PDA

View Full Version : Boots, da Beloved Ranch Kat, helped to The Rainbow Bridge today, Friday, June 29, '07

Cinder & Smoke
06-29-2007, 06:18 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

WHY, God?

Why, WHY, God, WHY did You pick on HIM?

First it was Bowser, now Boots ... WHY?

If I've done, or not done, something to upset You - punish ME ...
NOT my Beloved FurKids. I can handle being old & sick -
the FurKids can't and don't deserve that kind of treatment.

After all he's been through in his life ... the blockages, the UTIs,
the PU operation, more UTIs, more crystals, and now diabetes?
I thought You were a Fair and Loving God ... how Fair is this?

WHY didn't You let him call out for help?
"Finding him" last night, passed out in his own mess and spilled water cup ...
what dignity was there in that? He seemed to feel better after I bathed him
in the sink with warm water. Oh, he rallied for a while overnight;
but not enough. His Doc Mike was on vacation - thanks again, God.
Crago Vets said rush him right over - we'll make a spot for him ....

Doc looked, prodded, and tested ... "It's his time ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif ... He's going to be suffering."
His kidneys were in failure, no urine in his bladder, and he'd become dehydrated.
We weren't sure he was really totally conscious, but every time I stopped petting him -
he'd pick his head up and look around with vacant eyes searching for me ...

I won't leave you now, Dear Boots.
It only took a minute for him to slip away and hop on the Silver Cloud ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GodSpeed, Dear Boots ~

We've been through a lot since you climbed or jumped in through the dog-torn
screen door as a tiny Kitten back in the summer of 1998 ...
Shadow the Husky/Shepherd didn't exactly "welcome" you into the fold ...
but we managed to "adjust" her attitude and you did become buddies.

Shadow got called to The Bridge, and we both decied the Ranch was too quiet ...
You handled lil Cinder pretty well ... then She invited SmokeMuttz in ...
THAT was a lil much for you, but he learned the routine in good time.

Remember when Bowser showed up? I was afraid you'd Pack & Leave ...
but Bowz came already "Kat Smart" and you actually *liked* him!

You accepted a long list of "overnight guests" at the Ranch ... all shapes and sizes
... and hardly a Hiss or a Grrrr.

Dunno WHY you kept getting the short sticks ... crystals, blocked plummin,
the Big Operation --- you handled that like a CHAMP! Remember *Ridin inna Bus*?
You became a seasoned commuter back and forth to the Shop and the White Coats ...
*Glomp* your Cone on the windshield, brace the fronts on the dash, back ones on the
front seat ... and you'd Ride Forever!
We *turned* many a head driving down the Boulevard!

I wish you'd called out to me for Help the last couple of days;
but maybe you'd become tired of all the Fuss to stay well.

I'm sorry I wasn't a better Purrent for you, but I hope God knows I *TRIED*!

You're in {{{God'sHands}}} now, lil Buddy ... I'm hoping you Feel Better already.

If you don't mind, I think I'll bury your Ashes right beside Shadow's Grave, in the
back yard of the Ranch. She'll make sure you Stay Safe.

With ALL my Love, Dear Boots ~
/s/ Your Loving Dad

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Catty1
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh, Phred! Boots is so young to have gone through all that...and didn't want to worry her dad.

I was just reading the thread from a year ago when Miles died, and the lovely tribute you wrote for Miles and Gina.

And came back to see the notice about Boots...so soon after dear dear Bowser.

HUGS Phred - I am sending you all the hugs I can.

Boots, you and Bowser get together and let your Pa know you are ok...

oh, Phred, I am so sorry...!... :(

Karen
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh, dear. Sending you very big hugs in this difficult time. Boots lived in a loving, very special home, and has been a part of Pet Talk, even when his siblings were more "talkative."

Rest in peace, buddy, you'll never be forgotten. Join all the tuxies at the Rainbow Bridge in formal procession, after all, you were always dressed for elegance, right?

Prairie Purrs
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm so very sorry. Boots was a fine kat, and he knows you loved him and did everything that could have been done for him.

Be happy at the Bridge, Boots. PT won't be the same without you. Please keep an eye on the ranch, OK?

Freedom
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh my, Phred, I am truly sorry that things went so quickly for Boots. It just doesn't give you any tie to adjust to the situation. don't worry, Boots knows how much you cared and loved and shared and worried, and Boots LOVED every moment of the time with you. RIP, dear Boots.

phesina
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you and the loss of your beloved Boots.

Hugs and LES,
Pat

Grace
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh Phred, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Too soon for Boots to go. Please don't beat yourself up; I really do believe that there are times when our beloved pets pick their own times.

He will be happy at The Bridge - and Bowser will be delighted to have a familiar face around.

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
What a shock for you. I'm so, so sorry to read this.

Boots had a wonderful home and someone to help him through all those difficult days. What more can anyone ask? You did well by him, and he knew it.

Rest in peace Boots. We will not forget you.

jenluckenbach
06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
{{{{{{{PHRED}}}}}}} I can't type through the tears. I couldn't even finish your written tribute. But please, PLEASE believe that God is not punishing you or Boots. Cats are prideful, they do not want their loved ones to know when they are sick. :( You could NOT have been a better pet dad, or for that matter, a better human being. This is part of life......and it SUCKS!

Hold on to the memories! Boots will ALWAYS be with you!

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh dear Boots....godspeed dear boy, godspeed. Rest easy now.....

K9soul
06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I am so very sorry.. :( My deepest sympathies to you and the furry ones. Heaven has a very special new fur-angel up above. Prayers and hugs going out to you tonight Phred.

Freckles
06-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh Phred, I'm so sorry to read this. It's always too soon, and we're never ready.
Rest easy, Boots. You'll always be remembered.

gini
06-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Dear Phred, I just can't respond properly now - so I will later on.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm in so much shock, although I'm sure it's nothing compared to the shock you are experiencing, Phred. I can't believe it all happened so fast, with no warning or sign from Boots. He knew you were going through a rough time because of Bowser and didn't want to worry you more.

It's good to know that even at the end he recognized his dear ol' dad and wanted you near.

{{{hugs}}} {{{hugs}}} and more {{{hugs}}} Phred. I'm so sorry this had to happen, especially so soon after Bowser's trip.

Boots, we never saw you much here on PT, but we heard much about you and yet you were a most beloved member of PT. I know Shadow will take real good care of you, but please look up your other buddies too, like Bowser, Grandmom and all the other PT friends who will be waiting to greet you.

Phred, I'm so sorry. :(

AbbyMom
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm so sorry. RIP Boots.

Pam
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Phred I have no words that will help at this time. The wound is fresh and the shock of how suddenly you lost your little buddy will heal only over time.

We weren't sure he was really totally conscious, but every time I stopped petting him -
he'd pick his head up and look around with vacant eyes searching for me ...

Leaky eyes. :( I'm glad you at least had this short amount of time with him. Please know that we all grieve with you.

Medusa
06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Boots. Sounds to me like he was very well taken care of and loved and what more can we ask for in this life? Now he's at peace. Prayers going out for yours.

sasvermont
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Phred, I am so sorry to hear this news about Boots. We all loved that guy so. I know he is having fun at the bridge with all the other kitties and pupsters already there, waiting for him.

RIP Boots.

Queen of Poop
06-29-2007, 08:28 PM
I am so sorry. It was too soon to say goodbye. I am sure Bowser was there to greet Boots. So sad, so very sad. :(

catmandu
06-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Boots was walking up the path to his New pet Angels ceremony at the Dalai Lamas temple in Tibet when Bowser came and helped him on with his wings.
Its great up here Boots , there losts of food toys and treats and we are always visiting Great Places.
We are so happy here.
But I miss My Meowmie Boots cries.
And she misses you Boots but the great thing is that we can fly down and vist her and let her know that we are all right. Weve got a big party next week a yacht hired by rkidsrcats and Salmon Dinner.
And we will see her and have wonderful places that we can visit together.
One Fine Day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101955.jpg

Alysser
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Phred, I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I really can't..there are no words to describe the pain you're going through. I'm so sorry.

RIP sweet Boots. Godspeed. :(

k9krazee
06-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh Phred, it's hard to type through the tears. I am so sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what you're going through. ((((((((hugs))))))

Rest Easy Boots da Kat...you will be missed little guy.

moosmom
06-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Phred,

I'm crying right now. I am so SOOOO sorry for your loss. Boots was very lucky to have you in his life.

RIP dear, sweet Boots. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

(((((((HUGS)))))) to you Phred.

jazzcat
06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh Phred I am so sorry. What a shock and heartbreak. :(

Rest in Peace sweet Boots. You will be missed.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Aw, Phred! :(

Aw, Boots! :(

I'm so sorry!

Boots, sweetie, you will be missed so much!!! You and Bowser need to watch over your dad. He has a kat and dog sized hole in his heart right now.

At least you are totally and forever well now. Be at peace until we all get to meet up with you at the bridge. Tell my Leroy Hi for me, ok?
(((HUGS))) to you Phred
:(

jennielynn1970
06-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Phred, I'm so sorry to hear about Boots' crossing the bridge. Your tribute has me typing through the tears. Boots was a gorgeous cat, classy like all tuxies are in their own way. He knew you were there with him... know that. Even if you couldn't tell, he knew.

Boots, hon, you go find my tuxie boy Bear, he crossed the bridge almost one year ago. He's a handsome guy like you, and so friendly.

Phred, I was just asked by my neighbors about 30 minutes ago what the name of the stray tuxie on my porch was named, and I hadn't named him yet. He's a sweet boy, who needs some TLC and a good home, and to learn to trust humans again... if it's ok with you, I think I'll name him Boots. I was just trying to think of an appropriate name tonight, and I think being named in honor of your Boots means he'll have an angel looking out for him in this crazy world, and hopefuly keep him safe till I can get him to trust me more and find him a safe forever home.

Play hard at the bridge Boots, and keep an eye on your dad. He's having a tough time right now missing you and Bowser.

{{HUGS}} Phred... my thoughts are with you.

slick
06-29-2007, 10:58 PM
My dear Phred: I read this thread earlier today at work but my eyes leaked so much that I could not respond. Even now I'm struggling for the right words.

I can only imagine the pain you must be in right now after the loss of Bowser and now Boots Da Kat. The one thing you can count on is that they both knew how much you loved them. That type of unconditional love is wonderful but it can also pierce a hole right through your heart. Please know that we all feel the pain that you carry and we cry the tears that you shed.

It's not God's fault and it's not your fault. His time here on earth was up and he was probably needed at the RB for some very special task that only Boots could carry out.

When you sleep tonight, listen very carefully for that special purr in your ear to say "It's OK Daddy. I'm doing just fine and have my youthful body back again."

Big {{{hugs}}} Phred

Bengalz
06-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh Dear Phred :(

This is so so sad and at such a painful time, having just lost Bowser. Poor little Boots - life just isn't always fair - to have taken you so early. Rest in Peace little one and know there are many here who love you and will miss you always.

Phred please remember when a kitty gets sick, he won't always tell you and often, unfortunately their ailments escalate very quickly. Boots had problems and you were always there for him beyond any reasonable doubt. You could not have been a better dad. I think Boots was telling you that in his final moments when all he wanted was the comfort of your presence.

Many hugs to you and Cinder and Smokey. Boots and Bowser are together and in good hands - cherish the memories.

Donnaj4962
06-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh no.... serious LES here. Phred, I am so sorry that Boots has gone to the RB. He is safe and well, and he lived his life KNOWING that he was loved! You were a great Dad to Boots.... don't ever think any different.

I just cannot imagine.... it was so sudden. I am so saddened.

RIP sweet Boots. Play hard, safe and well with the other PT RB babies.

Scooter's Mom
06-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I too am typing through my tears. I am so sorry to hear about Boots. Boots was surely one of the most loved kitties around. You'll be in my thoughts and my prayers.

Crystal

shais_mom
06-29-2007, 11:52 PM
omg
I am stunned.
I'm so sorry Phred.
Godspeed sweet Boots.
you will be missed.
Bowser lead him home.

zippy-kat
06-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear about Boots - so, so very sorry. I'm just in shock and I know that shock and hurt is nothing compared to what my dear friend is feeling.

I don't have any words, just lots and lots of {{{hugs.}}}

Rest sweetly, Boots, rest sweetly.

Oh, Phred. :( {{hugs}}

NoahsMommy
06-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh Phred....my heart breaks for you. I know my job is to tell you that God is here and is testing your faith, testing your willingness to run into his arms and cling to his Goodness. I know its hard to see, its hard for me to see that too....two angels in such a short time is the cruelest thing for anyone to endure. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((Phred))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))

Maybe Bowzer was lonely up in the RB and needed a friend? Maybe Boots wasn't hurting yet and God thought up a plan? Give Boots a little nap and up to RB he goes to be with Bowzy and God...the best place to be. Pain free, illness free and happy. :)

Gosh, I wish I could take away the hurt, I wish I could do something, anything to help. But, all I can really do is pray and be here if you wanna talk, or, listen to me talk, or whatever you want. I'm here, sweet soul.

Love, Kelly

R.I.P. Boots

RobiLee
06-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm crying :(

I'm so sorry, Phred. I'm shocked right now and don't know what to say. I'm sending out lots of love and hugs for you and will keep you in my prayers.

Rest In Peace, Dear Boots.

kimlovescats
06-30-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm very sorry that you have lost your dear kitty, Boots. Please know that God does not pick on any one of us or any of his creatures. RIP Boots.

Glacier
06-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh, Phred, I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. Boots was a well loved kitty, by you and your PT friends. Godspeed Boots.

anna_66
06-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh Phred,

I'm SO sorry to hear about Boots:( Although I never heard much about him I do know how much he meant to you.
The pain in your heart must be terrible right now and I wish there was something I could do.
Just know I'm here for you dear friend.

Many (((HUGS)))
Anna & Mark

Ginger's Mom
06-30-2007, 06:49 AM
I am so sorry, Phred. Boots knew what he was doing when he chose the ranch as his home. He had a wonderful and loving home. I am sure he snuggled up with Bowser right now, and they are watching the ranch with love in their hearts. {{{Hugs}}}

Felicia's Mom
06-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I am so sorry. May Boots R.I.P.

Logan
06-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I am so very, very sorry for your loss. :(

kittycats_delight
06-30-2007, 08:01 AM
omg
I am stunned.
I'm so sorry Phred.
Godspeed sweet Boots.
you will be missed.
Bowser lead him home.

I echo these sentiments. I am at a complete loss for words and totally shocked.

RIP Boots. And Phred take what little comfort you can knowing you held Boots close and helped him cross the bridge. Bowser will look after him now until you can all be reunited again.

Randi
06-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Oh Phred, my eyes are leaking too - it just doesn’t seem fair! :( Why Boots? He wasn’t old enough for this! :(

I’m SO sorry for the pain you’re going though and I wish I could take it away. Boots was one my favourites, you know, and it’s difficult to take in that he’s not with us anymore. :(

Phred you gave him a wonderful home, and he was smart to choose to live with you. You were always there when he needed your help. I remember the trips to the vet when he had his operation - you couldn’t have been a better dad!

Heaven has a very special tuxie angel now, and I know that Pjevs and John will be there to show him around. Play hard at the RB, Boots, and please give your dad a sign that you’re OK.

Boots, you will be missed very much, you were such a special boy, and you will never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace, sweet Boots!

Big (((((hugs))))) Phred - take care!

Cincy'sMom
06-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Phred, I am sitting here in shock and don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry you have lost another precious baby.

Sending lots of hugs to you, Cinder and Smoke.

Boots, I hope you have found your buddies, Shadow and Bowser and you are all together. RIP, handsome kitty

Sudilar
06-30-2007, 09:19 AM
OMGoodness, Phred........(crying) I can't even begin to read what happened!!! No, not Boots!! Can't type now....must come back later.......
My HEART goes out to you!!!!!!!!!!

pitc9
06-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Oh Phred.... I'm so sorry Boots was called to the bridge. Boots and Bowser are together again.

MANY {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, Smoke and Cinder. :(

lizbud
06-30-2007, 09:34 AM
LES here :( I am so sorry Phred. Rest In Peace Boots. :(

kb2yjx
06-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Sleep softly, dear Boots...

cloverfdx
06-30-2007, 12:08 PM
:( Phred i am so very sorry. RIP Boots.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I saw the title to this thread and could not, did not want to believe it was true. Along with everyone else I am crying for your loss. My heart goes out to you and Cinder and Smoke. :(
RIP Boots Da Kat. You and Bowser watch over your daddy and the two mutts as well.

Pawla
06-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm so sorry Phred. God is not punishing you. Everything happens for a reason. We may never fully understand the reason, but God does. I'm so very sorry that you've had to endure this twice in such a short time. Maybe Bowser needed "Boots Da Cat" at the bridge, or maybe Boots needed Bowser. :( {{{HUGS}}}

ChrisH
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh, Phred, I'm so sorry. :( My heart goes out to you. {{hugs}}

Rest in Peace Boots, you were so loved and will be sorely missed.

emily_the_spoiled
06-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh Phred, I am so sorry. I am writing this through my tears. Boots da Kat was loved greatly by everyone here and especially you. You did nothing wrong and you couldn't have been a better dad to him.

He is now healthy and watching over you, Cinder, and Smoke.

Until you meet him again {{{hugs}}} :(

auggie
06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Phred, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(
{{{hugs}}}
Please don’t ever blame yourself.
Cats are notorious for hiding illness and pain.
You’ve always been a great dad to your furkids.
Rest in peace sweet Boots.

Barbara
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Phred I am so sorry. Boots' story has helped me both with Filou and with Tigris- so I feel very close to you and your experience.
I can understand very well that Hiob's doubts are in you right now- for me it is easier not to find any sense in what happens to our beloved. It simply happens. Nature is that way. And a God who would think of punishing you among all people would not make much sense for me either. So it must be another reason why Boots had to leave the bestest dad he ever knew :(

cyber-sibes
06-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Sleep peacefully, dear Boots
((((hugs)))) :( LES big time...(((more hugs)))
oh Phred, Im so sorry, you are having a rough summer!
Maybe Bowz whispered down to Boots that he was pain-free and happy in the place beyond the Rainbow Bridge.....and Boots was just tired of hurting. Being the good kat he was, figured he'd just slip away if he could so as not to bother you. Don't be so hard on yourself, you gave Boots a great life.

((((hugs again))))
wooos from Star, Sherman, Pat & JoJoe

lizbud
06-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Phred, I found this old poem that I once posted for my white kitty Sugar's
passing. I wanted to post it for your boy Boots also. :(

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

Sudilar
06-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I can see the reunion now at RB. Bowz greeting Boots!!
I am so very sorry, Phred for your great losses. I know how hard it is to loose two so closely together, one older and one too young to die with no warning. Life is so unfair.
My heart goes out to you and Cinder and Smokey. Hugs.

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Phred, I'm in shock and I'm so very sorry to hear this.:( Cats are very good at hiding their illnesses and sometimes it's just too late by the time we discover them. Boots knew that you loved him and that you would do anything possible for him. You'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Boots.:(

Logan
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Boots? Did you find Mimi and Shrimp Boat and Mr. B?? I know there are other kitties waiting to meet you, too. Please send a sign to your dad that you are ok, Boots. Please?

ramanth
06-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh Phred, I am sooo sorry. :( :( :( RIP dear Boots. I hope Bowser showed you where all the best Clam Juice is kept up there at the RB. *HUGS*

:(

Vermontcat
06-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Boots has gone to the Rainbow Bridge so suddenly. :(
He was such a handsome tuxedo cat.
Samantha sends some comforting purrs your way.

Rachel
07-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Oh, Phred, I am so very sorry for the pain you are feeling. What a shock to hear of Boots sudden illness and need to go to the BRIDGE .

Dear Boots, how I loved his kitty observations when he decided to take paw to the computer. He made me smile so many times with his activities at the ranch. I do hope he will forgive me for sometimes being mistaken whether he was a he or a she. He was one determined little soul and devoted to his clan at the Ranch. I can't even begin to imagine how utterly different that little part of the world will be without his humble presence.

Good-bye, Boots The Kat. You were part of Pet Talk too, a charter member. I don't invite many kitties into the likes of our Dog Gone house, but now that you are free to travel, I especially want to extend the invitation to you. This house has been designated *spirit friendly* and has been recently visited by another departed. I hope to be able to experience your presence soon.

smokey the elder
07-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm so sorry about Boots. Cats have a way of getting sick on you without you noticing. I'll miss him and his "tails". Play hard at the Bridge.

Cataholic
07-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh, Phred. I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My heart breaks for you a thousand times over. For Boots, for Bowser, for you. There are things we just never fully understand, and our first thought is to turn inward and question. It isn't you. You are one of the most kindest, gentlest people I know. God doesn't punish. Not you or your furkids. I know you know that. It was Boots time. He went with compassion, and love. We all should be so lucky. You did all that you could, and sometimes, that isn't enough.

You are in my thougths and prayers.

Love,
Johanna

4 Dog Mother
07-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Phred, I am so sorry to hear about Boots. It is never nice to lose a pet but losing two in one summer has to be dreadful.

Here is a poem I found recently about the loss of a son. All you have to do is place cat in the place of son. I hope it helps.

He Only Took My Hand

Last night while I was trying to sleep my son's voice I did hear.
I opened my eyes and looke around but he did not appear.
He said, "You've got to listen. You've got to understand;
God didn't take me from you. He only took my hand.
When I cried out in pain that night, the instant that I died,
He reached down from heaven and took my hand, and pulled me to his side.
My body so badly wounded, I could never be the same.
I love you and miss you so...please don't keep asking why.
My body's gone forever, but my spirit will never die!
So live until we meet again, and please try to understand
God didn't take me from you, He only took my hand.

Don't hesitate to call. Love you, Diana

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-01-2007, 09:49 AM
:( Oh NO...... NOT our BOOTS..... :( :(
I am so sorry for your enormous loss Phred. Boots was such a special cat; he also looked a lot like my Zazou.

We will miss our Boots, the cat who had a direct line with God, together with his dog-brothers....

K9karen
07-01-2007, 11:59 AM
:( :( Total shockwave. I can't find the words to express my sorrow, Phred. To lose 2 beloved furkids so soon is devasting. Know that Cody, the Watcher over the Bridge, is keeping Boots and Bowser happy together. Rest in Peace little man, healthy and playful and know you'll always be loved and missed by dad and his friends.

AdoreMyDogs
07-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I just now saw this thread. Phred, you poor, sweet man. You have been threw so much and you remain so strong. No one ever should have to have two beloved pets depart so soon after each other, and I am so very sorry for your loss. Boots Da RanchKat was just as cute as a button and he was so lucky to have you as a furdad. You're such a good man with a heart of gold and such a sensetive, gentle nature. Any animal wins the lotto when he or she is accepted into your house and heart. I do wish Boots didn't need to be with God so soon after your sweet Bowser left for the bridge, but it was Boots' time. I am so sorry, dear Phred.

Love,

Leslie & family

Kfamr
07-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Phred, I'm so sorry. I'm just now seeing this. Boots has always been a beloved PT kitty of mine, too. I'm so sorry to hear that he has passed.

Hopefully him and Bowser can meet up at the RB together.

{{HUGS}} Rest well, Boots..

sirrahbed
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Just reading this..... :(

Boots the Kat has been part of my PT world and I am so sad to hear that he is now gone. (((((Phred))))))

lbaker
07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh Phred, oh John.. you must know that your lose is a lose to us all. Your strength and wisdom and courage have touched every single person with a heart beat of love over the years. You are loved back ten-fold and I just know there isn't one of us that doesn't wish we could help you in this sad, sad moment.

Daisy and Delilah
07-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm so sorry Phred. I can hardly see the screen. I just saw this thread :( Believe me when I tell you Phred, Boots couldn't have a had a better life than he had with you. We all know this. You have certainly had your share of misfortune recently. I know Bowser was there at the bridge, waiting for Boots. They're both running free and playing right now. :(

Rest In Peace Boots. :( You were a very handsome boy and you are sadly missed :(

wolf_Q
07-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh Phred, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Boots was a beautiful, and very loved cat. He will be missed by all of us. :( I'm sure he's with Bowser and all of the other beloved PT pets. {{hugs}}

joycenalex
07-01-2007, 09:59 PM
oh phred, i am so speechless at this great sadness, words are failing me. i am sorry

captain
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Phred,
I, like the rest of PT, am typing this post with tears in my eyes.

Boots had a great home with you, you were his saviour - and he surely "put up" with all the furkids because of you.
Please, please don't beat yourself up - as someone posted earlier, cats are so full of pride, that I am sure Boots was trying to keep his chin up for you.

My thoughts, prayers and {{{{{{{{{{huge hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} are coming to you across the miles.

Love
Michelle

karyn674
07-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Why?

Why do we feel so much their loss?

Why do we feel so lost, empty and helpless?

Because they enrich our lives, they make it complete.......the love they give to you is unconditional.........We're so lucky to have them close, yet so misfortunate that their life span is so small compared to ours.

Though I'm sure that the same way he enriched your life, you enriched his. He made your life complete and you made his.

I'm sure cos HE chose you!

I'm terribly in pain for your loss. Keep the good memories close to your heart.

You're in my prayers x x x x x

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Phred, I am just so very very sorry for your loss. Boots was (and always will be) such a special part of PT.

PLEASE don't blame yourself - as others have said, cats are masters at hiding their illness.(I went through the same with Kissy when he had kidney failure).

Sending you huge (((HUGS))) - I can only imagine how you are feeling at the moment.

Maresche
07-02-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Boots. I loved your stories from his perspective. He was a special part of Pet Talk and will be truly missed.

wolflady
07-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm so very sorry to hear of this loss. :( Boots was indeed one very special and very loved kitty; not only by you but all of PT as well. God must have needed Boots for a very special reason. Now Boots daAngel Kat will be looking over you from above.

Please know I'm thinking of you during this difficult time.

**hugs**

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Phred, I am so sorry to read this sad news. Thinking of you today.

Catty1
07-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Dearest Boots:

I know many Pet Angels were there to greet you. Be whole and healthy again, and send a quiet purr to your dad's ear and heart.

http://www.magicalomaha.com/penalargeCircleofCats.jpg

Rest well, beautiful Boots.

Vela
07-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I was out of town and didnt' see this until now. I'm very sorry you lost Boots=( I hope you can get some comfort knowing he's not suffering. That's very sad, I'm sorry.

Vio&Juni
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Phred, I am so sorry to hear that :(

RIP, dear Boots

Catlady711
07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I just had to have my Dusty PTS today. She'd also been through so many things in her life and it seemed so unfair for her to have to leave me.

I know that heartache you're feeling for Ranch Kat, I'm feeling the same for my Dusty. I hope that with tears and time that pain will ease.

I'm sure Dusty will be more than happy to share her catnip with your Ranch Kat.

rg_girlca
07-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear the loss of your beloved Boots. May you find comfort in the treasured memories of good times spent together.

Rest in Peace dear Boots.

mruffruff
07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm so sorry, Phred!

Boots left too soon. But if we could choose when and how our furry friends leave, they would never go. He will be missed by many.

I wish I could be there to give you some hugs, but since I can't, I'm sending a lot of virtual ones.

kallisto4529
07-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I am so sorry i just saw this!!! Oh no so soon after Browser, i am so sorry. my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

rosethecopycat
07-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm very sorry Phred, that you are separated from your dear kitty boy so suddenly and so soon after your Bowser.

Keep your eye steady, on the horizon. One day they will be there to greet you, and you will all be together again, forever.

delidog
07-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Dearest Phred,
I am So Sorry,I just saw this....
First Bowser,Now Your Beloved Boots!!!
That is Alot for you
You have my deepest Sympathy.....
I will Pray For a Safe Trip to The Bridge for Dear Boots...
Bowser will be there to meet him....

Godspeed Dearest Boots

sisterdog
07-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't often get to the cat side of PT, but when I saw this, my heart just sank. I've so enjoyed the "tails" from Boot's perspective. It's hard to believe he is gone. My condolences and hugs to you Phred. :(