PDA

View Full Version : Female Schipperke and Male Cocker Spaniel Need Home/Foster Home Immediately!

mardigras
05-27-2005, 04:00 PM
These dogs have been living at the kennel I work at since January '05 because their owners could not pay their bill. Now that they have signed the release forms for the animals, my managers have to find them a home or the owner of the kennel will send them to a shelter. I am in desperate need of a home for the both of them, at the very least a foster home to give us more time.

They are wonderful dogs, both spayed/neutered and potty trained. They know some basic obediance skills. Abby (the Schipperke) is 5, and Zeus (the Cocker) is 4. For the most part they are very low-energy; Abby does tend to jump and bark when she is excited (most of that might be from living at a kennel since January). A walk or a run in the backyard keeps them happy. They both love to be scratched and will sit with you forever. They are best friends and must go together.

Thank you guys in advance for anything you can do to help these dogs. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself beforehand, I am just a bit in panic-mode trying to find these two wonderful dogs a home!

-Beth

Karen
05-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Have you posted them on PetFinder.org?

mardigras
05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, but they said they have to review the ad before it is posted. I had to post a classified because I don't have an account or any money to start one (I'm assuming they cost money?).

Uabassoon
05-27-2005, 06:05 PM
If they are still in the shelter then you can see if they will post an add for them. It doesn't cost money to have a petfinder account, but you have to be a rescue or shelter in order to have an account. I know there are some people here with rescues that have a petfinder account, maybe someone will see this and volunteer to post an add for you.

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm a member of the petfinder.com forums, I could see if anyone on there would be willing to help if you'd like me to. :)
Do you have any pictures of them? I bet people would be more willing to help if pictures were included.

Hope these sweeties find homes!

mardigras
05-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh, anything you could possibly do to help these two I would be so grateful for! I don't have any pictures yet, I work on Sunday though so I will bring my camera and get some. They are pretty shaggy looking (especially Zeus) but still incredibly adorable. Thank you!

melrose95
05-30-2005, 11:33 AM
where do you live i might could help

mardigras
05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I am about 30-45 minutes north of Atlanta, GA. The dogs are in the Alpharetta/Roswell area. If there is any chance you could help, please email me at [email protected] (put in the subject line something about helping Abby and Zeus so I know it doesn't go straight to my junk mail folder). Thanks!

Gidgetgirl
05-31-2005, 06:27 AM
I am involved in rescue, therefore I can assure you there are rescue groups for both of these angels. Do a search for each breed. Hopefully they will assist you in placing them and may even be able to take them into their program. Be careful as to whom you let have these dogs. Good luck!
~~Nellie Allain
S.O.S.Rescue
Plaquemine,LA 70764
sos.rescuegroups.org
225-687-7994

Rachel
05-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Beth, I just wanted to say that I admire you for your willingness to go the extra mile for these dear dogs. I only wish I were in a position to add more dogs to our family, but financially and physically it would not be a good idea.

Please keep up your efforts and do not be discouraged. I hope that you keep us updated on what happens. We would love to see a picture too. It might just be what it takes to convince someone to fall in love. Good luck and God bless you and Abby and Zues.

Just wanted to add that having adopted a male cocker myself 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My Tucker boy's middle name is Love....need I say more?