sorry! :(

Poor little baby. Reminded me so much of my Chuck when he was a toddler. I was really looking forward to see her all grown up.

RIP Pebbles

kimlovescats
11-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh sweetie, I am so sorry! I have had to go through this far too many times, many only recently, and it never gets an easier. :( :( You were an angel for taking her in and showing her love .. there was apparently something underlying in her that you could not have known or helped. Please try to comfort yourself in knowing that you did all you could, and there are those other two little ones who still need you so.

Laura does such beautiful work with her Memorials ... how precious that you are going to be able to print and frame that for your sweet son!

HUGS to you both!

Kim

carole
11-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh I am so sad for you, she was a beautiful lil girl, a fur-angel only lent, take heart in knowing she had loving care from you until her passing, I know the heartache you and your son are feeling, HUGS to you both and bless your hearts for being there when needed for this precious one, RIP sweet Pebbles..

Laura's Babies
11-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Soapets, I was thinking of your son when I made that and I knew he would be terriably upset. It was made to print quality so it should print out pretty good.

Pebbles touched us all, she was SO special, I knew that from the start!

Jessika
11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
oh, my God. This makes me so sad. She was so beautiful and as I said I have the biggest soft spot for torties. At least she is in a better place now!

Shady
11-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm deeply saddened..poor little baby.

I have a feeling you got her just a little too late, I know with your loving care and attention she would have had a fighting chance in this world.

When I read about how your son was feeding her etc. I was thinking to myself that little girl (I bet) will have a permanent home there.

I'm so sorry, just remember you loved her when no one else did and for that she'll be there at the Rainbow Bridge, healthy, full of life and waiting for you.

God speed little one.

prechrswife
11-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that sweet little baby... :(

rg_girlca
11-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Even though I haven't posted for a few days, I have been viewing some of the threads. Your foster babies was one of them.

Deb, words cannot express how deeply sorry I am that precious widdle Pepples had to leave so soon for the RB. My tears are flowing with yours. You did all that you could sweetie and then some. The hardest part of rescue work is that by the time you get time, sometimes it's too late to help them, no matter how hard you try to save them. I'm glad that Pepples had at least 2 1/2 days in her short life, knowing what love and care truly is. Bless you for that.

((((((HUGS)))))) for you Deb.

Rest in Peace dear sweet Pepples.

catmandu
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I know how you feel about Pebbles.
Just this year I had to say goodbye to GCK,Charcoal and Angels after they spent some time in the Basement.
They all had advanced FIP,and nothing could be done for them.
They all hand Lunch Today with kb2ycks Spunky,Kims Spunkier,Taz,Beans ,Jens Y.Lee,and All My Found Cat Angels at Paneras.
Pebble will be in Good Paws,and you will see her Little Face,One Fine Day.

Gin
11-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I just now saw this thread, and I'm so sorry to hear about the little tortie. At least you gave her a good home and lots of love and care. I was following your thread about the three little ones, and I wanted to take them all home! Hang in there, and please continue your wonderful work of caring for fosters!

kb2yjx
11-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I am so sorry to read about little Pebbles!!! Though her time with you was short, she knew that she was loved. Sleep softly, sweet Pebbles....Sandra

momcat
11-19-2005, 07:59 PM
There will be many leaky eyes in the PT community tonight, mine included. Take comfort in knowing that because of you, Pebbles knew love and care in her far too short life. RIP little one.

Uabassoon
11-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pebbles. Please know that you made the last days of her life so much better and filled with love.

shais_mom
11-20-2005, 12:30 AM
I am so sorry Deb- she was very special and had the best chance with you.
She stole my heart right thru the screen.
Poor Little love.

Godspeed sweetie.

krazyaboutkatz
11-20-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pebbles passing. :( At least she knew that she was loved. RIP sweetheart. :(

smokey the elder
11-20-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm so sorry about that precious baby. She had love and a name for her last few days on earth. {{{Hugs}}}

just me
11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
My heart is breaking :(
What a sweet kitty.
RIP little one

Court
12-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I am in tears as I write this. I am so sorry for your loss. She was gorgeous! I know my grandmother and my deceased Whiskers are looking after her right now.

catmandu
12-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Pebbles will be the Guest of Honor at the Pet Angel Amy Partee in Hawaii.
She will get to fill her plate first at the Luau,and will be The Eternal Kitten of The Month.
At least she was with you,and went as a Companion not a Starry Cat.
And Pebbles will never forget what you did,and will see you in Heaven,One Fine Day.

Frostfrog
01-07-2006, 02:50 AM
You can take comfort that, through you, little Pebbles touched so many hearts.