PDA

View Full Version : Cobber

DarthCobber
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure if any of you may recall my story, but I had a cat that was diagnosed with redirected aggression. Cobber would attack me whenever another cat was present outside (he was an indoor cat). We tried just about everything and dealt with his behavior for a couple years. He was a wonderful, wonderful friend. I had to put him down finally after he attacked me a couple weeks ago. The details aren't important. I was in the hospital for five days with a serious infection that almost got me. I will miss him terribbly(sp?) and cannot get use to his absence. He was the best cat ever.

Catty1
05-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi...I went back through some of your posts, and it was the cat I remember.

You did the right thing. Sometimes our own pets can just turn...there was a shelter dog story told here - the dog was just out-of-its-mind aggressive. Literally turned into another creature altogether. He finally had to be PTS, and was snarling and fighting as he was carried to the table.

I believe and pray that Cobber is at peace, with his mind restored. In his heart, I believe he loved you, and still does.

We just never know why these things happen sometimes.

Wishing you peace and comfort. My sincere condolences....you and your wife and vet tried everything you could. Remember that.

HUGS!

kb2yjx
05-10-2007, 07:38 AM
We once had a cat similar to your Cobber. And had to do the same, it is not easy...May Cobber be at peace. Take Care. Sleep softly, dear Cobber...

smokey the elder
05-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Poor Cobber. Maybe animals can become psychotic, who knows? But you cannot risk your own life, either. RIP, Cobber.

Logan
05-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I am so sorry, especially since an attack on you was what precipitated Cobber's demise. I do not blame you one bit for your decision, but my heart hurts for you as I know it was so hard for you.

You have my deepest sympathies and my prayers.

Logan

catmandu
05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Cobbers with the Pet Angel Army in India and hes sorry that he attacked you.
And that you had to go through this sad process of having him PTS.
He says that he will be the Best Cat ever when you meet again in Paradise and there will be many places that you can see together.
One Fine Day.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this but you made the right decision even though I know it was very difficult to do.:( RIP sweet Cobber.:(

Hellow
05-12-2007, 12:03 AM
RIP Cobber. May he rest in peace. Live long and prosper, DarthCobber. :)