PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Pippin

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Well today is a very sad day at our house. Our dear sweet Pippin has gone to "God's House" to rest. He had been having seizures a couple of months ago and so we put him on medication to stop them but the damage had apparently already been done. He was slowly loosing the use of his back legs. It was getting to the point where he could only walk on floors that had rugs so he would have traction. If he was on the lenolium his legs would slide out from underneath him and he would be dragging his bottom across the floor. So it was time to say good bye.

I hope that his brother Merry was there to greet him, as well as his best friend Lucas. I know they are playing together again now and feeling like kittens again. It seems like no matter how much you prepare yourself for the day you know is coming it still hurts so much to say good bye.

Pippin was a Maine Coon mix, he weighed about 20 lbs and about 15 years. He was a gentle giant in the cat world. He would just as soon give another cat the spot on the couch rather than fight with them. He had a very soothing purr and the sweetest disposition toward children. (Axel has sat on him a couple of times and he didn't so much as raise a paw to him). He was also great for snuggling when you weren't feeling well. Rest in peace old man, you are a great friend.

Karen
06-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Aww, cat-who-thumps, rest in peace. There's no one scary up at the Rainbow Bridge (this was a cat I never saw in person for years, until jealousy got the better of him one day when I was scritching Lucas) and there's always a ray of sunshine handy.

Killearn Kitties
06-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm so sorry you have lost your beautiful boy. He looks and sounds an absolute sweetheart. They are never with us long enough.
Rest in peace Pippin.

Donnaj4962
06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss. Pippin sunds like he was a great cat among cats! Play hard at the RB sweet one.

Catty1
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
What a beautiful boy, and such a sweet face.

I feel for you...

At the Bridge, running on all fours as fast as he can - go, Pippin!

And let your people know that you are watching them and love them...send a little sign, please.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank you everyone. We just put him to rest in a nice shady spot under two apple trees in our yard. My daughter and I will make a nice headstone for him to mark the grave. I'm sure he's found his way to the RB where Lucas, Merry and his mother Christmas are waiting for him.

Pawla
06-26-2007, 05:59 PM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my sixteen year old in March. He too was a gentle cat. I agree, they are never with us long enough.

kb2yjx
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
So sorry to read about your Pippin! Those Orangemen are so special. We lost our Ralph Syracuse a year ago, I am sure he met Pippin at the Bridge. Sleep softly, dear Pippin...

catlover4ever
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry to read about Pippin. You are right in that no matter how much we think we are ready...it still hurts so much, but you have done the right thing by Pippin.

RIP Sweet Pippin, may you play hard over the Rainbow Bridge.

Medusa
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank you for being there w/Pippin and making his transition to a better life easier. And thank you for doing what had to be done, for thinking of Pippin and not of yourself. He was a beautiful boy and he deserved the best and you gave it to him. RIP, sweet Pippin. He's watching over you now and thanking you, too.

catmandu
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Pippins Now A Pet Angel Now Having Got His Wings In China At A Confucian Temple.
Hes Atpeace And Is Looking Forward To Starting The Second Stage Of His Life Surrounded By Pet Angels Of All Ages Shapes And Sizes And Making A Note Of Places That His Beloved Ones Can Share When They Are Reunited In Love.
One Fine Day.

phesina
06-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Pippin. What a wonderful, fine cat, so loved by your family.

Taz_Zoee
06-26-2007, 08:03 PM
RIP Handsome Pippin Boy.

moosmom
06-26-2007, 09:20 PM
LOH,

I'm so sorry to hear about Pippin.

RIP Sweet boy.

RedHedd
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
RIP Sweet Pippin. Another orange Maine Coon may be there soon, although he's hanging on this side of the Bridge a little bit longer. Those big orange men sure do tug at your heartstrings.

Lady's Human
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Thank you all.

Pippen was in some ways the start of the relationship between LOH and I, so it was painful for me to let him go.

Play well, Bud.

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Godspeed Pippin....

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet Pippin.:(

AbbyMom
06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm so sorry. RIP Sweet Pippin.

Cataholic
06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet Pippin, may you RIP, eternally, at God's House. I know it is a great place to be, and you will be amongst friends. Your hoomans down here will be sad for awhile. Send them a message you made your way home.

{{{hugs to your house}}}}

Laura's Babies
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
They seem like they are with us no time when it is time for them to go, is there every enough time? That is why I love mine so hard, so much and so often.

May your sweet boy rest in peace and play hard until you meet again. I am sorry for your loss...

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
:(
:(

My Sincere Sympathies to All of you Guys.

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge, Dear Pippin ...
God's House is right next door.

May his Memories help fill the voids in your hearts.

Rest In Peace, Pippin.

/s/ :( Phred

jazzcat
06-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm very sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Pippin.

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks everyone. I know he's much happier where he is now.