PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!

Cincy'sMom
12-11-2004, 01:06 PM
I was sitting here browsing pet talk, watching to U of Michigan basketball agme, and glaced up to see a puppy store commerical. Of course they had a website, so I decided to look...

Puppies4u (http://www.puppies4u.net/index.htm)

This first page sounds okay...think carefully before you get a pet, the "right things" to say

Then, I read "About us"...been around along time, worked with vets, we resposnsible breeders, again, sounds okay, not great, esp. selling puppies onthe internet, but I'm trying to be open-minded...and then....

Today's second generation owners continue to follow the traditions of their forefathers, emphasizing customer service and satisfaction, and making puppies more affordable than ever. We have a large selection of registered, purebred puppies available, as well as a variety of hybrid and "designer dogs" such as labradoodles, puggles, cockapoos and MORE. If we don't have what you're looking for, or, if you have a specific request as to breed, gender, and color, our Puppy Locator Service can find your exact puppy usually within 1 week.

You are going to find me what mix and sex of dog I want from a "responsible breeder"in one week?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!! UGH!!

Still curious, I checked out what "designer dogs" they had...

and this is just 1 listing..

Shar Pei & Basset

Male - 8/22/2004 - Black/Tan

Male - 8/22/2004 - Fawn

Male - 8/22/2004 - Fawn

and again, I say UGH!! It is bad enough we have the pet population problems we do, but even mutts are now "designed dogs"

Sorry for my ranting, but again, UGH!!!