PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rocca Baton.Actually Almond Roca Baton

catmandu
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I just okayed my Vet putting Rocca to sleep.she had kidney and heart troubles.
I would have liked to be there but I have no transport.
Her Angels were all there and they are going for Dinner Tonight at the Porch Angels Mall , and then My Balinese Beautywill get her wings at a Buddhist Temple in Tokoyo tomorrow morning.
I am sorry Rocca that I didnt know how ill you were. I guess I saw you as you always were young and sweet and I missed the reality that you slowly were getting old too.I wish I could change things but its too late.
Yesterday I thought things were fine, now you are gone.
RIP My Little Treasure and I will see you again.
I hope you know how special you were to me.
I miss you and the only good thing is I know that we will meet again.
I found out that her Birth Name was Almond Roca , and this is how I will call her in the future, Its Boca Raton thats the city in Florida.
But my popular demand Almond Roca Baton!!
One Fine Day.

Whisk_Luva
06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I am so sorry :(

AbbyMom
06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm so sorry, Gary. I'm sure you will meet again one find day.

RIP Rocca Baton.

Cinder & Smoke
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
My Balinese Beautywill get her wings at a Buddhist Temple in Tokoyo tomorrow morning.

:(
So Sorry, Gary.

You gave her a good, safe, HOME.
{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ :( Phred

Pawla
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Gary, I'm so very sorry. I just sent you a PM, then I saw this. I'm crying right now cause I know how it hurts. My El will meet her at the RB. {{HUGS}} :(

Prairie Purrs
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
She knows how much you loved her, and she knows that she enjoyed a wonderful life with you and the Found Cats.

Rest in peace, Rocca, lovely lady. What a beautiful angel you are.

cassiesmom
06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Gary, I'm so very sorry. I just sent you a PM, then I saw this. I'm crying right now cause I know how it hurts. My El will meet her at the RB. {{HUGS}} :(

Same here. Churchill will be waiting for her with my sister's rb kitties. [[hugs]]] I wish I could get you to your veterinarian's office.

Grace
06-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm so very sorry. Rocca Baton is meeting up with all her old friends and many, many new ones.

I'm sure that Henry is showing her how to nap up in a tree by now.

{{{{{ Gary }}}}}

lvpets2002
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
:( Oh My Gary I just read about wittle Rocca Baton && am so deeply sorry for your loss.. I know you Loved this baby so much.. RIP wittle one & May Corinna & the RB Angles be awaiting Rocca's arrival..

Kirsten
06-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh no, Gary, I just saw this!! I'm very sorry!! :(

R.I.P. Rocca Baton!

Kirsten

Karen
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Rocca Baton
Your time on earth is done, and you have moved on
Up to the Rainbw Bridge now your spirit will fly
But still, as a Cat Angel, you will also hover nearby
Play free at the Rainbow Bridge, now, healthy and whole
And comfort your person, and help fill his heart's hole.

Donnaj4962
06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh Gary, I am so sorry. You were there with her in spirit, and she knew the best love she could! You do so much for your Found Cats! She will be missed.

RIP sweet one, and play hard at the RB.

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry Gary. What a shock for you.

Rest in peace sweet little Rocca Baton. You were a very lucky Found Cat here on earth, and you will not be forgotten.

Freedom
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh Gary, she was loved and fed and warm all those years with you. And she knew love, even though she wasn't a snuggly one to show off. That is so special.

Sweet Rocca knew how much she was loved and that is so important. Play lots and lots at the birdge little lady!

catmandu
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_Picture1913.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=Picture1913.flv)

The only good thing is that I have movies to remeber her by.
This will be a comfort to me until we meet again.
Happy Trails little Almond Roca
Until we meet again
I hope theres shrimps and crabs for you
And say hello to the Angels who are waiting for you.
Have fun, eat at great places
And stay in Fancy Hotels
Because we will all have fun together
When we meeet again.
One Fine Day.
With apologies to Roy and Dale.

caseysmom
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Gary, I am so sorry about Rocca. I am sure she went downhill rapidly, the same thing happened with my rb gigi.

Please don't beat yourself up for it, you are truly a godsend to your kitties.

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Aww, Rocca purring in sunshine! How cute. :D

Cataholic
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Gary, I am so very sorry.

Zippy
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Gary I am so sorry.((HUGS)) She is a beautiful cat and will be waiting for you at the RB.
Rest in Peace Rocca

Randi
06-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry you have lost Rocca. :( I know you did your best for her, so don't beat yourself up. Now she's not suffering.

Rest in Peace, Rocca.

kittycats_delight
06-05-2007, 03:11 PM
oh Gary...I don't even know what to say. I am sooo sorry. She was sucha beautiful girl. Believe me she knows how much you love her. You gave her a loving, warm and happy home for all her years. She was well feed, loved, happy, and warm and she had tons of friends. You did good by her and even though she may not have been a cuddly girl she loved you for it.

RIP angel girl Rocca. You will be sorely missed. Watch over your pawpaw and the found cats. And remember you will be with your pawpaw again one fine day.

I made this little animation.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/rocca.gif

jenluckenbach
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh my gosh, Gary, I am so sorry that beautiful, delicate Rocca is gone. :( It is a sad day indeed.

catmandu
06-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Thank You Michelle for that animation.
And Almond Roca in Tokoyo with her New Friend El has her apprentice Pet Angel Wings and is dining at the American Grill with huge steaks, and her favorite shrimps.
We thank one and all for thier kind words , they mean more to us than we can say.

sirrahbed
06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I am sorry Gary - how sad for you :(

But, the video is just lovely - Rocca "purring in sunshine!" - It is amazing that we are able to capture memories this way!!

kb2yjx
06-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Gary!!! I just read about Rocca!!! I am so sorry. Sleep softly, dear sweet Rocca Baton...

catmandu
06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/th_cats101535.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/?action=view&current=cats101535.flv)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/th_cats101536.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/?action=view&current=cats101536.flv)
Scrappy 2 and Almond Roca spar a bit, the Senior Cat and the Young Upstart but its all in fun.

kimlovescats
06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh Gary, I just received word about your dear Rocca!!! I am so very sorry! PLEASE do NOT blame yourself! You said in your video that she was the smallest kitty. Kitties are excellent at hiding when they are not feeling well too! You gave Rocca 9 wonderful years, and she blessed you and your hotel as you blessed her!

BIG HUGS dear friend!!!
Kim :(

Kalei
06-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh I am so sorry Gary:( I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. It is good to know that Rocca passed peacefully and you will see her again. She knows how much you loved her and lived a very good life and experienced the unconditional love that a human can give.

Please rest in peace Rocca until you meet up with Gary again someday.

phesina
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh Gary, I am so very sorry to learn about Rocca Baton's passing. What a beautiful, delicate girl, so loving and so loved.

The videos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing them.

Her old pal Moose and his new buddy Priscilla are showing her around, as she joins the tour in Tokyo. How fitting that she will get her wings at a Buddhist temple in an Asian land!

Rest in peace, dear Rocca. And deepest sympathy to you, Gary, and all the other Found and Porch and Poofed Cats.

Hugs, purrs, and LES,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, and Elmer

Bengalz
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Gary, this is such a sad day for you. I know how devoted you are to all your furbabies and Rocca Baton was such a special love. You did your best to give her a wonderful home with lots of love and caring. She will always be with you.

Take care friend and hug all your little ones extra tight today.

Betty

Medusa
06-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm really sorry about your baby Rocca, Gary. If ever a cat knew it was loved, I know she did. You pamper your furkids and take such good care of them. It was her time to fly. RIP, Rocca. And be at peace, Gary.

Queen of Poop
06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Gary, please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of the lovely Rocca Baton.

Scooter's Mom
06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Gary I am so sorry to hear about Rocca. You are such a blessing to the many kitties that call you Dad. My RB kitty Sasha was timid as well and I know she was at the bridge to greet Rocca. Sasha didn't like many other critters here on earth (except a single solitary bunny) but I know that she has made wonderful friends with Rocca!

Sending you some hugs and prayers from my gang in Arizona.

Crystal

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry to hear about Roca's passing.:( She knew that you loved her very much and I'm sure that you'll meet again some day. RIP sweet girl.:(

catmandu
06-06-2007, 09:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_cats101811.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=1179932361.pbw)
WHEN I MADE THIS MOSAIC OF ALMOND ROCA ONLY A WEEK OR SO AGO I HAD NO IDEA THAT IT WOULD SERVE AS HER MEMORIAL.
I LOOK AT THE PHOTOS OF MY SIAMESE SIX PACK FROM ONLY TWO YERAS AGO AND ITS SAD THAT 3 OF THOSE DEAR CATS ARE GONE.
THE SURVIVING TRIO LOOK SO SAD AS THEY CURL TOGETHER.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND THOUGHTS AS THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME, MORE THAN I CAN SAY.

Laura's Babies
06-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Gary, she was a blessing to you for many years as you were to her. She would not want you to be sad but to be joyous that you had each other for so long and to remember all the beauty she brought to your fine hotel. She'd want you to remember the warmth she spread in all those piles she joined into and in your life. She would say to you, "Remember me with warn fuzzy feelings!". I am sorry for your loss and I know the pain. God be with you in your time of sorrow.

catmandu
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
This morning I was going to the bus stop and lo and behold I saw someone had moved and left this cordouroy pillow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101885.jpg
It was sitting beside my hedge so I took it in.
I think it was from Almond Roca Angel as the Terrific Trio jumped on it and started to PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR!!
A Gift from the Rainbow Bridge.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101886.jpg
Thank You Dear Friend Almond Roca.

lvpets2002
06-06-2007, 02:55 PM
;) Awee How so Sweet of Rocca to send down a Angel Pillow.. Bless that wittle Rocca Angel.. I would bet Rocca is in Corinna's lap now & getting all kinds of Head Bumps from the other Beloved PT Angels..
This morning I was going to the bus stop and lo and behold I saw someone had moved and left this cordouroy pillow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101885.jpg
It was sitting beside my hedge so I took it in.
I think it was from Rocca Angel as the Terrific Trio jumped on it and started to PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR!!
A Gift from the Rainbow Bridge.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101886.jpg
Thank You Dear Friend Rocca.

Husky15
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
:(

Gary, I am so sorry to hear of Rocca's passing. She was - and always will be -such a beautiful girl. And how sweet it is that she sent down a nice comfy pillow for her family.

Rest in peace, sweet Rocca.

buttercup132
06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
R.I.P Rocca:(

CultureJunky
06-07-2007, 06:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear that sweet Rocca has passed away. No doubt she is having fun now with sam and moose, playing at the bridge and waiting to see you again. It's lovely to see Rocca videos and so nice that you have them to remember her by.
RIP Rocca

Sevaede
06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh my word. :( :( :( I'm so sorry.

R.I.P. sweet, pretty Rocca Baton. :(

catmandu
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
My Vet took samples of Almond Rocas kidneys and called me to let me know that Almond Roca Baton had Cancer and that it was very concentrated and had spread rapidly as she was such a small frail Cat.
I dont feel as guilty for having such a Young Cat PTS.
I would never want a Found Cat to be in pain.
And I know that I will see My Friends in a Far Better Place.
One Fine Day!!!

Medusa
06-07-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope this gives you more peace now, knowing how ill Rocca really was. Bless her. And you.

jennielynn1970
06-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh my gosh, I just saw this now. I usually stay away from the memorial site, but read in another post on general that Rocca was an angel, and had to come to see what happened. I'm so sorry Gary... she had such a sweet and loving little face. I'm glad that she did not suffer. They hide things so well from us.

RIP Sweet Rocca... watch over your paw paw and the other found cats.

Barbiecat
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I am also so very sorry for the loss of Rocca; I know your babies are what keeps you going, and it doesn't matter how many you have, you love each and every one, and when one is gone, it hurts just as badly. I know my guy is getting up in years, and I'm so afraid that one of these days I'll be posting a sad message like this one, too. Keep the faith, and know that you did the best you could for your baby for many years, and you will meet again. I'm sitting here crying for you right now, and wish you the strength to get through this.

catmandu
06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Is my Face Red.
Theres no Rocca Baton.
Its Boca Raton!!!
And Her Birth Name was Almond Roca and she was just shy of her tenth Purrthday.
I am sorry that I ahve beem misnaming her all these years.
Sorry Almond Roca.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_noses2005.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=1181141354.pbw)

Pawla
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
It didn't matter to her what you called her. All she cared about was that you loved and provided for her all those years. You really shouldn't be red faced.

cassiesmom
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I like Rocca Baton much better.

Prairie Purrs
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I like Rocca Baton much better.

So do I.

catmandu
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Almond Roca Baton It Is, I Wouldnt Want Her To Be Confused By A Name Change Now That Shes An Angel!!

phesina
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Boca Raton is a city in Florida, ho hum...

Rocca Baton, no make that ALMOND Roca Baton! is a stunningly beautiful, sweet, delicate kitty angel who is loved dearly by her pawpaw and all her friends and who loves them all back.

MUCH better name.

Pat

jennielynn1970
06-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I thought Rocca Baton was a wonderful name, and I thought it was a great play words for the city Boca Raton. No body knew that it wasn't an intentional name Gary... besides, your name has more character, and lord knows she was much sweeter than the city in Florida!

G535
06-09-2007, 03:37 AM
How many cats have fancy names but only answer to "puss" or "kitty"? It's how much they are loved that really matters.

I'm so sorry to hear about Rocca, she was one of my favourite found cats.

Daisy and Delilah
06-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your beautiful Almond Roca Baton, Gary. :(

Rest in Peace Almond Roca Baton :(

DJFyrewolf36
06-10-2007, 04:55 AM
RIP sweet Rocca. *HUGS* to you Gary

smokey the elder
06-10-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm so sorry about Almond Bocca Raton. She was a sweet cat. But I think knowing that she had incurable cancer made her trip to the RB easier for you.

I have a new foster meowmie who has a black almond shaped spot on the top of her head, and I intend to name her Almond.

jazzcat
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Gary, I'm very sorry to hear about beautiful Rocca.

Rest in Peace sweet one.

rg_girlca
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm so sorry on the passing of your beloved Almond Roca. What beautiful memories you have of her in the video's and pictures.
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace dear Roca. You were truely loved and will never be forgotten.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} GARY

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry you've lost another beloved friend.

RIP Rocca. :(

sam5263
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I have not been to this site in quite some time, but when I did, I immediately went to where I saw that you started a thread. I remember how nice you were when I went through the same thing 2 months ago. I would like to return the gesture and send my deepest condolences. RIP Roca. :(