PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Shepard girl

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Yesterday I did a transport for the sweetest shepard!! Heidi is a 7 year old female, whose owners no longer wanted her (they had her since she was 4 months old). They had 7 kids, another cat and a dog, and Heidi got along with all. Their reason's for giving her up? Sometimes she has the runs (they didn't think chaining her food was neccesary), she is afraid of thunderstorms, and is staring to get arthritis and they can't remember to give her glucosamine. People :rolleyes:

Anyway, Heidi is now in a foster home in Maryland. Hopefully she can find a wonderful home, where she is the center of attention and will get the love and caring she deserves!!

Isn't she pretty?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p6bc53f7151effc9cbb44e642b98b3d65/f4d918cb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p08bd923da52e276ce06ee43cb70b18d9/f4d918e6.jpg

pitc9
03-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Oh bless your heart Amy!! She IS pretty!! I'm glad she's out of that mean home.

I hope she finds the perfect furever home soon!!

Lexi_Lover
03-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Heidi is a very pretty girl. Oh I would have loved to get the sweet-heart. You are so lucky! :p And you are so generous to go and do that for her.

I can't believe they would give her up for that! You're right...people:rolleyes:I bet she is having an awesome time at her foster until she finds her a fur-ever home! :)

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Here's Heidi's web page with the rescue group she is now with.

Tails of Hope (http://www.tails-of-hope.org/animals/detail.php?AnimalID=3379)

Rachel
03-13-2005, 10:10 AM
What a beautiful, shiney coat she has. How sad that she was displaced after half a lifetime of devotion to this family. She is probably getting more love and attention from the rescue group than she did at home.

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Here's an update I got this morning...one day in rescue, and already some potential interest!!

I want to once again thank everyone for their part in helping to get Heidi
to us.. I have not yet personally met her but I hear she's doing well and
quite beautiful but a bit overweight..(aren't we all, LOL?). She will
remain in this foster home until Thurs when she will meet a potential
adopter. On Monday she will go to the vet for some blood work just as a
screening since she is 8 yr old. Everyone has told me how well she did on
the transport and what a sweet girl she is. We have a couple excellent
prospects for this wonderful girl for a forever home.

Rachel
03-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the uppydate, Amy. These are the kind of dogs I just want the very best for. If she gets a good home, you know she will show her appreication over and over again.

anna_66
03-13-2005, 04:26 PM
What a beautiful girl she is Amy, and I'm so glad to hear that there are already potential prospects for her!
She's so gorgeous, won't take that sweetheart long to find a home:D

delidog
03-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh Amy,
She IS Beautiful!!!!

Thanks for helping her!!!

So Glad that she has Potential Owners already...

Shame on those STUPID last owners...they don't deserve her...
I wonder how they treat their other dogs??

shais_mom
03-13-2005, 11:09 PM
poor thing.
She is gorgeous.

The scary thing is that they have 7 kids! :mad: